Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain the decline of Sanchez?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    perhaps....but he has

NO HEART
    NO COMPETITIVE SPIRIT
    NO TRUE WORK ETHIC
    He's a coaches kid. He's the first one in the building, the last to leave.

Say what you want about his stats and his performance, I don't think anybody's questioning him as a person.

SAR I

Coaching
    Development
    Head case
    Still a child and can't handle the NFL

Undrafted Free Agent
    Has anyone brought up the idea that coach Tom Moore ,who was sanchez mentor last year and sat in all team meetings, was on the other side of the bench last night.Did he have some ideas of our tendencies especially how their corner and safeties were rolling opver the top for easy interceptions?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It is fact. You seriously think Mark Sanchez has a fire in his belly for the game of football? You know what that looks like?

Ray Lewis has a passion for football. That's what a fire in the belly looks like.
    Tom Brady has a passion for football. That's what a fire in the belly looks like.

If Mark Sanchez was a senator he would vote "Present." That's the kinda' dude Mark Sanchez is. The man is collecting pay checks. He doesn't want to put in the work.

Maybe he did have "raw talent." I definitely won't say that because I didn't see anything unique out of him that I haven't at one time, for one play, seen out of any other run-of-the-mill NFL quarterback, but "raw talent" without work ethic means jack ****.

Mark Sanchez is a loser in the NFL because he didn't have the heart or the discipline or the passion to be a winner, and if you're not a winner, you're a loser.

A loser like Mark Sanchez.
    Look, I'm not trying to convince you of anything or change your mind (seems pretty obvious that you're not the type to really consider other opinions other than your own).

And by no means am I trying to sell anyone on Sanchez remaining our starter. It's time to see what Mac has and really it's time to press the reset button on Sanchez if they want him to remain on the team and contribute.

Say what you want about his turnovers, but turnovers and carelessness with the football does not mean he lacks passion to be a winner. Just because he doesn't get into people's faces like Brady and and Ray Lewis does not mean he lacks passion. Passion can be shown in other ways besides screaming at your teammates. And what authority or proof do you have that he lacks work ethic? Again, turnovers do not equal being unprepared. He did organize the Jets West camps....seemed like he displayed work ethic and passion for winning during those sessions.

Again, I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, I'm simply saying that making things up and pawning off opinions as fact simply to fit your agenda is irresponsible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Extremely raw talent handed over to clueless idiots to "mold" him into an NFL QB...

Offensive skill positions changed over every year with diminishing talent

Dumb OC replaced with Dumber OC

HC who doesn't know or care anything about offense

Running game declines every year

Absolutely no WR talent or TE talent this year

QB absolutely loses all confidence due to circumstances above, or maybe never had the talent to be good anyway. No one really knows with any degree of certainty, but taken into account all the problems above sure aren't conducive to grooming a young raw QB with limited college experience....
    EXCUSES! Its all bs too. How many raw QBs go to two Championship games? He had talent those years obviously and still could not get us to the SB. If he was able to be accurate his receivers could have caught many more passes from him. To blame the receivers for his inaccurate passing plain sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's a coaches kid. He's the first one in the building, the last to leave.

Say what you want about his stats and his performance, I don't think anybody's questioning him as a person.

SAR I
    Its a cruel , cold world. Its all about winning and doing what it takes to win a championship. Sanchez did not or could not do it . Spending time in a building means zilch unless its productive time well spent! For all the alleged time he spends looking at film, does anyone know if the film was about football or what ? Just sayin....

Buttchese did not fit Wreck's system

Wrecks believes that it is his system and strategy that wins games and not playmakers. Mark thought he was a playmaker when he is not. Mark believed the media, the photo shoots that he was the anointed QB that was going to deliver us another SB ala Joe Namath. Rex wanted someone who could pass off the ball to his ground and pound RBs and throw the occasional pass when needed. No matter what Rex pounded into Mark's head, Mark thought he could pass like an elite QB and fumble unfortunately as his natural inclination as a "*****". Mark's delusion and his nature proved stronger. Also Mark does not have brains to read defenses nor the guts to lead his team like an elite QB. Funny ironic thing from all of this. McElroy will prove more to be the game manager that Rex's strategy demands even though Greg's remarks last season put him in Rex's dog house. Maybe Alex Smith could do better but face it, no quality FA is going to work for the armpit of the NFL, no one with any professional pride would.
    Last edited by Stillafan; 12-18-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

The Jets ruined this kid.

SAR I
    They gave him the guy that groomed Brees (Schotty)

They got him a great WR with an in season trade (Edwards)

They gave him his binky (Brunell)

Gave him a sure fire HOF RB with some tread on the tires (LT)

Gave him a SB MVP to throw the ball too (Tone)

Then they asked the kid to take the next step, and lead the team.

Couldn't do it

It is fact. You seriously think Mark Sanchez has a fire in his belly for the game of football? You know what that looks like?

Ray Lewis has a passion for football. That's what a fire in the belly looks like.
    Tom Brady has a passion for football. That's what a fire in the belly looks like.

If Mark Sanchez was a senator he would vote "Present." That's the kinda' dude Mark Sanchez is. The man is collecting pay checks. He doesn't want to put in the work.

Maybe he did have "raw talent." I definitely won't say that because I didn't see anything unique out of him that I haven't at one time, for one play, seen out of any other run-of-the-mill NFL quarterback, but "raw talent" without work ethic means jack ****.

Mark Sanchez is a loser in the NFL because he didn't have the heart or the discipline or the passion to be a winner, and if you're not a winner, you're a loser.

A loser like Mark Sanchez.
    Just because Sanchez doesn't show the same firey personality that Ray Lewis and Tom Brady show doesn't mean he doesn't care, it's not his personality. Just like it's not Eli and Peyton Mannings personality.

Sorry but your wrong. That's actually the one thing people have complimented Sanchez, was his dedication to the game.

As far as regressing, idk what happened. He showed so much potential, its probably a combination of things.

I believe the Jets have a huge part in ruining this kid. He played very well in those tough playoff games and was not the reason we ever lost. That being said he does not come of as a mentally tough guy. What cant be disputed is he is physically tough. He got hammered the past two years and limping or whatever he always tried to get and run the team. I cant fault him for that and I actually appreciate that about him big time.

Well, hell....
    LET'S START HIM NEXT SEASON THAN, BRO!

Well, hell....
    LET'S START HIM NEXT SEASON THAN, BRO!
    That still might happen but everything around him. Rex and offense would have to be gone for him every to succeed. None of this is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    That still might happen but everything around him. Rex and offense would have to be gone for him every to succeed. None of this is likely.
    If Sanchez is playing for the Jets next season I burn all my Jets gear and find a new team. Not going to sit here and let Woody pelt my face with eggs for years and take it with a smile and a false sense of optimism for "team pride"

I hate Sanchez. I won't cheer for him. I won't support a team he's starting for. I'm not going to go through this again. The ass fumble was what I thought a new and final low but last night was new territory.

If Sanchez starts I become a Packer fan and bask in the sun. You guys can stay here and tweet death threats after he ruins another season for you.

If Sanchez is playing for the Jets next season I burn all my Jets gear and find a new team. Not going to sit here and let Woody pelt my face with eggs for years and take it with a smile and a false sense of optimism for "team pride"

I hate Sanchez. I won't cheer for him. I won't support a team he's starting for. I'm not going to go through this again. The ass fumble was what I thought a new and final low but last night was new territory.

If Sanchez starts I become a Packer fan and bask in the sun. You guys can stay here and tweet death threats after he ruins another season for you.
    Well then you might as well start getting ready. I hate Holmes because he is a prick but I cant kick him off my team because I dont actually own it.
    I dont hate Sanchez at all. He is trying his best but its just not good enough at all right now. Thing is who exactly is going to beat him out? What options do we have? People around here are talking about Alex Smith as if he is any better then Sanchez. Fact remains you throw Smith in the game with a bunch of WR Scrubs and crappy Rb and Tebow coming in every once in a while and he would look pretty much like Sanchez. We have some tough sledding ahead of us.

All reports suggest Sanchez worked very hard at improving watching miles of film and tried to be a leader in the off season. Remember his Jets west camp ? But he regressed on the field over the last two years which is the bottom line.

As to why he got worse, I'd say the Jets didn't provide as much support as they should have. Over the years the team had constantly changing (mostly bad) receivers, a declining OL & running game, Schottenheimer's poor play calling and a head coach who thought the offense was an afterthought. All that didn't help. But as a 4th year player it's on Sanchez to step up and he just didn't. End of story.

Maybe he just wasn't that good to begin with and the great OL, running game and Defense in 2009 / 2010 just covered up for him ?

In any case his confidence is shot a la David Carr. Sanchez will be nothing but a backup from now on and likely out of the league in a few years. Good thing he made huge bank when he did. His career is essentially over.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I still say this all stems from that Ravens game last year where he got hammered all night.Those were vicious shots he took all night.To me he hasn't been the same since.
    I agree. That shellshocked him. I think that was the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    All reports suggest Sanchez worked very hard at improving watching miles of film and tried to be a leader in the off season. Remember his Jets west camp ? But he regressed on the field over the last two years which is the bottom line.

As to why he got worse, I'd say the Jets didn't provide as much support as they should have. Over the years the team had constantly changing (mostly bad) receivers, a declining OL & running game, Schottenheimer's poor play calling and a head coach who thought the offense was an afterthought. All that didn't help. But as a 4th year player it's on Sanchez to step up and he just didn't. End of story.

Maybe he just wasn't that good to begin with and the great OL, running game and Defense in 2009 / 2010 just covered up for him ?

In any case his confidence is shot a la David Carr. Sanchez will be nothing but a backup from now on and likely out of the league in a few years. Good thing he made huge bank when he did. His career is essentially over.
    I mostly agree with you but I do think a change of scenario would be a big time help for him. Not saying it would be the cure all but it would help.

yes that is a interesting question.. There is no doubt the safeties knew how to pick mark.. i dont think it was a secret only tom moore knew though.. 4 years of tape on marky, he cant read defenses.. And tony sparano lol.. guy is a good run oc, but has no clue about passing game..Did you hear Gruden say " Everytime I watch the Jets I see Sparano, Sanchez and tebow huddled on the sidelines, they always look like their trying to figure out a tough calculus problem" lol.. he should have told mark after pick 3, safeties are reading your eyes.. maybe he did.. Mark just doesnt have ability to learn..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    They gave him the guy that groomed Brees (Schotty)
    GAG!!!!!! he had as much to do with ruining Sanchez as anything or anyone. You just lost all credibility with the rest of your 'points'.