Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Do you drink wine?

SAR I
    Would SAR I choose, Water over Wine?

Hold the wheel and drive

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You're cherry picking the PSL "price" of a section and using it as justification that the Jets are somehow smarter than the Giants? Factoring in everything the Jets have done, how much they have spent from lobbying to marketing to advertising for YEARS now (WSS to today) - no chance whatsoever that the Jets are more profitable than the Giants. And that is the bottom line measurement of who is smarter.

As for your buddy, I have no doubt that some people did things like that, but that is a vast minority. Most people didn't sit in those sections. Your friend was the exception, not the rule. This free ride assertion is a complete fabrication. Back then, Jets fans had season tickets because they wanted to go to all the games, not sell half of them. PSL owners sell so many tickets for 2 basic reasons. 1. They are encouraged by the Jets and technology makes it simple and 2. The cost for the seats are so expensive that selling a portion off helps justify the "investment".

That is not a criticism of today's STH. If I were a PSL owner I would do the same thing. The dynamic has completely flipped.
    Whether they sold the tickets for a profit, gave them away to the postman, or threw them in the trash, they stood in our way for decades. Tons of fans just didn't go to every game, weren't as committed. I mean, really, a full season ticket for 10 games in 1982 was $130.00. Why give something of value up if it cost so little? That's what happened.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    More BS. Never ever said that. It just keeps on getting piled higher and deeper.

Nice try at a diversion from trying to defend what cannot be.
    Do you take vacations?

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    So all those wrongs make it right?

Why should EITHER pay for a private stadium owned by a private citizen?

Neither will MAKE money from it, only the owner will make money, after YOU have built the stadium for him.

And for the millionth time, I have ZERO problem with anyone buying a PSL if they want. Hell I probably would have if the Pats had them. But just be honest about it, the only one who benefits is the owner.
    The biggest ripoff in my life ( except taxes ) is daycare. When my daughter finally reaches first grade, it will be like winning the lottery. Daycare tuition is 4x what I paid for law school tuition. $15k per year to learn how to put her coat on?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know several old time Giants Stadium Jets season ticket holders who had long-standing relationships with ticket brokers. Start of each season, they sold half their games for 2x face value, attended the rest of the games for free.

The majority of Jets fans didn't do this, but that's not the point. The point is that enough semi-Jets fans or Giants fans who inherited grandad's Jets tickets took advantage of that situation to freeze out new fans like myself who wanted in.

SAR I
    and yet, you are doing exactly the same thing as they did. Or at least trying to. Won`t be so easy anymore because most football fans know they can get tix at or below face, or almost free like we saw this season. Jets fans around here know this. You ain`t gonna be able to gouge them anymore. You might gouge opposing fans here and there but eventually they will see the light and not get ripped off either. They will just search the internet for cheap tix. And there will be plenty of cheap Jets tix in the future. Enjoy the "long haul".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rip-off is paying $225,000 a decade for a set of 4 Jets tickets. I fail to see how another measly $16,000 makes a difference.

A bagel and a cup of coffee every morning costs more than that $241,000. I don't see you giving that up or lobbying someone to give that up. There's no difference.

SAR I
    Scott, I never once said you should give it up, you work hard for your money and should spend it on what you love. Just don't tell anyone it's a good deal.

And I know you are smart enough to know $16,000 up front is not the same as a little bit a day. Much different.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    The biggest ripoff in my life ( except taxes ) is daycare. When my daughter finally reaches first grade, it will be like winning the lottery. Daycare tuition is 4x what I paid for law school tuition. $15k per year to learn how to put her coat on?
    been there too, and yes it's hell getting over that hump, but honestly dude...do you want to cheap on on who watches your kid?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    and yet, you are doing exactly the same thing as they did. Or at least trying to. Won`t be so easy anymore because most football fans know they can get tix at or below face, or almost free like we saw this season. Jets fans around here know this. You ain`t gonna be able to gouge them anymore. You might gouge opposing fans here and there but eventually they will see the light and not get ripped off either. They will just search the internet for cheap tix. And there will be plenty of cheap Jets tix in the future. Enjoy the "long haul".
    Wrong.

What they did occurred when the Jets has a waiting list 10 years long. I know. I was on it.

Today, new economics, all those squatters are out of the ecosystem, forced out by the God-given PSL process, no more waiting list. I'm not standing in the way of someone else who wants a decent view. And even if I was, I have paid for my seat license and therefore have the right to sell them to whomever I want at whatever price they want to pay.

Had the Jets had a similar system in place in 1988, I could have written a nice fat check to the Giants-fan-grandson of a Shea Stadium Jets fan and gotten his tickets away from him. It wasn't available to me. That's what's different.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I never once said you should give it up, you work hard for your money and should spend it on what you love. Just don't tell anyone it's a good deal.

And I know you are smart enough to know $16,000 up front is not the same as a little bit a day. Much different.
    It IS a good deal.

For the tenth time, if there were no PSL's then all the brokers and Giants fans and squatters who have been infesting us since 1985 wouldn't have left. They'd still be sitting there. They'd still be preventing loyal fans from getting good seats. They'd still be forcing us to be waitlisted.

The "good deal" is the ability to get any seat we want without being told "no". Well worth the $13 per game it costs. Get that through your head.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful.

They'll tell you you're a bad dad. They'll tell you you're being ripped off and don't realize it. They'll tell you it's not a "good deal".

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Value is in the eye of the beholder and the fact is nobody knows what the future will hold regarding value. I look at the size of this thread in a year when the Jets were in the hunt going into December and wonder what will the fan reaction be when the season ends in late October one year? When I read that the Jets have the highest average seat prices in the NFL ( that doesn't include PSLs and in a shared stadium), I just shake my head in disbelief. There certainly is a supply and demand factor. The fact is Woody makes out like a bandit . He'll grab every penny out of the fan he can get and why not if people are willing to pay. Not only willing to pay but happy to pay. Woody knows exactly where to set the bar.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong.

What they did occurred when the Jets has a waiting list 10 years long. I know. I was on it.

Today, new economics, all those squatters are out of the ecosystem, forced out by the God-given PSL process, no more waiting list.

SAR I
    sar i sooner or later you're going to realize you cant buy your way through life.

the ny jets is another story.

in this instance the jets screwed others for your personal gain.

relatives and friends of mine were forced out of the stadium by psls. they never sold a ticket or missed a game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    add to the fact the ny jets organization is selling bargain tickets and packages all in the psl zones. you can sit next to people who shelled out exhuberant amounts of money to own a psl when you only have a single game ticket.................simply amazing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's my "rookie" status but I don't see why there would be a mass exodus because of a crappy season. I bought my PSL's from the Jets this year. Had every ticket and PSL been the same price, sure, I would have chosen the 50 yd line and club seats with food...but all the seats are not the same price. I initially thought I wanted the upper deck but after touring the stadium, for me, the value of the seat compared the view was not worth it (the best value/seat is my couch!) so I went for a PSL. I had plenty of choices in various areas (one choice was 8 rows behind SAR). I weighed my choices based on cost vs quality of the seats (using my own criteria)....not as an investment. I am not interested in selling games unless I can't go, and even if I wanted to make money, I don't think sports tickets are the best choice of investments. The tickets and PSL are an expense/a luxury item for me. My investments are meant to appreciate in value, not depreciate over the long haul. I bought my PSL to enjoy going to the game for what, to me, was an acceptable cost/loss. I had no illusions of every season being a winning season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post bob

You represent the vast majority of psl holders . ..happy to be able to enjoy seeing live NFL games in good seats and a nice environment

Dont be disturbed by the negative whiners though.

There is only one of them here who has a legitimate beef. That would be nike who by his own admission bought the wrong seats and hopefully now will be back next season in seats he will enjoy.

The others are ALL of two groups. UDers who cheaped out to avoid PSLs as low as 2500 bucks and bailed after one season and never evers who because of zipcode issues or others refused to buy any seat un the stadium and sit on their couch instead

Don't even waste your time reading their sour grapes posts and just continue ro enjoy those seats you own

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    been there too, and yes it's hell getting over that hump, but honestly dude...do you want to cheap on on who watches your kid?
    Exactly!! They have leverage and extort enormous sums of money fom me. My baby is worth it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    add to the fact the ny jets organization is selling bargain tickets and packages all in the psl zones. you can sit next to people who shelled out exhuberant amounts of money to own a psl when you only have a single game ticket.................simply amazing.
    Can you post a link to these packages?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly!! They have leverage and extort enormous sums of money fom me. My baby is worth it.
    BASTIDS!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best bet is to find someone you trust that can be a nanny. Sending York kid off to group daycare is a ripoff and scary. It's nice to have the little ones get exposure to other kids, but we were lucky enough to find a friend of a friend who was looking to be a Nanny, and now she is like part of the family, and only costs is $100 a day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Great post bob

You represent the vast majority of psl holders . ..happy to be able to enjoy seeing live NFL games in good seats and a nice environment

Dont be disturbed by the negative whiners though.

There is only one of them here who has a legitimate beef. That would be nike who by his own admission bought the wrong seats and hopefully now will be back next season in seats he will enjoy.

The others are ALL of two groups. UDers who cheaped out to avoid PSLs as low as 2500 bucks and bailed after one season and never evers who because of zipcode issues or others refused to buy any seat un the stadium and sit on their couch instead

Don't even waste your time reading their sour grapes posts and just continue ro enjoy those seats you own

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The posters and posts with a hard on for constantly knocking the UD or people who choose to sit there are absurd.

For a number of reasons, I'm sitting up there just as I did in GS and it's actually a better ingame experience- we moved over to the sunnier side and the vast majority of the Giants fans / scalpers who sold games off are gone and Jets fans dominate since the shuffling

Some things are better, some are worse, overall: better. If/when we choose to sit lower down and pay PSLs it'll be our decision not yours