Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No you did not, you kept on maintaining the same spiel even when the "best' $4000 seats were long gone. Great, it worked out for you and I am honestly very happy for you. You were a loyal jet fan, but one who did not appreciate a nose bleed seat at the game in the old stadium. But your constant references to "investment gold" to fans who were on the fence to buy 6 months after your purchase of what may be considered "value" seating later contradicts your post.
    Go find me the posts. Post the links right here. Show me where I said "any PSL in the whole joint is worth getting including Mezz B and Club Seats".

Go for it.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Don't get the haters mixed up with facts.

I have eight PSL's and just called the Jets the other day to see if I could upgrade my two $2.5 k end zone PSL's (sec 128) that I'm not thrilled with. ( I bought them from a former employee of mine who was in a bad way financially). Anyway I have four in sec 135 and two in 111a - low rows and was looking to add on. The rep said they only had scattered high row ( middle of rows) here and there. I inquired about neighboring sections as well, to possibly connect with firends in those sections and it was the same deal.

When I use stubhub or ticket exchange for extras, I average 2x face on 135 and 2.5x face on 111A. The section 128, although aisle, not so good ....sold all games this year and lost 5%. I primarily use my 135s and love knowing those are my seats and have gotten friendly with a few people around me the last couple of years.

This was a bad year, there is no doubt. It goes with the territory. We will not compete for a title every year. The giants were in a big uptick this year after the championship, as reflected in secondary market prices. For the Jets, our non premium games were not valuable this season, especially if not sold early in the season. Believe me, if the Giants go bad and the Jets get good, prices will reflect accordingly.
    Precisely.

There is so much misinformation and so many misinterpretations of the facts it's astounding. The people arguing against PSL's don't even understand what they are. The people who are pro-StubHub don't even understand that it's the PSL owners that are making their pay-per-game strategy even possible.

The fact that upper deck and Club seats go unsold doesn't mean a damned thing to me and my seats, nor do they you or your seats. People who want to sit up in the nosebleeds aren't my customer anyway, and unsold Club seats help us on resale- the more $175-250 seats that show up on StubHub the easier it is for me to get $150 for mine.

There are only 14,000 license owners out there. That's it. If a future season-ticket fan doesn't want the upper deck and doesn't want Club yet wants consistent seats, come to papa.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Go find me the posts. Post the links right here. Show me where I said "any PSL in the whole joint is worth getting including Mezz B and Club Seats".

Go for it.

SAR I
    I did not say you said it, I just said that you continued the same investment gold spiel to anyone that was on the fence including guys in mezz b. The only
    caveat I can remember you saying was be careful of the drip zone. And you are correct that you did not suggest that private fans purchase club seats.

Only mistake was not charging a psl for ud

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I did not say you said it, I just said that you continued the same investment gold spiel to anyone that was on the fence including guys in mezz b. The only
    caveat I can remember you saying was be careful of the drip zone. And you are correct that you did not suggest that private fans purchase club seats.
    You're a Patriots fan and someone that I do not recall participating at all in the epic Stadium Thread.

It's there, it's searchable, you're making accusations, back 'em up.

What you'll find are lots of posts where I'm saying "PSL's are not an investment, they are just a price increase, cost of a beer & a hot dog".

I myself felt, and still do, that I'm in a section that is indeed PSL Gold. But it doesn't matter because I'm never going to sell them. That $16,000 I spent back in 2009 didn't hurt then and it doesn't hurt now. Most people spend that much on a decent winter vacation, chump change.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Only mistake was not charging a psl for ud
    Woody's mistake back then saves us a bit now. He's got to put a decent product on the field or risk 10,000 of those 27,000 fans up there bailing on their season ticket agreements.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    LOL - you really are something else.. coming from the guy who bought PSL's to only lose thousands of dollars months later. Talk about brilliant business sense...You are a joke.
    im no joke you are.

i got over my loss you should too.

i also still own 4 psls but i didnt buy them thinking it was a good investment and anyone who did i have a bridge to sell you or some swamp land pm me i take paypal.

You're a Patriots fan and someone that I do not recall participating at all in the epic Stadium Thread.

It's there, it's searchable, you're making accusations, back 'em up.

What you'll find are lots of posts where I'm saying "PSL's are not an investment, they are just a price increase, cost of a beer & a hot dog".

I myself felt, and still do, that I'm in a section that is indeed PSL Gold. But it doesn't matter because I'm never going to sell them. That $16,000 I spent back in 2009 didn't hurt then and it doesn't hurt now. Most people spend that much on a decent winter vacation, chump change.

SAR I
    Sar, you are correct in that you equated the cost of a psl to a beer and a hot dog on a per game basis. All I am saying is that you kept using the term investment gold to guys who were on the fence long after the "good seats", were sold, inferring a monetary increase in value. I think accusation is a bad word to use, I do want you any any poster to think that i believe you did something wrong which the term accusation entails. This is a football forum, it seems like you lawyer up a lot in a forum to discuss football.

Sar, you are correct in that you equated the cost of a psl to a beer and a hot dog on a per game basis. All I am saying is that you kept using the term investment gold to guys who were on the fence long after the "good seats", were sold, inferring a monetary increase in value. I think accusation is a bad word to use, I do want you any any poster to think that i believe you did something wrong which the term accusation entails. This is a football forum, it seems like you lawyer up a lot in a forum to discuss football.
    there isnt a good seat in the house even if it was free with the way this team is playing.

sports tickets are a gamble when you sign up for season tickets and psls. its like rolling the dice at ac you either win or lose there is no middle of the road.

until the jets win a super bowl the psls are worthless. investment gold.

Woody's mistake back then saves us a bit now. He's got to put a decent product on the field or risk 10,000 of those 27,000 fans up there bailing on their season ticket agreements.

SAR I
    bigger issue is coaches club. Even paid off PSLs unless they are in first few rows and near 50 they may bail.

A 20K PSL in the part of Coaches club on the 35 yard line near the 15K psls is not worth keeping at $700 a ticket even if paid off.

Jets UD EZ and UD sideline seats and even UD prime above row 20 are not worth it with preseason baked in and UD Mezz sideline is not worth it.

Only maybe 35,000 seats make financial sense to own in either a psl or season ticket

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    psls arent dead they were just way overpriced for the quality of the product here on the field.

the 49ers are an up and coming team with a bright future and one of the best head coaches in the league.

sent from stomptalk 101...
    more like sent from chumptalk, gmc

nothing is promised to any of us least of all championship teams

when NM opened the Jets were in the SB hunt-when you are one of the final 4 standing you are a quality team

read the forbes link again, psl values will rise and fall with team fortunes, MIN and ATL will have them too whether they are good or not, they are needed to pay for the overpriced players

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I used to post up a map that showed the seats that remain after you subtract the upper deck (too high), the end zones (too far back), and the Club seats (too expensive) and what was left was less than 30,000 seats in the whole stadium that anyone would want to sit in anyway.

So if one could get a few of those select seats for a good PSL and gameday ticket price, it was a good choice.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

when NM opened the Jets were in the SB hunt-when you are one of the final 4 standing you are a quality team

read the forbes link again, psl values will rise and fall with team fortunes, MIN and ATL will have them too whether they are good or not, they are needed to pay for the overpriced players

Obviously not all PSLs are investment gold

For example I know of one reported PSL holder who parlayed excellent sidelines mezz club seats into below average lower endzones. He not only lost 30K in the process but can't even use his end zone seats until next season

Actually on further review while they weren't investment gold for this guy...( he could have bought a gently used GMC Truck with that dough).I guess they were for the scalper he dealt with.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 12-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Obviously not all PSLs are investment gold

For example I know of one reported PSL holder who parlayed excellent sidelines mezz club seats into below average lower endzones. He not only lost 30K in the process but can't even use his end zone seats until next season

Actually on further review while they weren't investment gold for this guy...( he could have bought a gently used GMC Truck with that dough).I guess they were for the scalper he dealt with.

My seats in secondary go for a lot more than I paid

Psl gold

However unless you had connections got lucky or great seniority you ended up with so so seats

Row one mez corners on aisle did not just fall into SARS lap he worked it

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    My seats in secondary go for a lot more than I paid

Psl gold

However unless you had connections got lucky or great seniority you ended up with so so seats

Row one mez corners on aisle did not just fall into SARS lap he worked it
    Agree

Which is why you don't see the STHs with good seats (LSL and EZ Mezz A) doing much complaining or worrying about PSL exodus or such nonsense.

Those who made wise choices get to see the games they see from great seats with reasonable gameday prices and when they need to sell as I did for two games this season they get profitable secondary market returns. I got face for one preseason game and 75 percent for the other and netted 275 for one Bills game ticket and 332 for the Thankgiving night buttfumble game for my 145 face value seats.

Go for it.

SAR I
    Show me the post where I guaranteed 12 wins- SHOW ME!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

ok chumptalk and not gmc...........now maybe you'll comprehend what im trying to say here........

ive taken my loss like a man now only if more of you guys would do the same. instead of coming here and defending your so called investment and ridiculing others. arent we all in the same boat?

overpriced players should not be on the backs of the fans. neither should $11 beers and $7 hot dogs. sooner or later some of you will actually get it. woody screwed us all royally. 2 teams in 1 stadium 16 regular season home 4 preseason games no other stadium in the nfl wreaks so much profit than metlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ok chumptalk and not gmc...........now maybe you'll comprehend what im trying to say here........

ive taken my loss like a man now only if more of you guys would do the same. instead of coming here and defending your so called investment and ridiculing others. arent we all in the same boat?

overpriced players should not be on the backs of the fans. neither should $11 beers and $7 hot dogs. sooner or later some of you will actually get it. woody screwed us all royally. 2 teams in 1 stadium 16 regular season home 4 preseason games no other stadium in the nfl wreaks so much profit than metlife.
    To follow up, got my Dad passes for the club on Sunday, and he was not impressed. Thought it was much to do about nothing...

and the best way to avoid the food prices is to tailgate before so you do not have to buy food in the stadium....

Jets Insider VIP
    Cmon guys...

I pissed away 30 thousand bucks to land Lower level end zone seats next season!!! You stupid guys need to join my one man season ticket stock market crash crusade NOW!!!!!!

Love you guys and my truck

Sincerely

GMCjets AKA the sneaker guy

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    To follow up, got my Dad passes for the club on Sunday, and he was not impressed. Thought it was much to do about nothing...

and the best way to avoid the food prices is to tailgate before so you do not have to buy food in the stadium....
    That's why no one buys Club seats. They are designed for corporations as an inexpensive alternative to a Suite.

Tailgating is a disappearing practice, soon to join the likes of vinyl records and paper books. Young kids don't understand it and don't want any part of it having been educated to the vices of smoking, drinking, and drug use since elementary school. And could anything be more uncool? Watching dad and his 60 year old friends dress up like high schoolers and listen to bad 70's music?

SAR I