Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain the decline of Sanchez?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

Maybe the coaching staff screwed him up or maybe Sanchez was just never that good to begin with.

Who gives a sh*t?

The bottom line is that the kid is terrible and we need to move on.
    his confidence in himself is shot, and his team has lost faith in him and now his coach has too.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with your point, but can you honestly say the transition from year 1 and 2 smoothly built it's way up to year 3?

I distinctly remember Rex more or less saying, okay we're going to throw this year, no more ground & pound.

And then a few weeks later he said, we're going back to the ground and pound.

You need to crawl before you can walk. And walk before you run. They asked Sanchez to go from crawling to running. It wasn't smooth whatsoever.
    They ask him to do more with less. How can you ask the QB to do more when you take 2 out of the 3 WR's he had chemistry with and leave the obvious malcontent WR. Its like saying you can dig a hole pretty fast with that shovel, but next year we have a spoon for you and need you to dig faster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with your point, but can you honestly say the transition from year 1 and 2 smoothly built it's way up to year 3?

I distinctly remember Rex more or less saying, okay we're going to throw this year, no more ground & pound.

And then a few weeks later he said, we're going back to the ground and pound.

You need to crawl before you can walk. And walk before you run. They asked Sanchez to go from crawling to running. It wasn't smooth whatsoever.
    The transition in year 3 was losing 40% of the O-line (with Hunter starting RT) losing Bray...So yes as many have said the talent on team diminished but the Jets were counting on Sanchez making the step from game manager to franchise QB. Sanchez was unable to make that transition.

As for Rex saying we're going to air it out and then change his mind...Yes, Rex is a fool, in WAY over his head as a HC, and should be fired. But, in my opinion that doesn't change the fact that Sanchez isn't good and was never going to be good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    LT was catching that ball. Sometimes the other players need to make some plays!
    Anyway watch that Greene play again. He jumped a lot higher than he needed to and actually made a decent throw look bad. Check it out, his hands were above the point of contact with the ball. he needs to be replaced or at least have someone in there that can catch on passing downs.
    Oh I know. Greene can't catch a cold

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy he doesn't have balls and is not a leader. Is afraid of his own wr's to put them I their place

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Washington.

Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

If we had replaced these players with higher-quality playmakers we still may not be 100% pleased with Mark Sanchez's progress, but he certainly would be our starting quarterback and we certainly be on pace to be an 11 win team.

This is the reason why Mark Sanchez will stay with the Jets, why he will get a good look in training camp, and why he will be the starting quarterback in 2013.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 12-19-2012 at 06:39 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Washington.

Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

If we had replaced these players with higher-quality playmakers we still may not be 100% pleased with Mark Sanchez's progress, but he certainly would be our starting quarterback and we certainly be on pace to be an 11 win team.

This is the reason why Mark Sanchez will stay with the Jets, why he will get a good look in training camp, and why he will be the starting quarterback in 2013.

SAR I

Correction he is good with a top 5 online, rb,special teams, defense to mask his ineptitude but then again with that much help well see Trent dilfer, Jim McMahon, and Stan humphries

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Correction he is good with a top 5 online, rb,special teams, defense to mask his ineptitude but then again with that much help well see Trent dilfer, Jim McMahon, and Stan humphries
    The Jets went out of their way to help Mark Sanchez improve this year:

_____ Yes

_____ No

How you can look at that list of playmakers that the Jets once had on this team and compare it to what we have today and not see the obvious reason as to why our quarterback is struggling astounds me.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha ya ok.. He had Edwards mon night so put him on your list for now, the night that he had 1 of worst games of his career when he turned it over 5 times!!! Those guys are making Mark not read defenses properly? they are to blame for him ignoring safties who have learned his weaknesses ? failing to improve and still makes rookie mistakes? his ability to fumble at will? (much worse this yr) running into the butts on lineman? No to all of the above.. Rookies look more in control then he does..

McElroy the 7th round 3rd stringer looked 10X better than him in his first NFL game than Mark in his 4th year.. Dude get your head checked..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    haha ya ok.. He had Edwards mon night so put him on your list for now, the night that he had 1 of worst games of his career when he turned it over 5 times!!! Those guys are making Mark not read defenses properly? they are to blame for him ignoring safties who have learned his weaknesses ? failing to improve and still makes rookie mistakes? his ability to fumble at will? (much worse this yr) running into the butts on lineman? No to all of the above.. Rookies look more in control then he does..

McElroy the 7th round 3rd stringer looked 10X better than him in his first NFL game than Mark in his 4th year.. Dude get your head checked..
    Braylon Edwards hadn't picked up a football for a month before joining the Jets, and there's a new system and a new offensive coordinator. In light of this, he and Mark had a pretty good night.

This team was built to win on defense and a crushing running attack. Because we have neither, Mark Sanchez is being asked to throw the ball too much for an offense that is not constructed to win it in the air.

McElroy had a whopping two completions for 29 yards and led us on a touchdown drive featuring a pass interference penalty. Reminded you of Dan Marino?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets went out of their way to help Mark Sanchez improve this year:

_____ Yes

_____ No

How you can look at that list of playmakers that the Jets once had on this team and compare it to what we have today and not see the obvious reason as to why our quarterback is struggling astounds me.

SAR I

Yes he never had to worry about his job ask any athlete and they will tell you that is huge. Other qb's can overcome their starters injuries be it wr's or olinemen or whoever mark obv can't it doesn't mean he was throwing to high school kids they just haven't proven them self yet mark is supposed to help as a leader in that regard instead he made everyone look worse.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Yes he never had to worry about his job ask any athlete and they will tell you that is huge. Other qb's can overcome their starters injuries be it wr's or olinemen or whoever mark obv can't it doesn't mean he was throwing to high school kids they just haven't proven them self yet mark is supposed to help as a leader in that regard instead he made everyone look worse.
    The horrible cast of characters that are the 2012 New York Jets offense is so epically bad no quarterback could overcome it and turn it into a positive.

The Jets have a quarterback problem, no doubt about it. But it's only the fifth on the list of things that's wrong with this team, I would love for us to talk about the other four. But no one ever does. It's like they think if we just replace Mark Sanchez magic will happen and we will be a 13-3 team. Despicable.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    your right the defense and running game was so good, it was a bad qb's dream (mark Sanchez) who could just coast through and ride the back of both.. Year 3, he was asked to be more of a NFL QB (oops he is not)

yes compared to watching the worst qb in the league all season, and especially that game where he could not able to sustain 1 effective drive against 1 of the worst teams in the NFL (same team that let up 60 points? the following week against a 3rd string rookie qb)- Mark Sanchez made Greg McElroy look like dan Marino..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The horrible cast of characters that are the 2012 New York Jets offense is so epically bad no quarterback could overcome it and turn it into a positive.

The Jets have a quarterback problem, no doubt about it. But it's only the fifth on the list of things that's wrong with this team, I would love for us to talk about the other four. But no one ever does. It's like they think if we just replace Mark Sanchez magic will happen and we will be a 13-3 team. Despicable.

SAR I
    Agreed 100%

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    saying that sanchez is bad b/c of the players around him is sticking your head in the sand and pretending the problem will go away.

sanchez stinks.

the rest of the offense does, too.

it's really simple. get rid of sanchez. also, get new skill positions and a new RT.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Agreed 100%

Why do you think an epically bad team wouldn't have 6 wins

BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT THAT BAD

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I would ask just 1 question

When was Mark Sanchez any good ?

Inorder to regress, it would imply that this player was actually playing at a high levelat some point in his career. This is a player who managed to start his career in his 1st season with a 5 int game against Buffalo in a lost when the Jets as a team had rushed for over 200 yards. He's ending his career with a 4 int game in which he was also involved in a fumbled that ended the jets chance at giving the fans something to tune in for.

So again I ask: When was Mark Sanchez any good?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    saying that sanchez is bad b/c of the players around him is sticking your head in the sand and pretending the problem will go away.

sanchez stinks.

the rest of the offense does, too.

it's really simple. get rid of sanchez. also, get new skill positions and a new RT.
    Mark Sanchez 2012 stinks today, no argument. Bench him, see what McElroy's got. I'm all for it.

The question is:

If Mark Sanchez was supported with a set of weapons that were the same as 2009/2010 or a little better than in 2009/2010 would he be this bad in 2012?

I put the odds at 70/30. 70% chance you're right, he fundamentally sucks, isn't an NFL quarterback. But that 30% chance that you're wrong, that he's a decent quarterback in a terrible situation on the worst coached team in the NFL is out there. It's legitimate.

All I want is for the Jets to a) fire Ryan, b) fire Sparano, c) bring in qualified offensive coaches, d) focus on the offense in free agency/draft. With that, we'll be able to see what Mark Sanchez 2013 looks like. Short leash, decent backup on the bench, but we need to see if he's got skills that can't be seen because of the horrible supporting cast.

Frankly, I don't know why we're even debating this. He's on the roster, he's too expensive to dump, we've already invested a lot in him, and the team is going to suck anyway. Sparano will be gone at the very least, and we'll have a new OC who won't deal with the sh-t roster he's inheriting. We're going to find out the answer to the 70/30 question, like it or not.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ofcourse mak sanchez is not the only 1 who sucks on the offense.. Yes tony sparano has no clue what hes doing with the passing game, or wildcat.. And MT has no idea how to put together an offense.. The Defense has been put together and despite losing Revis, ect its done another above average job. Thats to Rex credit.. Yeah hes left the O in the hands of tony, and MT which is why its 1 of the worst in the NFL.

Sanchez isnt the only bad player on O, but he is the worst.. He should not be th only 1 who should be replaced.. Many qbs could have come in and done a much better job.. He was only asked a few weeks ago by rex, to just stop turning the ball over so much.. He responded with 5 turnovers in 1 game.. McElroy will not put up top of the league numbers, he will just be ask to move the ball and not lead the league in turnovers like Mark loved to do.. He doesnt have much pressure trying to play better than Mark, it would be hard work to play that bad..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    When was Mark Sanchez any good ?

Inorder to regress, it would imply that this player was actually playing at a high levelat some point in his career. This is a player who managed to start his career in his 1st season with a 5 int game against Buffalo in a lost when the Jets as a team had rushed for over 200 yards. He's ending his career with a 4 int game in which he was also involved in a fumbled that ended the jets chance at giving the fans something to tune in for.

So again I ask: When was Mark Sanchez any good?

Mark Sanchez' first 10 games were mostly brutal, hammered him in the stats department, but that's what you get with a 23 year old college junior. Unlike other QB's, he was thrown into the fire. By the way, the Jets went 4-6 in those first 10 games, beat the the Patriots too

The next thing to focus on are his next 20 games. The Jets went a remarkable 16-4 in that span, and Sanchez himself got us 4 miracle wins in 5 weeks, leading us back late in games to turn a 7-9 season into 11-5.

That's when Mark Sanchez was good.

Mark Sanchez went bad against the Patriots in the 2011 season. Home game, Sunday Night Football, Ryan saying how this is the game that the 5-3 Jets were going to take it to the team they'd beaten in the playoffs. Didn't happen. Shortly thereafter, Burress got tired, Tomlinson got hurt, Keller got hurt, Wayne Hunter didn't improve, and that 16-4 run turned into the 6-13 tailspin we're on right now. Defense gave up lots of late drives, Greene stopped running, Sanchez didn't have playmakers to lead us back, 1-11 record against teams that will end the year with a winning record.

SAR I