Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My last game as a season ticket holder for 25 years!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Golfball 331 View Post
    Sunday will be my last game as a season ticket holder. I will still go to the final game to see my JETS loss 35-17. Great run but I am done with everything this team and organization has done. From the way the new stadium sucks, team letting the ground and pound theme go away and Tannabaum. Next year I will pick the 2 or 3 games to possibly go to. In the 10 yrs at my job of 50 guys, we had 8 with season tickets. I am the last one this year! Peace!
    I hear you brother.

Quick question though.

You joined a couple of years ago and that was your first post.

Is anger your motivator?

-

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I haven't heard one word of respect spoken about him. maybe It is valuable, but no where NEAR what it could be if we were a consistent winner.

we will, once again, become the team no one wants to play for unless he gets his shlt together.

Turn off ESPN dude....It's a Pats station

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Can't argue the fact that you guys are disgusted and done with the season tickets.....I'm pretty disgusted myself but my grandfather and father were season ticket holders and now it's me and my father. I just couldn't see my father not passing his seat down to my son. I don't know....the Jets are kind of in the family and mean a little more than just a football team.
    Yeah. I still watch the games with my dad. It's in our blood. But now it's in my loaded man cave with 70 inch plasma. We were never tailgaters. This is better for us. No farters. no one stands up in front of us. My car won't get scratched in the lot. Ironically, it's exactly what SAR seeks in a gameday experience.

Had season tickets for several years before I decided to give them up. So I never had to put up with the PSL shenanigans and this new stadium.

Also found out...that football enjoyment was still possible, without being a season ticket holder.

Woody better wise up. The product on that football field does matter. He better allow the next GM full powers to operate this Jets team. And not interfere with the new GM's vision, and his program, to bring about a Super Bowl victory for the NYJ.

No more impulsive ideas by Woody or the HC-Rex, to make a splash with a Favre or Tebow acquisition. For it results in nothing more then a derailment to the Supe. Let the new GM succeed or fail, based on his ideas and experience, on what he believes is the best road to a Lombardi Trophy.

Woody...you're a businessman...A GM should be a football man. Know the difference. Or watch your PSL's turn into nothing more then a failed penny stock venture.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    bad seasons??? When PITT or GB have bad seasons you stick it out.

THIS is a farce.

Look at the 2 teams involved in the Favre deal.
    One is managed well and the other isnt. I do not blame these guys one bit.
    send Woody a message .

He is now a laughing stock amongst owners.
    This is the second time since Woody owned the Jets that they missed the playoffs 2 consecutive years.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 12-18-2012 at 11:37 PM.

All Pro
    So you'll be back in 2037?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    This is the first time since Woody owned the Jets that they missed the playoffs 2 consecutive years.
    The 2007 and '08 teams didn't make the playoffs. And right after the 2008 season ended...Woody fired Mangini.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    The 2007 and '08 teams didn't make the playoffs. And right after the 2008 season ended...Woody fired Mangini.
    You're correct, I meant this was only the second time. My bad.

Got rid of the family tickets when they brought in Tebow. Couldnt be happier not having them.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The good news for STH in 2013 is that the resale opportunity won't be as bad as this season. Definitely will have fewer prime time games and Pittsburgh and New Orleans will come to town. Sell those and NE and you can break even.

The other home games will be Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland, Tampa and a crappy AFC West team (either KC, Oak or SD).

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Yeah. I still watch the games with my dad. It's in our blood. But now it's in my loaded man cave with 70 inch plasma. We were never tailgaters. This is better for us. No farters. no one stands up in front of us. My car won't get scratched in the lot. Ironically, it's exactly what SAR seeks in a gameday experience.
    Plasma? LOL.

Time for an upgrade.

SAR I

Going Sunday to see what we have at QB. Funny how we have yet another thread of the have and have nots ticket wise. For those going, its our last Time for 9 months... Sucks, but should be a good football day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Going Sunday to see what we have at QB. Funny how we have yet another thread of the have and have nots ticket wise. For those going, its our last Time for 9 months... Sucks, but should be a good football day.
    Should be a good one

No rain projected

Hopefully a great tailgate under the flags

And GMac finally where he should have been since Zona. ...starting at QB

Should be a fun day

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    The team is one of the most valuable franchises in The NFL

I'm sure most owners aren't laughing, rather they're envious
    You are clueless.

The entire Jets organization is the laughingstock of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You are clueless.

The entire Jets organization is the laughingstock of the NFL.
    I know you are shielded by a fake name, but how do you sleep at night knowing you've made over 50k posts on an opposing team's board? even if nobody knows, that got to be embarrasing for you, right?

Getting to see McElroy's first start on Sunday will definitely be a good time, that and the fact that this will be the last time I'll see some of my friends until July/August, keep me going. However, I've recently put up my PSL's on StadiumPSL.com and I'm asking for the least amount in my section that I could. Hopefully there's a bite. At this point I'm just looking to find someone who will pay off what's left and the tickets are there's. Not much seeing as seats are two seats in 104 ($5,000 for two seats) and I've paid I think roughly half of that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Could be worse..

We could be in a nursing home in a rat hole like Texas obsessively trolling an opponent team message board more than 50000 times.

That would be the true definition of the term "laughing stock"

Don't sweat giving up season tickets. I gave mine up as IMO the PSL was a suckers bet. Went to a few games at the giant air conditioner, said to myself this place sucks, and started staying home. Cablevision finally started offering Red Zone and now I think this is the only way to spend an NFL Sunday. I am totally hooked.

I have UD seats so no worries about PSL's. I have been through worse times then this, at least this team has some talent on the DL and secondary. I will take it year by year, unless they hire Nick Saban or something like that, I am back for year 34. Sucks losing good fans but I get it. F U WOODY

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Could be worse..

We could be in a nursing home in a rat hole like Texas obsessively trolling an opponent team message board more than 50000 times.

That would be the true definition of the term "laughing stock"
    Hey SpunkGoo, where are you and RahRah watching the playoffs this year?