Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You wouldn't know a real fan if you saw one; you sling hash for a bunch of belligerent drunks who couldn't tell you the time of day let alone who the Jets are even playing. Some of us go to watch the game, not to act like its 1982 and we're still high school students.

It must be exciting to see your life's work sitting in the bottom of a toilet each morning.

SAR I
    Wow, you do get pretty touchy and personal when the topic of you having the brokester beemer comes up huh?

As far as real fan, you are already calculating how much you are going to make selling over half your tix next season. Maybe you are the one who needs to pick up a second job slinging hash?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Fan 18D View Post
    The season ended badly but I remain a Jet fan.

I will not give up my PSLs.

I go to the games to bond with my daughter, commune with my tail gate friends, and enjoy the comaradery of my section's fellow fans.

When the Jets win it's a bonus...

Many lessons are learned from being a Jet fan...including tolerance...

I don't know Woody Johnson. But, the ball is in his hands to change the team. The GM move seems appropriate for him to make.

Now Rex Ryan needs to make the coaching changes the team desparately needs...

I look forward to next season and making every home game I can.
    And this is exactly why someone should be a season ticket holder in the psl era.

If you have designs on being a mini stubhub you are just foolish. If you are going to throw your hands up in disgust and walk away after a 2 season 14-18 record than you couldn't have been a jets fan for very long. I mean c'mon, it's been the same song and dance forever with this team, thinking you are entitled to winning teams and playoffs every season just because you bought a psl is stupidity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    And this is exactly why someone should be a season ticket holder in the psl era.

If you have designs on being a mini stubhub you are just foolish. If you are going to throw your hands up in disgust and walk away after a 2 season 14-18 record than you couldn't have been a jets fan for very long. I mean c'mon, it's been the same song and dance forever with this team, thinking you are entitled to winning teams and playoffs every season just because you bought a psl is stupidity.
    I agree ... It's the multiple years of sucking that make the golden years that much brighter ... and then you die ... literally. Teased but never finished off.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

There are people who want to be season ticket holders and there are people who do not.

It is no different in MetLife in 2012 than it was in Giants Stadium in 1990. You want season tickets, you commit to pay for them for decades. You want seats a-la-carte, you scour the aftermarket for decent tickets.

PSL's are nothing but a $8 to $25 price increase per ticket. Anyone who can afford $500 per game, $60,000 per decade for a family of 4 to see live NFL games they can otherwise get on TV for free can also afford the PSL fee.

A PSL is necessary if you want consistent seats with a decent view. Upper deckers are a different animal than the rest of the attendees. They are into it more for the booze and the grease than the game itself. Those that actually want to remain sober want a Mezz or LL seat so they can see the game.

StubHub is a great innovation for a PSL owner. There is now a direct, simple, and safe way to sell tickets to a-la-carte fans who want them. In seasons that are not going to be entertaining, we can allow other fans to get our great views. Not a negative, a positive. In my case, in the past three seasons only 4 sets of fans were allowed to sit in my Row 1 location. The other 16 games myself and my family blocked them out.

Stick to the spatula; you don't know anything about PSL ownership or being a season ticket holder.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If I keep my tickets I think SAR's advice is where I'm going to lean for 2013, especially if Mark Sanchez is still the Quarterback. If he's the quarterback, Pittsburgh, New Orleans and New England will all be sold on StubHub for 2 or 3x the amount and that will pay for the garbage Preseason games as well as another game or two. I can also pick one of those three games to go to for free (get four free seats to one game each year), so really I'd only be missing two.

Hmmm.

Actually not a bad idea, really.
    Consider this:

Giants Stadium had 80,000 seats with a great view. The upper deck there was very stacked, very close to the action.

MetLife only has 53,000 seats with a great view. On a typical game week, StubHub only has 8,000 seats for sale, and of those 4,000 tend to be upper deck seats.

The reason that Jets PSL's are a safe play from a season ticket standpoint in a bad year is that there simply aren't enough good seats with good views for sale in the aftermarket every week. Being a PSL owner is also code for "someone with some of the few decent seats in the stadium".

So long as at least 4 of the home games feature teams with good traveling fanbases, you are going to be okay because you hold a couple of the very few decent seats for sale on StubHub each week. Some fan flying in from Pittsburgh and spending $2,000 on a NY weekend isn't interested in a $50 upper deck seat. He wants a good view. If you've studied StubHub, both in good seasons and bad, you know that there are always 8,000 seats for sale and only 4,000 of them are non-upper deck. List the seats early, put them up at 2x face, be patient, they'll sell.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a typical game week, StubHub only has 8,000 seats for sale, and of those 4,000 tend to be upper deck seats.
    SAR I
    even you are smarter than this.

stubhub has only a small percentage of the tickets that are for sale. e-bay,craigslist,ticketmaster,agencys,fan forums,grocerty store bulletin boards etc also sell tickets turning that 8000 total into 18,000.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^Read it and weeps, folks. SAR I speaks the truth!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    even you are smarter than this.

stubhub has only a small percentage of the tickets that are for sale. e-bay,craigslist,ticketmaster,agencys,fan forums,grocerty store bulletin boards etc also sell tickets turning that 8000 total into 18,000.
    I have easily sold my unwanted games. Post them early.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are people who want to be season ticket holders and there are people who do not.

It is no different in MetLife in 2012 than it was in Giants Stadium in 1990. You want season tickets, you commit to pay for them for decades. You want seats a-la-carte, you scour the aftermarket for decent tickets.

PSL's are nothing but a $8 to $25 price increase per ticket. Anyone who can afford $500 per game, $60,000 per decade for a family of 4 to see live NFL games they can otherwise get on TV for free can also afford the PSL fee.

A PSL is necessary if you want consistent seats with a decent view. Upper deckers are a different animal than the rest of the attendees. They are into it more for the booze and the grease than the game itself. Those that actually want to remain sober want a Mezz or LL seat so they can see the game.

StubHub is a great innovation for a PSL owner. There is now a direct, simple, and safe way to sell tickets to a-la-carte fans who want them. In seasons that are not going to be entertaining, we can allow other fans to get our great views. Not a negative, a positive. In my case, in the past three seasons only 4 sets of fans were allowed to sit in my Row 1 location. The other 16 games myself and my family blocked them out.

Stick to the spatula; you don't know anything about PSL ownership or being a season ticket holder.

SAR I
    Except that I am a psl season ticket holder with 8 seats. When you sit in your "next to the club" seats and gaze over that concrete divider, the one that separates you from the lifestyle you wish you had with your obnoxious attitude, you are looking at 4 of my seats. Well, maybe not, my seats are on the 40 a bit away from you.

As for the spatula, you truly are clueless. I get to spend my game day starting out in the lot with my friends, family, nieces and nephews and 2-300 other Jets fans as passionate about my team as me. I have made real great friends from this, have raised money for the leukemia and lymphoma society (which as a survivor is important to me) and brought the unique American tradition of tailgating to people visiting our city and our team from all parts of the world. None of this may sound like your idea of a fun day, but for thousands and thousands of Americans it is, and I am proud to say that in the thousands of people who have come through my tailgate party, I've never really had a single person complain or not be happy. That's pretty cool. This is my idea of enjoying my game day experience, and it is what I am thankfully able to do in my free time.

I'd say I pity you with your terrible attitude, but honestly I couldn't give a flying ....., but I do pity your kids for the terrible attitude you will instill in them. I'm sure at some point a bunch of the guys on this board will be tipping your daughter singles on top of the bar, so good luck with that.

I do notice your replies to me are a little more "stinging" than others. Like I said in an earlier post, I think I have gotten under your skin in a way nobody else has. I do truly take comfort in that, so thank you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except that I am a psl season ticket holder with 8 seats. When you sit in your "next to the club" seats and gaze over that concrete divider, the one that separates you from the lifestyle you wish you had with your obnoxious attitude, you are looking at 4 of my seats. Well, maybe not, my seats are on the 40 a bit away from you.

As for the spatula, you truly are clueless. I get to spend my game day starting out in the lot with my friends, family, nieces and nephews and 2-300 other Jets fans as passionate about my team as me. I have made real great friends from this, have raised money for the leukemia and lymphoma society (which as a survivor is important to me) and brought the unique American tradition of tailgating to people visiting our city and our team from all parts of the world. None of this may sound like your idea of a fun day, but for thousands and thousands of Americans it is, and I am proud to say that in the thousands of people who have come through my tailgate party, I've never really had a single person complain or not be happy. That's pretty cool. This is my idea of enjoying my game day experience, and it is what I am thankfully able to do in my free time.

I'd say I pity you with your terrible attitude, but honestly I couldn't give a flying ....., but I do pity your kids for the terrible attitude you will instill in them. I'm sure at some point a bunch of the guys on this board will be tipping your daughter singles on top of the bar, so good luck with that.

I do notice your replies to me are a little more "stinging" than others. Like I said in an earlier post, I think I have gotten under your skin in a way nobody else has. I do truly take comfort in that, so thank you.
    Have you two ever met? Either way outstanding post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Have you two ever met? Either way outstanding post.
    Other than there's no reason to bring kids into this...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not anti-PSL or out to bash people with them. However if you are looking to buy a PSL you're an absolute fool if you buy them from the Jets ticket office.

Here are two links for completed PSLs on ebay. There are also some others that are going for $1,100 per seat in $2,500 PSL seats.

1. Section 204 row 12 - 2 seats sold for $2k total

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-JET...item3f201ed4f2

2. Section 124 row 26 - 2 seats sold for $2k total again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-York-J...item43b65ab281

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone had to say it...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've met TGJoe. Very nice hardworking guy and terrific Jet fan. Gone to his parties at Metlife and in Philly and Jacksonville.

Never saw a single example of either belligerence or drunkenness even in enemy territory.

Good behavior, great food and beverages

Thank you Joe. Keep up the great service to Jet fans home and away

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Other than there's no reason to bring kids into this...
    Seriously.

He starts the entire situation with uncalled for personal attacks and now wants to bring my children into it? My 8 year old daughter? F-ck him.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I've met TGJoe. Very nice hardworking guy and terrific Jet fan. Gone to his parties at Metlife and in Philly and Jacksonville.

Never saw a single example of either belligerence or drunkenness even in enemy territory.

Good behavior, great food and beverages

Thank you Joe. Keep up the great service to Jet fans home and away
    ""I'm sure at some point a bunch of the guys on this board will be tipping your daughter singles on top of the bar, so good luck with that."""

Yeah....a real quality individual. Ban this clown
    Last edited by Redrew; 01-02-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I am not anti-PSL or out to bash people with them. However if you are looking to buy a PSL you're an absolute fool if you buy them from the Jets ticket office.

Here are two links for completed PSLs on ebay. There are also some others that are going for $1,100 per seat in $2,500 PSL seats.

1. Section 204 row 12 - 2 seats sold for $2k total

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-JET...item3f201ed4f2

2. Section 124 row 26 - 2 seats sold for $2k total again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-York-J...item43b65ab281
    I bought the 2 referred to in the above, sect. 204 and bought an additional 4 in sect. 226. Bought the tix in sect. 226 for a total of $1850. Both sets on the aisle.
    I never thought I would get a PSL. I hated the thought and vowed never to get involved in them, but I couldn't pass them up at this price.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    ""I'm sure at some point a bunch of the guys on this board will be tipping your daughter singles on top of the bar, so good luck with that."""

Yeah....a real quality individual
    Agree that was uncalled for.

Now go back under your chowd troll rock with the other cockroaches and let Jet fans work things out on a Jet fan message board without pat fan a holes throwing gasoline on the fire

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Agree that was uncalled for.

Now go back under your chowd troll rock with the other cockroaches and let Jet fans work things out on a Jet fan message board without pat fan a holes throwing gasoline on the fire
    I've told you this before, the board says "All NY Jets and NFL". So relax.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    TGJoe has been warned. Let's keep things above board people!