Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    undecided about keeping my PSLs... 50/50 right now.
    Not me I told the JETS today after 30 plus years as a season ticket holder I was done.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where were your seats?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Tough to take the hit getting rid of them now. Actually going to take a look at possibly upgrading 4 of my tix to club seats for next year. Taking a look on Sunday at the club.
    The problem with the club seats is that you are $600+ in the hole for 2 PS games before the season even starts. Plus, if you have to sell a regular season game, it is very difficult to break even/profit.

With some of the better LL PSL's, the lower FV of the ticket makes the losses on PS games more reasonable and breaking even/profiting isn't impossible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    undecided about keeping my PSLs... 50/50 right now.
    Are yours paid in full?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Are yours paid in full?
    yes. for various reasons (new baby, friends not going as much, the team stinking), i only went to 3 games this season. lost about $800 on 2 seats in 129 on pre-season and 5 regular season games sold on 2 tix. not interested in continuing that for no real reason. figure i can sell my PSLs for maybe 500 each.. maybe more. i haven't looked into it much yet. then go the stubhub route. may keep them though... will decide in the Spring...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    a good friend of mine who used to share a game ticket with me put it best.

he said id much rather be at home surrounded by family and friends and people who want to watch the game instead of at the stadium with those being held hostage by woodys psls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is probably why most teams do not allow financing of PSLs. By allowing the stretching out of payments, fans will do just what some on this board are doing, stop paying.

The Giants did not finance their PSLs, I believe though they had a 2 payment option.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since I live in a country with 65 MPH speed limits I've never considered the bigger engine as a necessity. Its only a $3K uptick anyway, costs less than the Nav on my car. The 328i is considered a better handling car by reviewers; you would know this if you weren't busy changing your own oil on a Dodge.

Stick to what you know. If I need the cost of a case of mayonnaise at price-club, I'll let you know.

SAR I

SAR, your "club" seats are in the corner of the stadium, I think I recall you saying...no bragging rights there. Combined with your "3" series Beemer, I'd say that puts you in hoax-ville.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing drives me crazier than an upper decker challenging the financial outlay, commitment, and sacrifice of a PSL owner.

As an upper decker, you can drop out any time you like and you've lost nothing. You can take the next 2 years off, then re-up for season tickets in 2015 without missing a beat. Might even wind up with a better seats assignment in the process.

A PSL owner is in it for the long-haul, nowhere to turn when the team gets bad. I'm spending $5,000 a year on this team whether they are 14-2 or 2-14 caliber. And if I have the choice of watching the Jets lose 44-6 to the Patriots or getting 3x face value, sorry, I'm choosing 3x face value. At least until the team shows me something and plays inspired football.

Woody Johnson's mistake is our saving grace right now. The fact that he didn't put PSL's on 27,000 upper deck seats means that those fans can bail and he has to put a good product on the field in order to fill them. That wasn't the case in the always-sold-out Giants Stadium.

SAR I
    I won't bail though. Had my tickets since 1991. Couldn't afford a PSL and I would have had to go to less games to make it happen and hope I could sell off games. I'd rather go every week instead.

Selling off your tickets makes you a fair weather fan. Not someone dedicated each week to go out and cheer the team on.

Like I said it's like the guy who calls himself a devout Catholic or Jew by paying the membership fees but never shows up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    SAR, your "club" seats are in the corner of the stadium, I think I recall you saying...no bragging rights there. Combined with your "3" series Beemer, I'd say that puts you in hoax-ville.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    What someone like you thinks of me means nothing.

How much do you charge to fix a toilet?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

Selling off your tickets makes you a fair weather fan. Not someone dedicated each week to go out and cheer the team on.
    Selling off my tickets in a down-year makes me a smart fan.

I'm committed to giving the Jets a check for $5,000 a year for 30 years. Factor in inflation and increases, I'll be paying the Jets $200,000 to watch them play between now and 2040, so if I want to attend 4 games in a down year vs. 8 games in a good year I think I'm comfortable with that.

And, if you want to play the "fairweather fan" game, please feel free to write a check to the Jets for $201,000 and then you can tell me exactly what you think of me.

Savvy?

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    what season ticket holders choose to do with their tickets is their business.

when UDers bail this offseason, there will be enough new UDers to take their place so nobody will actually notice

If PSL holders want to bail and pee away whatever their investment to date is, that's fine too. There will be sufficient new buyers to take their place too

I'm not sure when I read that a PSL guy is not renewing what that means

If it means walking out and abandoning the part or all of the PSL you've already paid, that is not wise, financially in my opinion. Find a secondary market buyer for it and at least recoup part of your investment if your financial situation or short term anger is so bad that you need to get out

Whatever, the stadium will be sufficiently sold out next season, PSL seat owners with good seats will continue, for the vast majority, to be happy with their seats, the experience and live NFL football

massive PSL exodus or whatever the title for this thread

NOT happening

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are called the 3 Series, the 5 Series, etc.

There is also something called the 1 Series which is BMW's entry-level "starter" car as you like to call it.

Welcome to 2009. Let me know when you're ready to join us in 2012 and I'll begin the advanced lesson.

SAR I
    Haha, a 3 series is a starter. Stop debating it. 1 series don't sell.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ehhhh, I posted that I would never leave my seats a few weeks ago but, it's starting to become a financial burden. $2750 for 2 seats and parking plus $800 per year for a PSL payment. My PSL's are $4000 each. I'm thinking I'm kind of in a hole here. Anyone have any good (serious) advice on how to get rid of them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I won't bail though. Had my tickets since 1991. Couldn't afford a PSL and I would have had to go to less games to make it happen and hope I could sell off games. I'd rather go every week instead.

Like I said it's like the guy who calls himself a devout Catholic or Jew by paying the membership fees but never shows up.
    measuring a fan, by games personally attended, is borderline arrogant. No disrespect to you intended. What about families on LI with modest means? Those of us outside the NY area? Or...dare I say, people with real lives which include weddings, birthdays, children's events all of which could be more important than a JETS game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes. for various reasons (new baby, friends not going as much, the team stinking), i only went to 3 games this season. lost about $800 on 2 seats in 129 on pre-season and 5 regular season games sold on 2 tix. not interested in continuing that for no real reason. figure i can sell my PSLs for maybe 500 each.. maybe more. i haven't looked into it much yet. then go the stubhub route. may keep them though... will decide in the Spring...
    PM me your psl details

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    8 games, 4 seats, $125 per seat, $500 per game, $4,000 per season.

8 Games = $4,000 expense
    2 Elite Games = $2,000 income
    2 Dog Games = $500 income

$4,000 - $2,500 = $1,500 to attend remaining 4 games.

$1,500 / 16 seats = $94 out of pocket = below face.

I'll still go to half the games, will miss the elite games, will miss the dog games. The Saints come to town too, might be more income for that as an elite game as well.

SAR I
    The problem is that there really aren't going to be elite games any more and I would venture to say there weren't even this year. Which two games this year did you get $250 per seat?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fredmertz View Post
    The problem is that there really aren't going to be elite games any more and I would venture to say there weren't even this year. Which two games this year did you get $250 per seat?
    49ers. Last year, Miami.

The "elite" games mean that a team with a large, traveling fanbase comes to town with them, has nothing to do with the Jets performance. Pittsburgh, New England, Miami, and New Orleans look good for 2013. Two of those games will get me 2x face, the other two will get me more than face, subsidizes the other half of the games that I will attend.

My seats are in Row 1 of Mezz A adjacent to Club seats. My seats at 2x face value are cheaper than the Club seats at a modest 25% markup. My seats sell because a) they are Row 1 and b) they are always under the price of the Club seats adjacent to them. That's why I chose them.

If the Club seat owners start to sell below face I adjust my pricing accordingly, but I'm still at 1.5x or .5x over face for my tickets even when they lower theirs below face.

Row 1, adjacent to Club's, visitors side. Win.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    PM me your psl details
    PM sent.