Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Ed has PSL seats in row one just like you. He will be there next year. Trouble is he cant be fired and since he owns those seats you cant stop him from coming to games or wearing a hat.

He shall be back but with a Bruce Harper Jersey next year
    The Jets will snuff him out if he tries to pull his act.

They'll have the PA director blare loud music every time he stands up. They'll have the in-stadium cameras show cheerleaders or play helmet races. He may sit in his customary seat, but the days of him getting fans up and listening to him are over.

He can take his "I'm So Disappointed In You" face and look in the mirror because that's the only reaction he'll ever get from a Jets fan again. Oops, sorry, Dolphins fan.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Some of the less-than-pleasant facts about Fireman Ed including suing the city, being accused of handing out bogus parking tickets, calling in sick for 30 days at a time repetitively, and taking disability from taxpayers while being hoisted on shoulders and jumping around at football games. Enjoy:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...out-a-big-one/

SAR I
    just when i thought a human being being couldnt get any lower they post this.

do you have any idea what it takes to be a fireman?

he was put on disability because he couldnt do his job. his job consists of carrying out victims of a fire to try and save them. carrying heavy lengths of hose and equipment. wearing about 60-75lbs of equipment including an scba.

would you want him on the job if your family was in a house on fire and you were relying on him to carry them out or help rescue them?

him being hoisted on the shoulders of someone or jumping around at a football game has nothing to do with his disability as a fireman. should he crawl in a hole and die because he cant be a fireman anymore and not enjoy life?

you really need to seek some medical attention but i think its way too late for that.

this forum would be a much better place for jets fans without you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    just when i thought a human being being couldnt get any lower they post this.

do you have any idea what it takes to be a fireman?

he was put on disability because he couldnt do his job. his job consists of carrying out victims of a fire to try and save them. carrying heavy lengths of hose and equipment. wearing about 60-75lbs of equipment including an scba.

would you want him on the job if your family was in a house on fire and you were relying on him to carry them out or help rescue them?

him being hoisted on the shoulders of someone or jumping around at a football game has nothing to do with his disability as a fireman. should he crawl in a hole and die because he cant be a fireman anymore and not enjoy life?

you really need to seek some medical attention but i think its way too late for that.

this forum would be a much better place for jets fans without you.
    I didn't write the article. The New York Times did. Go be mad at them.

And, by the way, not every fireman is a good person. Hundreds of them get arrested and dismissed every year, just like every other job and every other walk of life. If Fireman Ed was a BMW-driving senior executive, methinks you wouldn't care less about him. Same thing here.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't write the article. The New York Times did.

Go be mad at them.

SAR I
    you added your comments and opinions.

i read the article and nowhere does it mention the crap you did.

sad state affairs you are in sar i.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't write the article. The New York Times did. Go be mad at them.

And, by the way, not every fireman is a good person. Hundreds of them get arrested and dismissed every year, just like every other job and every other walk of life. If Fireman Ed was a BMW-driving senior executive, methinks you wouldn't care less about him. Same thing here.

SAR I
    i never said all firemen were good people did i? prove i ever said that.

you ridiculed fireman and blue collar workers along with fireman ed over a damn football game and his position as the mascot.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Back in 2009 Ed was on a radio interview I was listening too, he said he paid for PSLs himself and seasontickets and Jets directly pay him nothing.

But he said Jets will call him and say Pizzahut or something will pay him to be in a commercial as Fireman Ed in 2009 it was just Pizzahut, but when Jets were in playoffs in 2010 and 2011 he did a bunch of Pepsi type and Pizza Hut commercials and he gets paid for that.

He said he did not get paid to promote new stadium and never gets paid for Jets appearances. But if it is a commercial or non jet event and you ask him he will charge you. He said around 100K is most he makes.

He said unless you are saying he uses that "pizza hut" money to buy his tickets and PSLs he pays his own way at the stadium. Does not want to be a corporate mascot or shill for Jets. But he does get paid for non Jets things, and he should.
    There is absolutely no way Ed made 100k for an appearance. Not a chance. Someone like Ed can expect nothing more than a 1 to 5k for a public appearance. Maybe that one year when he was in two national commercials and Modell's had him out there he approached 100k collectively, but that year was an anomaly.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar I ur a lowlife classless piece of **** . U want people not to drink and to clap like this is sometime of golf game . Go get a life .

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now ur bashing tailgate joe , have a clue about tailgating n being a real fan. When one has no friends I guess whose there to tailgate with. Go sit in ur car have a subway sandwich and walk in with ur bottle water like a true gem .puttin down the people who put there life on the line everyday ,ur a true neck.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDMAN1 View Post
    Sar I ur a lowlife classless piece of **** . U want people not to drink and to clap like this is sometime of golf game . Go get a life .
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDMAN1 View Post
    Now ur bashing tailgate joe , have a clue about tailgating n being a real fan. When one has no friends I guess whose there to tailgate with. Go sit in ur car have a subway sandwich and walk in with ur bottle water like a true gem .puttin down the people who put there life on the line everyday ,ur a true neck.
    Who the hell are you and why do I care what you think?

If you want to flaunt your alcoholism in public, go find a sports bar. That's what they're there for. I go to Jets games with my kids and thanks to PSL's they don't have to be exposed to the swill of society at games any more.

Have a Happy New Year; today's like your Christmas, right? Or is that St. Patricks Day? Forget the designated driver; you're too cool for that. Just grab that Rush cassette and you're good to go.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell are you and why do I care what you think?

If you want to flaunt your alcoholism in public, go find a sports bar. That's what they're there for. I go to Jets games with my kids and thanks to PSL's they don't have to be exposed to the swill of society at games any more.

Have a Happy New Year; today's like your Christmas, right? Or is that St. Patricks Day? Forget the designated driver; you're too cool for that. Just grab that Rush cassette and you're good to go.

SAR I
    Don't forget about the Boss, Bruce Springsteen either!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets just ended an ugly season at 6-10 as a psl owner im fearful of what the future brings as far as "investment gold" for my tickets. anyone who disagrees is out of thier minds.

woody johnson has our money and thats all hes worried about. if he was as passionate as some fans florham park would be without a gm coaches and any of the 3 qbs as we speak.

im going to take the wait and see approach. if they make necessary changes im all in if not im all out. take the $29.5 loss and move on chalk it up as a life lesson learned.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by BIRDMAN1

Originally Posted by BIRDMAN1
    You just made his day and probably insured a great New Year's Eve for him. You got to understand how the man operates. He thrives on hearing this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the jets just ended an ugly season at 6-10 as a psl owner im fearful of what the future brings as far as "investment gold" for my tickets. anyone who disagrees is out of thier minds.

woody johnson has our money and thats all hes worried about. if he was as passionate as some fans florham park would be without a gm coaches and any of the 3 qbs as we speak.

im going to take the wait and see approach. if they make necessary changes im all in if not im all out. take the $29.5 loss and move on chalk it up as a life lesson learned.
    Good point
    But it kind of gets lost in this jumbled thread.

You definitely should consider starting a new thread for this topic

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    gmc out, firephin ed out, sar out

things are lookin' up

only a few hundred more SOJF to go and I have my stadium back

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Good point
    But it kind of gets lost in this jumbled thread.

You definitely should consider starting a new thread for this topic
    you start it you are more well liked than me here.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE that idea!

I'm sure that for $200 he'll allow us to put him in a dunk-tank full of urine, throw balls at the target as we play Bad Company on an 8 Track player.

But I won't use Tailgate Joe out of principle. That guy is no good.

SAR I
    Lol, i'm no good. Say whatever you like, just keep mentioning me. I think I am actually the first person to get under your skin, that comforts me, that and the 73 degree weather down here in Palm Beach.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Lol, i'm no good. Say whatever you like, just keep mentioning me. I think I am actually the first person to get under your skin, that comforts me, that and the 73 degree weather down here in Palm Beach.
    73 degrees? That'll save you $3 in charcoal right there.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    73 degrees? That'll save you $3 in charcoal right there.

SAR I
    And you keep selling those "next to the club seats" tickets of yours and maybe you can save up enough to buy the other 2 cylinders for the beemer Power Wheels you have there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    And you keep selling those "next to the club seats" tickets of yours and maybe you can save up enough to buy the other 2 cylinders for the beemer Power Wheels you have there.
    I don't need the money. I just find the challenge of spending $5000 and making back $6500 more interesting in 2013 than the team itself.

My new 4 cylinder 328i makes more horsepower and more torque than my old 6 cylinder 328i, has better 0-60 times than an M3 engine from a scant 10 years ago, chief. Stick to Ford products. Stick to what you know.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't need the money. I just find the challenge of spending $5000 and making back $6500 more interesting in 2013 than the team itself.

SAR I
    Can you take my PSL's off my hand? That would be quite a challenge. (Being Serious)