Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: fair catch kerley.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386

    fair catch kerley.

    is anyone else sick and tired of seeing this guy fair catch 99% of the punts.

    whats the deal with this guy?

    i watch alot of football it seems we never return a punt for any yardage.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    Yes.

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    You think this pisses you off? Just wait until we bring Terry Bradway back as GM.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    The fumbles have definitely had an effect. He looks uncomfortable when he is catching punts. He clearly has ability but like with many current Jet players, I think his problem is between the ears.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    rex and the entire coaching staff need to be fired. this is fundamental football.

  6. #6
    Blame your coverage. Don't blame your kick returner.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,127
    Guys, it is based on the read he has. When they watch the all 22 film if he was making the wrong read, he would not be back there. One turnover is not worth taking it out 5 times for 8 yard gains.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    its all about field position regardless if its a kickoff return or a punt return. another area rex and the coaching staff failed to address this season.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    Well he's making the wrong reads then because he had plenty of room on more than one occasion. This team sucks. That's the reason he sucks as a punt returner. He fumbles the catch. Now all he is thinking about doing catching the ball.

  10. #10
    1. The member of the receiving team must raise one arm a full length above his head and wave it from side to side while kick is in flight. (Failure to give proper sign: receiversí ball five yards behind spot of signal.) Note: It is legal for the receiver to shield his eyes from the sun by raising one hand no higher than the helmet.

    2. No opponent may interfere with the fair catcher, the ball, or his path to the ball. Penalty: 15 yards from spot of foul and fair catch is awarded.

    3. A player who signals for a fair catch is not required to catch the ball. However, if a player signals for a fair catch, he may not block or initiate contact with any player on the kicking team until the ball touches a player. Penalty: snap 15 yards.

    4. If ball hits ground or is touched by member of kicking team in flight, fair catch signal is off and all rules for a kicked ball apply.

    5. Any undue advance by a fair catch receiver is delay of game. No specific distance is specified for undue advance as ball is dead at spot of catch. If player comes to a reasonable stop, no penalty. For penalty, five yards.

    6. If time expires while ball is in play and a fair catch is awarded, receiving team may choose to extend the period with one fair catch kick down. However, placekicker may not use tee.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    1. The member of the receiving team must raise one arm a full length above his head and wave it from side to side while kick is in flight. (Failure to give proper sign: receiversí ball five yards behind spot of signal.) Note: It is legal for the receiver to shield his eyes from the sun by raising one hand no higher than the helmet.

    2. No opponent may interfere with the fair catcher, the ball, or his path to the ball. Penalty: 15 yards from spot of foul and fair catch is awarded.

    3. A player who signals for a fair catch is not required to catch the ball. However, if a player signals for a fair catch, he may not block or initiate contact with any player on the kicking team until the ball touches a player. Penalty: snap 15 yards.

    4. If ball hits ground or is touched by member of kicking team in flight, fair catch signal is off and all rules for a kicked ball apply.

    5. Any undue advance by a fair catch receiver is delay of game. No specific distance is specified for undue advance as ball is dead at spot of catch. If player comes to a reasonable stop, no penalty. For penalty, five yards.

    6. If time expires while ball is in play and a fair catch is awarded, receiving team may choose to extend the period with one fair catch kick down. However, placekicker may not use tee.
    7.Kerley sucks as a punt returner.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Well he's making the wrong reads then because he had plenty of room on more than one occasion. This team sucks. That's the reason he sucks as a punt returner. He fumbles the catch. Now all he is thinking about doing catching the ball.
    Plenty of room based on what? The sideline angle on your 42" TV?

    We're not coaches nor can we see downfield at what Kerley sees.

  13. #13
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    6
    I was wondering that myself, every time he had room to run he called a fair catch, but when he didn't he got about two yards.

    Odd.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Plenty of room based on what? The sideline angle on your 42" TV?

    We're not coaches nor can we see downfield at what Kerley sees.
    kerley is garbage as a punt returner. hes a mediocre wr at best so far.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The fumbles have definitely had an effect. He looks uncomfortable when he is catching punts. He clearly has ability but like with many current Jet players, I think his problem is between the ears.
    Speaking of fumbles, you folks notice McKnight mishandled another one last night? Time for a major overhaul at RB and P/KR.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Speaking of fumbles, you folks notice McKnight mishandled another one last night? Time for a major overhaul at RB and P/KR.
    so how is sanchez still on this team hes a fumble + interception machine.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    7.Kerley sucks as a punt returner.
    However other then Kerley the last Jet that had a punt return for a TD was Moss..

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Plenty of room based on what? The sideline angle on your 42" TV?

    We're not coaches nor can we see downfield at what Kerley sees.
    This has to be the dumbest thing I've read on here. Is this a joke?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This has to be the dumbest thing I've read on here. Is this a joke?
    no I'm asking you a question. For all the talk of "fundamental football" on here, I'd love to see the first thing you guys know about coaching a special teams unit.

    Or have we just run out of topics to b*tch about, so now we're talking about fair catches?

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The fumbles have definitely had an effect. He looks uncomfortable when he is catching punts. He clearly has ability but like with many current Jet players, I think his problem is between the ears.
    Really not much else to it. He's not going to take any more chances are two game-killing fumbles...time to get a new guy back there in '13.

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Speaking of fumbles, you folks notice McKnight mishandled another one last night? Time for a major overhaul at RB and P/KR.
    Had the Jets not scored on that possession, that fumble would have gotten the press it deserved. His ratio of touches to fumbles (lost or recovered) has to be one of the worst in the league over his career.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us