Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hell yes, forgot that seeing how I've written off any competitive reasons to support the team until 2016.

Don't we actually want the hardest schedule possible in 2013 so we can get the #1 overall in the 2014 draft?

SAR I
    Ah, yes. The slow play. Root for a win vs Buffalo to set up a bigger debacle next year. That's how a Sith lord would play it...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Ah, yes. The slow play. Root for a win vs Buffalo to set up a bigger debacle next year. That's how a Sith lord would play it...
    I don't know college football, but here's what I do know:

Somewhere around 2016 both Tom Brady and Bill Belichick will be gone. And on that day we need to be 100% ready to get to 11 wins and take the AFC East.

So if there is a Great College Draft Year coming up in 2014 or 2015 it is imperative that we suck as badly has humanly possible the year prior so that we are in a position to get the #1 overall pick and burn it on a tight end.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Somewhere around 2016 both Tom Brady and Bill Belichick will be gone. And on that day we need to be 100% ready to get to 11 wins and take the AFC East.

So if there is a Great College Draft Year coming up in 2014 or 2015 it is imperative that we suck as badly has humanly possible the year prior so that we are in a position to get the #1 overall pick and burn it on a tight end.

SAR I
    It's just too bad that Tanny won't get replaced and because he will be desperate, will trade more picks for Michael Vick. Get ready for Vick and Sanchez and a season that will be just good enough not to get a top 5 draft pick in April 2014.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It's just too bad that Tanny won't get replaced and because he will be desperate, will trade more picks for Michael Vick. Get ready for Vick and Sanchez and a season that will be just good enough not to get a top 5 draft pick in April 2014.

We're just treading water until 2016, so next year is sort of a freebie. It's a bit liberating to write-off the Jets for a few seasons. Can't say we've been allowed to feel that way since 1996, something very relaxing about it.

Like that scene from Soylent Green, guy wants to end it all so he gets to pick out music, visuals, everything, nice way to be put out of one's misery.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We're just treading water until 2016, so next year is sort of a freebie. It's a bit liberating to write-off the Jets for a few seasons. Can't say we've been allowed to feel that way since 1996, something very relaxing about it.

Like that scene from Soylent Green, guy wants to end it all so he gets to pick out music, visuals, everything, nice way to be put out of one's misery.

SAR I
    Not really. I'm 16 years older and I'm no closer to the Super Bowl. Time is no longer on our side.

Forget draft order, much worse would be to win and finish 2nd -- and have to play the Colts instead of Titans and Chargers instead of Oakland in the two variable games.
    Good post...forgot about the schedule.

SAR I
    Are you saying Kyle Brady wasn't worth it?

Wait, if we lose wouldn't we finish last based on tiebreaker to buffalo going down to worse conference record? That would give us Jacks and KC...can somebody clarify, I'm not positive.

Not really. I'm 16 years older and I'm no closer to the Super Bowl. Time is no longer on our side.
    Time is no longer on YOUR side, but figure, there are a bunch of new Jets fans that were born like 4-6 years ago that are going to be growing up as little kids which will coincide with the new golden era of Jets football that is beginning somewhere around 2016, so at least that's a silver lining, right?

the best part of the season for season ticket holders was not getting a playoff ticket invoice in the mail.

jets fans can sit back relax and enjoy the playoffs again with nothing at stake..........

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the best part of the season for season ticket holders was not getting a playoff ticket invoice in the mail.

jets fans can sit back relax and enjoy the playoffs again with nothing at stake..........
    I also assume we will not be seeing a raise in ticket prices next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    highly unlikely i dont trust woody. wait and see.

i would wait till invoices are sent, you can never trust anything the Jets do

Jets second shoe to drop is when they did zero down lots of scalpers gobbled up loads of tickets with LLCs etc.

I am talking national scalpers. I got a brief glimpse into it kinda by accident. Two rows behind me a few feet closer to end zone a scalper always advertises those seats among with tons of others.

Anyhow he did one ad on ebay once and I emailed him and said once or twice a year I would like the seats and if you want to cut a deal I will buy them off you minus fees, easy sell I will pay pay you. Anyhow he took info we chatted for ten minutes.

Anyhow last week he called me out of blue to see if I want to buy those seats. It turns out he wants his equity plus a profit and I said no way, if you want to sell them to me for remaining balance call me back and I will talk to Jets to see if you can transfer loan. Only reason interested, it would give me five seats and I have five in my family and his seats are close to mine.

Anyhow goes into he has like 200 PSLs to Jets all no money down. None in his names various LLCs etc. Also said Jets sold him some "movie star" seats like row one LSL Jets side on aisle but in return he had to take some clunkers, they told him cant have all movie star seats. Anyhow he has some run of the mill TC, LLEZ, LGL he has no equity or is under water one. Said not to piss off Jets too much, is trying to dump some of the ones he is at breakeven or near break even on, keep the good ones and figure out how to default on the stinkers. Sounds like he wants to keep 100 seats.

If Jets strategy was to sell in bulk with zero down to scalpers it all works well in good times, for Giants it may work well forever. For Jets it would only work if we had at least 3-7 good seasons so scalpers has equity in all the seats.

Well sounds like Jets are going to get lots of seats back. Scalper basically said I am keep all low row, Jets side, closest to 50 seats in LGL and LSL and a few of same on visitors side and the others we shall see.

I am really in same boat. I have two ok UD seats and two great PSL seats. Next year I will be dropping the two UD seats. If people start triming seats considering Jets are not sold out look out below.

I still firmly believe Jets should for any defaulted PSLs give first dibs to PSL holders in that section when seats become available and allow them to do no money down and just pick up remaining loan balance. Heck even tell us we wont chase you on the psls you pick up if you default. I guess make that deal five year financing only so it limits downside risk. Plus who needs 15 year financing when you get it as such a discount.

the jets ticket office is a bunch of scheisters. longtime season ticket holders are screwed royally while others benefit from free parking no preseason food coupons you name it.

thanks woody and merry christmas enjoying watching real teams in the playoffs.

Nike

Jets Insider VIP
    Merry Christmas row one

Hope things are going well for you at scorebig

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

What would be nice is a DECREASE in ticket prices. They have the balls to increase them by $5 after a Wild Card appearance, then they should be reduced $5-10 after two consecutive let-downs. Want to fill the seats, Woody? Lower the prices and throw us PSL holders a bone while you're at it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    What would be nice is a DECREASE in ticket prices. They have the balls to increase them by $5 after a Wild Card appearance, then they should be reduced $5-10 after two consecutive let-downs. Want to fill the seats, Woody? Lower the prices and throw us PSL holders a bone while you're at it, too.
    wanna fix the mess. charge a psl for prime upper deck seats and lower the ticket prices for the entire stadium.

im against psls altogether but they are here to stay.

All League
    My $50 seats just got cheaper?

Maybe I can move down a few rows and over a few sections next yr...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Merry Christmas row one

Hope things are going well for you at scorebig

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    SG3, maybe I can pick up some PSLs near you, I heard you and 227 used your military discounts.

Just kidding, happy x-mas. And I am looking forward to my discounts from the jet next year for renewing.