Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Sanchez and Tebow have one thing in common as qb's.

They both gave me the drizzly sh*ts when they went back to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    I'm actually quite ok with this as long as they trade him.

I think the Tebow hate is quite ridiculous honestly. The same people who kept bringing up how Sanchez's rhythm was messed up, then turn around and judge Tebow based on 3 freaking plays a game.

I don't see how anyone can actually judge anything when the guy didn't even get a chance to play half of a football game with this team. And when he DID start with another team he took them to the playoffs and won in the playoffs.

It's like all logic is thrown out the window when it comes to any kind of objective evaluation of this guy.
    Hey! Let's not try to make any sense here...

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Watch him go 23/32, 305 yards, 3 TD's 0 INT's and the Jets beat the Chargers 34-10.
    I feel that coming, honestly...In the times that he has played in either preseason or regular season, McElroy has shown an awareness and a playmaker ability that I have rarely seen in Sanchez. I've always thought he might be something special. Some guys just move their team down the field, clicking off first downs and everytime he's been in that's exactly what he's done. The exact opposite of Sanchez, Mr 3 and Out

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I really don't think people understand how bad the Cardinals are if they think McElroy can be our starter...
    We won't know until we give him a chance, smoke some of that leaf and you'll start to see the possibilities...

I'd love to see a 20 completion game from a Jets QB that ended in a win with zero interceptions! Sanchez hasn't done that since early in 2010. Tony Romo has done it 5 times since Week 7 and 19 completions in another game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Because he doesn't have much of an arm, I don't see McElroy lighting it up. He could do a good job, but he won't be lighting anything up.
    Chad came in and lit it up in 2002 with probably a weaker arm than McElroy

Jets Insider VIP
    Rumors are rumors, but multiple media sources reported a couple of weeks back that Rex wanted to start Mac while Tanny and Sparano were in favor or Sanchez. Rex went with Sanchez.

If these rumors are correct, then Rex just won the power struggle and both Tanny and Sparano are either gone or re-assigned. In other words, Rex set it up as, "You want your guy? Fine. Let's see if he ruins the season." And Sanchez did end up ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I'd love to see a 20 completion game from a Jets QB that ended in a win with zero interceptions! Sanchez hasn't done that since early in 2010. Tony Romo has done it 5 times since Week 7 and 19 completions in another game!!!
    we'd be amazed how far that can get a team. then get a playmaker or two and you're on your way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Chad's arm was fine in 2002. It was after the injuries it really declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Now if the Tuna would have just guaranteed that he would have taken Peyton with the top pick in 1997 look at all the heartache we would have missed..
    we will always be tortured I guess...It's our destiny

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Rumors are rumors, but multiple media sources reported a couple of weeks back that Rex wanted to start Mac while Tanny and Sparano were in favor or Sanchez. Rex went with Sanchez.

If these rumors are correct, then Rex just won the power struggle and both Tanny and Sparano are either gone or re-assigned. In other words, Rex set it up as, "You want your guy? Fine. Let's see if he ruins the season." And Sanchez did end up ruining it.
    sparano is gone and while tanny may remain employed by the jets, he won't be the gm. rex has clearly been saying what's been written for him this season. but i think even tanny can't support sanchez anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Chad came in and lit it up in 2002 with probably a weaker arm than McElroy
    True, but then teams adjusted and Chad was never the same as his first couple of games that season.

Regardless, let's see Mac in a full game situation to judge his arm strength. He had a weak arm last year, but supposedly he underwent an offseason conditioning regiment to improve his arm strength. Rex mentioned the improved arm strength.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?
    Jon Gruden was explicit in his description of how the Jets are using Tebow.

What were his words...let me see..."Empty backfield, run-for-your-life plays...EDIT... NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE THINKING, THERE"

How much is TEbow, and how much is coaching I am not sure. But it was scary bad when TIm got the ball.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 12-18-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Chad's arm was fine in 2002. It was after the injuries it really declined.
    Chad had below average armstrength in 2002. It was after the injuries when he had a non-NFL arm.

Bewildered Beast

Wow, just wow. This exact thought has been bothering me. Interesting pov.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why would any coach with half a brain go with Tebow?

Listen, I love the kids work ethic, heart and determination.

But he's not a QB in this league.

McElroy probably isn't the future, but we know Tebow isn't.

You can't expect to contend for the playoffs or Superbowl every year having to rely on your starting QB pulling last second wins out of his ass every week.

Rex made the right decision.

Finally
    +1

What's left of the season is now a try-out for spring minicamp.

There's no better way to see if McElroy has what it takes than to give him live game action at home and on the road.

SAR I

Chad had below average armstrength in 2002. It was after the injuries when he had a non-NFL arm.
    parcells said at the time he was drafted, that he could make all the throws. clearly parcells liked chad's brain. he won with simms and likes qbs who can be coached and play smart. mcelroy seems to be similar to chad, plus he played on a much bigger college stage so he shouldn't be phased by the nfl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Chad had below average armstrength in 2002.
    Guys with below average arm strength dont get taken 18th overall. He arm was fine until he got hurt. Go back and look at the tape dude.

watch mcelroy go 2-0 with over a 100 qb rating these last 2 games. then that leaves with uncertainty for what to do over the offseason. get a qb or 2 or stick with mcelroy

Veteran
    G-Mac deserves this opportunity. Can't be worse than Suckchez.