Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 979

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

  1. #361
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I want out, you want to buy mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    +1.

    Take 'em off my hands, please.
    Instead of selling your PSL's, just sell next years season tickets as one package.

    You can list them right now on eBay, keep them up there for a few months, and by the time July rolls around someone will take your tickets from you at face value and you'll break even. The season after that, same thing. But in a few years the Jets will be better again and then you'll enjoy going to the games.

    A PSL is a 30 year commitment. We all know the Jets can't be good for all 30 years. If after 10 years or 15 years you want to sell your license, you'll be able to make a profit. No need to take a loss this early in the game. Sell individual seasons for a few seasons first.

    SAR I

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    new york jets psls are not for profit not now not next year not ten years from now. stop the lies. only one profiting off of psls is woody johnson.

    why is it folks need to defend thier purchase by coating it with sugar. we bought psls so be it win or lose. its the chance you take.

    i lost so what. others will lose too. no one will profit thats a fact jack.

  3. #363
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,943
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will re-sell defaulted seats at the current PSL prices. The only defaulted PSL seats I could see them go after are the higher club seats since those seats less demand.

    BTW I don't like to see brokers getting into the act here at all. The old stadium was full of brokered seats causing a transient atmosphere. I assumed the PSL's would diminish the brokers, I guess I was wrong.

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Instead of selling your PSL's, just sell next years season tickets as one package.

    You can list them right now on eBay, keep them up there for a few months, and by the time July rolls around someone will take your tickets from you at face value and you'll break even. SAR I
    A few months? LOL Obviously you know nothing about eBay. There are listing fees you have to pay(10 days is one fee unless you have an eBay store which costs a bit to have), then selling fees, and on top of that, if one uses PayPal, you have to pay their fees as well. There is NO breaking even on Jets tickets unless they sell the first listing for a good profit off face to offset the listing/paypal fees, which will not happen for some time now. You lose every which way. Then again, for someone with your "income", wtf do you care anyway.

    I say dump your tickets and let the rich folks have a go at the Jets now. Take the loss if you are a PSL owner and get out now. Let Woody deal with his junk product and junk stadium. Let those rich folks have their stadium that they watch television at in their little private clubs. It`ll be great to see that stadium empty and Jets tickets as worthless as they always were.

  5. #365
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Instead of selling your PSL's, just sell next years season tickets as one package.

    You can list them right now on eBay, keep them up there for a few months, and by the time July rolls around someone will take your tickets from you at face value and you'll break even. The season after that, same thing. But in a few years the Jets will be better again and then you'll enjoy going to the games.

    A PSL is a 30 year commitment. We all know the Jets can't be good for all 30 years. If after 10 years or 15 years you want to sell your license, you'll be able to make a profit. No need to take a loss this early in the game. Sell individual seasons for a few seasons first.

    SAR I
    You don't believe the Jets will be in the same stadium in 15 years do you?

  6. #366
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You don't believe the Jets will be in the same stadium in 15 years do you?
    Of course they will. The last stadium lasted from 1976 to 2008.

    The PSL agreement is for 30 years. That's what we signed up for. It's a two-way commitment. The Jets and Giants have a responsibility to keep the stadium in great condition, I'm not worried that it'll fall apart due to neglect or obsolescence within the next 27 seasons.

    SAR I

  7. #367
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Band A few months? LOL Obviously you know nothing about eBay. There are listing fees you have to pay(10 days is one fee unless you have an eBay store which costs a bit to have), then selling fees, and on top of that, if one uses PayPal, you have to pay their fees as well. There is NO breaking even on Jets tickets unless they sell the first listing for a good profit off face to offset the listing/paypal fees, which will not happen for some time now. You lose every which way. Then again, for someone with your "income", wtf do you care anyway.

    The majority of the eBay fees are upon a successful sale, not just for listing. So long as you create a listing that isn't too robust, it's a few dollars a week to have it listed and create impressions over time.

    Personally, I'd go Craigslist as its free and you can list as often as you like. You need to know a bit of HTML to get a robust presentation, but it's not hard.

    I say dump your tickets and let the rich folks have a go at the Jets now. Take the loss if you are a PSL owner and get out now. Let Woody deal with his junk product and junk stadium. Let those rich folks have their stadium that they watch television at in their little private clubs. It`ll be great to see that stadium empty and Jets tickets as worthless as they always were.

    There are only 16,000 seat licenses in existence and they are in the hands of fans who waited decades for the right to buy good seats and throw old timers out. None of them were stupid enough to expect 30 consecutive winning seasons and none of them are going to bail on the Jets because they look like a mess right now.

    Whatever grudge you have with Woody Johnson has no place here. You don't own PSL's, you aren't a season ticket holder, you have no clue how happy we are to spend $13 per game for the right to have our own seats without being frozen out by old timers. And if you're one of those old timers, great, you get what you deserve now. You had it good for 30 years in Giants Stadium, enjoy the lousy cheap seats in MetLife Stadium for the next 30.

    SAR I

  8. #368
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    The Jets will re-sell defaulted seats at the current PSL prices. The only defaulted PSL seats I could see them go after are the higher club seats since those seats less demand.

    BTW I don't like to see brokers getting into the act here at all. The old stadium was full of brokered seats causing a transient atmosphere. I assumed the PSL's would diminish the brokers, I guess I was wrong.
    There are so few defaulted PSL seats its not worth discussing. There are fewer than 16,000 license owners, so if the customary 1% or 2% turn over due to death/relocation/etc. its a whopping 100 to 200 fans who will opt-out this season, hardly noteworthy.

    The stadium seats 82,500. The problem, if there is a problem at all, are the upper deck seats where fly-by-night fans can take off anytime they want as they have no PSL tying them to the team. You want to talk about those people, fine.

    Talking about "mass PSL defections" is ludicrous.

    SAR I

  9. #369
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Of course they will. The last stadium lasted from 1976 to 2008.

    The PSL agreement is for 30 years. That's what we signed up for. It's a two-way commitment. The Jets and Giants have a responsibility to keep the stadium in great condition, I'm not worried that it'll fall apart due to neglect or obsolescence within the next 27 seasons.

    SAR I
    You have committed to paying whatever they tell you to pay, for whatever product they put on the field. Which is fine if that's what you want, but to talk about it like its a good deal is foolish. Talk about a depreciating asset. It's that only investment guaranteed to be worthless after 30 years.

  10. #370
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You have committed to paying whatever they tell you to pay, for whatever product they put on the field. Which is fine if that's what you want, but to talk about it like its a good deal is foolish. Talk about a depreciating asset. It's that only investment guaranteed to be worthless after 30 years.
    As a season ticket holder in Giants Stadium, I didn't have a PSL so I didn't have rights to my seats. The Jets could have thrown me out any time they wanted to. The Jets raised ticket prices from $13 in 1982 to $110 in 2008 during my time there.

    As a PSL owner in MetLife Stadium, I have a PSL so I don't have to worry about the Jets relocating me. The Jets have only raised prices $5 in the three seasons we've been there, it's likely they won't raise prices this season or next either. I experienced increases from $13 to $110 so seeing my $125 seats eventually grow to $199 is not going to surprise me, not something I'm unprepared for.

    The only things in life that can be called "depreciating assets" are investments. Not a PSL owner alive ever viewed his PSL purchase as an "investment". Rather, it was nothing more than a price increase, a blackmail scheme to get fans into seats they really wanted. This is true of every NFL team, not like the Jets (and Giants) invented this concept.

    There are only two things that matter about the PSL situation, and both are good:

    1. It was a mechanism that forced the old timers out of their seats so younger fans with money could get them.

    2. Every other NFL team has seen it's PSL values increase over time so those who want out prior to Year 30 stand to get their money back or make a bit of profit.

    I think back to myself in 1988, a 24 year old kid with a great job and the ability to purchase a set of pricey Jets tickets. But I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to. Old timers infested Giants Stadium and wouldn't get out. I called the Jets front office, I offered them 2x face value to get me into a decent view, they laughed. Eventually, I discovered eBay and found a blue collar geezer who was on a fixed income, paid him $10,000 for a postcard so he could transfer his seats to my name. That was 2001. I waited 13 long seasons buying seats in the parking lot or scouring Newsday for broker deals because these other bastards who didn't like the team were squatting in their seats because they had resale value. I felt fortunate to live in a world with eBay because it enabled me to get in touch with another Jets fan to whom I could blackmail out of his seats.

    Ask any PSL owner on this site. Go ahead, ask them. They'll tell you that they were happy to pay their PSL fee because it meant they could get the seats they wanted after decades of being c-blocked by geezers. We're in this for 30 years, not 3. It doesn't matter that the road ahead looks tough for awhile; we're not stupid. This is not unexpected.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 12-27-2012 at 07:43 PM.

  11. #371
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    A few months? LOL Obviously you know nothing about eBay. There are listing fees you have to pay(10 days is one fee unless you have an eBay store which costs a bit to have), then selling fees, and on top of that, if one uses PayPal, you have to pay their fees as well. There is NO breaking even on Jets tickets unless they sell the first listing for a good profit off face to offset the listing/paypal fees, which will not happen for some time now. You lose every which way. Then again, for someone with your "income", wtf do you care anyway.

    I say dump your tickets and let the rich folks have a go at the Jets now. Take the loss if you are a PSL owner and get out now. Let Woody deal with his junk product and junk stadium. Let those rich folks have their stadium that they watch television at in their little private clubs. It`ll be great to see that stadium empty and Jets tickets as worthless as they always were.
    Since I don't live in the States, I sell my entire season ticket package, with parking, at face, on Ebay every year. I loose about 200 bucks. (after ebay & paypal fee) Big F'n deal!

  12. #372
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As a season ticket holder in Giants Stadium, I didn't have a PSL so I didn't have rights to my seats. The Jets could have thrown me out any time they wanted to. The Jets raised ticket prices from $13 in 1982 to $110 in 2008 during my time there.

    As a PSL owner in MetLife Stadium, I have a PSL so I don't have to worry about the Jets relocating me. The Jets have only raised prices $5 in the three seasons we've been there, it's likely they won't raise prices this season or next either. I experienced increases from $13 to $110 so seeing my $125 seats eventually grow to $199 is not going to surprise me, not something I'm unprepared for.

    The only things in life that can be called "depreciating assets" are investments. Not a PSL owner alive ever viewed his PSL purchase as an "investment". Rather, it was nothing more than a price increase, a blackmail scheme to get fans into seats they really wanted. This is true of every NFL team, not like the Jets (and Giants) invented this concept.

    There are only two things that matter about the PSL situation, and both are good:

    1. It was a mechanism that forced the old timers out of their seats so younger fans with money could get them.

    2. Every other NFL team has seen it's PSL values increase over time so those who want out prior to Year 30 stand to get their money back or make a bit of profit.

    I think back to myself in 1988, a 24 year old kid with a great job and the ability to purchase a set of pricey Jets tickets. But I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to. Old timers infested Giants Stadium and wouldn't get out. I called the Jets front office, I offered them 2x face value to get me into a decent view, they laughed. Eventually, I discovered eBay and found a blue collar geezer who was on a fixed income, paid him $10,000 for a postcard so he could transfer his seats to my name. That was 2001. I waited 13 long seasons buying seats in the parking lot or scouring Newsday for broker deals because these other bastards who didn't like the team were squatting in their seats because they had resale value.

    Ask any PSL owner on this site. Go ahead, ask them. They'll tell you that they were happy to pay their PSL fee because it meant they could get the seats they wanted after decades of being c-blocked by geezers. We're in this for 30 years, not 3. It doesn't matter that the road ahead looks tough for awhile; we're not stupid. This is not unexpected.

    SAR I
    Hear, hear. SAR I is absolutely right. This is not an asset, it's an entertainment option. I love my seats, and the fact that I can bring my 13-year old daughter to a game without being assaulted by creeps.

  13. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Of course they will. The last stadium lasted from 1976 to 2008.

    The PSL agreement is for 30 years. That's what we signed up for. It's a two-way commitment. The Jets and Giants have a responsibility to keep the stadium in great condition, I'm not worried that it'll fall apart due to neglect or obsolescence within the next 27 seasons.

    SAR I
    I'd like to see the language in the PSL contract that details specifically what the team must do to "keep the stadium in great condition" and avoid "obsolescence" for the next 27 years.

    I have no doubt they are required to provide you those seats for that time period, but the rest sounds like wishful thinking to me. You have no protection that you won't be sitting in an outdated crap hole in 20+ years.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 12-27-2012 at 07:50 PM.

  14. #374
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    Hear, hear. SAR I is absolutely right. This is not an asset, it's an entertainment option. I love my seats, and the fact that I can bring my 13-year old daughter to a game without being assaulted by creeps.
    It's amazing we have to keep having these ridiculous arguments with fans who don't attend games, sit in mom's basement with a bag of pretzels.

    My PSL's cost me $16,000 in 2008. To put that in reference:

    Over 30 years, my PSL's cost me $533 a year or $44 a month.

    - A pack a day smoker spends $4,380 a year or $365 a month.

    - A weekend beer drinker spends $1,040 a year or $87 a month.

    - A dog owner spends $3,000 a year or $250 a month.

    - A guy who eats lunch with friends every day spends $3,600 a year or $300 a month.

    - A guy who gets a coffee and a bagel each morning spends $1,800 a year or $150 a month.

    - A wife who goes to the hair stylist every 6 weeks spends $1,800 per year or $150 a month.

    I could go on, but it boggles the mind as to why so many people care so much about my $44 monthly outlay when they are putting out a boatload more on vices like smoking, drinking, eating, dog ownership, you name it.

    It's nothing. It's chump-change. Enough with the endless questions and challenges. Shut up.

    SAR I

  15. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    Hear, hear. SAR I is absolutely right. This is not an asset, it's an entertainment option. I love my seats, and the fact that I can bring my 13-year old daughter to a game without being assaulted by creeps.
    I'm thankful that the new stadium allowed me after 25 years to escape ftom the crummy upper deck of the Giant's rusting old dump to great seats in thei lower sidelines.

    The only STHs unhappy are those that chose high rows in the UD to avoid PSLs as low as 2500 bucks and some of those who chose club seats with very high gameday costs

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatal

  16. #376
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'd like to see the language in the PSL contract that details specifically what the team must do to "keep the stadium in great condition" and avoid "obsolescence" for the next 27 years.

    I have no doubt they are required to provide you those seats for that time period, but the rest sounds like wishful thinking to me. You have no protection that you won't be sitting in an outdated crap hole in 20+ years.
    ....and I don't care because it can't possibly be worse than crapholes like Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium, Foxboro Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Qualcomm Stadium, and every other broken down old stadium in the NFL.

    There isn't a single situation, financial or practical, that you can find with PSL's in MetLife Stadium that didn't have precedent in Giants Stadium. Nothing has changed. Nothing. Just spent $13 a game for the right to throw out some blue collar geezer who was squatting in the seats I wound up with. That's less than the cost of a hot dog and a beer at a Jets game. BFD.

    Go start a thread about pack-a-day smokers or weekend beer-drinkers; they're really wasting money. Don't you worry about how I spend my fun money. I'm good, thanks.

    SAR I

  17. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ....and I don't care because it can't possibly be worse than crapholes like Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium, Foxboro Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Qualcomm Stadium, and every other broken down old stadium in the NFL.

    There isn't a single situation, financial or practical, that you can find with PSL's in MetLife Stadium that didn't have precedent in Giants Stadium. Nothing has changed. Nothing. Just spent $13 a game for the right to throw out some blue collar geezer who was squatting in the seats I wound up with. That's less than the cost of a hot dog and a beer at a Jets game. BFD.

    Go start a thread about pack-a-day smokers or weekend beer-drinkers; they're really wasting money. Don't you worry about how I spend my fun money. I'm good, thanks.

    SAR I
    Bravo

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #378
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    2. Every other NFL team has seen it's PSL values increase over time so those who want out prior to Year 30 stand to get their money back or make a bit of profit.



    SAR I
    So....you will b able to sell you PSL in year 29 for a profit?

  19. #379
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's amazing we have to keep having these ridiculous arguments with fans who don't attend games, sit in mom's basement with a bag of pretzels.

    My PSL's cost me $16,000 in 2008. To put that in reference:

    Over 30 years, my PSL's cost me $533 a year or $44 a month.

    - A pack a day smoker spends $4,380 a year or $365 a month.

    - A weekend beer drinker spends $1,040 a year or $87 a month.

    - A dog owner spends $3,000 a year or $250 a month.

    - A guy who eats lunch with friends every day spends $3,600 a year or $300 a month.

    - A guy who gets a coffee and a bagel each morning spends $1,800 a year or $150 a month.

    - A wife who goes to the hair stylist every 6 weeks spends $1,800 per year or $150 a month.

    I could go on, but it boggles the mind as to why so many people care so much about my $44 monthly outlay when they are putting out a boatload more on vices like smoking, drinking, eating, dog ownership, you name it.

    It's nothing. It's chump-change. Enough with the endless questions and challenges. Shut up.

    SAR I
    in all those cases the buyer actually receives something for their money.

    In your case, you paid for the stadium, then paid to sit it in!

    I'm surprised they don't ask you to sweep up the spilled popcorn.

  20. #380
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    in all those cases the buyer actually receives something for their money.

    In your case, you paid for the stadium, then paid to sit it in!

    I'm surprised they don't ask you to sweep up the spilled popcorn.
    Why are you being such a douche. He is clearly pleased with his choice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us