Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Paves the way for a "Demote Tanny, Retain Rex" situation.

Tanny will take the bullet for the Sanchez Draft and Resign and the Tebow Aquisition Failure, Rex will live on due to injuries, bad QB's and another Top 10 Defense and Top 10 Rushing attack.
    I agree that Rex is probably staying.

Tanny will be the fall guy. It wouldn't shock me if he is fired. Either way, Scott Cohen will be our new GM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?
    Why would any coach with half a brain go with Tebow?

Listen, I love the kids work ethic, heart and determination.

But he's not a QB in this league.

McElroy probably isn't the future, but we know Tebow isn't.

You can't expect to contend for the playoffs or Superbowl every year having to rely on your starting QB pulling last second wins out of his ass every week.

Rex made the right decision.

Finally

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is true, goes to show you who wanted to trade for teblow and who didn't

I hope its true

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?
    tebow has succeeded with the right pieces around him, at florida and denver. strong o-lines, running games and defenses. the jets don't have the offense to support him for 4 quarters, just like they don't have the team to carry sanchez for 4 quarters, for different reasons. tebow, like sanchez, is not accurate.

rex wants a smart, pocket passer who can complete short passes, make good decisions and not turn the ball over. this is mcelroy, not tebow, not sanchez.

rex is finally acting to save his job and try to get the lockerroom back in full. sanchez is benched and i'd be surprised he's on the team next year. the defense clearly has no faith in him and sanchez sounds like a defeated athlete. it will be harder for the jets to win games next season if sanchez is on the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 games too late, we'd still be in playoff contention if McElroy played last night.

Mike Tannenbaum wins the "idiot of the year" award for giving Sanchez an extension

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why would any coach with half a brain go with Tebow?

Listen, I love the kids work ethic, heart and determination.

But he's not a QB in this league.

McElroy probably isn't the future, but we know Tebow isn't.

You can't expect to contend for the playoffs or Superbowl every year having to rely on your starting defense and kicker pulling last second wins out of their ass every week.

Rex made the right decision.

Finally
    fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    The Jets have informed their QBs that Greg McElroy is starting Sunday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    funniest thing will be if tanny gets fired, then mcelroy becomes the starter and the team starts winning next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    having to rely on your starting defense and kicker
    but that is exactly what rex wants. Defense, run the ball and win low scoring affairs. Rex has no interest in throwing the ball all over the place and scoring points. Tebow is perfect for Rex's philosophy. Thats why I cannot understand why rex never went with him. Its seems like the perfect fit.

Its not so much who is going to play moving forward. But if rex really wanted to win that game last night, he should have put tebow in and he would have won it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mc, you're gonna love the beard

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    McElroy is expected to be the guy, but organization is concerned with potential fallout for passing over Tebow. Never a dull moment. #Jets
    Potential fallout = drop in jersey sales

Tebow and his agent should be pissed, but no on ever guaranteed him any playing time. Just goes to show how inept Sparano is

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Too little too late.
    Way to late. Now they R hoping he'll win the last to to up his trade value since Mark is worth nothing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    but that is exactly what rex wants. Defense, run the ball and win low scoring affairs. Rex has no interest in throwing the ball all over the place and scoring points. Tebow is perfect for Rex's philosophy. Thats why I cannot understand why rex never went with him. Its seems like the perfect fit.

Its not so much who is going to play moving forward. But if rex really wanted to win that game last night, he should have but tebow in and he would have won it.
    tebow has a long release, fumbles too often and is not an accurate qb. this is not what rex wants.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow was never the backup QB anyway, he was just supposed to fill the Brad Smith role. It's just now it's obvious.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not so much who is going to play moving forward. But if rex really wanted to win that game last night, he should have but tebow in and he would have won it.
    Rex wants a conservative passing attack, but passing attack, still.

With Tebow you're running a pre-Sammy Baugh-era offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Tebow was never the backup QB anyway, he was just supposed to fill the Brad Smith role. It's just now it's obvious.
    rex and tanny were always upfront about this. it was the media that wanted him to be more. in the end, the jets were telling the truth. they never wanted tebow throwing the ball.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Per Manish
    Is there a link for this?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Potential fallout = drop in jersey sales

Tebow and his agent should be pissed, but no on ever guaranteed him any playing time. Just goes to show how inept Sparano is
    Hopefully I'll have my 14 McElroy by registered mail from jersey101 in time for Sunday

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex wants a conservative passing attack, but passing attack, still.

With Tebow you're running a pre-Sammy Baugh-era offense.
    I guess we will never know the true story. It just seems so odd to me that with the season on the line, he didnt pull mark last night. Anyone with a pulse could see mark was terrified to be out there and wanted no part of being a starting qb.

You may hate tebow and think he isnt an nfl qb, but he would have won that game last night if given the opportunity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Too little too late.
    This.