Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Can someone please explain the decline of Sanchez?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Playmakers Mark had his first two/three seasons:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me 1 player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. You can't. We have the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to.

SAR I
    I've already said that this isn't a good supporting cast.

But that still doesn't excuse Sanchez throwing the ball 5 feet over their heads, chucking it into triple coverage off his back foot, flatout not seeing wide open receivers, or running around like a chicken with his head cut off anytime that the slightest bit of pressure is applied.

He looks totally f*cking clueless, despite a subpar supporting cast.

The kid is finished. Period.

It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to.
    It's also hard to stare down your receiver in triple coverage 25 yds downfield and not get intercepted when you throw it to him.

And that turnover was inside 2:00 left in the game to potentially go ahead ... and he still wasn't finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He looks totally f*cking clueless, despite a subpar supporting cast.
    The Jets aren't team enough to bail Sanchez out. A good QB would have secured post-season with this team. I'm positive of that. I also think either McElroy or Tebow could have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    The Jets aren't team enough to bail Sanchez out. A good QB would have secured post-season with this team. I'm positive of that. I also think either McElroy or Tebow could have.
    No doubt. We were only asking him to beat Tennessee. I'd do cartwheels if someone took him off our hands. Thread title is also puzzling. He was always bad.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 12-20-2012 at 12:16 AM.

We've heard Hall of Fame QB's turned analysts say even recently that Sanchez has talent. Always did. He's very athletic and can make all the throws (they say). I've heard team members say he works very hard and is eager to try to get better.

What he is perhaps the worst QB in the league at is "stopping the bleeding" when things go south as they often do in this league even with elite teams led by elite QB's. He has no ability to stem the tide when the Jets stagnate on all sides of the ball. It happens to every team at times, but Sanchez turns those tough moments into an invitation to wreck any chance to give his team hope that they can come back from adversity.

In the last two years he has shown no ability to move the chains just a few times to give his defense a breather; no ability to get those extra ten yards to give his kicker a chance to put up three points when something positive is desperately needed. He panics and throws picks and fumbles when the reality is that merely playing mistake free often leads to comebacks later in the game or at least giving his players a chance - a nice punt return, a strip-sack, a pick six or at least a turnover that gets his team back in the game.

With him it seems purely mental. He can't do these things. At least not here in New York under this scrutiny, this year or last.

I don't think I've ever seen a more demoralizing performance by a QB in a game that the Jets had to have and could very easily should have won against the Titans. If your defense holds the home team to 14 points when 7 of those points came on a freak 94 yard run by one of the most explosive backs in the game, a decent if not great QB should have done enough to win.

There was no decline.

What was is this:

Sanchez was responsible for 86 turnovers in 4 seasons or 61 games altogether. Or an AVERAGE of 1.4 turnovers per game.

I'm sorry but you cannot possibly win games in todays NFL that has that kind of average for turnovers.

As everyone knows and this is simply football 101 turnovers are the root of all evil. You MUST protect the football. Sanchez never had any idea how to protect the ball.

Ah, so the defense got us to 16-4 in that span.

So the fact that the defense and running game sucks must be why we're 6-13 right now.

Good to know.

SAR I
    I don't think anyone is saying that our record is ALL Mark's fault ... But his play is indefensible ... AND it's undeniable how much more energy the team showed when McElroy was subbed in. Not saying Mac is the long term answer at all ... But it did give the team a boost.

His inability to overcome severe adversity is his biggest flaw. Too often the man looks like a deer in the headlights. I know getting beat to a pulp will do that to most people.

Mark will get another chance in the NFL ... Just not with the Jets. He has the tools to be a good QB in this league. But it's clear he is done in NY ... Watching him on TV ... He can't wait to get out of here.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 12-20-2012 at 05:11 AM.

lest we forget....

Ms. Had one year of starting time in college.
    Two horrible ocs.
    Seriously declined play making talent around him.
    High management expectations,no training to improve on raw talent.
    Two years on incessant beatings from a combination of factors (out of Ms control) .

Suggest they trade him to Oakland asRaiders are finished with Palmer (another USC product)
    Tebow to Jacksonville
    trade either for draft picks, eat the cap hit.All players are playing for their contracts.If they won't take salary cuts they are draft bait or depending on the differential they can be outrigth releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that our record is ALL Mark's fault ... But his play is indefensible ... AND it's undeniable how much more energy the team showed when McElroy was subbed in. Not saying Mac is the long term answer at all ... But it did give the team a boost.

His inability to overcome severe adversity is his biggest flaw. Too often the man looks like a deer in the headlights. I know getting beat to a pulp will do that to most people.

Mark will get another chance in the NFL ... Just not with the Jets. He has the tools to be a good QB in this league. But it's clear he is done in NY ... Watching him on TV ... He can't wait to get out of here.
    "The tools to be a great QB" has been thrown around here a lot.

Guess what, akili smith had the tools to be great, so did joey harrington, tim couch, and heath shuler. Every single 3rd string QB in the league was probably the best player in their state, a winner at a big time college program, and talented enough to be in the top 100 QBs in the WORLD.

Once you get here you either learn what it takes to win, mainly not throwing to the middle of the field, into double coverage, off your back foot with time on the clock in a close game, taking care of the ball, when to simply "move the chains" and how to LEAD.

We took a shot on sanchez and missed, it happens. All the people who are touting josh freeman, i hope saw his 4 pick game with the season on the line last week as well. Or the fact that the amazing matt stafford, with the best WR in the league, cant keep his team from imploding this season.

Being an NFL QB is HARD, thats why there are so few successful ones. We need to keep drafting a new one every year if necessary, until we can find a good one ourselves.

Let's see:

Over-rated coming out of college and over-rated by the organization and fans who would anoint anyone the next Joe Montana if they won a string of three games; rode the coattails of a Top 3 ground game and Top 3 defense to two consecutive AFC Championship Game APPEARANCES, then, when the team around him became "only" a Top 5 defense and "only" a Top 15 running game, and he, god forbid, had to do something on his own, he completely **** the ****ing bed because he's a weak, fragile Southern California piece of **** who isn't a real Quarterback. He can hand the ball off and play PA off of it once in awhile when the ground game is elite, and that's it. A mediocre manager, and a **** QB.