Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    This.
    As I said numerous times in various threads, Rex should have stuck with McElroy 3 weeks ago when he first made the switch and we'd be in line for a playoff spot right now. The unknown is we don't if the powers that be (Tanny & Woody Johnson) may have had a hand in that somehow.

At least we will get to see what McElroy has to offer these last 2 games, hey, who knows?

Maybe he can be the guy.....

One thing is for certain, Suckchez will be a much better cheerleader then a starting QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I know you might be baiting me WCO...and I don't mean this as in anyway flaunting the good nature of one of our finest.mods

BUT

Once upon a time in a little backwater Northeastern town in the year 2000...there was a late round third string QB from major college program who was inactive his entire first season behind the starter and the number 2 Michael Bishop.

In his second season he replaced Bishop as the backup and was on his way to once again languishing as a clipboard holder when lo and behold at the end of an early season game the starting QB was nearly broken in half by a legal hit from an opposing linebacker wearing number 57.

This former third stringer entered the game and I'm pretty sure has proved that not ALL third stringers are ALWAYS Brooks Bollinger

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Mostly a true story except Brady was the FOURTH stringer behind Bledsoe, Bishop and John Friesz in 2000. (You see, BB KNEW he possibly had something special, so he kept 4 QBS on the roster that year for fear if he put Brady on the PS someone would grab him.)

In 2001, Brady was made the #2.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Here's to Greg going 2-0!

Most excited I've been for a Jets game since 2008.
    Really hope this is sarcasm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    leave to an espn stupid talking head (as if there's any other kind) to add some stupidity to mcelroy being named starter.

this is a good move. whether or not sanchez is traded or given a chance to compete for the job or even handed the job it's clear that the jets need to know they can rely on mcelroy. if he works out, it could be the best things that's happened in a long time. as for tebow, it's really hard to start a guy who doesn't practice well. give tebow some credit for putting up with it all but even he has to be realistic about is ability.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    McElroy is expected to be the guy, but organization is concerned with potential fallout for passing over Tebow. Never a dull moment. #Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well glad it is abs and I like McElroy I think he is more of a leader than Sanchez ever could be and have said that many many times. Still it shows how much of a idiot Rex is tebow was never never ever ever given a chance

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Well I agree they should let him go. I'm not a fan of him as the Jets starter, but there's no denying he's a good kid and probably can be productive in the right environment. Let him move on if he wants.

That's the question though. Does he want to? He should have known what he was getting into. If there were better options, why didn't he choose one of 'em before? Maybe a team that's willing to use him somewhat regularly as a change of pace, wildcat guy is his best option.

But no one forced him here. He chose it. Can't feel too bad for the guy.
    He chose it because the Jets told him they would use him in the Wildcat package and be on the field 10-20 play a game. They told him he would be the backup QB. That means, if the starter is having one of the worst seasons an NFL QB has ever had in the history of the league, the backup would get a shot at starting.

They lied to him and all of us fans, bringing him in to sell jerseys and cause a buzz.

He chose the jets because Sanchez sucks, and he knew it was his best chance to play. He was right. Too bad the Jets are a bunch of car salesmen who are full of sh*t!

Like I said: F*ck this team. Good luck with all the defaulted PSLs next year Woody!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow won a bunch of games last year. you are telling me there was no possible way he could have streetballed his way to winning that game in the 2nd half yesterday?

If you watched denver at all last year, you cannot say that.

All the stops should have been pulled out last night to win that game. why werent they? thats the question.
    You keep saying Tebow doesn't turn the ball over. <==That's delusional.

In 11 starts last year he turned it over 12 times.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Really hope this is sarcasm.
    I misspoke. Most excited for a Jets HOME game since 2008.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I'm happy about with this move is that it will lead to Braylon getting more Targets from McElroy whom I'm sure is relieved to at least have a REAL WR the size of BE to throw to who more often than not(these days anyway), can catch the ball and make a play unlike the other JAGS.

I would've watched the game if Mark was still QB only to continue to see how Edwards does but this QB change added even more incentive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I misspoke. Most excited for a Jets HOME game since 2008.
    Really? More than 2009 week 17 vs Cincy? doubt it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GM...not good enough to wear a uniform one game, starts the next.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    McElroy is expected to be the guy, but organization is concerned with potential fallout for passing over Tebow. Never a dull moment. #Jets
    Only person who cares is a lonely individual in Bristol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Really? More than 2009 week 17 vs Cincy? doubt it
    Yes, really. Cincinnati was resting their starters. That was an easy W and knew it would be.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, really. Cincinnati was resting their starters. That was an easy W and knew it would be.
    Unless you believe in the SOJ mentality.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    you guys arent getting it. Im am not saying he is viable. I am saying Sanchez was done last night and tebow would have won that game.

When your season is on the line and your qb has thrown 4 picks, id put bollinger in there and pray for a miracle. I would do anything in my power to win that game and get to next week.

There was one bullet left in his holster and rex never used it.

Why?
    You're not getting it. The bullet was McElroy, not Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok

So you are looking more forward to a meaningless game between 2 terrible teams than a game that was putting the Jets into the playoffs.

That's cool. Enjoy Sunday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Headline should read:

Rex Ryan gives McElroy kiss of death by proclaiming he "gives us the best chance to win".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow's best role with this team would have been as a fullback. Unfortunately, I don't believe he's willing to embrace that role. If he did, I think he would stick with the New York Jets. At least right now, he's not a QB.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why didn't Rex take out Sanchez after 2 IT's, use Tebow for whatever, and they put in
    McElroy. Before he knew it, we were long gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ok

So you are looking more forward to a meaningless game between 2 terrible teams than a game that was putting the Jets into the playoffs.

That's cool. Enjoy Sunday.
    Thanks, I will. Feels good to have a QB I can believe in again.