Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Agreed on 142 row 30 on the aisle being the best deal and sightline. In and out as far as entry and exit which is also nice. Only thing that scares me is: Does the market for secondary PSLs continue to drop? Regretfully, I think it will. I will be watching these seats too to see if someone pulls the trigger or if he continues to lower the price. The seller may be compelled to reduce them further as his ticket invoice will be coming due soon ($2900).
    Could be but I bet at next price reduction those will sell. However, those sites such as seasonticket rights has a best off feature. I bet those seats do not get lowered. At that price he just might take a 6k to 7k offer.

Section 142 is a extremely wide row. His seats on the aisle by 140 is a world of difference from on the aisle by 143. Like almost 15 yards downfield. Plus he is sitting next to rich 140 folk as opposed to middle class 143 folk. Top rows of 140 are often empty so those seats are super great if you want to sneak friends in. They can use your stub hub copy and just squat in a high row 140 seat like a king.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    The problem with the surcharge idea is credit. If the events don't hit attendance targets (see Florida Marlins), the team or the state get left holding the bag. By forcing STH's to buy psl's, the risk of stadium is greatly reduced. Plus, STH's who bought psl's are less likely to drop out in bad years.
    Why are we even talking about this?

The Jets have sold at least 85% if not 90% of all PSL's and Club seats in the building. The PSL process has been a big success. Jets fans are thrilled to finally have seats that they want, Jets management is happy the building is full of loyal Jets fans willing to pay the price that was necessary. Fans who couldn't afford PSL's have their choice of affordable upper deck seats or very affordable seats off of the aftermarket and StubHub.

The New York Post was looking for a story yesterday. It's nice that they made it look like there's this mass exodus of fans from MetLife Stadium but that's simply not true. Every year since 1985, 1% to 2% of the Jets season ticker holder base churned. What's happening now is no different.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    woody was asked in news conference today if he would pursue defaulted PSL purchasers.

He said talk to the legal dept.

I bet the reporters will get a no comment from legal dept

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets have sold at least 85% if not 90% of all PSL's and Club seats in the building. The PSL process has been a big success. Jets fans are thrilled to finally have seats that they want, Jets management is happy the building is full of loyal Jets fans willing to pay the price that was necessary. Fans who couldn't afford PSL's have their choice of affordable upper deck seats or very affordable seats off of the aftermarket and StubHub.

The New York Post was looking for a story yesterday. It's nice that they made it look like there's this mass exodus of fans from MetLife Stadium but that's simply not true. Every year since 1985, 1% to 2% of the Jets season ticker holder base churned. What's happening now is no different.

SAR I
    I was just responding to a comment on how stadiums should be financed by a surcharge vs. a PSL.

As you have noted in the past, the PSL is simply a price increase paid by STH as a lump sum rather than over a number of years. While a surcharge might be a "better" option for some fans, it is a horrible option for teams and state agencies building stadiums.

Surcharges would require:
    1) Borrowing a huge sum of money;
    2) Paying interest on that huge sum of money;
    3) Relying on the continued demand for tickets to see the game live and the continued ability of the fans to pay for tickets over the next 15-30 years; and
    4) In the event of a work stoppage, the owners are left holding the bag on stadium interest payments.

By forcing STH's to prepay for the stadium with PSL's, the stadium was paid for w/o much debt to the teams or to the state.

Look at the stadium the Florida Marlins play in: that thing is empty and will be empty for years. Can you imagine what their "surcharge" income would be? Would that surcharge income pay for a beer at the stadium?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    you're like Wallace Hartley, the guy who kept playing the violin as the Titanic sank

Last edited by Timmy®; 01-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well for fun called Jets to ask if any real good PSL seats mayl open up as a result of defaults. Here is what I was told maybe opening as a result of defaulted PSLs.

"the locations that opened are all the sucker bets, bad rows, bad sections, etc. I haven't seen any actual cream and I've seen most of that manifest"

So folks like me are not defaulting, we are in the cream, the default population is not as huge as most folks expect and most seats opening up are junk. No one is walking away from great seats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    you're like Wallace Hartley, the guy who kept playing the violin as the Titanic sank

You're like Joseph McCarthy who created a problem that didn't exist so he could solve it and get attention.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just responding to a comment on how stadiums should be financed by a surcharge vs. a PSL.

Look at the stadium the Florida Marlins play in: that thing is empty and will be empty for years. Can you imagine what their "surcharge" income would be? Would that surcharge income pay for a beer at the stadium?
    I agree with your position completely, just finding it funny that we are on a tangent about how the stadium could be financed differently even though it's already financed.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Well for fun called Jets to ask if any real good PSL seats mayl open up as a result of defaults. Here is what I was told maybe opening as a result of defaulted PSLs.

"the locations that opened are all the sucker bets, bad rows, bad sections, etc. I haven't seen any actual cream and I've seen most of that manifest"

So folks like me are not defaulting, we are in the cream, the default population is not as huge as most folks expect and most seats opening up are junk. No one is walking away from great seats.
    Again, in it's simplest form, there are only 14,000 fans who hold PSL agreements with the Jets and they represent the most diehard and dedicated fans the team has. Anyone who can fork over $12,000 to $60,000 for licenses and then another $60,000 per decade isn't going to default on a PSL over a bad season or two.

We're in this for 30 years. No one expected more than 15 of them to be prosperous.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought that SAR was more this guy

The Minister of Disinformation & Propaganda
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 01-08-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets never sold season tickets in the PSL areas. Towards end of season they dumped some individual games but never season tickets. And never the right to buy the same seats each year in a PSL area.
    they most certainly did. they sold single game tickets in the psl zones during the season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    they most certainly did. they sold single game tickets in the psl zones during the season.
    I said they never soldpsl seats as season tickets with playoff rights and rights to get them every year.

This year jets came out of closet and sold psl seats on a game by game basis but I am sure on nfl ticket exchange and stub hub they were doing it all along

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets owner aware of possible PSL defaults
    January, 8, 2013
    Jan 8
    8:25
    PM ET
    By Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- There are good long-term investments, and then there are Jets personal seat licenses.

That’s what some Jets fans told the New York Post for a story, and they are considering defaulting on the pricey seats after a 6-10 season that saw the value for their tickets fall.

Asked about it Tuesday at the Jets practice facility in Florham Park, team owner Woody Johnson said he is aware of emails from fans who are having trouble reselling their tickets and want out of the PSL contract.

"I have gotten the same things," Johnson said. "The fact is that we have a lot of passion. Our fans are very passionate and they feel very strongly. They’re going to lash out and express their feelings. I don’t blame them, quite frankly. It would be a lot worse if they were apathetic and they said, 'Um, I don’t really care about this.' ... We work for the fans and we want to produce something better. That’s why we’re making these changes. We’re listening to the fans."

When the Jets and Giants were building MetLife Stadium, fans who were season-ticket holders in the old Giants Stadium had the option of renewing, but with a PSL. It’s a contract that requires a ticketholder to pay, in addition to a per-game ticket price, a one-time fee to "own" that seat.

The Jets didn’t put a PSL on each seat, but the ones that have them can be pricey; starting at $5,000 a seat. It’s paid like a mortgage, owners can finance through a five- or 15-year plan. And like a mortgage, some PSL owners in the Post’s report and online are talking about defaulting. Johnson was asked if he planned to take those defaulters to court.

"I’m not going to comment on legal (issues)," Johnson said. "You can talk to the legal department on that. We work for our fans. They’re frustrated and I feel very confident we’re going to change this thing."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been staying out of this thread because these points have been discussed enough already, but watching yesterdays press conference, you cannot help but see that this organization is 2 words from seeing actual fans leave.

Scott Cohen

It doesnt matter if people afford to keep paying for their seats, or not. It doesnt matter if the mezz sightlines are good or not. Nor does it matter if you can sell your seats to break even.

Its just becoming very difficult right now to support this team as a fan and especially financially. Whether its because of the insistence on keeping rex or not, our GM job was declined by Tom Heckert and used as leverage by David Caldwell. Our coach gave answers yesterday, that while honest, sounded idiotic. Our owner, who has zero football background, and has never hired an outside GM since he took over, backed the coach and said he believes we are on the right track.

If this organization winds up "cleaning house" by hiring the underling of the fired scapegoat, bringing no new blood into this equation, I honestly believe we will see some very loyal, longtime fans re-assess their committment to their seats and to the organization.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Asked about it Tuesday at the Jets practice facility in Florham Park, team owner Woody Johnson said he is aware of emails from fans who are having trouble reselling their tickets and want out of the PSL contract.

Some PSL owners in the Post’s report and online are talking about defaulting. Johnson was asked if he planned to take those defaulters to court.

"I’m not going to comment on legal (issues)," Johnson said. "You can talk to the legal department on that. We work for our fans. They’re frustrated and I feel very confident we’re going to change this thing."
    What does "We're going to change this thing" mean?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    What does "We're going to change this thing" mean?
    means kate upton would be a better jets owner. I least I can look at her tits during a news conference.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    means kate upton would be a better jets owner. I least I can look at her tits during a news conference.
    Good point!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with your position completely, just finding it funny that we are on a tangent about how the stadium could be financed differently even though it's already financed.

SAR I
    You have mail

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have mail
    So, now, do you.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, now, do you.

SAR I
    Glad to see you "out and about" today. Was afraid last night might have done you in. It's truly amazing that you can say that you think the coach is bad and should go and people think that means you are giving up on the team. I just don't get how people can equate the two.