Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    My house was heavily damaged in Sandy and I carried no flood insurance. I got no problem with honest contractors making a buck but so many were shady.

Electricians showed up uninvited trying to charge me 10K to rewire house or report me.

Rip out and mold remediation folk targeting the elderly and poor getting them scared to death and paying through the nose.

Oil/furnace people trying to charge for pump outs of old oil that DEC does for free.

"licensed" contractors, electricians and plumbers trying to stop people from using handymen.

I have a honest guy helping me, but he no longer wont work if me or wife aint home.

I feel really bad for some old lady near me, she got 31,900K from fema to do repairs and shady mold people, rip out people, electricans and plumbers hit her up for the full 31,900 and after they bled her dry they left her with a empty torn up house.

Meanwhile she could have got her electrical, plumbing, ripout and mold done for free and she should have used the 31,900 to actually rebuild.

I had to watch 99% of contractors like a hawk. Even had a guy with a fake LIPA badge attempt to enter property, a building inspector looking for cash and a contractor threaten my sheetrock guy from queens for moving in on his area.

I know the guys want to make a buck, but stick with folks with insurance, leave us folks without insurance or widows and orphans alone. I dont need to pay for the money you lost on your jets tickets, your new car or your trip to Atlantis
    you didnt and neither did anyone else.

hard work long hours and being honest and caring is how i run the business im involved with.

i cant fix stupid and that seems to be what happened to many of the incidents you posted.

why would anyone tell a contractor how much they got from fema.

do you live in stuperville?

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    IF I keep my seats, I will 110% be selling that game.

I wish I had gone upstairs, because the PSL's are just not worth it.
    I told you to stay upstairs when you had those seats. Instead you broke my balls that I would be needing oxygen lol.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no way i lost as we speak even with the option to sell the 4psls and seats im still gonna be out $19.5k. just couldnt fathom paying all that money for those seats hard to sell also at that price. it is what it is i dont look back i look forward. put a decent team on the field weekly and things will get better as it cant get any worse.
    That sux and understand why you took a lower loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Economics.

In years when the Jets are going to be weak, I will selectively go to games. My family and I will have a good time, cheer our hearts out. But I deliberately chose my seat selection so that in seasons like this, I can sell what I need to to recoup as much money as I can.

SAR I
    True, it just sounded like your game plan going into every year is to sell the elite games to try to subsidize the other 6, which doesn't make a lot of sense if you're simply a fan of the team. But yeah, if the season starts to go badly, and there are still top opponents left, then in that case it's certainly a good opportunity to get some of the money back..

you didnt and neither did anyone else.

hard work long hours and being honest and caring is how i run the business im involved with.

i cant fix stupid and that seems to be what happened to many of the incidents you posted.

why would anyone tell a contractor how much they got from fema.

do you live in stuperville?
    every contractor knows you either have insurance to pay for it all or a check for $31,900 from fema.

My beef was contractors charging folks for work who have no insurance that they can get for free and then leaving a house half done when funds run out or make them hit their credit card or take out a heloc.

No contractor should every charge widows and orphans without flood insurance for electrical boxes, rip-outs or mold remediation. They can get that for free, they should take the money for what is not covered. I saw so many servpro folks banging credit cards for 5k the week or two after flood only for those folks to find the town would have sprayed for free. That 5k should have went to their appliances.

I've got upper deck season tickets. I will be back next year. I am sure there will be some people who drop.

The problem in the new stadium is a lot of people bought more than what they could afford expecting to be amateur brokers and they're seeing that won't work. For me I buy my seats and I go to every game. I went to 105 straight games before two leg surgeries this year. I gave my ticket to the 49ers game to my mom so she could go with my dad and sister. My dad sister and I all missed the Cardinals game because of my second surgery and I got half face value on my tickets. I didn't care too much because my attitude is when you buy tickets you buy it to go to the games not with the expectation that you sell your tickets.

Nothing drives me crazier than someone saying they're a fan because they have high priced tickets but they sell half their games. It's almost like someone saying their a devout Jew or Catholic because they pay for their temple or church but show up only once or twice a year.

The big problem facing the Jets is there are still unsold PSLs and upper deck seats. They will be tougher to unload and seats that brokers buy that were unsold it will be tougher to get brokers to buy those seats again.

Most mass exoduses in the past happened because ticket prices kept rising. After a 4-12 2007 season prices rose again and about 7,000 people dropped their seats. Then the new stadium came and even more dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    As an Fing patfan wtf do you know

There has been about a 1-2 percent turnover in PSL seats each year due to moves deaths and joblosses.

It will probably be the same or less this offseason since the majority of PSLs are paid off and nobody is throwing away a significant asset value to not buy tickets whose annual costs can be easily recouped.

Want to see that mass exodus...watch Sucksboro in 2015 when Gramps Brady hangs up his panties and the front-runners bail by the tens of thousands

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Good ole Sucksboro in 2015. Truckers are going to have to renew their Highway Use Tax permits in 2015, so it sounds like there's going to be a lot to look forward to in the year 2015...
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 12-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    That sux and understand why you took a lower loss.
    i had no choice and i bought them on a whim it was a spur of the moment decision. i got what i could to get the hell out of those seats.

every contractor knows you either have insurance to pay for it all or a check for $31,900 from fema.

My beef was contractors charging folks for work who have no insurance that they can get for free and then leaving a house half done when funds run out or make them hit their credit card or take out a heloc.

No contractor should every charge widows and orphans without flood insurance for electrical boxes, rip-outs or mold remediation. They can get that for free, they should take the money for what is not covered. I saw so many servpro folks banging credit cards for 5k the week or two after flood only for those folks to find the town would have sprayed for free. That 5k should have went to their appliances.
    i agree id go a step further to say many of those rip off artists should have their asses kicked.

This sounds like stuff right out of the show Treme....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You're driving yourself nuts with some of these idiots. Just ignore 'em. Everyone knew that in a year when the Jets suck, ppl would be crying about their PSLs and the bitter former STH's would be chiming in. Par for the course and they did not fail to disappoint. The haters here are so utterly predictable that it's comical.
    Excellent advice IMO

Arguing with the couch potatoes and the bailed UDers is just an exercise in personal aggravation.

Those of us who finally have the seats of our dreams should just continue to enjoy them...and who cares really what others say or do. Let them create threads with their annual prediction of massive PSL departures...let them call us stupid and sheep

They are the ones missing out on the experience of watching live NFL football from great seats.

Don't fall into the traps they set

Those of us who finally have the seats of our dreams should just continue to enjoy them...and who cares really what others say or do.
    that dream is some nightmare isnt it?

paying all that money for what?

cant wait to see how many no-shows there will be at sundays game.

i too am invested and its not worth bragging about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry GMC Ive taken your advice and all I see when you post is

This genius is on your ignore list

Better that than have you go whining and crying to the mods begging for them to punish me

Enjoy your truck and your life

Sorry GMC Ive taken your advice and all I see when you post is

This genius is on your ignore list

Better that than have you go whining and crying to the mods begging for them to punish me

Enjoy your truck and your life

blah blah blah...............

im not gmc do you have adhd?

they should ban you.

you are not liked by many including me.

heres hoping to you getting coal for christmas.

blah blah blah...............

im not gmc do you have adhd?

they should ban you.

you are not liked by many including me.

heres hoping to you getting coal for christmas.
    He's probably Jewish, so hope again Tai Mai Shu

Jets Insider VIP
    GMC is quite an angry dude, no

all I told him is that I've followed his request and I am ignoring him

Yet there he goes again, with another whining plea to the mods to ban me

sorry GMC

you asked for me to ignore your baloney

I am doing so as you requested

GMC is quite an angry dude, no

all I told him is that I've followed his request and I am ignoring him

Yet there he goes again, with another whining plea to the mods to ban me

sorry GMC

you asked for me to ignore your baloney

I am doing so as you requested
    im not gmc so blah blah blah.

merry christmas or happy chanuka whatever applies sg3.
    Last edited by Nike; 12-20-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You still haven't answered what the point is of having tickets if you're going to sell the games against top teams?
    In a down year I will do whatever it takes to recoup the most money.

In a good year I will plan on attending every game. And by "good" I don't mean by record. I'll attend games in a 2-14 season if the team is trying hard. I'm not going to waste this Sunday watching Bart Scott and David Harris whiff. I'd rather watch paint dry.

SAR I

As an Fing patfan wtf do you know

There has been about a 1-2 percent turnover in PSL seats each year due to moves deaths and joblosses.

It will probably be the same or less this offseason since the majority of PSLs are paid off and nobody is throwing away a significant asset value to not buy tickets whose annual costs can be easily recouped.

Want to see that mass exodus...watch Sucksboro in 2015 when Gramps Brady hangs up his panties and the front-runners bail by the tens of thousands

SG3, If you read my post you would recognize that the 5000 STH seats I was referring to were 5000 of the 29,000 upper deck seats that don't have PSLs.

The team had trouble selling those UD seats last year as individual games seats, Even with the new jet fans/tebowites coming on board last year.

And why do you think Brady is going to retire @38? I hope that partiot fans bail by the thousands as it will make it easier to get tickets.

I am glad for you and all the other PSL holders are happy with your purchase and I feel bad for the PSL holders that are not happy with their purchase. Both groups have shown more loyalty to the jets than the jets to them.

But onto your point of the PSL owners bailing. Why are you just refereeing to the owners who still have balances on thier accounts? I think the paid off owners are much more likely to sell their PSLs privately than the guys who owe 1/2 yet and can face collection credit action. If a fan sells his 2000-4000 psl for 50-66% of the value rather than continue to buy 10 tickets per each license for a team that many of them feel will be a sub .500 team. I consider that bailing also, don't you?
    Last edited by patman; 12-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    My last time discussing this with a pat fan

I agree about UDers.

Up to 5000 will bail every year win or lose. The seats suvk there almost as high and awful as those at Gillette but its not a problem since there will never be a problem finding annual replacements. The seats are cheap..there is a large population and the economy is improving.

As for your PSL argument I think it is baseless. Bailing would be defined as walking away from your PSL investment by not buying season tickets as contractually required. This was a real possibility when only a small deposit or no deposit had been made than now when the majority are fully paid. Selling your PSL is of course possible but presumably the buyer would use his seats thus it is not IMO bailing.

I'd guess that maybe 1-2 percent might actually bail which would be 500-1000 seats out of the 50000+ sold PSL seats.

There would be little problem reselling those to new buyers IMO

My last time discussing this with a pat fan

I agree about UDers.

Up to 5000 will bail every year win or lose. The seats suvk there almost as high and awful as those at Gillette but its not a problem since there will never be a problem finding annual replacements. The seats are cheap..there is a large population and the economy is improving.

As for your PSL argument I think it is baseless. Bailing would be defined as walking away from your PSL investment by not buying season tickets as contractually required. This was a real possibility when only a small deposit or no deposit had been made than now when the majority are fully paid. Selling your PSL is of course possible but presumably the buyer would use his seats thus it is not IMO bailing.

I'd guess that maybe 1-2 percent might actually bail which would be 500-1000 seats out of the 50000+ sold PSL seats.

There would be little problem reselling those to new buyers IMO

Well we have different takes on bailing. To me A STH not continuing to buy tickets is bailing on the team. Whether the STH is a PSL holder that also sells his sells his PSL along with his tickets or a STH holder of a non psl seat. I don't see the difference. But as a Patriot fan I could not be expected to understand something so complicated.