Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain the decline of Sanchez?

Can someone please explain the decline of Sanchez?

How does a QB go from taking the team to the playoffs to looking completely lost and making mistakes that even rookies wouldn't make ? Is the curse still with this team ?

He didn't take us to the play offs. Our defense did.

The explanation is this:

1. He came into the league and he sucked.

2. He doesn't care or have any passion for winning.

3. As a result of point #2, continued to suck even more.

Looking forward to the day I never even have to hear the name Sanchez mentioned ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

The explanation is this:

Looking forward to the day I never even have to hear the name Sanchez mentioned ever again.
    I agree for the most part. However his turnovers got way out of hand the last few years. If he could have cut them in half, he would have never had to be great. Just dont lose games

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I agree for the most part. However his turnovers got way out of hand the last few years. If he could have cut them in half, he would have never had to be great. Just dont lose games
    Jets made back to back championship games and lost both. The team realized that in order to get to the next level their QB had to carry more of the load. As they asked the QB to do more he shat the bed.

He sucked then, he just sucks more now.

All League

The explanation is this:

1000% accurate.

he was very good for the first 10 or so games of 2010. it's not fair to say he has always sucked.

Extremely raw talent handed over to clueless idiots to "mold" him into an NFL QB...

Offensive skill positions changed over every year with diminishing talent

Dumb OC replaced with Dumber OC

HC who doesn't know or care anything about offense

Running game declines every year

Absolutely no WR talent or TE talent this year

QB absolutely loses all confidence due to circumstances above, or maybe never had the talent to be good anyway. No one really knows with any degree of certainty, but taken into account all the problems above sure aren't conducive to grooming a young raw QB with limited college experience....

All Pro
    His overall level of play has definitely regressed, but this is a normal phenomenon for quarterbacks in the NFL.

The fact is he was never all that good. He had a few good performances at opportune times that inflated his status among many Jets fans. He made a few key signature plays while riding on the coattails of an elite running game and defense, but overall, his career has been mired by inconsistency, inaccuracy, poor ball security, and a general lack of awareness since the very beginning.

The color card thing really destroyed his confidence and that was the beginning of the end.

Rookie

The explanation is this:

I guess you must know him personally or spend alot of time at the Jets training facility to make such a statement and pawn it off as fact.

say what you want about the guy skill-wise, there's plenty to be said. but saying he doesn't care about winning is pure speculative, subjective BS.

edit- ^^What Led Halen said.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    I guess you must know him personally or spend alot of time at the Jets training facility to make such a statement and pawn it off as fact.
    It is fact. You seriously think Mark Sanchez has a fire in his belly for the game of football? You know what that looks like?

Ray Lewis has a passion for football. That's what a fire in the belly looks like.
    Tom Brady has a passion for football. That's what a fire in the belly looks like.

If Mark Sanchez was a senator he would vote "Present." That's the kinda' dude Mark Sanchez is. The man is collecting pay checks. He doesn't want to put in the work.

Maybe he did have "raw talent." I definitely won't say that because I didn't see anything unique out of him that I haven't at one time, for one play, seen out of any other run-of-the-mill NFL quarterback, but "raw talent" without work ethic means jack ****.

Mark Sanchez is a loser in the NFL because he didn't have the heart or the discipline or the passion to be a winner, and if you're not a winner, you're a loser.

A loser like Mark Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    say what you want about the guy skill-wise, there's plenty to be said. but saying he doesn't care about winning is pure speculative, subjective BS.

edit- ^^What Led Halen said.
    I keep thinking about the hot dog incident and his attitude......

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Extremely raw talent handed over to clueless idiots to "mold" him into an NFL QB...

QB absolutely loses all confidence due to circumstances above, or maybe never had the talent to be good anyway. No one really knows with any degree of certainty, but taken into account all the problems above sure aren't conducive to grooming a young raw QB with limited college experience....
    While some of the above may be true, 2 traits Mark has never shown are accuracy in passing and leadership, which happen to be the 2 most important qualities to possess for a QB. That's basically it in a nutshell.

I still say this all stems from that Ravens game last year where he got hammered all night.Those were vicious shots he took all night.To me he hasn't been the same since.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    How does a QB go from taking the team to the playoffs to looking completely lost and making mistakes that even rookies wouldn't make ? Is the curse still with this team ?
    He has no weapons and an inept offensive coordinator.

I could type another thousand words, but that pretty much sums it up.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post

+1

The Jets ruined this kid.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    perhaps....but he has

NO HEART
    NO COMPETITIVE SPIRIT
    NO TRUE WORK ETHIC

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    This plus the fact that the jets have done zero for this kids confidence. It's sad to see this decline.

He started double-thinking his decisions, because he realized how fragile it all is.

His first two seasons, he didn't know enough to be afraid. Now he's got that 3/4 of a second delay, that telegraphs what he's doing and takes the killer instinct out. That's why the Tebow rotation in is so bad for him too, because he loses that confidence every time it happens.

Now, a pro football player should be able to rotate in and out - but the difference between a QB and any other player on the field is that the QB must be decisive, confident, and fearless on EVERY play or he's screwed.

Mark lost his confidence. And his play suffered because of it. (not that it was so amazing before...)