Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    So does that mean Teabow will be inactive.
    let's hope so , I want Tebow off this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow should ask for his release today. Whether you like the guy or not, hes done everything he has been asked to do, and now they promote the 3rd string qb over him.

Obviously, Rex wants no part of tebow. So im wondering if there is a disconnect btwn tanny and Rex. Everyone assumes this was a woody call but maybe tanny did this on his own.
    "You can never have enough Tebow"

There's your answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

There's your answer.
    If that was the case then Tebow would be starting right now... Obviously it's not.

They simply wanted Tebow to do exactly what Brad Smith did. For whatever reason, a couple dopey fans and the entire media blew it up into some major thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that Rex didnt not pull sanchez last night proved to me that Rex would rather lose with mark then win with tebow.

If tebow came in during the 3rd quarter, he would have cheesed out a victory. We all know this. Rex knew this.

So why did rex choose to lose with mark, then save the season and win with tebow?

Can anyone answer this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

There's your answer.
    tebow was all the rage last year. but sometime between his playoff win and now, with luck, rg3, wilson and even tannyhill taking the league by storm, along with peyton's resurgence where tebow played, and with brady, rodgers, ryan, brees, big ben, schaub, romo and even other qbs putting up nice stats, and with eli's super bowl heroics, i guess tebow's scrambling act kinda took a back seat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect that McElroy will do very well in these last two games. He is very smart and an accurate short passer and that is how the Jets sytem is set up. I suspect that he will have a very good two games. Too bad it didn't happen two games ago.

And if he does well, I can just see the Jets setting up an "open competition" between Sanchez and McElroy in camp next year, which will finally push me over the deep end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow ran like a chicken with its head cut off... See what McElroy can do and give a idea if he can be someone to count on for next year...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that Rex didnt not pull sanchez last night proved to me that Rex would rather lose with mark then win with tebow.

If tebow came in during the 3rd quarter, he would have cheesed out a victory. We all know this. Rex knew this.

So why did rex choose to lose with mark, then save the season and win with tebow?

Can anyone answer this?
    Tebow is awful as is the rest of the crop of QB's we have.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone answer this?
    they gave sanchez enough rope to hang himself, so to speak. now they can get rid of him and they don't have to wonder. they can't keep benching him in games, with the possibility of starting him again, or having him enter training camp as the starter. money be damned, this is the end of sanchez's tenure in ny. the team will mutiny if he's back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    If that was the case then Tebow would be starting right now... Obviously it's not.

They simply wanted Tebow to do exactly what Brad Smith did. For whatever reason, a couple dopey fans and the entire media blew it up into some major thing.
    "You can never have enough Tebow" was Woody's quote.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone answer this?
    WRONG!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone answer this?
    Had Tebow did what Mac did against the Cards he may have stayed in.. Instead he looked lost out there..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I suspect that McElroy will do very well in these last two games. He is very smart and an accurate short passer and that is how the Jets sytem is set up. I suspect that he will have a very good two games. Too bad it didn't happen two games ago.

And if he does well, I can just see the Jets setting up an "open competition" between Sanchez and McElroy in camp next year, which will finally push me over the deep end.
    there were enough throws even last night where sanchez missed open guys. forget the long ones. just not throwing way over greene's head on a dump off, or throwing behind cumberland again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Had Tebow did what Mac did against the Cards he may have stayed in.. Instead he looked lost out there..
    said differently, tebow did last night what he does best, which is improvise and try to run.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone answer this?
    Because we had to throw the ball... Tebow can't throw. Occasionally Sanchez can. We've seen it over the years that he has moments.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone answer this?
    I guess you didn't see the series that Tebow ran last night, huh?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow should ask for his release today. Whether you like the guy or not, hes done everything he has been asked to do, and now they promote the 3rd string qb over him.

Obviously, Rex wants no part of tebow. So im wondering if there is a disconnect btwn tanny and Rex. Everyone assumes this was a woody call but maybe tanny did this on his own.
    LOL at you being Teblow's biggest apologist. The guy is flat out terrible and will never start for another team in the league again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL at you being Teblow's biggest apologist. The guy is flat out terrible and will never start for another team in the league again.
    seriously. all of 2 teams had interest in tebow in the offseason and the other team also has a miserable qb situation. it's not like teams are going to be lining up for his services.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone answer this?
    Save the season and win with Tebow? Are you serious?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Too little too late.
    Watch him go 23/32, 305 yards, 3 TD's 0 INT's and the Jets beat the Chargers 34-10.