Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez for Alex Smith

Veteran

Sanchez for Alex Smith

Why not see if they would trade straight up? Sanchez is from Cali , would be their 2nd stringer - new place ,new start. If we get Alex, dump Sparano and get Norv as O.C.- they have history.

Maybe best for everyone

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Jet View Post
    Why not see if they would trade straight up? Sanchez is from Cali , would be their 2nd stringer - new place ,new start. If we get Alex, dump Sparano and get Norv as O.C.- they have history.

Maybe best for everyone
    Sure..... not sure Alex would succeed here though. Sort of a stiff, Flacco like QB. But I like the idea.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Jet View Post

Maybe best for everyone
    I think his contract would be a hindrance in this trade.
    From what ive gathered, the Jets cant simply "pick up" a part of Marks contract to make him more desirable in a trade.

But i do agree.....SD, or SF would be a great place for Mark. Big Hispanic fan base there, and his home.

Why in God's name would SF agree to this trade?

Jets Insider VIP
    Nobody wants Mark Sanchez. Why is this hard for you guys to understand? His contract in addition to his play makes him untradable. WAKE UP!

Any time a trade thread is created it should automatically go into the Dump unless it is involving trading for or trading away draft picks.

I can't believe people post these despite there being entire threads dedicated to the mechanics of the NFL salary cap and why player-for-player trades only happen at the lowest end of the talent pole.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nobody wants Mark Sanchez. Why is this hard for you guys to understand? His contract in addition to his play makes him untradable. WAKE UP!
    I respect your outlook, so id like to ask....
    Do you think Mark is the starter on the team next year?......QB by competition?.....or flat out a bench warmer? Man, i could see any of the 3.

Well. They would have to throw in Frank Gore too.

Why the hell would anyone in a sane mind make an even swap Sanchez for Smith. Cum on man.

Jets Insider VIP
    QB by competition?
    I will go this. Because a new gm and head coach will have no ties to him and will give a bunch of qbs a fair shot.

But if we make the mistake of retaining rex, mark has got to go. They cannot coexist.

Bingo!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Smith wasn't benched because he was playing poorly. In fact, he was playing to the level we wish Sanchez was. Good completion percentage, low turnover rate, game manager. The 49ers just had an athletic big play freak on the bench and realized they could be more dynamic on offense with a switch.

This X 50.
    Sanchez is a proven BUM. His contract is way too high. Even at that, who would want him. He is probably the worst starter in the league and there are numerous backups better.
    Jets can keep him on the bench until his cap hit is tolerable or just cut him now and absorb another stupid mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Smith wasn't benched because he was playing poorly. In fact, he was playing to the level we wish Sanchez was. Good completion percentage, low turnover rate, game manager. The 49ers just had an athletic big play freak on the bench and realized they could be more dynamic on offense with a switch.
    That and Harbaugh probably noticed the fact that a QB who could actually win you games is needed to win a Super Bowl.

You can't win titles with your QB just "not losing you" games.

That hasn't worked since the Ravens won a Super Bowl with a defense on par with the '85 Bears. Which rule changes prevent from happening.

Sure, straight up? Why not ask to trade Bart Scott for Patrick Willis straight up and ask them to trade Justin Smith for Ellis.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I think his contract would be a hindrance in this trade.
    From what ive gathered, the Jets cant simply "pick up" a part of Marks contract to make him more desirable in a trade.

But i do agree.....SD, or SF would be a great place for Mark. Big Hispanic fan base there, and his home.

Do you really believe Latinos would root for Sanchez simply because he's of Mexican descent?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/I][/B]
    Do you really believe Latinos would root for Sanchez simply because he's of Mexican descent?
    Well, yes. To a certain degree.
    Is that racist of me?

The only way I can think of is if some other owner who is going into rebuild mode next year wants to do Woody a favor and take the hit in return for the same thing at some point further down the line...but I have no idea if such a thing ever happened before or if it is even plausible.

According to this there were at least 3 teams with 17 million or more in salary cap room in 2012. There were about 7 with 15 million or more. So not all teams max out every year. Someone could take the hit and cut him later. But again, it would have to be done as some sort of favor.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 12-19-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    What's to be gained in a my bust for your bust deal??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Why in God's name would SF agree to this trade?
    THIS

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    What's to be gained in a my bust for your bust deal??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Alex Smith is no where near being a bust... Sanchez on the other hand has to work his way up to be bust.