Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohgee View Post
    Why didn't Rex take out Sanchez after 2 IT's, use Tebow for whatever, and they put in
    McElroy. Before he knew it, we were long gone.
    Well....duh...GMac was inactive..They should have madeTeblow inactive (forever) and then would have been able to bring in GMac and still be in the hunt.

Instead they put in Terrible Timmy for one series and after everyone saw the disaster he is...they had to keep Pickchez in no matter how many picks he threw

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Oh yes you can. They are one and the same. Accept the reality. Small kid, big heart, highschool arm.
    Don't want to harsh on your negative vibe, but there doesn't seem to be much of a comparison between them, at least as to their college careers.

McElroy completed 66.3% of his passes over four year to Bollinger's 53.7% and had a much better YPA and TD to INT ratio. Oh, and he won a national championship. And I seem to recall that he has lost only three games as a starter since the 8th grade. Brooks might have had guts but he had nothing like that pedigree.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    GM...not good enough to wear a uniform one game, starts the next.
    THIS

+ dressing only 2 QB's for a game with playoffs hopes still alive: 1 you don't trust, and another who's not a QB

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    McElroy completed 66.3% of his passes over four year to Bollinger's 53.7% and had a much better YPA and TD to INT ratio. Oh, and he won a national championship. And I seem to recall that he has lost only three games as a starter since the 8th grade. Brooks might have had guts but he had nothing like that pedigree.
    Without a doubt that's impressive...but it's not doing much for me knowing that he came out of one of the greatest football powerhouses in quite some time.

I mean, the guy had without a doubt the best defense in the nation every year he was a starter, had Trent Rich in his backfield, and Julio Jones on the outside...

Don't want to harsh on your negative vibe, but there doesn't seem to be much of a comparison between them, at least as to their college careers.

It's a bit of hyperbole. People think this kid is the next Brady and savior of our franchise. I'm just being more realistic. I don't think he has what it takes, similar to Brooks. Time will tell. I doubt we'll be impressed but I'll take anything that's better than 117 yards passing on less than 50% completions and 4 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Without a doubt that's impressive...but it's not doing much for me knowing that he came out of one of the greatest football powerhouses in quite some time.

I mean, the guy had without a doubt the best defense in the nation every year he was a starter, had Trent Rich in his backfield, and Julio Jones on the outside...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Well....duh...GMac was inactive..They should have madeTeblow inactive (forever) and then would have been able to bring in GMac and still be in the hunt.

Instead they put in Terrible Timmy for one series and after everyone saw the disaster he is...they had to keep Pickchez in no matter how many picks he threw

Since when did you decide to be objective? And why all the Sanchez hate? Also, aren't the things you're saying a major indictment on Rex, Sparano, etc, for refusing to dress McElroy and keeping the bum Tebow as the only backup they had on gamedays?

All Pro
    It's a bit of hyperbole. People think this kid is the next Brady and savior of our franchise. I'm just being more realistic. I don't think he has what it takes, similar to Brooks. Time will tell. I doubt we'll be impressed but I'll take anything that's better than 117 yards passing on less than 50% completions and 4 turnovers.

I'm not saying he's going to be the next Brady. I just wouldn't say that he's going to be the next Bollinger (with the amount of confidence you did) without seeing him start a couple of games. I think the accuracy is very important and tends to be overlooked when a guy doesn't have a gun for an arm. Forgive me for being optimistic.

I'm not saying he's going to be the next Brady. I just wouldn't say that he's going to be the next Bollinger (with the amount of confidence you did) without seeing him start a couple of games. I think the accuracy is very important and tends to be overlooked when a guy doesn't have a gun for an arm. Forgive me for being optimistic.
    It's really not that big of a deal, man.

Jets Insider VIP
    /end thread

I heard he was just like Brady except much smarter

Rookie
    This, a low TO rate, and good FBIQ make McE viable. Now let's see how it plays out. He no doubt will perform better than a shellshocked MS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    THIS

+ dressing only 2 QB's for a game with playoffs hopes still alive: 1 you don't trust, and another who's not a QB

/facepalm
    REX RYAN FOOTBALL!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    REX RYAN FOOTBALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    lol

All Pro
    Although it came way too late, I'm excited about the breath of fresh air. Nobody knows how McElroy will perform when the lights go on. I'm hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I heard he was just like Brady except much smarter
    Exactly - plus he's not gay!!!!

Come on, say it with me... McElroysanity!!!!

Hmmm, maybe that doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Although it came way too late, I'm excited about the breath of fresh air. Nobody knows how McElroy will perform when the lights go on. I'm hoping for the best.
    On the flip side you couldn't tell in the dark either..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

The broken record speaks:

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Since when did you decide to be objective? And why all the Sanchez hate? Also, aren't the things you're saying a major indictment on Rex, Sparano, etc, for refusing to dress McElroy and keeping the bum Tebow as the only backup they had on gamedays?
    Nah! The Broken Record was attacking TEBOW as a way to prevent us from saying anything negative about Suckchez. The Brokern Record has a "thing" for Suckchez.

Veteran
    Rex press conference just finshed. He actually said that the wildcard did have SOME sucess. Lol was he even watching the offense play this year? Unbelieveable!!