Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    2 Touchdown Club Corner 244 12 1 - 2 Aisle All $5,600

If I was buying. You know what I might do this one. Yep ticket price is a killer. but it is an aisle seat one seat over from club goal line.

So a $205 ticket one seat from a $255 ticket. Also a higher row aisle towards 50 means you can scoot back and forth into clubs as much as you want on cold or rainy days without blocking peoples view.

Finallly, any investment you could lose 100% of money, in this case the low PSL cost limits.

But is is still a little screwy that the best value seat in whole club section, and the best part of that value section on aisle towards higher priced side still goes for almost half price.

As clubs get emptier, who is paying the higher prices. I see Club Goal line fairly empty, so nothing to stop you from sitting in 243 every game and paying 244 price
    That is a good value for the PSL, plus it is on the good side on the aisle. However, $205 per seat is a nut if Jet tix are not your highest priority in life. You would also get the Green Parking passes and you are out in the lot in a flash. But hey, if $500 per game fits into the budget (minus the PSL), this is the least painful screwing the Jets can give you for club seats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    yes , they`ll scoop them up at $25 bucks a game on gameday for those lower level seats . The team stinks & no-one wants to work for Woody
    You seem to be very negative on the Jets and the season ticket holders who aren't quitting on the team.

Can you tell me why?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    You do realize that SAR knows very well about good seat locations in the stadium, but as far as PSL demand goes he has been wrong on everything.

Alkrotraz seems to be much more knowledgeable on actual PSL demand and the secondary market.

Just my 2 cents on who I would listen to.
    Here we go again.

There have been 68 seats that have changed hands on this website considered to be "the biggest PSL fan-to-fan marketplace" since 2009. Four years, 68 seats, 28 transactions. That's an average of 17 seats and 7 transactions per year. OMG! IT'S A PSL EXODUS!

68 seats out of 82,500 is a percentage so small I can't even calculate it. Alkotraz gives good opinions but its based on a sample size that's so small it makes the entire hypothesis incorrect. "Wait until next year, the prices may come down" really? The odds of more seats opening up in Section 142 are smaller than the odds of the Jets winning 5 games next season.

Instead of talking about the "prices" of PSL's that are "currently for sale", better to talk about the big picture: NO ONE IS SELLING THEIR PSL's.

But I expect this from you, QJF. Two fans and a hot-dog vendor showed up in Queens to "protest" the Jets leaving for New Jersey and you view it as an "outrage" that the team was out of touch with its fans. Meanwhile, in the middle of two very disappointing seasons, the stadium is 95% sold out and 90% full, and there are a whopping 17 seats a year changing hands on PSL sale sites. EXODUS!

Thanks for the laughs.

SAR I

You do realize that SAR knows very well about good seat locations in the stadium, but as far as PSL demand goes he has been wrong on everything.

Alkrotraz seems to be much more knowledgeable on actual PSL demand and the secondary market.

Just my 2 cents on who I would listen to.
    SAR knows every good viewing location. But viewing and personal preference is far different than resale value on PSL and ticket.

For example my buddy who has one five year old son, a wife who does not like football bought two PSLs in Mezz B Family section under cover. For him since he is taking a kid and you know how kids are in rain or snow and how much drinking Jets fans curse etc. They were good seats to him. Meanwhile Mezz B family section are most likely worst seats in stadium to try and sell seats.

The only winners in PSL process were folks who personally like the seats worth the most. Lots of folks will say I rather sit row 28 in section 142 than row one. However, resale is better down low. But if you go to majority of games and dont planning on selling your psl personal choice is most important factor.

Thing that is worrisome is lots of scalpers are dumping. I saw on line that every seat in section 144 row one, two and three is on sale from same scalper. He is actually selling section 144 row 3 for $4,750 a seat. That is a heck of a loss in row 3 alone as that is 13 seats.

I see lots of scalpers bailing on whole rows in decent PSL sections at a loss. I am not a scalper. But it is worrisome that professional scalpers have decided the best course of action is to dump PSLs at a loss rather than pony up for the season ticket bill.

That said. I think around time season ticket money is due may be best time, period to buy a PSl in the secondary. That is where the rubber meets the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here we go again.

There have been 68 seats that have changed hands on this website considered to be "the biggest PSL fan-to-fan marketplace" since 2009. Four years, 68 seats, 28 transactions. That's an average of 17 seats and 7 transactions per year. OMG! IT'S A PSL EXODUS!

68 seats out of 82,500 is a percentage so small I can't even calculate it. Alkotraz gives good opinions but its based on a sample size that's so small it makes the entire hypothesis incorrect. "Wait until next year, the prices may come down" really? The odds of more seats opening up in Section 142 are smaller than the odds of the Jets winning 5 games next season.

Instead of talking about the "prices" of PSL's that are "currently for sale", better to talk about the big picture: NO ONE IS SELLING THEIR PSL's.

But I expect this from you, QJF. Two fans and a hot-dog vendor showed up in Queens to "protest" the Jets leaving for New Jersey and you view it as an "outrage" that the team was out of touch with its fans. Meanwhile, in the middle of two very disappointing seasons, the stadium is 95% sold out and 90% full, and there are a whopping 17 seats a year changing hands on PSL sale sites. EXODUS!

Thanks for the laughs.

SAR I
    Think back to when the Auction Rate Securities Market froze up, when subprime bond market froze up. Sometimes more worrisome thing is lack of sales. Bad enough things go cheap, but worse when you cant find buyers at all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    SAR knows every good viewing location. But viewing and personal preference is far different than resale value on PSL and ticket.

For example my buddy who has one five year old son, a wife who does not like football bought two PSLs in Mezz B Family section under cover. For him since he is taking a kid and you know how kids are in rain or snow and how much drinking Jets fans curse etc. They were good seats to him. Meanwhile Mezz B family section are most likely worst seats in stadium to try and sell seats.

The only winners in PSL process were folks who personally like the seats worth the most. Lots of folks will say I rather sit row 28 in section 142 than row one. However, resale is better down low. But if you go to majority of games and dont planning on selling your psl personal choice is most important factor.

Thing that is worrisome is lots of scalpers are dumping. I saw on line that every seat in section 144 row one, two and three is on sale from same scalper. He is actually selling section 144 row 3 for $4,750 a seat. That is a heck of a loss in row 3 alone as that is 13 seats.

I see lots of scalpers bailing on whole rows in decent PSL sections at a loss. I am not a scalper. But it is worrisome that professional scalpers have decided the best course of action is to dump PSLs at a loss rather than pony up for the season ticket bill.

That said. I think around time season ticket money is due may be best time, period to buy a PSl in the secondary. That is where the rubber meets the road.
    Respectfully, just stop already.

When I post on seating locations, it's purely subjective. Sort of like saying chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla. Some people don't like the mezzanine, not like my saying "the mezzanine rules!" is going to sway anyone.

Conversely, you keep posting with "empirical data" showing what PSL seats are currently "going for" in the "open market" but your datapoints are bad and your reliance on a single PSL site that itself admits to only 7 Jets transactions per year in a 4 year period is not only sketchy, it's downright misleading.

Now you have "a ticket scalper" to add to the list of "credible datapoints". Really? A scalper? Who is this guy? How many Jets fans can he contact? 10 or 10,000? Does he offer drugs too, or just NFL tickets? He has "no interest" at certain price levels? So what, he's just one guy out of tens of thousands.

I'm going to sell my PSL's to my wife for $64,000 tonight. Then, I'll come back into this thread and say "Wow! PSL's are selling like hotcakes, Mezz A corners just went for 4x face value! FTW!"

You get the point. Cut it out.

SAR I

Here we go again.

Thanks for the laughs.

SAR I
    Oh so this thread and your 68 seats is a scientific sample of the secondary PSL market? Alkrotraz who constantly surveys the markets in different sites seems to have a good grasp on it. The prices seem to be declining significantly.

You're smart enough to know the laws of supply and demand right? Prices don't go down if more people aren't selling then are buying. Hence once again your analysis of PSl's is flawed by your biases.

Reality can be a tough b*tch sometimes SAR.

We all get it you love your seats and are happy with the new stadium and everything in this process worked out great for you. No need to spread misinformation to others.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Oh so this thread and your 68 seats is a scientific sample of the secondary PSL market? Alkrotraz who constantly surveys the markets in different sites seems to have a good grasp on it. The prices seem to be declining significantly.

You're smart enough to know the laws of supply and demand right? Prices don't go down if more people aren't selling then are buying. Hence once again your analysis of PSl's is flawed by your biases.

Reality can be a tough b*tch sometimes SAR.

We all get it you love your seats and are happy with the new stadium and everything in this process worked out great for you. No need to spread misinformation to others.
    On the very site where Jets fans buy and sell a whopping 7 PSL's per year the Giants have more PSL's for sale than the Jets do. What are your thoughts on that? Love to hear it. Their fanbase was always in NJ, right? Their team has won 2 Super Bowls in the last few years, right? Their team gets to play glamor Cowboys, Mike Vick, and RGIII each year, right? They're not playing in 'someone else's stadium', right?

The Jets are in a down period. No question about it. The economy is in a down period. No question about that either. You would expect some Jets fans to not want to write a check for $5,000 in April for season tickets. You would expect some Jets fans to be down on their luck, out of a job, death in the family, relocation. The Jets have stated that 2% of the seats in Giants Stadium from 1984-2009 changed hands every year too, nothing different now.

You listen to Alkotraz and his 7 transactions per year and his drug-dealing scalper all you want. Truth is, if there were a mass PSL exodus we'd have heard about it by now. How about you listen to the dozens of real-world PSL holders in this very thread and pay attention to the fact that none of us are dumping them, none of us are defaulting on anything, none of us are unhappy, none of us expected 30 years of consecutive winning seasons.

Personally, you just keep rooting against the Jets any way you can. Sickening.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    So a $205 ticket one seat from a $255 ticket.

lean over, put your head next to the guy sitting in the chair and say "oh yeah, that's worth fifty bucks".

Actually it is good data. I put in a bid to buy the two seats right behind my seats. I spoke to the guy to see what he could do. Turns out he owns around 50 psls that he sells 100% of tickets for every game.

Year three of stadium, ten games in season 50 PSLs. So he had sold 1,500 Jets ticket on secondary market over last three years.

You are right PSL sales data is limited. But sales data based on ticket sales is not. A scalper based on prior sales data and projected future cash flows arrives at a price he wants to sell PSL at. It is not a willy nilly fan selling.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Actually it is good data. I put in a bid to buy the two seats right behind my seats. I spoke to the guy to see what he could do. Turns out he owns around 50 psls that he sells 100% of tickets for every game.

Year three of stadium, ten games in season 50 PSLs. So he had sold 1,500 Jets ticket on secondary market over last three years.

You are right PSL sales data is limited. But sales data based on ticket sales is not. A scalper based on prior sales data and projected future cash flows arrives at a price he wants to sell PSL at. It is not a willy nilly fan selling.
    There are 82,500 seats in the stadium.

The 68 known transactions in 4 years is bad enough, now you're tossing around a scalper with 50 seats who tried to sell a couple and couldn't get any biters. Scalpers, by defnition, don't cater to diehard Jets fans. They sell seats on a per-game basis to fly-by-night Jets fans and diehard enemy fans who travel to games.

Diehard Jets fans looking to join the PSL family don't think to call their friendly neighborhood ticket pimp to get them.

SAR I

The 68 known transactions in 4 years is bad enough, now you're tossing around a scalper with 50 seats who tried to sell a couple and couldn't get any biters. Scalpers, by defnition, don't cater to diehard Jets fans. They sell seats on a per-game basis to fly-by-night Jets fans and diehard enemy fans who travel to games.

Diehard Jets fans looking to join the PSL family don't think to call their friendly neighborhood ticket pimp to get them.

SAR I
    So diehard cheapskate Jets fans would rather buy PSLs directly from Jets instead of half price.

Jets are so inept they are selling LLEZ for 4k meanwhile that is over double the secondary market.

Sellers selling PSLs at a significant discount is only PSL market. Go look at how cheap those 68 transactions had to go to attract buyers. 40% off looks pretty normal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    So diehard cheapskate Jets fans would rather buy PSLs directly from Jets instead of half price.

Jets are so inept they are selling LLEZ for 4k meanwhile that is over double the secondary market.

Sellers selling PSLs at a significant discount is only PSL market. Go look at how cheap those 68 transactions had to go to attract buyers. 40% off looks pretty normal.
    No one knows that site even exists. It is simply not popular enough and there aren't enough transactions to draw any realistic conclusions from it. If you want to keep posting sketchy data from sources like that, I will just run around and correct you, put an asterisk on every time you post it. Will be oodles of fun for everyone. I downloaded the December spreadsheet on their site, and will compare it to the January spreadsheet when they release it. I'm sure we will enjoy seeing 2 transactions and 3 new listings. Exodus.

There is no active PSL market right now because the Jets just finished selling most of the PSL's and those of us who just bought them don't really feel the need to sell them. We are not stupid, we agreed to a 30 year commitment, there's no reason to bail on the team now. And for people with short-term concerns, this is one of the best Jets home schedules ever for the resale market. In a year where the Jets will be hard-pressed to come up with 5 wins, I'm anticipating making a profit near $1000 for the season. Not bad.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

You seem to be very negative on the Jets and the season ticket holders who aren't quitting on the team.

Can you tell me why?

SAR I
    30 + years of 4 JET Season tickets EVEN THOUGH I was brought up in a family of Giant Season ticket holders , when the time came to decide go with the PSL`s or not ,I didn`t use the JETS many decades of losing football to make my decision but all the Fiendships I made over all those years at every home game and those 16 H tailgates (except the last 2 last year) and I averaged about 3-5 road games every year for the last 10 years but now between the PSL`s & lousey team the last two years most of those fellow fans are gone or are leaving there is just not the same joy going to the games as used to be .I wish I could think of a reason to stay ,but I can`t .you asked me why ,now you know.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    30 + years of 4 JET Season tickets EVEN THOUGH I was brought up in a family of Giant Season ticket holders , when the time came to decide go with the PSL`s or not ,I didn`t use the JETS many decades of losing football to make my decision but all the Fiendships I made over all those years at every home game and those 16 H tailgates (except the last 2 last year) and I averaged about 3-5 road games every year for the last 10 years but now between the PSL`s & lousey team the last two years most of those fellow fans are gone or are leaving there is just not the same joy going to the games as used to be .I wish I could think of a reason to stay ,but I can`t .you asked me why ,now you know.
    Other issue with Jets, unlike Giants is seat location. Giants fans are happy to sit anywhere. Tell someone you got an extra ticket to Giants game the go great lets go. Tell a Jets fan, they are like where are you seats.

Case in point. Spur of the moment the second $50 dollar seats were announced I bought a pair on aisle right next to $75 dollar seats. Upper Deck. Figured in case I wanted extra, etc.

Guess what I have no clue what those seats are like. Kids, wife friends no one wanted them. I even offered them free for a game and got I rather pay you for your good seats.

And those were good $50 dollar seats on aisle. I cant imagine how little UD EZ last row $50 dollar seats were selling for.

I am not renewing those seats. I bet tons of folks who bought $50 dollar seats are not. BTW I broke even on those seats and only reason was I could not go to any games after Sandy so I dumped them all prior to epic collaspe.

SAR I
    Your 68 transactions dont take into account how many people have simply stopped paying the Jets and defaulted or turned in their seats.

There isnt going to be a mass exodus in terms of there being 1000 different PSL "options" for sale in the open market online. Furthermore, I doubt there will be a huge drop in the prices of the PSLs themselves simply because there isnt 1 "market" where the transactions take place....they are sold on many differnet sites, in many different ways.

The Jets also may be able to prevent any appearance of an exodus but holding on to the returned seats and distributing them to service members or selling them on a game by game basis which again, wont crush the "perceived price" of the PSL itself, but will hurt the ability to sell those seats on a game by game basis.

Like with the turn of any market, it doesnt and cannot happen overnight....Lets see how 2013 shakes out.

one thing is certain: for the next 20 years, everytime the Jets have a losing/non playoff appearance season, we will have to endure stupid threads just like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    one thing is certain: for the next 20 years, everytime the Jets have a losing/non playoff appearance season, we will have to endure stupid threads just like this.
    At least I am not a Jets/Nets/Mets fan

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I will tell you how to spend your fun money and call you names whether you like it or not. You are wasting $500 this year, fool.

Now excuse me while I go waste $3500 on cigarettes and $1300 on beer.

SAR I

this is not a stupid thread at all. It`s a mecca of information and misinformation. Positive, negative and neutral responses. People learn more from these threads than anywhere else. Just my two cents.