Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Somebody's getting a little ornery now that the shoe's on the other foot, someone is lecturing him on how he should spend his fun money.

Your dog costs you $120 per month, $1,440 per year, $20,288 over its lifetime.

Put down your dog. Then you can tell me what to do with my PSL's.

SAR I
    Actually dont have a dog, but great analogy.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    A dramatic way of making a point, but a valid point nonetheless.

Look, we all get the fact that PSL's are a Woody Johnson hijack of loyal season-ticket holders. The 16,000 or so PSL holders are not blithering idiots, we didn't get duped. We just wanted a good view and we didn't care that in the grand scheme of things we were paying an extra few dollars per game for that privilege.

Yet it has been open season here on Jets Insider since 2008 on fans that one could argue are amongst the most loyal out of all of us. It would be nice if it stopped for a change.

We all have our vices. Spending money to watch the Jets play live isn't really that bad. In fact, some might say that it's really diehard.

SAR I

We all have our vices. Spending money to watch the Jets play live isn't really that bad. In fact, some might say that it's really diehard.

SAR I
    Diehard fans actually attend all the games, not just the "good" ones.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I don`t have a dog either ,but studies with people who own dogs or cats live longer .now while $20,000 is a lot to spend on a dog ,what would you pay for another year of enjoyable life or more important ,what would another year with your mom,dad or wife be worth to you ...every situation is different.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Diehard fans bled out when they ripped their eyes out of their sockets watching the Jets O against TN.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    +1

So long as they believe in their head coach and their future. But if they don't, StubHub here we come.

Selling my tickets is part of the master plan, chief. Didn't you hear that Jets fans smart enough to avoid PSL's can get tickets to any game they want ŕ la carte? Just where do you think those tickets come from?

When I give up my Steelers tickets to StubHub, I'm helping my fellow Jets fans, very diehard of me. And because these super smart no-PSL fans don't get hosed with ten games including the worthless preseason, they are more than willing to pay me two times face value for the privilege.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-17-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I don`t have a dog either ,but studies with people who own dogs or cats live longer .now while $20,000 is a lot to spend on a dog ,what would you pay for another year of enjoyable life or more important ,what would another year with your mom,dad or wife be worth to you ...every situation is different.
    Excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Excuse me?
    Hmmm this thread has gone a bit OT, don't ya think? A sure sign of where it's heading.

"Dogs can cost between $310 and $7,100 to maintain every year and between $4,070 and $101,070 to maintain over a lifetime, says Kiplinger’s Personal Finance."

You stop your tailgating and put down the dog, I'll give up my PSL's.

SAR I
    its mom's problem and no way will I stop tailgating, may be all we have for the next bunch of years!! FYI: I do have 8 PSL's too....

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Hmmm this thread has gone a bit OT, don't ya think? A sure sign of where it's heading.
    These guys started this crap. with haveing a Dog was a waste of around $1,400 a yr. & $20,000 in the dogs life.M

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    its mom's problem and no way will I stop tailgating, may be all we have for the next bunch of years!! FYI: I do have 8 PSL's too....
    I know. LOL. That wasn't directed at you.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-17-2013 at 02:44 PM.

I did my time on the waitlist for 10 long seasons while old-timers squatted in the good seats because they could sell half the seats for 2x face value and attend the other half of the season for free. Lincoln freed the slaves, Johnson freed the waitlisters. Be happy for me.

SAR I
    You've posted this a few times... what, you couldnt find some friends with seats that would sell to you, or otherwise figure out how to leapfrog the old wait list, like many of us with less resources did, to get our season tickets in the old Meadowlands?

are we saying PSLs are dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    You've posted this a few times... what, you couldnt find some friends with seats that would sell to you, or otherwise figure out how to leapfrog the old wait list, like many of us with less resources did, to get our season tickets in the old Meadowlands?
    I was on Jets list for like 15 years and dreaded the day my number was called. Why I had folks who give me games for free or at a loss on a regular basis, once my number was called I had to buy.

Getting jets seats in a bad season was not a good thing. Better to be next on list for next year.

I got called in 2006,2007 and finally accepted seats last year of new stadium.

SAR should buy every seat for sale below the orignal asking price if they are such good deals, they are PSL gold. And when gold sells for silver prices you buy

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    are we saying PSLs are dogs?
    This thread certainly is

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This thread certainly is

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to flex those Modly muscles of yours, and give this thread the old heave-ho over to the JI garbage recycling forum.

Hall Of Fame

Selling my tickets is part of the master plan, chief. Didn't you hear that Jets fans smart enough to avoid PSL's can get tickets to any game they want ŕ la carte? Just where do you think those tickets come from?

SAR I
    If Woody wasn't able to round up thousands of chumps, there wouldn't be any PSL's.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    From 1988 to 2001 I was on the waitlist. For the vast majority of that time, there was no internet, no eBay, no Craigslist. Back then, had to rely on word of mouth or Newsday to find something. I tried to find season ticket holders to buy out, but no luck.

I discovered the internet in 1994, got into eBay into 2000, and very quickly found an old postal worker who was in retirement, couldn't go to games anymore, gave him $10,000 for a postcard on which he put my name and address as his "nephew" and, boom, 3 seats, Row 1, Mezzanine Giants Stadium.

For those 13 long, hard years I scalped a lot of seats in the parking lot, called a few brokers, got some seats from business associates, that's it.

So that's why PSL's are a dream for me. Finally, good seats, no nonsense, just cash.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    If Woody wasn't able to round up thousands of chumps, there wouldn't be any PSL's.
    If there weren't any PSL's Woody couldn't have evicted the old farts and blue collar cheapskate freeloaders from the stadium.

You view a PSL as a $5 bill. I view a PSL as Abraham Lincoln.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Time to flex those Modly muscles of yours, and give this thread the old heave-ho over to the JI garbage recycling forum.
    why? I find the debate very interesting...with as many posts and views as it has gotten it seems many others find it interesting as well.