Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My other predictions? Let's see:

Prediction: The Jets would never get a stadium in Manhattan and would never go near Queens. (CORRECT)

Prediction: There are enough Jets fans west of Long Island to support the franchise once they left Hofstra for New Jersey. (CORRECT)

Prediction: There would be no doomsday because of PSL's. The stadium would be full with more Jets fans than ever before, no blackouts, no protest, no hysteria. (CORRECT)

Prediction: While the stadium holds 82,500 there really are only 30,000 seats that have the balance of price/view that anyone would want. Get in a lifeboat, grab a seat if you've got seniority. (CORRECT)

Prediction: If you didn't get a good PSL location early, got stuck in the deep Mezz B or the low corner endzones, you'd regret it. (CORRECT)

Prediction: If you skipped out on the PSL process entirely and went for upper deck seats you'd regret it as the view is brutal. (CORRECT)

Prediction: The Jets would sell out the stadium because they had so many fans already plus fans on the waitlist. (CORRECT)

Prediction: The Jets would not sell out of Club seats because they are designed for corporations and not the average fan who will find them too expensive. (CORRECT)

Prediction: When the old timer geezers left the stadium, wealthy fans would eagerly take their place. (CORRECT)

Prediction: When Joe $40,000 Salary Lunchpail was faced with a PSL fee there would be no more cursing, no more smoking, no more drunkenness, no more burping, and no more farting in PSL sections. (CORRECT)

Prediction: The lack of a PSL in the upper deck would be abused by so-called loyal Jets fans who could bail on the team as soon as we stopped making AFC Championship Games and getting winning records. (CORRECT)

Did I miss something? Sure looks like SAR did well to me.

SAR I

The mountain just keeps on growing and growing.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post

I remember the conversation very well and I'm sure other readers of the thread do also. He was a very naive and gullable kid who wanted to pull the trigger but his dad was against it. He went to his Dad with your arguments and he convinced his dad and he purchased. You got a lot of sh*t in the thread about that.

SAR you may not want to admit it, but your bs had consequences for this kid. It may of had for others also.

Can't you just admit that you were seriously wrong about the demand for PSL's? At that time you spoke nothing of it being a 30 year process. That didn't start till after the stadium opened.
    For all I know this kid did as I did, grabbed very smart seats that are worth more than he paid for them. At the very least, he may have lost $1,500 and gotten a good life's lesson. Perhaps, as I did, he enjoyed the hell out of the first three seasons in the new stadium, had a great time with friends, randomly met a girl who turns out to be his wife.

I was NOT wrong at all about the demand for PSL's. On Opening Day 2009 every non-Club seat in the house was sold out. In the following season, some small amount of PSL's changed hands due to repricing of Club seats.

And if I was wrong about one thing, it was this: That fans like you who once supported the team in Queens and stuck with the franchise would show up in the 27,000 PSL-free upper deck seats. And they did, so long as the Jets were Super Bowl contenders. But these past two seasons, those so-called 'die hard' Jets fans? 30% of them quit. Didn't want to pay to see Jets games if the Jets weren't a 10 win team.

Shoot me for thinking more optimistically of them. Of you frankly. You're the disappointment, QJF. Not SAR who tried to help a few fans find a good seat in a PSL world. QJF who quit on the team and never came back and then has the balls to criticize those who actually give a damn.

SAR I

It's worth it to me. I'd have spent $64,000 or $100,000 for my seats in 2009 if that was the price.

The $64,000 over 30 years and 10 games and 4 seats equates to $53.

A beer and a hot dog will cost more than $53 in 2039.

SAR I
    Again you mislead. You are factoring in inflation in the cost of the hot dog but not your seats. If your 16k is worth 100k in 2009 dollars in 2039 then your cost is $83/seat.

Also, I don't believe that you would have spent $100k for your seats in 2009.

If a hot dog costs more then $83 in 2039 your seats will have cost you a lot more then 100k.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 12-29-2012 at 10:12 PM.

I was NOT wrong at all about the demand for PSL's. On Opening Day 2009 every non-Club seat in the house was sold out. In the following season, some small amount of PSL's changed hands due to repricing of Club seats.
    Come on SAR. Cut this out. You know it and everybody else in the Jet universe besides SG3 knows that this is total BS. We JIers deserve better then this.

And if I was wrong about one thing, it was this: That fans like you who once supported the team in Queens and stuck with the franchise would show up in the 27,000 PSL-free upper deck seats. And they did, so long as the Jets were Super Bowl contenders. But these past two seasons, those so-called 'die hard' Jets fans? 30% of them quit. Didn't want to pay to see Jets games if the Jets weren't a 10 win team.
    I was never going to be a STHer in the new stadium even if the Jets won 3 SB's in a row. I'm sorry the game day experience for me was just not enjoyable any more. I have better things to do with my life then spend 4 hours on the road every Sunday in the fall. Call me a zip coder or whatever you like but going to the horrible stadium in the swamps was just not worth it for me at this stage in my life. I much prefer watching the game with my son and friends in the comfort of somebody's home. The secondary market works for me when I want to go to a game.

and then has the balls to criticize those who actually give a damn.
    I don't criticize you for giving a damm. I actually admire your passion for the team. I criticize you for spreading BS.

On Opening Day 2009 every non-Club seat in the house was sold out.
    SAR I
    Ok, and what exactly does the old Stadium have to do with anything? It had a 15 year waiting list for season tickets, so how is that relevant to PSL's and the new Stadium?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

It was a pleasure friends, but Woody finally killed it!,!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Come on SAR. Cut this out. You know it and everybody else in the Jet universe besides SG3 knows that this is total BS. We JIers deserve better then this.

I was never going to be a STHer in the new stadium even if the Jets won 3 SB's in a row. I'm sorry the game day experience for me was just not enjoyable any more. I have better things to do with my life then spend 4 hours on the road every Sunday in the fall. Call me a zip coder or whatever you like but going to the horrible stadium in the swamps was just not worth it for me at this stage in my life. I much prefer watching the game with my son and friends in the comfort of somebody's home. The secondary market works for me when I want to go to a game.

I don't criticize you for giving a damm. I actually admire your passion for the team. I criticize you for spreading BS.
    There is no BS, you are just blind to the truth because it doesn't fit in with your vision of 40,000 empty seats because the Jets didn't "return" to Queens.

You quit on the Jets, spare us the details.

I don't care what you admire. I'll tell you what I admire. I admire the fact that you disappeared from JI for two years while everything you thought would happen never did.

What I don't admire is that the minute the team has a bad season you show up like a bad penny looking for Jets fans to be as unhappy as you are. Keep your misery to yourself.

SAR I

There is no BS, you are just blind to the truth because it doesn't fit in with your vision of 40,000 empty seats because the Jets didn't "return" to Queens.

You quit on the Jets, spare us the details.

I don't care what you admire. I'll tell you what I admire. I admire the fact that you disappeared from JI for two years while everything you thought would happen never did.

What I don't admire is that the minute the team has a bad season you show up like a bad penny looking for Jets fans to be as unhappy as you are. Keep your misery to yourself.

SAR I
    I have not quit on the Jets no matter how many times I tell myself I should. I have not quit JI either and I do post sparingly from time to time. I just don't have the patience for the bs that you spew forth here any more. I come here to be entertained and informed. Sometimes I engage and sometimes I just roll my eyes.

How about the person who just likes going to all or nearly all of the games? For whom it's just been a big part of his or her life for many years? Was it awful for that person to have just cursed many times, shaken his or her fist at Woody for charging for stupid PSLs, then just choose PSLs/seats they could afford. And then just enjoy them for as long as they can go?

What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Ok, and what exactly does the old Stadium have to do with anything? It had a 15 year waiting list for season tickets, so how is that relevant to PSL's and the new Stadium?
    the old stadium was filled with drunken blue collar fireman like bums who burped and farted and didnt deserve to hog up all the seats while guys like sar i were willing to pay any price to get in on the action.

nothing against current psl holders but you sar i are really a poor excuse for whats replaced longtime season ticket holders. he mocks others destroyed our mascot narcs on others and worse sells tickets to home games

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    How about the person who just likes going to all or nearly all of the games? For whom it's just been a big part of his or her life for many years? Was it awful for that person to have just cursed many times, shaken his or her fist at Woody for charging for stupid PSLs, then just choose PSLs/seats they could afford. And then just enjoy them for as long as they can go?

What's wrong with that?
    Nothing wrong with that at all.

What each of us does with our spare time and our hard-earned fun money is up to each of us. Why others think season ticket holders are ripe for judgement is beyond me. We're not part of the team. We're not public figures. They want to throw stones at Mark Sanchez or Rex Ryan, have at it, it's what we're here for. But throwing stones at other Jets fans because we like attending games even though it costs a bit of money? Ridiculous.

In the end, everyone wins here. PSL owners finally get the seats of their dreams. Younger fans and straight season ticket holders get the entire upper deck with no PSL's at all and reasonable gameday ticket prices. Old timers have a mechanism in StubHub to get the customary 2 or 3 games they attend with extremely fair prices, bargains in many cases. The Jets went from Bottom 5 to Top 5 in revenue ensuring a strong future for the club, financially speaking.

No one should be upset. There isn't a reason in the world that the new stadium should bother anyone. We all won here.

SAR I

In the end, everyone wins here. PSL owners finally get the seats of their dreams. Younger fans and straight season ticket holders get the entire upper deck with no PSL's at all and reasonable gameday ticket prices. Old timers have a mechanism in StubHub to get the customary 2 or 3 games they attend with extremely fair prices, bargains in many cases. The Jets went from Bottom 5 to Top 5 in revenue ensuring a strong future for the club, financially speaking.

No one should be upset. There isn't a reason in the world that the new stadium should bother anyone. We all won here.

SAR I
    This is not even remotely close to being true. The clusterfu*k that is the new stadium (with the unanticipated lesser demand for psl's) has turned us into the circus and clown act that we are. It has ruined the franchise. Yes, it has entitled the likes of SAR to get better seats. That is all it has done.

If quitting on the Jets because of that joke of a story helps you sleep better at night, good for you.

What a pile of horsesh-t that is. Fireman Ed is a selfish dirtbag. The old timers sold half their seats to enemy fans at 2x face value so they could attend the other games for free. Some fans. Good riddance.
    LOL You do the exact same thing to offset your mistake. You boast on here about how you sell key matchups for 3x face. You`re being a hypocrite. And yes, I quit on the Jets, just like they quit on me for 27 years of being a STH.

You are here wishing that Woody Johnson would move the team to Los Angeles. The other curmudgeon won't attend at game that isn't in a dump in Queens.
    Yes, I am. For the better of the franchise. They would simply be better off starting over again, changing their helmets/uniforms/colors, changing their fans, which could be an improvement for the franchise and best of all, getting a stadium they can FINALLY call their OWN home for the first time in their history.

Here's the good news. The best news of all, in fact: The fans with money are here now. We bought your seats out from under you. We're more loyal than you ever were. We love the Jets more than you ever did.
    You didn`t buy me seats. I had first row ez seats in the old stadium. I was quite happy with them. Didn`t like the glass in front of me but I got use to it. What you have now is a segregated stadium. From wiser, or less wealthier fans, however you want to look at it, sitting in the UD to more wealthier, or dumber fans sitting in the Mezz below, to much wealthier and probably the dumbest fans around sitting in the rich club seats. Rather sitting inside watching television. It`s a stale atmosphere and resembles nothing of what football fans, specifically Jets fans, use to be like. The games are dull and the players notice, thus less enthusiasm to play hard.

You quit over a beer and a hotdog. The Jets sold 90% of the seats in the stadium, PSL's and high prices and Club seats and all. Proof-positive that we don't need you.
    I agree. The Jets don`t need me. They can lose on your money quite easily, as we have seen. Be prepared for another 26 years of it. I never once purchased a hot dog in the old stadium or the new. I did buy cheese fries in the new dump and it cost me $13 for potatoes and Hormel crap dumped on them. Keep it. You can have it all.

Sorry that bothers you. Go f-ck yourself with a cheap beer while you think of me enjoying myself in your seats, enjoying the team that you don't have, burning money you don't have.

SAR I
    Nothing bothers me aside from occasional IBS. I do not drink cheap beer. Cheap beer is what sg3 brings to games when he crashes others tailgates. This I know first hand. Oh, and I will certainly report this last paragraph to the mods, just like you and sg3 do to everyone else. I think a suspension, or hopefully a permaband is in store for you. No one really likes you here.
    Last edited by The Band; 12-30-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow

Just as I told you SAR

All League
    This is not even remotely close to being true. The clusterfu*k that is the new stadium (with the unanticipated lesser demand for psl's) has turned us into the circus and clown act that we are. It has ruined the franchise. Yes, it has entitled the likes of SAR to get better seats. That is all it has done.
    lol the storied New York Jets franchise has been ruined.

My other predictions? Let's see:

Prediction: The Jets would never get a stadium in Manhattan and would never go near Queens. (CORRECT)

Prediction: There are enough Jets fans west of Long Island to support the franchise once they left Hofstra for New Jersey. (CORRECT)

Prediction: There would be no doomsday because of PSL's. The stadium would be full with more Jets fans than ever before, no blackouts, no protest, no hysteria. (CORRECT)

Prediction: While the stadium holds 82,500 there really are only 30,000 seats that have the balance of price/view that anyone would want. Get in a lifeboat, grab a seat if you've got seniority. (CORRECT)

Prediction: If you didn't get a good PSL location early, got stuck in the deep Mezz B or the low corner endzones, you'd regret it. (CORRECT)

Prediction: If you skipped out on the PSL process entirely and went for upper deck seats you'd regret it as the view is brutal. (CORRECT)

Prediction: The Jets would sell out the stadium because they had so many fans already plus fans on the waitlist. (CORRECT)

Prediction: The Jets would not sell out of Club seats because they are designed for corporations and not the average fan who will find them too expensive. (CORRECT)

Prediction: When the old timer geezers left the stadium, wealthy fans would eagerly take their place. (CORRECT)

Prediction: When Joe $40,000 Salary Lunchpail was faced with a PSL fee there would be no more cursing, no more smoking, no more drunkenness, no more burping, and no more farting in PSL sections. (CORRECT)

Prediction: The lack of a PSL in the upper deck would be abused by so-called loyal Jets fans who could bail on the team as soon as we stopped making AFC Championship Games and getting winning records. (CORRECT)

Did I miss something? Sure looks like SAR did well to me.

SAR I
    Matt Leinhart?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Matt Leinhart?
    I will answer for SAR.

I don't follow college football. We needed a franchise qb. The people that did follow said he was the best. What the Jets needed was a franchise qb. I've been proven right about that.

How many Super Bowls have we won since we drafted the fat guy instead of him?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This is partly true.

The reason the team is a mess right now is because Woody Johnson went for broke by signing every big name free agent and getting a bombastic head coach to make noise in the newspapers and sell out a stadium.

It is also true to state that as silly as that strategy may sound for an NFL team, it actually worked. We saw more playoff games and more playoff wins in a 12 month period than we did in the prior 20 years. We had the #1 defense and the #1 rushing attack for the first time in our history. For 3 offseasons, we weren't a joke, we were thought to be Super Bowl caliber.

So all-in, the stadium was the BEST thing to happen to this franchise since Bill Parcells came to town.

Say thank you.

SAR I

This is partly true.

The reason the team is a mess right now is because Woody Johnson went for broke by signing every big name free agent and getting a bombastic head coach to make noise in the newspapers and sell out a stadium.

It is also true to state that as silly as that strategy may sound for an NFL team, it actually worked. We saw more playoff games and more playoff wins in a 12 month period than we did in the prior 20 years. We had the #1 defense and the #1 rushing attack for the first time in our history. For 3 offseasons, we weren't a joke, we were thought to be Super Bowl caliber.

So all-in, the stadium was the BEST thing to happen to this franchise since Bill Parcells came to town.

Say thank you.

SAR I
    So we lost 2 AFC Championship games. During that time we didn't have one Division Championship or one home playoff game.

I have to bless the new stadium for that record? No thank you..