Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

PSL Exodus is coming.....

This Sunday will start a very interesting period in Jet history that has not happened before - it will mark the start of the exodus of Jet fans from the new stadium. Tickets will be for sale for dirt cheap on stub hub and there will be thousands of no shows....rebuild is not a tolerated thing by fans in a PSL/coaches club world....

Unless something drastic and unexpected is done, get ready for thousands of fans either dumping or worse - defaulting on their PSL payments. I know for a fact the Jets read this board and specifically these ticket threads. They are scared of what is going to happen this offseason and they should be. The pulse of many fans is to stop paying PSL payments and see what happens. Puts the Jets in a very tough spot of losing $ or suing thousands of their own fans. Jets offices are puffing their chest saying they will sue anyone who defaults on the payments - and legally they are correct - any PSL owner is on the hook for the payments as per the contract - but the PR nightmare/embarassment and time/hassle/expense of collecting through court is going to be awful.

I predict this will be a huge story in the offseason and this fear will be a factor in what Woody does with the current regime/QB. If Woody gets the pulse that the exodus is coming I believe changes will be made. Woody loves his money more than he loves Tanny and Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Any 'fan' who defaults on PSL payments just a few years after buying their tickets is a *****.

What did you think? That because you bought tickets and a PSL that meant the team had to run off 30 years of winning football?

Every franchise goes through their ups and downs. The Jets have just went through their most successful stretch in their history. It's time to rebuild. In today's NFL that could take as little as a year.

To jump ship now because 'boo hoo hoo, we're under .500 and aren't going to the playoffs!!!!' most likely means that you've not been a Jets fan for very long (and definitely not before 1998)

Jets Insider VIP
    Woody has a very shortsighted view of how to build a successful team and he is reaping what he has sown. Many chicken mistakes made in the hope of a quick Superbowl victory are now coming home to roost. Having run out of cliches, I am now signing off.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 12-19-2012 at 11:26 AM.

I agree as Im in for the next 30 yrs as I've been a ticket holder for the last 30...however from what I hear at the stadium and all around me is this is coming and shouldnt be ignored.

Bad economy + high price of PSL tix + lousy product = problem

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Any 'fan' who defaults on PSL payments just a few years after buying their tickets is a *****.

What did you think? That because you bought tickets and a PSL that meant the team had to run off 30 years of winning football?

Every franchise goes through their ups and downs. The Jets have just went through their most successful stretch in their history. It's time to rebuild. In today's NFL that could take as little as a year.

To jump ship now because 'boo hoo hoo, we're under .500 and aren't going to the playoffs!!!!' most likely means that you've not been a Jets fan for very long (and definitely not before 1998)

Not quite that simple. YOu can't ignore the fact that the Jets tickets were gonig for about $30/ticket during the season. Even good seats were going for 50% of face cost.

If you decide that you are going to take your season ticket money and put it aside, you are already saving 20% by only looking to pay for 8 games instead of 10. Then you consider any season where the Jets are even good the crappy games (Vs. non-sterling teams (NFC West, Jax, etc)) still go for face or less by gameday, you are saving money. Now consider that most fans don't make it to all the games.

At the end, you decide to pay for games on stubhub knowing that you'll take a hit for the premium games when the Jets are good, but otherwise get a deal on everything else you end up saving money for the home playoff game that may eventually come.

Maybe that makes me a *****, but just seems logical.

Veteran
    I have been very hard on the season ticket holders for various reasons, mostly the lack of energy in the stadium at home games. HOWEVER, I feel really bad for those that chose to make a big financial commitment to this franchise that has alienated us more in this one season than ever before. The ticket burning and Jets paraphernalia bonfires in the 70's are destined to happen again. The Jets lied to us. They treated us as though we are stupid. The Jets even robbed their fans of their hard earned money by taking advantage of their passion with the PSL's. This season is the first time I have ever questioned whether this team is worth it and I know many of you feel the same way.

Jets Insider VIP
    If the Jets read this board then listen up:

Fire Rex and Tanny. Hire Jay Gruden and develop an exciting offense that can score points.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    This Sunday will start a very interesting period in Jet history that has not happened before - it will mark the start of the exodus of Jet fans from the new stadium. Tickets will be for sale for dirt cheap on stub hub and there will be thousands of no shows....rebuild is not a tolerated thing by fans in a PSL/coaches club world....

Unless something drastic and unexpected is done, get ready for thousands of fans either dumping or worse - defaulting on their PSL payments. I know for a fact the Jets read this board and specifically these ticket threads. They are scared of what is going to happen this offseason and they should be. The pulse of many fans is to stop paying PSL payments and see what happens. Puts the Jets in a very tough spot of losing $ or suing thousands of their own fans. Jets offices are puffing their chest saying they will sue anyone who defaults on the payments - and legally they are correct - any PSL owner is on the hook for the payments as per the contract - but the PR nightmare/embarassment and time/hassle/expense of collecting through court is going to be awful.

I predict this will be a huge story in the offseason and this fear will be a factor in what Woody does with the current regime/QB. If Woody gets the pulse that the exodus is coming I believe changes will be made. Woody loves his money more than he loves Tanny and Rex.
    highly unlikely they are going to sue anyone who walks away from PSL unless it's someone who has a high priced PSL and a large number of them.

more likely some club PSL holders just walk away from their obligation (i suspect most of them have paid in full).

the issue for the Jets is they reached in terms of pricing. i expect no price increases again except for maybe the lower level good seats that are not clubs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    I agree as Im in for the next 30 yrs as I've been a ticket holder for the last 30...however from what I hear at the stadium and all around me is this is coming and shouldnt be ignored.

Bad economy + high price of PSL tix + lousy product = problem

i do agree that there is a problem - by pricing a lot of the average joe fans out when they build the new stadium, they have sold to a lot of fair weathered fans who dont really care much about the team. I see it around me as well.

i guess i was ranting more about anyone who claims they're a Jets fan, and even takes the time to post here, and then wants to abandon the team once they hit a rough spot.

as far as those fair weathered fans go.. the Jets do have the legal resources to go after anyone defaulting on their PSL payments, and I don't think they'd hesitate to use it... so Woody will have the $$$ in his hand. This issue is us ticket holders who are now holding tickets with little value in the next year +...

but that's always been the case with the Jets - when they're doing bad, you can't give your tickets away.. but when they're playing well, if you have decent seats, you can make a few bucks here and there on the resell.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Not quite that simple. YOu can't ignore the fact that the Jets tickets were gonig for about $30/ticket during the season. Even good seats were going for 50% of face cost.

If you decide that you are going to take your season ticket money and put it aside, you are already saving 20% by only looking to pay for 8 games instead of 10. Then you consider any season where the Jets are even good the crappy games (Vs. non-sterling teams (NFC West, Jax, etc)) still go for face or less by gameday, you are saving money. Now consider that most fans don't make it to all the games.

At the end, you decide to pay for games on stubhub knowing that you'll take a hit for the premium games when the Jets are good, but otherwise get a deal on everything else you end up saving money for the home playoff game that may eventually come.

Maybe that makes me a *****, but just seems logical.
    season tickets were never going to be a good value like in the old stadium where they essentially gave the upside to long time season ticket holders. the new stadium pricing was to eliminate this arbitrage.

but the pricing this season has been terrible. and frankly the record has been ok. but the big issue is that the games are boring. sure the hard core fans are going to go. but anyone else?

the club seats are 20% overpriced. same goes for the upper deck.

lower levels are priced pretty fairly to cheap.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

I agree 100%, however I understand for some people in this economy it is a better move to buy game by game at a discount for the games you want to attend.

In my situation our group of friends all moved their seats together in the new stadium (16 seats) and that prevents me picking and choosing what games to attend.

I have been a fan for the last 40 years and will be for life... I am hoping that if we get this on track we can build a strong team in 3-5 years and hopefully that will coincide with the departure of B&B and the Patriots downfall... maybe for the first time in my life we can be the dominant team in the AFC East....

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I have been very hard on the season ticket holders for various reasons, mostly the lack of energy in the stadium at home games. HOWEVER, I feel really bad for those that chose to make a big financial commitment to this franchise that has alienated us more in this one season than ever before. The ticket burning and Jets paraphernalia bonfires in the 70's are destined to happen again. The Jets lied to us. They treated us as though we are stupid. The Jets even robbed their fans of their hard earned money by taking advantage of their passion with the PSL's. This season is the first time I have ever questioned whether this team is worth it and I know many of you feel the same way.
    How did the Jets lie to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If the Jets read this board then listen up:

Fire Rex and Tanny. Hire Jay Gruden and develop an exciting offense that can score points.
    This is part of my point - if the buzz is fans are upset to the point where ticket $ will be at stake...woody will likely act. That has been his pattern....with Herm...Mangini...Favre...Rex.... Its not like the old days - he has to act and create excitement or it will be an empty stadium with his guys chasing fans dumping tix.

Its tough if not impossible to do a real rebuild in a PSL era

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    The Jets lied to us. They treated us as though we are stupid. The Jets even robbed their fans of their hard earned money by taking advantage of their passion with the PSL's.
    Fans lied to themselves. I was on the waiting list for 20 years, and refused to be taken for a sucker when they finally called my number.

My suggestion is start looking to sell shares for the regular season just for the tickets. Keep your playoff rights and hope you can sell a couple of regular season games at a premium and that the team has a playoff home game or two in the next 28 years.

A group revolt would be neat, not so sure how well it would work.

I was a faithful season tx holder for many years at the old stadium.. I liked the neighbors around me.

My first year in the new stadium I did not have as fun an experience as it seemed there was nothing but opposing fans in my section every game.. So I gave up the tix.. went to every game last year through stubhub and friends that wanted me to go and wound up saving a bundle..

I happened to move upstate ny and for the first time in over twenty years didn't go to any games.. THANK GOODNESS!! because the drive was just going to be a hassle..

But I will say the Jets called me EVERY frigging week trying to get me to buy tickets and come back..

Oh how I remember not too long ago as the ticket prices started to soar, when I had to scrounge the money together by the "season ticket" deadline or I was out of luck.. In some cases it was a close call.. And I would get no sympathy on the phone with the office people if I asked for a week extention.. They had plenty of people to take my place apparently ..

No more though.. They are begging me..

I plan to go to games next season again as long as some changes are made and I think they are positive ones.. But I will never EVER be a slave to season tix ever again...

Because one thing I found out.. Even when the Jets are good.. You can ALWAYS get tix under face since woody overvalued them so much...

If anything this is a buying opportunity.

Lower Level non-prime sideline seats I once read in sports business daily has the highest % mark up over face in secondary market.

People like aisle seats, seats in section closer to 50, right elevation or even the first few rows when buying seats on stubhub.

The vast majority of seats in LLEZ for instance are none of the above. Only way you sell your psl or your ticket is to be the cheapest price.

For instance LSL aisle by LSL prime only has like 36 aisle seats on the side closest to 40 yard line. Folks who like aisle closer to 50 pay up.

Folks looking to sit in a generic middle of the aisle middle of section LLEZ seat are cheapskates looking for a bargain, same goes for Mez B and UD EZ. Your ticket prices suck twice, once cause jets suck and once cause your seats suck.

Buying middle of aisle dripline mez B seats and thinking you were going to sell them above face regularly is not the jets on field performance, it is those are bad seats. Kinda like buying coaches club and being surprised you cant sell Sundays game for $700 bucks a ticket.

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously

more than 80 percent of STHs have fully paid for their PSLs

Browning Nagle is predicting though that because of a probably 7-9 season, a vast majority of these STH will throw away their paid up invested in some cases 10s of thousands of dollars by refusing to purchase season tickets that most have purchased for decades including the years the team finished with 3 and 1 win consecutively

There will be the usual departures from the UDers that happen every season win or lose...

And the usual turnover of 1 to 2 percent in the PSL seats that will happen every season win or lose

Assuming a STH has two LSL seats... Nobody in their right mind is defaulting on a 20000dollar investment to avoid paying 2900 dollars for 2013 tickets that can be resold for at least that amount and probably more on the secondary markets.

Games include, I believe the Steelers and the Saints along with the Patriots and the Dolphins which provide a strong and vibrant market for resales in which such a STH can get at least 70 percent of the annual ticket cost. Maybe there are a few morons who will default on their PSLs to save about 400-500 dollars on game day costs but "PSL Exodus"???only exists in the mind of Browning Nagel and nobody else IMO

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seriously

Browning Nagle is predicting though that because of a probably 7-9 season, a vast majority of these STH will throw away their paid up invested in some cases 10s of thousands of dollars by refusing to purchase season tickets that most have purchased for decades including the years the team finished with 3 and 1 win consecutively
    Well I had non PSL seats which made it a little easier.. But I would argue in those seasons where the Jets only won one and three games the ticket prices were at twentyfive dollars and we were not required to buy the bogus preseason games.. I also recall in 96 the Parcells rumors looming in the crowd with hope of better days coming..

For whatever reason it felt different back then.. Today's football is way to corporate compared to even sixteen short years ago..

Felt like management was too patient opposed to the reactionary management we have today.. We need a happy medium..

It just feels gimmicky now.. I can almost assure you Vick will be our QB next season as the circus will continue.. and Cap hell forever.. when the smarter approach would be to cut Sanchez, trade Revis, take the hit for the season and regroup for 2014..

Fans are not as impatient as the media lets on.. Otherwise we all would have jumped ship a long time ago..

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Is there a link to back up this statistic?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Is there a link to back up this statistic?
    not in front of me, but I read in one of our newspapers that 50 percent or more did not finance but paid for their PSLs upfront

Of the remaining 50 percent very few chose the 15 year financing at over 8 percent, Of those that chose 5 years they are either two or three years fully paid out of the five years payments at this time, depending on when they bought their PSLs

80 percent is probably a low number if anything

My personal example

3 PSLs, 2 fully paid, one 2/5 paid at this moment