Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: My last game as a season ticket holder for 25 years!

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    My last game as a season ticket holder for 25 years!

    Sunday will be my last game as a season ticket holder. I will still go to the final game to see my JETS loss 35-17. Great run but I am done with everything this team and organization has done. From the way the new stadium sucks, team letting the ground and pound theme go away and Tannabaum. Next year I will pick the 2 or 3 games to possibly go to. In the 10 yrs at my job of 50 guys, we had 8 with season tickets. I am the last one this year! Peace!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    I WISH I had not gotten myself tied up with PSL's. I am looking to get rid of them myself.

    Smart decision my man.

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a recovering season ticket holder I can tell you the water is fine. Don't regret giving them up for a second....

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    im so glad the agency i dealt with in my psl trade gave me a written contractual agreement that allows me to sellout for an additional $12.5 prior to next season. my total $30,500 back from an original investment of $60k.

    the $29,500 loss hurts but its been recouped 3x over already with a little bit of hard work.

    im a jets fan till the end but this organization doesnt deserve longtime dedicated season ticket holders anyway.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    The measure of a season ticket holder isn't what happens during the good seasons; it's what happens during the bad.

    SAR I

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    660
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand completely.

    I felt so turned off by the Jets this season it's really shaken my faith as a fan of the team. Everything about this season was insulting. I actually found myself finding more enjoyment in other teams for the first time since I started watching football in the 90's. I was liking seeing the Browns try to battle their way up from the basement. I liked watching all the new rookie quarterbacks in the league. I really enjoyed watching the Seahawks play lights out defense at home. This is blasphemy but I even found myself secretly rooting for Tom Brady when he was launching that unbelievable comeback against the 49'ers.

    I just hated the Jets this year after like week 7 or week 8 or whenever it was that Ryan started revealing his bizarre love affair with a horrible quarterback. I wanted to see Tebow given a shot to give us some hope a long, long time ago, and Rex just gave us the finger.

    Towards the end I was rooting for them more out of tradition than an actual love for the team. After last night I actually hate this team.

    That's why I want a total house cleaning. I can handle sucking and even dropping a spot in our division if it's done in a way where we're seeing progress and know we'll come out of it with a better product.

    What we have now is just self inflicted misery.

    I've never been a bandwagon fan, ever, but if these same asshats are here next year I'm going to just allow myself to gravitate to whatever team just naturally gives me the most pleasure to watch and root for.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The measure of a season ticket holder isn't what happens during the good seasons; it's what happens during the bad.

    SAR I
    investment gold you keep telling yourself that.

    id rather cherry pick and come and go as i please and not be forced to sit at the stadium and watch what just transpired during the 2012 season.

    woody says bend over and squeal and many oblige. woody thanks you.

  8. #8
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best move I ever made not going for the psls. They are terrible now anyways. That became a great decision!

  9. #9
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't argue the fact that you guys are disgusted and done with the season tickets.....I'm pretty disgusted myself but my grandfather and father were season ticket holders and now it's me and my father. I just couldn't see my father not passing his seat down to my son. I don't know....the Jets are kind of in the family and mean a little more than just a football team.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Can't argue the fact that you guys are disgusted and done with the season tickets.....I'm pretty disgusted myself but my grandfather and father were season ticket holders and now it's me and my father. I just couldn't see my father not passing his seat down to my son. I don't know....the Jets are kind of in the family and mean a little more than just a football team.
    funny thing you can pick your friends but not your family.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The measure of a season ticket holder isn't what happens during the good seasons; it's what happens during the bad.

    SAR I
    bad seasons??? When PITT or GB have bad seasons you stick it out.

    THIS is a farce.


    Look at the 2 teams involved in the Favre deal.
    One is managed well and the other isnt. I do not blame these guys one bit.
    send Woody a message .

    He is now a laughing stock amongst owners.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    funny thing you can pick your friends but not your family.
    You can also pick your nose, too.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

    He is now a laughing stock amongst owners.

    The team is one of the most valuable franchises in The NFL

    I'm sure most owners aren't laughing, rather they're envious

  14. #14
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up going to games, we have a great group of guys both young and old that we tailgate with and it's just become a way of life on an autumn sunday. I know us as fans are going through rough times now but hopefully one day it'll get better.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You can also pick your nose, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QR5LHFk6Do

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    bad seasons??? When PITT or GB have bad seasons you stick it out.

    THIS is a farce.

    Look at the 2 teams involved in the Favre deal.
    One is managed well and the other isnt. I do not blame these guys one bit.
    send Woody a message .

    He is now a laughing stock amongst owners.
    With a healthy quarterback, the Jets have been averaging 10 wins per season since 1997. That's 15 seasons where we go in thinking we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. That's one of the longest runs in our franchise's history.

    We had 2 shots at the Super Bowl and blew them both, Rex Ryan having his team and his oh-so special defense unprepared for onslaught both times. Since then, it's been the slow fade. Happens to all teams that get close and can't break through.

    I'm not satisfied with the last 15 years, but that doesn't mean I'm not prepared to have 2 or 3 bad ones before we rise again. It's a 30 year commitment. We're in Year 3.

    SAR I

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to Sunday..

    Tailgate

    McElroy starting

    But everybody should do what makes them happy.

    Some are happy watching NFL games live in good seats

    Some are happy with their. HDTV

    Some are apparently even happy losing the value of a new car dealing with some ticket broker.

    Takes all kinds and we should all do what makes us happy

    Its only entertainment after all

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    With a healthy quarterback, the Jets have been averaging 10 wins per season since 1997. That's 15 seasons where we go in thinking we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. That's one of the longest runs in our franchise's history.

    We had 2 shots at the Super Bowl and blew them both, Rex Ryan having his team and his oh-so special defense unprepared for onslaught both times. Since then, it's been the slow fade. Happens to all teams that get close and can't break through.

    I'm not satisfied with the last 15 years, but that doesn't mean I'm not prepared to have 2 or 3 bad ones before we rise again. It's a 30 year commitment. We're in Year 3.

    SAR I
    almost doesnt count only in horse shoes and hand gernades.

    43 years and counting...........................

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    The team is one of the most valuable franchises in The NFL

    I'm sure most owners aren't laughing, rather they're envious

    I haven't heard one word of respect spoken about him. maybe It is valuable, but no where NEAR what it could be if we were a consistent winner.

    we will, once again, become the team no one wants to play for unless he gets his shlt together.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Some are apparently even happy losing the value of a new car dealing with some ticket broker.
    i dont drive a hyundai or a kia so guess again.

    and as mentioned already recouped the loss x3.

    i hope woody gives you something nice for fan appreciation day.

    enjoy the game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us