Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lower Level Sideline

1 - 2

Aisle

All

$15,000

stuff like this scares me. Section 142 row 30 on aisle by section 140 where PSLs are 20K each. At top of dead end aisle, perfect seats, elevation, 35 yard line etc.

These were like primo PSLs in first go around at orginally 15K each, then reduced to 10K each and now on seasonticketrights in secondary for 7.5k each.

Amazing. I would have bought these at 10K each in a second in the first reduction.

Plus at this price a few weeks and guy goes best offer. Crazy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why are you being such a douche. He is clearly pleased with his choice.
    I'm glad he's happy, he should be, he paid a lot of money. (Although me thinks he doth protest too much) but to say that PSLs are anything but a giant azz-rapping in deceitful. And if he cares about winning you don't want them for your team. With 30 years of guaranteed sell-outs and NFL profit sharing it now makes sense to be a low to mid-tier team. (Think Panthers) No reason to risk spending more without guaranteed ROI. The seats are paid for and the TV money is all set. So they have some losing seasons....that just hat and shirt money. Chump change. Bring in someone like Tebow to sell those to the rubes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm glad he's happy, he should be, he paid a lot of money. (Although me thinks he doth protest too much) but to say that PSLs are anything but a giant azz-rapping in deceitful. And if he cares about winning you don't want them for your team. With 30 years of guaranteed sell-outs and NFL profit sharing it now makes sense to be a low to mid-tier team. (Think Panthers) No reason to risk spending more without guaranteed ROI. The seats are paid for and the TV money is all set. So they have some losing seasons....that just hat and shirt money. Chump change. Bring in someone like Tebow to sell those to the rubes.
    I don't have amstrong opinion on PSLs per se. But, I did a tax review for a guy at thengym. vacation home, nice home here etc.....

When I reviewed his tax work, my income is more than double his, my assets are almost triple his and I don't think I should own a vacation home. I want to retire early.

My point...everyone chooses differently. His argument on cigarettes etc... Made total sense to me. I belong to a golf club. Avg monthly bill between 500 and 800 . To me.....it is worth it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Ask any PSL owner on this site. Go ahead, ask them. They'll tell you that they were happy to pay their PSL fee because it meant they could get the seats they wanted after decades of being c-blocked by geezers. We're in this for 30 years, not 3. It doesn't matter that the road ahead looks tough for awhile; we're not stupid. This is not unexpected.

SAR I
    Ding ding ding. The Psl allowed us in the lower bowl - Period. I don't expect to profit from selling my Psl or make a huge profit. In return for a small price increase, I get to go to games for years to come.

Next year will be bad from a winning perspective, but we should have lots of early games (which I like). Win or lose, I'll be there cheering or booing.

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I have never used illegal drugs. Golf and football are my vices.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 12-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have amstrong opinion on PSLs per se. But, I did a tax review for a guy at thengym. vacation home, nice home here etc.....

When I reviewed his tax work, my income is more than double his, my assets are almost triple his and I don't think I should own a vacation home. I want to retire early.

My point...everyone chooses differently. His argument on cigarettes etc... Made total sense to me. I belong to a golf club. Avg monthly bill between 500 and 800 . To me.....it is worth it.
    Exactly the correct point IMO.

Everyone should be lucky enough to make entertainment choices that specifically satisfy one's interests and desires provided you are also valuable enough in the marketplace of life to have the assets to make it happen.

Some people have pleasure boats and yachts....others have vacation homes or country club memberships. Others have huge 3D HD Video Entertainment rooms.

And some of us also have license to very good seats to watch NFL football live

Theres no right or wrong except the obvious wrong of spending way above your means and putting yourself in debt hell buying expensive luxury items

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Exactly the correct point IMO.

Everyone should be lucky enough to make entertainment choices that specifically satisfy one's interests and desires provided you are also valuable enough in the marketplace of life to have the assets to make it happen.

Some people have pleasure boats and yachts....others have vacation homes or country club memberships. Others have huge 3D HD Video Entertainment rooms.

And some of us also have license to very good seats to watch NFL football live

Theres no right or wrong except the obvious wrong of spending way above your means and putting yourself in debt hell buying expensive luxury items

Please don't bring my Yacht into the conversation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's amazing we have to keep having these ridiculous arguments with fans who don't attend games,
    It's even more amazing that Pats fan trolls are hopping into the debate. Anything for the sake of trolling, I guess... but IMO only an imbecile fan from an opposing team would venture in to the discussion.

Shut up.
    Amen to that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't bring my Yacht into the conversation.
    All CPAs have at least one...no?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    in all those cases the buyer actually receives something for their money.

In your case, you paid for the stadium, then paid to sit it in!

I'm surprised they don't ask you to sweep up the spilled popcorn.
    Actually, picking up the spilled popcorn doesn't sound like such a bad alternative to sitting in our PSL seats and having to watch this garbage Jets team play on the field for years to come...
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 12-27-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It's even more amazing that Pats fan trolls are hopping into the debate. Anything for the sake of trolling, I guess... but IMO only an imbecile fan from an opposing team would venture in to the discussion.

Amen to that.
    I find it incredible, that patsie fans contribute here at all. I would not be caught dead on a patsie forum! The patsie's are in the top five of my Power Ranking & we have patsie idiots F'n around with us. Why bother....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    although the psl allowed some a way to get better seat options it was a major slap in the fact to loyal fans over many years-we had seats in my family since early days at shea-had great seats at the "old stadium" then I was told if you want to keep those seats they will now cost you $700 a ticket and a monster psl fee to go with it as they became coachs club seats

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

no disagreement from me on that point. we all work hard for our money and should spend it on what makes us happy. I spend money on things I'm sure others would say is crazy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

Lower Level Sideline

1 - 2

Aisle

All

$15,000

stuff like this scares me. Section 142 row 30 on aisle by section 140 where PSLs are 20K each. At top of dead end aisle, perfect seats, elevation, 35 yard line etc.

These were like primo PSLs in first go around at orginally 15K each, then reduced to 10K each and now on seasonticketrights in secondary for 7.5k each.

Amazing. I would have bought these at 10K each in a second in the first reduction.

Plus at this price a few weeks and guy goes best offer. Crazy.
    Yeah that is a little unsettling. I'm in 135 basically 4 seats away from the 135 equivalents to those seats. And I freaking love them. I have no intention of selling basically ever but of course one could construct some life scenario which would make one have to sell. So it stinks this guy may have to take a bath on some great seats

As Sar and others have noted if one wants to sell PSLs now is definitely not the time, and the move now is to move whole seasons at face while holding onto the PSLs and unloading them down the road if you still want or have to. But if this guy urgently needs cash right now, yeah, that sucks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma Teng Fei View Post
    I find it incredible, that patsie fans contribute here at all. I would not be caught dead on a patsie forum! The patsie's are in the top five of my Power Ranking & we have patsie idiots F'n around with us. Why bother....
    I can't bereeve you have Pats in Top 5.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    although the psl allowed some a way to get better seat options it was a major slap in the fact to loyal fans over many years-we had seats in my family since early days at shea-had great seats at the "old stadium" then I was told if you want to keep those seats they will now cost you $700 a ticket and a monster psl fee to go with it as they became coachs club seats
    You are the scum bags SAR refers to. He is so happy this happened to you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    no disagreement from me on that point. we all work hard for our money and should spend it on what makes us happy. I spend money on things I'm sure others would say is crazy.
    Whores? you'll get little argument from JETS fans.

We ask our wives to show their tlts during games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't bereeve you have Pats in Top 5.

ROR

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whores? you'll get little argument from JETS fans.

We ask our wives to show their tlts during games.
    WTF...Murray told be they were a legit biz expense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    ROR
    reminds me of the Japanese DR joke. you know..choosing to buy a rincoln or catarac.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are the scum bags SAR refers to. He is so happy this happened to you.
    he also hates blue-collar workers and firemen.

he defends his psl investment all the while tearing up others.

the stadium is missing many good people who had tickets from shea and the meadowlands.

gone but not forgotten.