Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 223

Thread: McElroy to Start

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    As @richmini reported, Rex has concerns about how it will be perceived if he completely passes over Tebow for McElroy.
    WHO THE F CARES. He SUCKS! Everyone knows it. Just find out what you have in McElroy and move on.

    This season can't end fast enough.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The fact that Rex didnt not pull sanchez last night proved to me that Rex would rather lose with mark then win with tebow.

    If tebow came in during the 3rd quarter, he would have cheesed out a victory. We all know this. Rex knew this.

    So why did rex choose to lose with mark, then save the season and win with tebow?

    Can anyone answer this?
    Dude, you are delusional.

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you didn't see the series that Tebow ran last night, huh?
    The series consisted of 5 plays. 2 went for 1st downs. The other he was under heavy durress and didnt get a chance to throw the ball.

    Lets not act like he was given a legit shot.

    Listen, I am not saying I want tebow in there. I am just wondering why rex didnt empty his bag trying to win that game. Even if you hate tebow, it was at the point last night where you were saying, what the hell. Let him play the whole 4th quarter. We have absolutely, positively nothing to lose.

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    I guess you didn't see the series that Tebow ran last night, huh?
    Yup, he looked like a guy playing pickup football. scrambling around like a chicken without a head.

  5. #65
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    If that was the case then Tebow would be starting right now... Obviously it's not.

    They simply wanted Tebow to do exactly what Brad Smith did. For whatever reason, a couple dopey fans and the entire media blew it up into some major thing.
    If that was the case, Tebow would have been listed as a FB or a WR not the 2nd string QB. When was Brad Smith ever the 2nd string QB? He was listed as a WR

  6. #66
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The fact that Rex didnt not pull sanchez last night proved to me that Rex would rather lose with mark then win with tebow.

    If tebow came in during the 3rd quarter, he would have cheesed out a victory. We all know this. Rex knew this.

    So why did rex choose to lose with mark, then save the season and win with tebow?

    Can anyone answer this?
    Because he thought Mark gave his team the best chance to win

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's funny. rex doesn't use tebow all year, even as the offense sputtered and needed a spark. now that he's benching sanchez, he's worried about how it will be perceived if he starts mcelroy.

    solution: cut tebow.

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't think people understand how bad the Cardinals are if they think McElroy can be our starter...

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    If that was the case, Tebow would have been listed as a FB or a WR not the 2nd string QB. When was Brad Smith ever the 2nd string QB? He was listed as a WR
    nobody else would care if they listed him as a fb. just another indication the whole tebow thing was a publicity stunt.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, you are delusional.
    Tebow won a bunch of games last year. you are telling me there was no possible way he could have streetballed his way to winning that game in the 2nd half yesterday?

    If you watched denver at all last year, you cannot say that.

    All the stops should have been pulled out last night to win that game. why werent they? thats the question.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    that's funny. rex doesn't use tebow all year, even as the offense sputtered and needed a spark. now that he's benching sanchez, he's worried about how it will be perceived if he starts mcelroy.

    solution: cut tebow.
    It'll save us some cash in doing so

  12. #72
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

    Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

    Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

    Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

    Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?
    All you do is defend Tebow. Are you a booster at UF or something?

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

    Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

    Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

    Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

    Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?
    I said the same thing last year when Tebow beat us in Denver: "Tebow is the perfect QB for a Rex Ryan team."

    I guess we were wrong. What an embarrassing season. F*ck this team.

  14. #74
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow won a bunch of games last year. you are telling me there was no possible way he could have streetballed his way to winning that game in the 2nd half yesterday?

    If you watched denver at all last year, you cannot say that.

    All the stops should have been pulled out last night to win that game. why werent they? thats the question.
    rex didn't say he wouldn't use tebow. he may use him in the same, very limited capacity he's used him all year.

    tebow is not considered a viable qb in the nfl. once you accept this reality, it all should make more sense.

  15. #75
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually quite ok with this as long as they trade him.

    I think the Tebow hate is quite ridiculous honestly. The same people who kept bringing up how Sanchez's rhythm was messed up, then turn around and judge Tebow based on 3 freaking plays a game.

    I don't see how anyone can actually judge anything when the guy didn't even get a chance to play half of a football game with this team. And when he DID start with another team he took them to the playoffs and won in the playoffs.

    It's like all logic is thrown out the window when it comes to any kind of objective evaluation of this guy.

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    that's funny. rex doesn't use tebow all year, even as the offense sputtered and needed a spark. now that he's benching sanchez, he's worried about how it will be perceived if he starts mcelroy.

    solution: cut tebow.
    The only spark the Jet O had all season is when GMac came in during the Cardinal game.. It seemed the line blocked better,the Backs ran better.. Oh yeah and we scored a TD..

  17. #77
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The series consisted of 5 plays. 2 went for 1st downs. The other he was under heavy durress and didnt get a chance to throw the ball.

    Lets not act like he was given a legit shot.

    Listen, I am not saying I want tebow in there. I am just wondering why rex didnt empty his bag trying to win that game. Even if you hate tebow, it was at the point last night where you were saying, what the hell. Let him play the whole 4th quarter. We have absolutely, positively nothing to lose.
    Sanchez lead the Jets on a scoring drive on their last possession of the 3rd quarter. The only time to put in Tebow was at the end of the game when we needed a QB to lead us back and Tebow couldn't throw this:

  18. #78
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Too little too late.
    Exactly, Rex tortured us throughout these last three games with Sanchez and ends up doing what we all wanted, anyway. Now, its too late for the possibility of a magical run, we would have all had something to be charged up about instead of the downer of these last 3 embarassing clunkers...F U Rex

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    So does that mean Teabow will be inactive.
    I'd make Sanchez inactive. McElroy starts and Tebow plays the wildcat a lot.

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    tebow is not considered a viable qb in the nfl. once you accept this reality, it all should make more sense.
    you guys arent getting it. Im am not saying he is viable. I am saying Sanchez was done last night and tebow would have won that game.

    When your season is on the line and your qb has thrown 4 picks, id put bollinger in there and pray for a miracle. I would do anything in my power to win that game and get to next week.

    There was one bullet left in his holster and rex never used it.

    Why?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us