Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you look at the big picture the Jets did the sports world a huge favor.

The PSL model is now dead.

No other team is going to go down this road especially when there are orginiations like the Patriots that show how this can be done without a PSL.

So thanks Woody Johnson you are a shining example of what not to do when it comes to owning a major league sports franchise. (Jeff Wilpon also)

Sent on a comodore 64
    using a Sony Trinitron

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post

No other team is going to go down this road especially when there are orginiations like the Patriots that show how this can be done without a PSL.

So thanks Woody Johnson you are a shining example of what not to do when it comes to owning a major league sports franchise. (Jeff Wilpon also)

Sent on a comodore 64
    using a Sony Trinitron
    The Patriots charge like $75 to park in a terrible situation (by all accounts), and they win about 14 games per year...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    them bastards should go broke, for what they did to the regular joe, jets fan

Another SOJF fairy tale

1/2 The "regular joe, jets fans" in my GS UD section, 25 years, weren't even jets fans or sold their seats to other teams fans, in good years and bad

The PIT game Clemens won might as well have been at Heinz field

Happens far far less now - SF game was an exception - yesterday had a good turnout for a team out of the running

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Clueless much?

Woody Johnson has sold what looks like 85% to 90% of every PSL in the house, all seats filled with very happy fans who were frozen out of good seats for decades, finally allowed to purchase the seats they want at the price they want to pay.

The PSL model works. I'm quite grateful for it.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    The Patriots charge like $75 to park in a terrible situation (by all accounts), and they win about 14 games per year...
    Mass would not give any money for a billionaire to pay millionaires to entertain 35,000 STH. The people that go to the game pay for the experience and not the other 6mill people in the state.

The state did however pay 125 mill for infrastructure consisting of sewers, roads and an exit ramp. The deal was that kraft will pay the state 1/2 of all parking revenues for 20 years. which they estimate is 20 events a year or 12 mill a year or about 240mill total. About 4% interest to the state.

I don't know what you mean by terrible, is it a 15-20 min walk to get to the gate from the farthest spot, yeah but if you got your 70 YO Dad or grandad with you, let them know and they will park you closer. It takes about 45min to 1 hour to get on 95 if you leave at the end of the game. But now a days, during good weather most just stay either in the lot or Patriot place,for those that have the extra money to spend.

leaving after night games however is a disaster when it can take 1 1/2 hours to get to 95

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lorwood....please

On the original stadium thread...he and Traitor Jay and Queens Zipcode Fan comprised the Trifecta of Doom about the new stadium...

Jet fans would reject PSLs entirely and there would be acres of unsold seats and TV blackouts because of them.

There were almost no Jet fans in Jersey and the stadium would be an empty white elephant because it wasn't in Queens

Only the Upper Deck would sell out and the two lower decks w ould be virtually empty because Woody hsd stabbed rhe average joe jet fan in the back with PSLs

Wrong of course on every count

First two levels w ith PSLs ....non club...sold out for three seasons

Demographic studies show a larger number of Jet fans live in NJ than in Queens/Long Island

Only area of stadium with annual turnovers and complaints about everybody...the Average Joe chesp seats with no PSLs

BUT despite being proven wrong about every stadium issue...some poster starts a baloney thread about phantom mass PSL exodus.

Here come Mo Curly and Larry again with more dire baloney

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Clueless much?

Woody Johnson has sold what looks like 85% to 90% of every PSL in the house, all seats filled with very happy fans who were frozen out of good seats for decades, finally allowed to purchase the seats they want at the price they want to pay.

The PSL model works. I'm quite grateful for it.

SAR I
    sold on paper. how many psl accounts are in default and soon to be in default. there were an awful lot of seats available throughout the season through brokers and the team itself in the psl zones way too many to say 85%-90% are sold out. im not buying those numbers its more lies from the jets ticket office.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sold on paper. how many psl accounts are in default and soon to be in default. there were an awful lot of seats available throughout the season through brokers and the team itself in the psl zones way too many to say 85%-90% are sold out. im not buying those numbers its more lies from the jets ticket office.
    Very few LL, Mezz A and B psl are open (est. 5% open or 1 in 20) you can see it at the games in person. Upper prime is filled and just the crappy seats in the endzone uppers in row 10 or so and higher have gaps along with some club seats.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Very few LL, Mezz A and B psl are open (est. 5% open or 1 in 20) you can see it at the games in person. Upper prime is filled and just the crappy seats in the endzone uppers in row 10 or so and higher have gaps along with some club seats.
    this doesnt mean the psls are sold on the seats it only means the game ticket is.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are all missing the point (or trying to ignore it) given the advent of the free ticket market the idea of a PSL is about as relevant as a compact disc. The Jets were at the tail end of the viability of the product and now any new venue will be built with the idea of the secondary ticket market in mind. Don't believe me? The NY Yankees just terminated their relationship with StubHub as it reeked havoc on their playoff ticket market last year. You can argue it or justify it all you want, but I or anybody else go go to any game without a PSL making it irrelevant. If you bought a PSL because you want to sit in the same seats and it gives you satisfaction feeling you are somehow a part of the team, more power to you. If you bought it as "investment gold" you might as well have purchased stock in eight track tape players. All fans should thank Woody Johnson as his bumbling single handily saved sports from falling over the fiscal cliff.

Sent from my morse code machine
    Using WW2 allied naval code.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are all missing the point (or trying to ignore it) given the advent of the free ticket market the idea of a PSL is about as relevant as a compact disc. The Jets were at the tail end of the viability of the product and now any new venue will be built with the idea of the secondary ticket market in mind. Don't believe me? The NY Yankees just terminated their relationship with StubHub as it reeked havoc on their playoff ticket market last year. You can argue it or justify it all you want, but I or anybody else go go to any game without a PSL making it irrelevant. If you bought a PSL because you want to sit in the same seats and it gives you satisfaction feeling you are somehow a part of the team, more power to you. If you bought it as "investment gold" you might as well have purchased stock in eight track tape players. All fans should thank Woody Johnson as his bumbling single handily saved sports from falling over the fiscal cliff.

Sent from my morse code machine
    Using WW2 allied naval code.
    oh great - another stadium thread from flushing meadow stadium petition signee # 57 of 310

NFL is not MLB, apples to oranges

if PSLs are dead, then how come 49ers fans are tripping over each other to buy PSLs for their new digs?

bottom line, values wax and wane, just more pathetic SOJF class/$ envy

speakin' o' wax, if PSL owners are buying 8-tracks SOJFs are in the wax cylinder era

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexa...y-investments/
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 12-25-2012 at 01:52 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Norwood shows up, you know it's time to end the thread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    if PSLs are dead, then how come 49ers fans are tripping over each other to buy PSLs for their new digs?
    psls arent dead they were just way overpriced for the quality of the product here on the field.

the 49ers are an up and coming team with a bright future and one of the best head coaches in the league.

sent from stomptalk 101...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the world of PSL's is so peaceful and all PSL owners are so happy, I'm really trying to understand the argument you're making because it would be good to have a fight now and then.

Nobody viewed a PSL as an investment. It was merely a price increase that needed to be paid in order to get tickets in the section that you wanted to sit in. Since most of us were frozen out of good locations and waiting 15 or 20 years in the old stadium, this was a very good deal. All of us were more than happy to pay. Had Leon Hess given us this opportunity back in the early 90s we all would've jumped on it in a heartbeat. $13 to sit in great seats and boot out some old timer? Sign me up. I might get some money back if I have to sell in 2020? Bonus!

The Yankees terminated their relationship with StubHub because StubHub was working for the Yankees. They were selling Yankee tickets that were unsold and undercutting the Yankees own box office. The Jets don't have that problem. StubHub exists only for other Jets fans to sell tickets they own, the Jets a handful of stragglers here and there. Very big difference. StubHub allowed me to get 2x face value for my 49ers tickets. StubHub also allowed me to get $50 per seat for the dog San Diego game. I don't need to eat tickets for games I can't attend anymore. StubHub is a godsend.

Everyone wins here. People with money who bought PSL's are in control, can decide which games they want to attend and which ones they want to sell at fair market value. People on a budget who could not afford PSL's can enjoy a healthy aftermarket and get some great bargains on games throughout the year.

Oh, and the point you are missing (or are trying to ignore it) is that there is a scarcity of licenses out there. You keep focusing in the seats, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about licenses.

There are only 43,000 PSL seats at MetLife Stadium to begin with, and with the average PSL owner having 3 seats that's only 14,000 seat licenses in existence. In a city the size of New York, having only 14,000 licenses available to transact will always make it a valuable commodity. If, say, the typical 2% turnover ocurrs, that's only 280 licenses per year that will be available for sale to thousands of people who want them.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the world of PSL's is so peaceful and all PSL owners are so happy, I'm really trying to understand the argument you're making because it would be good to have a fight now and then.

Nobody viewed a PSL as an investment. It was merely a price increase that needed to be paid in order to get tickets in the section that you wanted to sit in. Since most of us were frozen out of good locations and waiting 15 or 20 years in the old stadium, this was a very good deal. All of us were more than happy to pay. Had Leon Hess given us this opportunity back in the early 90s we all would've jumped on it in a heartbeat. $13 to sit in great seats and boot out some old timer? Sign me up. I might get some money back if I have to sell in 2020? Bonus!

The Yankees terminated their relationship with StubHub because StubHub was working for the Yankees. They were selling Yankee tickets that were unsold and undercutting the Yankees own box office. The Jets don't have that problem. StubHub exists only for other Jets fans to sell tickets they own, the Jets a handful of stragglers here and there. Very big difference. StubHub allowed me to get 2x face value for my 49ers tickets. StubHub also allowed me to get $50 per seat for the dog San Diego game. I don't need to eat tickets for games I can't attend anymore. StubHub is a godsend.

Everyone wins here. People with money who bought PSL's are in control, can decide which games they want to attend and which ones they want to sell at fair market value. People on a budget who could not afford PSL's can enjoy a healthy aftermarket and get some great bargains on games throughout the year.

Oh, and the point you are missing (or are trying to ignore it) is that there is a scarcity of licenses out there. You keep focusing in the seats, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about licenses.

There are only 43,000 PSL seats at MetLife Stadium to begin with, and with the average PSL owner having 3 seats that's only 14,000 seat licenses in existence. In a city the size of New York, having only 14,000 licenses available to transact will always make it a valuable commodity. If, say, the typical 2% turnover ocurrs, that's only 280 licenses per year that will be available for sale to thousands of people who want them.

SAR I
    Sar, c'mon you did post after post on how jet fans were going to be able to sell theirs licenses at a profit, even after years of use. PSLs were a way for the team to raise money and to the benefit of a more affluent fan base. But to say that you never posted that these could be considered a monetary investment is false. You pointed to the fact that Balt and Steeler fans have done so, while ignoring that those licenses were priced much less and to to a more rabid fanbase.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Sar, c'mon you did post after post on how jet fans were going to be able to sell theirs licenses at a profit, even after years of use. PSLs were a way for the team to raise money and to the benefit of a more affluent fan base. But to say that you never posted that these could be considered a monetary investment is false. You pointed to the fact that Balt and Steeler fans have done so, while ignoring that those licenses were priced much less and to to a more rabid fanbase.
    I did no such thing.

When challenged by the ignorant that Jets fans could lose money, I countered with the fact that no other teams' fanbases experienced a loss after purchasing PSL's. I also felt that some of these $25,000 PSL's and Club seats were ludicrous and would never sell, told fans to avoid them like the plague.

I posted that smart PSL buyers using their noggin's properly could wind up in PSL seats that would indeed retain their value and increase, myself included.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did no such thing.

When challenged by the ignorant that Jets fans could lose money, I countered with the fact that no other teams' fanbases experienced a loss after purchasing PSL's. I also felt that some of these $25,000 PSL's and Club seats were ludicrous and would never sell, told fans to avoid them like the plague.

I posted that smart PSL buyers using their noggin's properly could wind up in PSL seats that would indeed retain their value and increase, myself included.

SAR I
    they havent increased and with a season like we just had id say they decreased drastically.

smart educated psl owners who dont have thier heads in thier azzes even realize this.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Don't get the haters mixed up with facts.

I have eight PSL's and just called the Jets the other day to see if I could upgrade my two $2.5 k end zone PSL's (sec 128) that I'm not thrilled with. ( I bought them from a former employee of mine who was in a bad way financially). Anyway I have four in sec 135 and two in 111a - low rows and was looking to add on. The rep said they only had scattered high row ( middle of rows) here and there. I inquired about neighboring sections as well, to possibly connect with firends in those sections and it was the same deal.

When I use stubhub or ticket exchange for extras, I average 2x face on 135 and 2.5x face on 111A. The section 128, although aisle, not so good ....sold all games this year and lost 5%. I primarily use my 135s and love knowing those are my seats and have gotten friendly with a few people around me the last couple of years.

This was a bad year, there is no doubt. It goes with the territory. We will not compete for a title every year. The giants were in a big uptick this year after the championship, as reflected in secondary market prices. For the Jets, our non premium games were not valuable this season, especially if not sold early in the season. Believe me, if the Giants go bad and the Jets get good, prices will reflect accordingly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did no such thing.

SAR I
    No you did not, you kept on maintaining the same spiel even when the "best' $4000 seats were long gone. Great, it worked out for you and I am honestly very happy for you. You were a loyal jet fan, but one who did not appreciate a nose bleed seat at the game in the old stadium. But your constant references to "investment gold" to fans who were on the fence to buy 6 months after your purchase of what may be considered "value" seating later contradicts your post.

I don't recall you ever saying that if you don't get one of the lets say 5000 value seats your not likely to see an appreciation in value. The best 5000 seats were gone in weeks after that the seats were on sale. The seats that remained during the 1 year long thread consisted of seats that the holders were lucky to get face value.
    You made many references to the 50,000 person waiting list that will create such a demand for tickets that the psl holders would be able to parcel out the less attractive games to pay for the ST.

When has a giant ticket holder ever had difficulty getting face plus for a ticket. Their preseason games not against the jets have fans in all the seats, something even the pats don't do.
    Last edited by patman; 12-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    they havent increased and with a season like we just had id say they decreased drastically.

smart educated psl owners who dont have thier heads in thier azzes even realize this.
    LOL - you really are something else.. coming from the guy who bought PSL's to only lose thousands of dollars months later. Talk about brilliant business sense...You are a joke.