Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

All League

McElroy to Start

Per Manish

All League
    Too little too late.

Banned
    Cementing the fact that he wanted no part of Tebow.

Talk about getting screwed by your bosses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tebow should ask for his release today. Whether you like the guy or not, hes done everything he has been asked to do, and now they promote the 3rd string qb over him.

Obviously, Rex wants no part of tebow. So im wondering if there is a disconnect btwn tanny and Rex. Everyone assumes this was a woody call but maybe tanny did this on his own.

YAY McELROY!

YAY NOODLE ARM!

This is such an empty feeling I have. It was obvious. He needed to play. I'm thankful that I don't have to watch Mark Sanchez play football anymore. Hell, I wasn't gonna watch for the rest of the season. Now I have to see how noodle arm fairs. Just like the Jets to win enough games to get a sh!ttier draft pick.

Bet Rex wishes he would have gone with his gut instinct last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Cementing the fact that he wanted no part of Tebow.

Talk about getting screwed by your bosses.
    if mcelroy is even decent tebow doesn't see the field. since tanny drafted him he could really use mcelroy to pan out. rex wants wins and no turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow should ask for his release today.
    And the Jets should grant it.

Obviously, Rex wants no part of tebow. So im wondering if there is a disconnect btwn tanny and Rex. Everyone assumes this was a woody call but maybe tanny did this on his own.
    Either way, it clearly wasn't Rex's call (something I was wrong about tbqh).

Banned
    Tebow should ask for his release today. Whether you like the guy or not, hes done everything he has been asked to do, and now they promote the 3rd string qb over him.

You might be right.

A few weeks ago Woody vehemently denied being the person behind the Tebow trade. If that is true, then it was all Tanny. Rex's actions prove he had nothing to do with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

thank baby jesus!

All League
    Tebow sucks.

I feel bad for him.

He was brought into this place to be part of the petting zoo that is the NY Jets.
    What a ****ing joke.

Woody's Petting Zoo...Step Right Up

You might be right.

A few weeks ago Woody was vehemently denied being the person behind the Tebow trade. If that is true, then it was all Tanny. Rex's actions prove he had nothing to do with it.
    Paves the way for a "Demote Tanny, Retain Rex" situation.

Tanny will take the bullet for the Sanchez Draft and Resign and the Tebow Aquisition Failure, Rex will live on due to injuries, bad QB's and another Top 10 Defense and Top 10 Rushing attack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Praise Jesus

You might be right.

A few weeks ago Woody was vehemently denied being the person behind the Tebow trade. If that is true, then it was all Tanny. Rex's actions prove he had nothing to do with it.
    just one more reason why tanny will not be the gm after the season, and why rex gets one more chance as hc. but now he can't go back to sanchez, since sanchez has lost the lockerroom and rex will lose whatever credibility he has left.

also think sanchez is gone next season. the team needs to move on and so does sanchez. it's one year, then it's over. hopefully mcelroy plays well.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Too little too late.
    A week late anyway

Yes finally. I will not have to endure any more suckchez. To bad it took to now.

Jets Insider VIP
    I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?

Handling Tebow will be important...

He shouldn't start and Rex is doing the correct thing however. The most I can think of is that Rex was into the idea of him solely as a wildcat guy ala Brad Smith. Shockingly that is what he said before the season too.

Tebow can't win... Just can't happen in this league.

So does that mean Teabow will be inactive.

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    McElroy is expected to be the guy, but organization is concerned with potential fallout for passing over Tebow. Never a dull moment. #Jets