Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort on Kay

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Mort on Kay

On yesterday's show Mort said that as far as he knows everyone will return. Rex, Tannebaum, and Sparano.

I believe that Rex will return. Agree or disagree. I wouldn't be thrilled but I can somewhat live with it.

My bigger question is how does Tannebaum keep his job? If he does I will refuse to watch. He has ruined this team the past two years and if not longer. For that reason he needs to go. If Tannebaum is still here after January 9th (that gives Woody a week after the holidays) then a petition needs to be started. There is alot of blame to go around but to me number 1 is Tannebaum and he has no right keeping his job. I don't even want him to stick around and do contracts. He has killed us with Sanchez's contract. He is such a genius.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgetting the issue of the travesty of Tanny and Rex' return in 2013, how would any logical person bring back Sparano? The guy is in over his head (read: a complete bumbling joke). Period.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they bring back tanny, rex and sanchez, we storm florham park.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    On yesterday's show Mort said that as far as he knows everyone will return. Rex, Tannebaum, and Sparano.

I believe that Rex will return. Agree or disagree. I wouldn't be thrilled but I can somewhat live with it.

My bigger question is how does Tannebaum keep his job? If he does I will refuse to watch. He has ruined this team the past two years and if not longer. For that reason he needs to go. If Tannebaum is still here after January 9th (that gives Woody a week after the holidays) then a petition needs to be started. There is alot of blame to go around but to me number 1 is Tannebaum and he has no right keeping his job. I don't even want him to stick around and do contracts. He has killed us with Sanchez's contract. He is such a genius.
    Tannenbaum's biggest mistake/challenge was giving into Woody's demands for Tebow and signing players based on how they would be perceived in regards to selling PSLs.

Rex is just awful but he is the WWF style that Woody loves (its everything he is not)

Its the owner who has orchestrated all of this.

I believe we are in for a long dark period of time with Woody Johnson as owner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just another reason why ESPN should can MORT. He's so out of touch it's like listening to a Rex press conference. That said, the fact that we are now starting a 7th rd pick at Qb over the guy we traded up to pick at #5 should tell you all you need to know about Tanny's future. Like Jerry Garcia sang, " he's gone, and nothing's gonna bring him back.' Rex and Sparano get one more year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Forgetting the issue of the travesty of Tanny and Rex' return in 2013, how would any logical person bring back Sparano? The guy is in over his head (read: a complete bumbling joke). Period.
    +1. And Cavanaugh too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Just another reason why ESPN should can MORT. He's so out of touch it's like listening to a Rex press conference. That said, the fact that we are now starting a 7th rd pick at Qb over the guy we traded up to pick at #5 should tell you all you need to know about Tanny's future. Like Jerry Garcia sang, " he's gone, and nothing's gonna bring him back.' Rex and Sparano get one more year.
    If he's retained (which I doubt), even Rex isn't stupid enough to not fire Sparano. The design of his offense, as well as his play calling, is abysmal.

All you need to do is look at Monday night's game. Even though Sanchez was a complete disaster (again!) throwing three picks, what does Tony do with the game on the line in the fourth quarter? Run the ball, as we were doing it fairly effectively? Nope. He sends in plays for Mark to throw.

Face it. Sparano is a dud of mythic proportion. Show the bum the door. Not next week, but today. The sooner we rid ourselves of his ineptitude the better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest change needs to be Cavanaugh, they tried to do this last year with Haley and David Lee, both were in the building, and it didn't happen for whatever reason.

They need to finish the job this year, they need a new QB coach and a bonafied passing coordinator to work with Sparano.

I'm fine with keeping Sparano as long as Cavanaugh is gone.

I think too many are focusing on the fallout of the roster and blaming Tanny for injuries that are not his doing.

I have no problem with the regime as it is getting one more year to right this wrong.

I still think bringing in Parcells in some capacity can restore order with the front office as well, as he has worked with everybody that is currently on the staff.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The biggest change needs to be Cavanaugh, they tried to do this last year with Haley and David Lee, both were in the building, and it didn't happen for whatever reason.

They need to finish the job this year, they need a new QB coach and a bonafied passing coordinator to work with Sparano.

I'm fine with keeping Sparano as long as Cavanaugh is gone.

I think too many are focusing on the fallout of the roster and blaming Tanny for injuries that are not his doing.

I have no problem with the regime as it is getting one more year to right this wrong.

I still think bringing in Parcells in some capacity can restore order with the front office as well, as he has worked with everybody that is currently on the staff.
    We are 6-8 with the 30th ranked offense (defense is 10th). Tony needs to go. Now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they can get a 'bonafied' tutor for Sparano.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's retained (which I doubt), even Rex isn't stupid enough to not fire Sparano. The design of his offense, as well as his play calling, is abysmal.

All you need to do is look at Monday night's game. Even though Sanchez was a complete disaster (again!) throwing three picks, what does Tony do with the game on the line in the fourth quarter? Run the ball, as we were doing it fairly effectively? Nope. He sends in plays for Mark to throw.

Face it. Sparano is a dud of mythic proportion. Show the bum the door. Not next week, but today. The sooner we rid ourselves of his ineptitude the better.
    Not only can you question the plays Sparano calls, but he has shown he can not be a play caller because it takes him so long to even call the play. Its comical watching the player substitutions and the team breaking the huddle with less than 10 seconds on the play clock. That tells me he just doesnt have a plan and isnt calling plays to set up other plays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Maybe they can get a 'bonafied' tutor for Sparano.

Tony will need a tutor to prep him for his next job in Division II. As the guy who breaks down film for the team's grad assistant on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are 6-8 with the 30th ranked offense (defense is 10th). Tony needs to go. Now.
    Sparano was strapped all year because of injuries, and Sanchez folded.

Cavanaugh needs to go first and foremost.

The plan was to have Sparano work with a passing coordinator that he was comfortable with and would have coached the QB's and lead the passing offense. Lee worked with Sparano, they tried to hire him, he wound up going to Buffalo, presumably for more money. He could become available this off-season as I'd imagine it's possible they blow up that staff after this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    May I suggest for the 100th or so time.......Jim Fassel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "passing coordinator"?!?!?!

How sad is that....... "Passing" is part of playing offense, something that Sparano has shown that he SUCKS at running. This year was the most ridiculous unorganized hodgepodge mess of an offense I've ever seen, and yes that's taking the fact that Sanchez sucks into consideration.

Show this clown the door

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Give Sparano Chade Henne rather than Sanchez and we're at minimum, 8-6

Blaming anyone other than our current QB for the problems of this team aren't really watching the games

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not only can you question the plays Sparano calls, but he has shown he can not be a play caller because it takes him so long to even call the play. Its comical watching the player substitutions and the team breaking the huddle with less than 10 seconds on the play clock. That tells me he just doesnt have a plan and isnt calling plays to set up other plays.
    What is all the confusion about? It's not the pre-season. We were in game 14. LOL.

Someone brought up that Mike Tirico and Gruden said that Sparano and Sanchez looked like they were trying to explain or understand mathematical formulae.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The plan was to have Sparano work with a passing coordinator that he was comfortable with and would have coached the QB's and lead the passing offense.
    Or, they can just get an Offensive Coordinator instead.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Cavanaugh needs to go first and foremost.

The plan was to have Sparano work with a passing coordinator that he was comfortable with and would have coached the QB's and lead the passing offense. Lee worked with Sparano, they tried to hire him, he wound up going to Buffalo, presumably for more money. He could become available this off-season as I'd imagine it's possible they blow up that staff after this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Give Sparano Chade Henne rather than Sanchez and we're at minimum, 8-6

Blaming anyone other than our current QB for the problems of this team aren't really watching the games
    You guys want to give Sparano a pass and like him? Fine, I respect your opinion.

I do not. From day one I thought it was a mistake to make him our OC. Truly, I don't believe he is qualified and his system (whatever the f**k it is) will fail again next year if he's retained. Guy doesn't have it as either a HC or OC. Sadly for us and the Dolphins (actually glad about this part) Sparano has ridden the Parcells legacy to jobs in the NFL he should never have possessed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Tannenbaum's biggest mistake/challenge was giving into Woody's demands for Tebow and signing players based on how they would be perceived in regards to selling PSLs.

Rex is just awful but he is the WWF style that Woody loves (its everything he is not)

Its the owner who has orchestrated all of this.

I believe we are in for a long dark period of time with Woody Johnson as owner.
    Nonsense. I keep hearing this drivel about woody being responsible for everything. I don't believe that at all. Was he on the bandwagon to get tebow? Probably but I also believe he would have deferred if the coach and front office told him no.

Also the Tebow situation rears it's head as a major reason for the jets problems. It's about reason 59 out of 60 and it's the perfect deflector for people that don't want to look at the real problems of the team.