Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 979

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

  1. #641
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Except that I am a psl season ticket holder with 8 seats. When you sit in your "next to the club" seats and gaze over that concrete divider, the one that separates you from the lifestyle you wish you had with your obnoxious attitude, you are looking at 4 of my seats. Well, maybe not, my seats are on the 40 a bit away from you.

    As for the spatula, you truly are clueless. I get to spend my game day starting out in the lot with my friends, family, nieces and nephews and 2-300 other Jets fans as passionate about my team as me. I have made real great friends from this, have raised money for the leukemia and lymphoma society (which as a survivor is important to me) and brought the unique American tradition of tailgating to people visiting our city and our team from all parts of the world. None of this may sound like your idea of a fun day, but for thousands and thousands of Americans it is, and I am proud to say that in the thousands of people who have come through my tailgate party, I've never really had a single person complain or not be happy. That's pretty cool. This is my idea of enjoying my game day experience, and it is what I am thankfully able to do in my free time.

    I'd say I pity you with your terrible attitude, but honestly I couldn't give a flying ....., but I do pity your kids for the terrible attitude you will instill in them. I'm sure at some point a bunch of the guys on this board will be tipping your daughter singles on top of the bar, so good luck with that.

    I do notice your replies to me are a little more "stinging" than others. Like I said in an earlier post, I think I have gotten under your skin in a way nobody else has. I do truly take comfort in that, so thank you.
    This guy is now banned family is off limits

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #642
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree ... It's the multiple years of sucking that make the golden years that much brighter ... and then you die ... literally. Teased but never finished off.
    I didn't want to let this excellent post go by without mention amidst the arguments. Perhaps the most succinctly well said description of Jets fandom I've read. Thank you, sir!

  3. #643
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I didn't want to let this excellent post go by without mention amidst the arguments. Perhaps the most succinctly well said description of Jets fandom I've read. Thank you, sir!
    The Jets will be back in a few seasons and everything will be good again.

    But in the short term, things are very bleak and the Jets are not making things better by knowingly creating a two-year turmoil period when it easily could just have been one.

    Not all 30 years of the PSL timeframe are going to be fun, we all get that, but I'm not sure who wants to go see this mess next season.

    SAR I

  4. #644
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Seriously.

    He starts the entire situation with uncalled for personal attacks and now wants to bring my children into it? My 8 year old daughter? F-ck him.

    SAR I
    C'mon now. I may have tiptoed over the line a little bit with the family member remark, which i am sorry for, but you were most definitely the one to start with the personal attacks so don't pull that. And some of the things you say to people go way over the line beyond "schtick."

    At this point the argument has more than run its course I think, i'm done with it.

  5. #645
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This guy is now banned family is off limits

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    C'mon now. I may have tiptoed over the line a little bit with the family member remark, which i am sorry for, but you were most definitely the one to start with the personal attacks so don't pull that. And some of the things you say to people go way over the line beyond "schtick."

    At this point the argument has more than run its course I think, i'm done with it.
    Teh banding didnt take!

  6. #646
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    C'mon now. I may have tiptoed over the line a little bit with the family member remark, which i am sorry for, but you were most definitely the one to start with the personal attacks so don't pull that. And some of the things you say to people go way over the line beyond "schtick."

    At this point the argument has more than run its course I think, i'm done with it.
    Let's put it behind us and move on.

    SAR I

  7. #647
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let's put it behind us and move on.

    SAR I
    So who is going to be the next GM, Off Cord. and perhaps Head Coach???

    Cowher and Gruden keep ticket sales moving... not much else will outside of Chip Kelly and that is a total crapshoot....

  8. #648
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    So who is going to be the next GM, Off Cord. and perhaps Head Coach???

    Cowher and Gruden keep ticket sales moving... not much else will outside of Chip Kelly and that is a total crapshoot....
    cowher is looking better and better as these days go on.

    reports are rex left town. woody may have told him hes done.

  9. #649
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    So who is going to be the next GM, Off Cord. and perhaps Head Coach???

    Cowher and Gruden keep ticket sales moving... not much else will outside of Chip Kelly and that is a total crapshoot....
    Here's what I don't understand, how many years did it take Cowher to win a championship? You mean to tell me Jets fans will be ok with giving him 15 seasons to get it done, when they can't stand a guy who got them to the afcc in 50% of his tries?

  10. #650
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Here's what I don't understand, how many years did it take Cowher to win a championship? You mean to tell me Jets fans will be ok with giving him 15 seasons to get it done, when they can't stand a guy who got them to the afcc in 50% of his tries?
    Not even close, look at where we are at today... 4 years and everyone wants a change. With the Jets its about the splash and back pages, either of those two keep the Jets there, much like the Tebow trade did and still does to a degree until he is gone.

    Personally, I would take Gruden if he is available as he has scouted all the team with the Monday night gig. But I am in favor of keeping Rex with a new off coach who has experience scoring points. No more Tebow, and if they acquire anyone in the off season, it should be RB, TE and WR and that is it. A trade like the Thomas Jones trade would be great. The rest can be filled from the draft.

  11. #651
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Here's what I don't understand, how many years did it take Cowher to win a championship? You mean to tell me Jets fans will be ok with giving him 15 seasons to get it done, when they can't stand a guy who got them to the afcc in 50% of his tries?
    who has won a championship in the last 5 years that is available and would take the jets job?

    my choices

    1.gruden
    2.cowher
    3.?

  12. #652
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Not even close, look at where we are at today... 4 years and everyone wants a change. With the Jets its about the splash and back pages, either of those two keep the Jets there, much like the Tebow trade did and still does to a degree until he is gone.

    Personally, I would take Gruden if he is available as he has scouted all the team with the Monday night gig. But I am in favor of keeping Rex with a new off coach who has experience scoring points. No more Tebow, and if they acquire anyone in the off season, it should be RB, TE and WR and that is it. A trade like the Thomas Jones trade would be great. The rest can be filled from the draft.
    Agree 100% with that part.

  13. #653
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    So who is going to be the next GM, Off Cord. and perhaps Head Coach???

    Cowher and Gruden keep ticket sales moving... not much else will outside of Chip Kelly and that is a total crapshoot....
    Three nobodies that you've barely ever heard of.

    GM: No one good will come here with Rex Ryan being forced on him.

    OC: No one good will come here with Rex Ryan in lame-duck status.

    HC: No one good will come here in 2014 with the mess of a staff he'd inherit.

    SAR I

  14. #654
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    GM: No one good will come here with Rex Ryan being forced on him.

    OC: No one good will come here with Rex Ryan in lame-duck status.
    SAR I
    i agree with sar i on these points.

  15. #655
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread! You guys can get pretty comical.
    I expect the Jets to have many defaults on the PSLs they financed before the next renewal date. I personally feel the Jets will choose to not pursue legal action against the defaulters as they don't need any more negative PR. I wonder how the Jets will handle the resales of these PSLs? Will they establish a current market price for them? I have to believe there will be some attractive buying opportunities coming. Just like the stock market, you want to buy low. I would think the best time of the year to buy would be after the second pre season game? Perspective?

  16. #656
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Great thread! You guys can get pretty comical.
    I expect the Jets to have many defaults on the PSLs they financed before the next renewal date. I personally feel the Jets will choose to not pursue legal action against the defaulters as they don't need any more negative PR. I wonder how the Jets will handle the resales of these PSLs? Will they establish a current market price for them? I have to believe there will be some attractive buying opportunities coming. Just like the stock market, you want to buy low. I would think the best time of the year to buy would be after the second pre season game? Perspective?
    Those of us who have PSL's waited a decade on a waitlist to get them and we're not giving them up because of one bad season and a rebuilding effort.

    We're in this for the 30 year long haul. Those who default will do so because of unfortunate circumstances like losing a job, relocating, illness, etc. Every year since 1975 the Jets have seen 2-3% turnover every year for these reasons. No different now.

    There is an easy out for PSL owners should they choose to take advantage of it. Sell the 4 good games for profit, sell the 2 average games for break-even, attend the last 4 for free or perhaps a loss of 20%. If you simply must sell your PSL's, follow this strategy for a few years until we're hyped contenders again and then sell your PSL's at the high, not the low. Point is we're not talking about someone losing $4000 of his $5000 worth of season tickets; worst-case, he loses $1000. Certainly someone spending $60,000 per decade to see live NFL games can expect that in a down-year.

    SAR I

  17. #657
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Great thread! You guys can get pretty comical.
    I expect the Jets to have many defaults on the PSLs they financed before the next renewal date. I personally feel the Jets will choose to not pursue legal action against the defaulters as they don't need any more negative PR. I wonder how the Jets will handle the resales of these PSLs? Will they establish a current market price for them? I have to believe there will be some attractive buying opportunities coming. Just like the stock market, you want to buy low. I would think the best time of the year to buy would be after the second pre season game? Perspective?
    best time to buy is probably right now.

  18. #658
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Great thread! You guys can get pretty comical.
    I expect the Jets to have many defaults on the PSLs they financed before the next renewal date. I personally feel the Jets will choose to not pursue legal action against the defaulters as they don't need any more negative PR. I wonder how the Jets will handle the resales of these PSLs? Will they establish a current market price for them? I have to believe there will be some attractive buying opportunities coming. Just like the stock market, you want to buy low. I would think the best time of the year to buy would be after the second pre season game? Perspective?
    One team that had a blood bath in PSLs just stopped selling them. If you had them you had them, but they just went ahead and sold season tickets in those seats.

    Jets really cant sell directly reduced PSLs while their are outstanding balances as that would just cause more defaults. Not to at least five years from that last big sale of LLEZ seats at 2.5K so most are paid off.

    Jets should, in my humble opinion give first dibs to PSL holders in any given section on buying PSLs in that section that open up or let us buy season tickets.

    For instance my friend has two psls in 142 and 5 in family. He has no interest in buying anymore PSLs in section at 10K each or putting down anymore money out of pocket. I think he would gladly purchase 3 season tickets in section and I think he would gladly pick up the remaining balance on 3 psls in section. Jets should try that first. It would add value to the PSLs and make folks happy and less likely to default.

    Me for instance I know three rows behind me 15 seats to left a person I know has not decided if he wants seats. He did the last 2009 zero down deal but has made a few payments including the 11-1-12 payment. I dont want to buy them off him. But if he defaulted I would be ok with Jets adding his remaining balance to my account and I pick them up. As long as Jets agree not to go after me if I default on them. But odds of that are low as I got them cheap and in payments the portion that is principal really picks up after first few payments. I think plenty of us folks have four or five in family and only bought two psls. They should hit us up first.

  19. #659
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea that team that just started selling season tickets in those PSLs sections did not do financing.

    Jets has a very unique PSL issue as Jets is pretty much only team to do financing. Giants did no financing.

    Other teams if they sold 70% of stadium cash and got stuck with other 30% unsellable they can turn around and say no more psls we are selling season tickets in those seats without risking defaults as everyone owns their seats.

    Team can say you got best 70% of seats so you still got value.

    Jets have superbowl this year in stadium so can market you are in lottery and we can market out draft picks and new GM and offensive coordinator to boost sales in 2013. But if we have a bad 2013 there is no way to spin 2014 into ticket sales.

  20. #660
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like
    See below for a summary of the sales data over the last six months:

    Seating Area Six Month Average (Price Per Seat)

    Touchdown Club Sideline $6,250
    Touchdown Club Corner $2,088
    Lower Level Sideline $6,500
    Lower Level Goal Line $6,750
    Lower Level End Zone Corner $6,250
    Lower Level End Zone $1,738

    http://www.seasonticketrights.com/ne...ales-Data.aspx

    Most interesting part of data in speadsheet of last six months PSL sales is seat selection.

    For instance. Nov 12 2012 section 101 LLEZ row 44 PSL seats sold for $1,075 each for around a 60% loss.

    Meanwhile same sections 101 in December 2012, (when jets were even worse off), sold for $7,250 each a gain of almost 300%.

    Both PSLs were priced at $2,500 each. Some might argue with me. But I think the row one seats in secondary were a better deal. If I was a small business, I lay out 29K in a one shot deal and have seats with a face of $120 each to give to clients which have a huge wow factor. The cheap psls in row 44 are good seats for a actually fan to us cover, elevation, near exit. But for a business, you aint selling nothing giving away row 44 seats.

    Nov-12 2 Lower Level End Zone 101 44 -- $2,150 $1,075
    Dec-12 4 Lower Level End Zone 101 1 -- $29,000 $7,250

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us