Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    They should release Tebow. It is such a travesty what this team has done to him. I absolutely hate this organization right now. Such a disgrace.
    Well I agree they should let him go. I'm not a fan of him as the Jets starter, but there's no denying he's a good kid and probably can be productive in the right environment. Let him move on if he wants.

That's the question though. Does he want to? He should have known what he was getting into. If there were better options, why didn't he choose one of 'em before? Maybe a team that's willing to use him somewhat regularly as a change of pace, wildcat guy is his best option.

But no one forced him here. He chose it. Can't feel too bad for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    How about a victory cigar??
    That'll do for me.

Just will be interesting. Wonder what he'll have to do to fully commit to him for next year,.

Jets Insider VIP
    But no one forced him here. He chose it.
    He was traded. and i dont buy any of the baloney that they gave tebow a choice of where to go. Elway is a prick. He didnt care where tim wanted to go. He was shipping him out as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    but that is exactly what rex wants. Defense, run the ball and win low scoring affairs. Rex has no interest in throwing the ball all over the place and scoring points. Tebow is perfect for Rex's philosophy. Thats why I cannot understand why rex never went with him. Its seems like the perfect fit.

Its not so much who is going to play moving forward. But if rex really wanted to win that game last night, he should have put tebow in and he would have won it.
    That's exactly what McElroy is. He happens to be able to run a conventional offense. Tebow is terrible!! McElroy would have won last nights game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Now if the Tuna would have just guaranteed that he would have taken Peyton with the top pick in 1997 look at all the heartache we would have missed..

Tebow to Jacksonville where he belongs...McElroy is a version of Chad Pennington; bring #10 in this offseason to coach him up!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...cElroy-Alabama

One week too late...but YAY!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Tebow to Jacksonville where he belongs...McElroy is a version of Chad Pennington; bring #10 in this offseason to coach him up!

Chaddy has something that GMac doesn't.. A portfolio of his surgeries.. You know Chad has said he wants to spend time with his family no way would he coach other then what he did for Sanchez this year and that turned out swell right??

Tebow should ask for his release today. Whether you like the guy or not, hes done everything he has been asked to do, and now they promote the 3rd string qb over him.

Obviously, Rex wants no part of tebow. So im wondering if there is a disconnect btwn tanny and Rex. Everyone assumes this was a woody call but maybe tanny did this on his own.
    I think it would have been an all out disaster if he started Tebow, at least with this decision he shows he gets it a little...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I think it would have been an all out disaster if he started Tebow, at least with this decision he shows he gets it a little...
    emphasis on the "a little"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    One week too late...but YAY!!!!
    More like 10 weeks too late.

All well and good, but Pennington 2.0 is not the long term answer. Hopefully this is just temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    funniest thing will be if tanny gets fired, then mcelroy becomes the starter and the team starts winning next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    He sucks in a conventional offense. Everyone knew this. That's what the Jets had him do in the preseason. And if you don't understand this difference there's little else that can be discussed.

Put him in the spread option where dual rush pass QB belong and he will flourish just like the rest of these kids coming out of college. He was the best spread option QB bar none coming out of college other than RG3.
    If our HC / OC were smart they would have implemented spread option packages for Tim to run occasionally. But unfortunately they are dumb****s so they didn't. They wasted an opportunity to make the best use of Tebow's talent. The guy is not a conventional drop-back QB (and never will). But the team definitely could have gotten more from him this season than they did (which was nothing) with just a small bit of good coaching. Instead Sparano showed zero imagination or creativity with his use of Tim. It's embarrassing for both Tebow and the Jets organization. Why even bother trading for the guy if you aren't going to play him ??

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why would any coach with half a brain go with Tebow?

Listen, I love the kids work ethic, heart and determination.

But he's not a QB in this league.

McElroy probably isn't the future, but we know Tebow isn't.

You can't expect to contend for the playoffs or Superbowl every year having to rely on your starting QB pulling last second wins out of his ass every week.

Rex made the right decision.

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You know Chad has said he wants to spend time with his family no way would he coach other then what he did for Sanchez this year and that turned out swell right??
    You are right, Savage; that coaching session does not seem to have worked! ....at least it was Sanchez that sought out Pennington (from Chad's 2008 success with the Wildcat), not the other way around.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Watch him go 23/32, 305 yards, 3 TD's 0 INT's and the Jets beat the Chargers 34-10.
    You read my mind. That's the Jets way, isn't it?

I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?
    I don't see it that way. Seems obvious to me that Tanny's job was tied to Sanchez, and until the team was eliminated he felt obligated,if not ordered to play him.

That ship had sailed, and now Rex it's doing what he had to for his job and reputation. Fact is playing Sanchez was not best for the team, but best for Rex. Any future GM or owner is going to want a company man. Rex had been that, and if rumors are true that Woody wants McElroy, he still is.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post

And Maurice Jones-Drew to NY. Sounds like a fair deal to me!

I am psyched. Let's see what he's got. I'm as big of a Sanchez apologist as there is, but it is so clear he's broken as a Jet, at least. He's got the Yips (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips)

Now it's time for us to stop making arguments about how Sanchez' stats look similar to Eli's early stats, and *start* making arguments about how McElroy (drafted late, super smart, etc) reminds us of Brady!