Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain the decline of Sanchez?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I don't mind that the Jets drafted Sanchez. They really didn't give up that much to get him. And the kid was from a name school and had some success. But the contract extension was an absolute bone-head idea. Tannenbaum should be fired for that mistake alone.
    Spot on...the buttchez contract extension is indefensible on any level. You give that kind of money to a player who has actually won a title.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    To answer the question asked in this thread:

Laziness due to a sense of entitlement. When someone is given something without a real threat they can lose it, you get these kind of results.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfWeeb View Post
    To answer the question asked in this thread:

Laziness due to a sense of entitlement. When someone is given something without a real threat they can lose it, you get these kind of results.
    Right. Because you know how much he does or doesn't work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Mark Sanchez' first 10 games were mostly brutal, hammered him in the stats department, but that's what you get with a 23 year old college junior. Unlike other QB's, he was thrown into the fire. By the way, the Jets went 4-6 in those first 10 games, beat the the Patriots too

The next thing to focus on are his next 20 games. The Jets went a remarkable 16-4 in that span, and Sanchez himself got us 4 miracle wins in 5 weeks, leading us back late in games to turn a 7-9 season into 11-5.

That's when Mark Sanchez was good.

Mark Sanchez went bad against the Patriots in the 2011 season. Home game, Sunday Night Football, Ryan saying how this is the game that the 5-3 Jets were going to take it to the team they'd beaten in the playoffs. Didn't happen. Shortly thereafter, Burress got tired, Tomlinson got hurt, Keller got hurt, Wayne Hunter didn't improve, and that 16-4 run turned into the 6-13 tailspin we're on right now. Defense gave up lots of late drives, Greene stopped running, Sanchez didn't have playmakers to lead us back, 1-11 record against teams that will end the year with a winning record.

SAR I
    I like u, but u are totally and completely off your rocker. The defense and the running game carried that kid until it couldn't. He wasn't even Alex Smith when the team was going to those Championship games. The Jets tried yr after yr to give the team to Sanchez and he was lost.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I like u, but u are totally and completely off your rocker. The defense and the running game carried that kid until it couldn't. He wasn't even Alex Smith when the team was going to those Championship games. The Jets tried yr after yr to give the team to Sanchez and he was lost.
    Ah, so the defense got us to 16-4 in that span.

So the fact that the defense and running game sucks must be why we're 6-13 right now.

Good to know.

SAR I

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Right. Because you know how much he does or doesn't work.
    Maybe I'm watching a different QB than you are.

A lot of preparation goes into what to do when a play gets busted - do I throw it out of bounds OR do I run into my linemen's a$$ and fumble the ball away?

Hard work = results. Period.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, so the defense got us to 16-4 in that span.

So the fact that the defense and running game sucks must be why we're 6-13 right now.

Good to know.

SAR I
    Like i said,totally and completely off ur rocker.

Sanchez was drafted to be the face of the Franchise. He is the face of Failure.

1 down, 2 to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfWeeb View Post
    Maybe I'm watching a different QB than you are.

A lot of preparation goes into what to do when a play gets busted - do I throw it out of bounds OR do I run into my linemen's a$$ and fumble the ball away?

Hard work = results. Period.
    Then the same questions and assumptions apply to Rex too, right? Because his team sucks the past 2 yrs.
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-19-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing but take a look at his playoff numbers. While not super prolific they are very very solid and not game manager at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Not for nothing but take a look at his playoff numbers. While not super prolific they are very very solid and not game manager at all.
    I watched the games brother. I saw rex tell an assembly of reporters how well Sanches threw the ball in the game against Jacksonville. He said the same thing after the game against the Rams.

The Jets won both games, and i ask u, did his stats tell the story of those games ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point, why analyze why/how sanchez is terrible.
    Just wind up a bad situation he is primarily responsible for and move on.

The giants had a guy like him, Dave Brown.
    Showed flashes but in the end he was dumped.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The horrible cast of characters that are the 2012 New York Jets offense is so epically bad no quarterback could overcome it and turn it into a positive.

The Jets have a quarterback problem, no doubt about it. But it's only the fifth on the list of things that's wrong with this team, I would love for us to talk about the other four. But no one ever does. It's like they think if we just replace Mark Sanchez magic will happen and we will be a 13-3 team. Despicable.

SAR I
    Never said we would be 13-3 but at least the games would be watchable. Kenny o lost a lot of games but he was a fun qb to watch and would give you everything he could I would take that 100 times with Sanchez if that is what he did but its not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the 20 game span where the Jets were 16-4 following his rookie jitters, Mark Sanchez was 300 for 531 and 3,664 yards with 22 TD's and 14 INT's. That's a completion percent of 57% and a QB Rating of 80.8.

And of those 20 games, 8 were against elite competitors and 3 were in the AFC playoffs. In 9 of those 20 games he did not commit a turnover.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy, this kid sucks under the bright lights. Boy, this kid has a bad attitude. Boy, don't want someone who can perform this way against the elite's of the AFC with some playmakers on my team.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez never even broke the 200 yard mark in any of our playoff wins.

If that isn't the definition of "game manager" then I don't know what is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sanchez never even broke the 200 yard mark in any of our playoff wins.

If that isn't the definition of "game manager" then I don't know what is.
    Are you advocating the dismissal of Rex Ryan?

Because if you're not, Mark Sanchez Postseason '09/'10 is exactly the quarterback you want for the Rex Ryan Strategy. With a dominant rushing attack, a powerful defense, strong special teams, and a good set of receiving targets, Mark Sanchez did enough to win games and not screw it up for the defense and rushing game which are the Rex Ryan Hallmarks.

No Ryan Jets team, ever, has been built to resemble Air Coryell. Your double standard is a cute parlor game trick, not serious.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Never said we would be 13-3 but at least the games would be watchable. Kenny o lost a lot of games but he was a fun qb to watch and would give you everything he could I would take that 100 times with Sanchez if that is what he did but its not.
    With what receivers? Seriously, are you high?

We have the biggest set of garbage in the entire NFL on offense. WR's, TE's, RB's, FB's, OL, it's a joke. O'Brien's team was built by an offensive coordinator turned head coach who loaded him up with receivers like Wesley Walker, Mickey Shuler, Johnny Hector, Tony Paige, and Freeman McNeil. We had legitimate talent, assembled by an offense-first head coach.

"Fun to watch"? No Rex Ryan game is 'fun to watch'. He's trying to win games with a perversion of the '85 Bears defense and the '59 Packers offense in 2012 where the rules don't allow that to be successful, and produces nothing but yawns and groans even when we win.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you advocating the dismissal of Rex Ryan?

Because if you're not, Mark Sanchez Postseason '09/'10 is exactly the quarterback you want for the Rex Ryan Strategy. With a dominant rushing attack, a powerful defense, strong special teams, and a good set of receiving targets, Mark Sanchez did enough to win games and not screw it up for the defense and rushing game which are the Rex Ryan Hallmarks.

No Ryan Jets team, ever, has been built to resemble Air Coryell. Your double standard is a cute parlor game trick, not serious.

SAR I
    I've been advocating the dismissal of the entire front office for weeks now.

I want all of the clueless dickholes on this team shoved out the door. Sanchez, Tanny, Rex and Sparano.

Although I'd be the least pissed if Rex was the one we decided to keep.

Sanchez has never been a good QB. Those teams in '09 and '10 were simply so loaded that it helped mask some of his deficiencies. You're out of your goddamn mind if you actually want to attribute most of the success from those two seasons to the play of our mook of a QB.

I'll give Sanchez credit for his performance in the playoffs. Nothing flashy or jaw dropping, just smart football. If he played that way during the regular season then he would still be the starter and likely for the forseeable future.

Problem is, you play like sh*t in the regular season, you don't make the postseason.

And Sanchez is about as bad as it gets during the regular season.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 12-19-2012 at 11:41 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I'll give Sanchez credit for his performance in the playoffs. Nothing flashy or jaw dropping, just smart football. If he played that way during the regular season then he would still be the starter and likely for the forseeable future.

Problem is, you play like sh*t in the regular season, you don't make the postseason.
    Playmakers Mark had his first two/three seasons:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me 1 player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. You can't. We have the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WR's, TE's, RB's, FB's, OL, it's a joke.
    You forget the biggest joke of all, our QB.

Jets have a decent running game, btw. 10th most yards in the NFL this season. While I don't see any Freeman McNeils out there, I don't understand why everyone seems so quick to dismiss them out of hand.

While our RBs have been grinding they have been consistently betrayed by an awful quarterback. You got some set blaming the the RBs; Sanchez had 5 turnovers against the awful Titans. FIVE!