Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort on Kay

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Or, they can just get an Offensive Coordinator instead.
    Despite the year the team has had, I think Sparano can be good.

He's had a rotating line-up/roster all year long, that's tough for any coach.

Why people refuse to acknowledge this is beyond me.

It wouldn't have mattered who was running the offense this year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You guys want to give Sparano a pass and like him? Fine, I respect your opinion.

I do not. From day one I thought it was a mistake to make him our OC. Truly, I don't believe he is qualified and his system (whatever the f**k it is) will fail again next year if he's retained. Guy doesn't have it as either a HC or OC. Sadly for us and the Dolphins (actually glad about this part) Sparano has ridden the Parcells legacy to jobs in the NFL he should never have possessed.
    Not giving him a pass per say, trying to make sense of what Sparano has had to work with all yar.

His QB imploded, but mostly due to injuries to several key players all year, and then lacking talent around him

How is that on Sparano? What OC would have perservered?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL People patting Sparano on the Ass for being a WORSE coordinator than Shotty was and shotty took it in the neck in every second post on here for the last 3 years.

Sparano was a crap hire and those that want to separate the running game from the passing game from an oc's portfolio are clearly admitting he was not the guy for the job.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys want to give Sparano a pass and like him? Fine, I respect your opinion.

I do not. From day one I thought it was a mistake to make him our OC. Truly, I don't believe he is qualified and his system (whatever the f**k it is) will fail again next year if he's retained. Guy doesn't have it as either a HC or OC. Sadly for us and the Dolphins (actually glad about this part) Sparano has ridden the Parcells legacy to jobs in the NFL he should never have possessed.
    To be honest, I could care less about Sparano

Thing is, you and I just KNOW Sanchez will be back fighting it out to remain starter next year (financial reasons) No need to confuse the situation more

AND We really haven't had a chance to truly grade Sparano due to the ineptness of the QB. Not fair to Sparano to grade him using Sanchez as his QB.....The kid is absolutely lost

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Despite the year the team has had, I think Sparano can be good.

He's had a rotating line-up/roster all year long, that's tough for any coach.

Why people refuse to acknowledge this is beyond me.

It wouldn't have mattered who was running the offense this year
    Ray - honest question. Do you watch a lot of non-Jets football?

Forget what the bradys or mannings do, they are simply too talented and too experienced to provide an accurate comparison.

If you really think sparano is an adequate OC, you need to watch some of the seattle seahawks games to see that a real NFL has actual plays that get people open, that keep defenses guessing, that allow their QB to give a defense different looks.

We have the most un-inspiring offense ive ever witnessed. Do we even run the bubble screen or mis-direction rollout?

Lastly, forget the fact that tebow was a poor acquisition. What have we done with him? Every single play he is in, he runs straight into the line? How giving him a SINGLE READ OPTION PLAY, like he did last year.

Sparano is a offensive line coach and nothing more. Keeping him here would ensure that we continue to be the laughing stock that we are

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not giving him a pass per say, trying to make sense of what Sparano has had to work with all yar.

His QB imploded, but mostly due to injuries to several key players all year, and then lacking talent around him

How is that on Sparano? What OC would have perservered?
    Not possible. Sparano had plenty of time to change our offense to a more run oriented one. He did not. Week after week, he continued asking Sanchez (who "imploded'" performance wise, as you state) to throw the ball. That's on Sparano and his play calling.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If they bring back tanny, rex and sanchez, we storm florham park.
    I have a great idea Joe..

Why don't you tweet them some death threats first and then launch your storming

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest change needs to be Cavanaugh, they tried to do this last year with Haley and David Lee, both were in the building, and it didn't happen for whatever reason.

They need to finish the job this year, they need a new QB coach and a bonafied passing coordinator to work with Sparano.

I'm fine with keeping Sparano as long as Cavanaugh is gone.

I think too many are focusing on the fallout of the roster and blaming Tanny for injuries that are not his doing.

I have no problem with the regime as it is getting one more year to right this wrong.

I still think bringing in Parcells in some capacity can restore order with the front office as well, as he has worked with everybody that is currently on the staff.
    Hahahahaha...Why would Parcells want to join the circus?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only two coaches I would even consider keeping on offense are Guge and Lal.

Sparano, Cavanaugh and Lynn all need to go. I don't care about changing systems again. As far as I am concerned Sparano doesn't even have a system.

McElroy and Alex Smith in a wide open TC competition. I know that isn't sexy but I do not think there are any prospects in the draft this year. If we can't move him, let Sanchez be the #3 and have him be inactive every game. I never want to see him take another snap that counts for the NYJ.

Only way I would be OK with keeping Rex as HC is if Norv Turner comes in to run the offense and he has complete autonomy of the offense and clock management.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    Hahahahaha...Why would Parcells want to join the circus?
    Don't you know? He spoke highly of Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I have a great idea Joe..

Why don't you tweet them some death threats first and then launch your storming

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Fight the urge. I know it is hard.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

If you really think sparano is an adequate OC, you need to watch some of the seattle seahawks games to see that a real NFL has actual plays that get people open, that keep defenses guessing, that allow their QB to give a defense different looks.

We have the most un-inspiring offense ive ever witnessed. Do we even run the bubble screen or mis-direction rollout?
    If you watch all these other NFL games you speak of, then you'd realize most teams are not strapped with a QB that has no clue how to read defenses, blitzes, coverages.

The kid must be dumb as a rock, because you and I can see a blitz coming on TV, yet Sanchez thinks he can take a 7 step drop and set himself to throw down field, along with a few double pumps before crumbling down to the pressure

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Thing is, you and I just KNOW Sanchez will be back fighting it out to remain starter next year (financial reasons) No need to confuse the situation more

AND We really haven't had a chance to truly grade Sparano due to the ineptness of the QB. Not fair to Sparano to grade him using Sanchez as his QB.....The kid is absolutely lost
    Jon, I respect you. But think you're wrong on this issue. I don't believe Sparano has the tools (except Sanchez ) to succeed.

And if Sanchez stays (please god let us find an idiotic team to make a trade, even if we eat a ton of his contract), how would Sparano make Sanchez better and ultimately successful? Tell me, in your heart, you believe Sparano, with his system, is the guy to turn Mark around? I do not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

fighting against whom? tebow is gone, the jets will get rid of him, they don't want to use him in any role and now there's resentment on tebow's part. also, there's a weak qb draft. even if they got the best qb in college this draft, would that guy start? they won't pick barkley, likely, and probably won't get gino smith. and there's not much out there in terms of good available backup qbs either.

if mcelroy plays well, he and sanchez enter next season competing to be the starter. if mcelroy stinks, well, they still can't have sanchez start by default. this means any scrub they sign from another team would also be in the mix. bottom line, unless mcelroy plays well beyond his drafted position, next season, at a minimum, will be a long one for the jets and their fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me, in your heart, you believe Sparano, with his system, is the guy to turn Mark around? I do not.

I just don't know.....The QB is SOOOOOOOO bad, it's impossible to grade Sparano fairly

I wouldn't be upset if he was axed, obviously someone has to go. IMO it has to be Cavanaugh first and foremost

I just hope we find a decent stopgap QB, there just isn't a guy in this draft that is the answer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ray - honest question. Do you watch a lot of non-Jets football?

Forget what the bradys or mannings do, they are simply too talented and too experienced to provide an accurate comparison.

Lastly, forget the fact that tebow was a poor acquisition. What have we done with him? Every single play he is in, he runs straight into the line? How giving him a SINGLE READ OPTION PLAY, like he did last year.

Sparano is a offensive line coach and nothing more. Keeping him here would ensure that we continue to be the laughing stock that we are

I'm well aware of the offensive problems

Like I said, I think the team needs a passing coordinator, somebody to work with Sparano.

Replacing him is obviously an option, I just don't think it should be done after 1 year with the player personnel issues he's dealt with all year.

I don't look at things with fantasy sports in mind

The plan was for the Jets to hire somebody along with Sparano

Cavanaugh needs to be the first to go.

But if the team went in a completely new direction and say, went after Norv Turner, I'd be all for it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano has to go and we need a new OC who get the NFL in 2012... and Rex needs to get out of the way and let this guy have complete control...

- Philosophy
    - Drafting
    - Game Plan
    - Play Calling
    - etc, etc, etc...

Everything in the NFL is geared toward a passing offense...

- Touch the QB - PENALTY
    - Touch the WR - PENALTY
    - Hit WR over the middle - PENALTY

The NFL is doing everything it can to allow teams to pass... and yet we are still beating the ground and pound drum... enough already...

Rex, focus on the Defense and let someone else run the offense... period

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't know.....The QB is SOOOOOOOO bad, it's impossible to grade Sparano fairly

I wouldn't be upset if he was axed, obviously someone has to go. IMO it has to be Cavanaugh first and foremost

I just hope we find a decent stopgap QB, there just isn't a guy in this draft that is the answer
    You make a fair point. But try to look at the things Sparano does that are for the most part independent of Sanchez.

- Offense is always disorganized and unprepared. Multiple timeouts wasted and delay of game penalties.

- The plays he designed lack creativity. We run the ball out of one formation and pass out of another. It becomes obvious to the defense.

- No rhytm to his play calling.

- How many times has the rhythm of the offense been interrupted by inserting Tebow in the game.

- The wildcat has been a complete and total failure. That was his claim to fame.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope you never uttered a bad word about shotty.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think there's anyway Tanny remains the GM.

Seriously, Woody has his detractors, but he is consistent that when the fans want someone gone, that person is gone. It happened with Hacket, then Herm, Mangini, and Schitty. They leave it different capacities, either re-sign, not re-upped, fired, etc. but they're gone.

Woody reads the papers. He knows he has to at leats re-assign Tanny and give the reigns to someone else.