Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We don't need more gun control. We need more bullet control.

Board Moderator

We don't need more gun control. We need more bullet control.

Scary how right he is/was. Not trying to make light of the situation, but he is so on point (this is from 2003 btw) and so applicable to this day.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0Y4qIZ4PA

Like saying "We don't need ID Checks for Voting, we need ID checks to get into a voting place".

Loopholes are no way to get around human rights.

How about we start blaming the individuals who commit crimes, instead of blaming entire populations of law abiding people? Maybe that would be a good start on formulating public and criminal policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Like saying "We don't need ID Checks for Voting, we need ID checks to get into a voting place".

Loopholes are no way to get around human rights.

How about we start blaming the individuals who commit crimes, instead of blaming entire populations of law abiding people? Maybe that would be a good start on formulating public and criminal policy?
    OK, you keep blaming the nutjob kid. I choose to blame the mother who carelessy put weapon's into her nutjob kid's hands.

Blame the ACLU along with the rat bastard commies for keeping nuts that should be institutionalized out on the streets...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    OK, you keep blaming the nutjob kid. I choose to blame the mother who carelessy put weapon's into her nutjob kid's hands.
    Is it not possible to blame both?

The kid did the deed. He is obviously to blame.

We lack the details at this time to accurately assign a portion of teh blame to the Mother as yet. You do not know if she was "careless", nor do you know what she did/did not try to do to address her son's mental issues.

It's certainly possible she bears a meaningful portion of responsabillity, but thata hard to prove at this still-early (details wise) juncture.

I agree on the mother. Only a complete idiot doesn't lock up their guns.

I also blame the public municipal unions for this one. If they didn't drain the budgets of city and town across America there may have been some money to provide mental health services to psychos like that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I agree on the mother. Only a complete idiot doesn't lock up their guns.

I also blame the public municipal unions for this one. If they didn't drain the budgets of city and town across America there may have been some money to provide mental health services to psychos like that kid.
    I thought we shouldn't have gun control because you can't protect yourself from a nut job. If we simply have to protect ourselves against complete idiots that's a pretty good argument for gun control in today's US.

The kid did the deed. He is obviously to blame.

We lack the details at this time to accurately assign a portion of teh blame to the Mother as yet. You do not know if she was "careless", nor do you know what she did/did not try to do to address her son's mental issues.

It's certainly possible she bears a meaningful portion of responsabillity, but thata hard to prove at this still-early (details wise) juncture.
    She absolutely was careless. I don't care if she had them locked up, obviously it wasn't enough to stop him. She knew he was dangerous. His former babysitter accounted for her stating to him to "never take your eyes off Adam, not even in the bathroom". They were her guns, he was her son, mentally unstable and under her care and supervision. She is ultimately responsible for both.

She absolutely was careless. I don't care if she had them locked up, obviously it wasn't enough to stop him. She knew he was dangerous. His former babysitter accounted for her stating to him to "never take your eyes off Adam, not even in the bathroom". They were her guns, he was her son, mentally unstable and under her care and supervision. She is ultimately responsible for both.
    A very simplistic and predictable position. You know none of the details as yet (nor do any of us really), yet you're ready to abdicate all responsabillity of the murderer, and place it all on the legal gun owner and homicide victim mother, in order to push an agenda that suits your politics, but will do nothing to stop this kind of event.

The death of personal responsabillity and accountabillity is, in my view, one of the greatest problems our society faces. We are not a collective, and there is no colelctive responsabillity for this horror, no matter how much some may wish to use it to demonize 30 million+ lawabiding gun owners.

"By removing the Bible from schools we would be wasting so much time and money in punishing criminals and so little pains to prevent crime. Take the Bible out of our schools and there would be an explosion in crime."

Benjamin Rush
    Founding Father

A very simplistic and predictable position. You know none of the details as yet (nor do any of us really), yet you're ready to abdicate all responsabillity of the murderer, and place it all on the legal gun owner and homicide victim mother, in order to push an agenda that suits your politics, but will do nothing to stop this kind of event.

The death of personal responsabillity and accountabillity is, in my view, one of the greatest problems our society faces. We are not a collective, and there is no colelctive responsabillity for this horror, no matter how much some may wish to use it to demonize 30 million+ lawabiding gun owners.
    Fish,I have to disagree with you on this.Yes this kid did the act.He is the one responsible for this tragedy,but My opinion if you know the kid has mental issues you don't teach him how to work an assault rifle.I believe from what I've heard she took him to the range to shoot

The only consistent thing so far about this kid coming out if that he had some mental issues

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's the nut behind the bolt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    "By removing the Bible from schools we would be wasting so much time and money in punishing criminals and so little pains to prevent crime. Take the Bible out of our schools and there would be an explosion in crime."

Benjamin Rush
    Founding Father

Really?

Was God busy last Friday? Was he too busy watching people masturbate?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    It's the nut behind the bolt.
    And the only thing preventing that nut from obtaining as many firearms that he wants is a bit of bureaucratic paperwork. Therein lies the rub.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Really?

Was God busy last Friday? Was he too busy watching people masturbate?
    ========================================
    According to The story on Facebook I read it was because he was not allowed in the school.

All Pro
    I hope everyone took the time to watch the video, good laugh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ========================================
    According to The story on Facebook I read it was because he was not allowed in the school.
    Ah.

So the all powerful creator is held powerless due to the PTA.

No wonder he was challenged by the devil. Dude is as limp as Southside at a sorority party.

Sent from a phone using an app

I have no politics in this. I'm not pro or anti gun. I am simply a parent. And rest assured if I was a gun fanatic and a parent of a mentally disturbed child, I promise you that my child will never, EVER see those guns or have access to them. Why? Because I'm a responsible parent. The funny thing is my point about this actually is in support of both sides. You can't blame responsible gun owners and you can't blame mentally ill people who don't have the right support group. This is a case of a horribly irresponsible mother. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post

Benjamin Rush
    Founding Father

Separation between Church and State - Thomas Jefferson