Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    29164 2 Coaches Club 114 15 14 - 15 None $5,000

Saw this on seasonticketrights wow Coaches club at $2,500 each.

Granted, who in their right mind would pay even one dollar for a PSL that requires you to buy preseason games at $700 a ticket.

But still amazing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    29164 2 Coaches Club 114 15 14 - 15 None $5,000

Saw this on seasonticketrights wow Coaches club at $2,500 each.

Granted, who in their right mind would pay even one dollar for a PSL that requires you to buy preseason games at $700 a ticket.

But still amazing.
    i felt the same way paying $295 a ticket x4 for preseason.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    i would wait till invoices are sent, you can never trust anything the Jets do
    I hope there's no raise in prices. A lot of us are just barely getting by with the current ticket price. Eventually, from a financial standpoint, with the raise of ticket prices many of us will have no choice but to default on PSL payments and forgo our tickets. I was looking at some of the road games I've been to with the face value on the ticket......field level, first row in Philly....$95. Field level, 7th row in DC....$98 and field level, 11th row in Tennessee.....$99.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Time is no longer on YOUR side, but figure, there are a bunch of new Jets fans that were born like 4-6 years ago that are going to be growing up as little kids which will coincide with the new golden era of Jets football that is beginning somewhere around 2016, so at least that's a silver lining, right?
    Screw those little bastards.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    wanna fix the mess. charge a psl for prime upper deck seats and lower the ticket prices for the entire stadium.

im against psls altogether but they are here to stay.
    They should just tarp over the upper reaches of the UD end zones at this point (like Jax). No one wants to sit up there for Jets games. It would at least better preserve the value of the rest of the Upper Deck tickets by decreasing the supply.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Selling off my tickets in a down-year makes me a smart fan.

I'm committed to giving the Jets a check for $5,000 a year for 30 years. Factor in inflation and increases, I'll be paying the Jets $200,000 to watch them play between now and 2040, so if I want to attend 4 games in a down year vs. 8 games in a good year I think I'm comfortable with that.

And, if you want to play the "fairweather fan" game, please feel free to write a check to the Jets for $201,000 and then you can tell me exactly what you think of me.

Savvy?

SAR I
    Minus the extra $13 a game you pay for your PSL fee I am pretty much paying the same amount as you. Only difference is I go every week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The entire stadium is over priced at this point. The big problem was the Jets thought they were the Giants and could charge the same prices and have the same demand. Problem is the Jets are not the Giants and do not have the same demand. In fact in many non-club sections of the stadium the ticket and/or PSL prices are higher.

First they lowered goal line and touchdown corner seats, then mezanine b, lower end zone and sideline seats. Problem was they pissed off so many fans many said screw you and dropped. They went for the younger generation or people with money and booted out a lot of long time fans. Problem is the newer ticketholders now aren't used to a losing season and want out. The long time holders knew this type of thing happens and they stick around during the tough times.

When the new stadium was built on top of the PSL the prices became a big outrageous. Upper deck seats going for $95-$125. Lower level end zone seats used to be $80 and took a 50% price increase to $120 and after year one jumped to $125. I could go on but it was like a girl leaving her husband for a guy with more money who she thinks might be interested. The guy wasn't interested and the girl comes running back to her ex-husband.

If the Jets wanted to fill the place back up they would bring prices down in the PSL seats to 2009 prices and slash the upper deck prices by 20% and maybe then they could fill the place up and do their $5-$10 price increases every year on us like they did for years and no one complained.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Minus the extra $13 a game you pay for your PSL fee I am pretty much paying the same amount as you. Only difference is I go every week.
    Dont laugh but when Jets moved to new stadium and Sanchez was the golden boy Jets tickets in PSL seats went pretty much for double or even triple face.

If all went well PSL seats were sold as a one time payment to the 3-5 games a year fan in which we sell half our games for double face and attend half the games for free.

If fact for Giants fans that is still working. It however, turned out bad. And fairweather fans will be running for the doors.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    The entire stadium is over priced at this point. The big problem was the Jets thought they were the Giants and could charge the same prices and have the same demand. Problem is the Jets are not the Giants and do not have the same demand.
    I said this the day they announced the stadium deal. They didn't listen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    So true Jay. It was obvious to anyone who knew anything about Jet history. Too bad our owner does not know anything about that history.

He should have listened to his mother who told him that Jersey was full of Giant fans.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are smarter than Giants. Considering how much historically Jets suck, how little Jets seats used to sell for, and how cheap a fan base we have it is amazing they sold out the stadium in the first season and did it back in 2008/2009 during financial crisis.

Anyone who bought a PSL in first go around is stuck and stuck good. 20 or 10% down and several payments in. In fact Jets did not manage to completely fall apart till after this years psl payment.

Considering the junk they were selling it was a miracle they sold as many as they did with same ticket price as Giants

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Jets are smarter than Giants. Considering how much historically Jets suck, how little Jets seats used to sell for, and how cheap a fan base we have it is amazing they sold out the stadium in the first season and did it back in 2008/2009 during financial crisis.

Anyone who bought a PSL in first go around is stuck and stuck good. 20 or 10% down and several payments in. In fact Jets did not manage to completely fall apart till after this years psl payment.

Considering the junk they were selling it was a miracle they sold as many as they did with same ticket price as Giants

????

I think everything that has happened since the WSS effort says otherwise--- From that failed Manhattan stadium saga and the time and money pissed away -- the horrible design of NMS as a product of compromise - from the club "auction" that had to be suspended due to lack of interest, to the slashed PSL prices to the unsold seats in an upper deck today.

The Giants view Woody Johnson as a sucker - a willful idiot that helped them reach their objective - a new Giants Stadium and training facility at half the cost. And they are justified in doing so.

I'm trying to understand how you can substantiate your opinion that the Jets have been smarter. Please explain.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a Mets Jets thing. Different color same crap!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should just tarp over the upper reaches of the UD end zones at this point (like Jax). No one wants to sit up there for Jets games. It would at least better preserve the value of the rest of the Upper Deck tickets by decreasing the supply.
    It would also protect the value of the lower bowl seats. Simply put, the stadium has 10k more seats than it should. Since those bad seats have to be sold, they must have a low price and all the seat values are held down by it.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 12-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    I hope there's no raise in prices. A lot of us are just barely getting by with the current ticket price. Eventually, from a financial standpoint, with the raise of ticket prices many of us will have no choice but to default on PSL payments and forgo our tickets. I was looking at some of the road games I've been to with the face value on the ticket......field level, first row in Philly....$95. Field level, 7th row in DC....$98 and field level, 11th row in Tennessee.....$99.
    There is zero chance of a price increase. To move season tix, the Jets will need to find out a way to incentivize STHs to stick around without lowering prices.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I see. It`s a one way street with you. Go back a few years when someone you said "bragged" about making 3x what his tickets cost him at face. You then proceeded in bashing that person to no end about NOT being a "REAL" fan for selling those tickets. It`s what a hypocrite does. Your mold has been cast.

So I guess it`s ok now to sell tickets for as much as possible. Why all of a sudden it`s ok?
    waaaa waaaa waaaaa

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    tarping & untarping between Jets and Giants games doesn't seem all that feasible.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    tarping & untarping between Jets and Giants games doesn't seem all that feasible.
    I think it is more embarrassing than unfeasible. But agreed, will never happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I see. It`s a one way street with you. Go back a few years when someone you said "bragged" about making 3x what his tickets cost him at face. You then proceeded in bashing that person to no end about NOT being a "REAL" fan for selling those tickets. It`s what a hypocrite does. Your mold has been cast.

So I guess it`s ok now to sell tickets for as much as possible. Why all of a sudden it`s ok?
    Still the same miserable johnny one note halfwit you were in Hertzland.

Some things never change

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    It would also protect the value of the lower bowl seats. Simply put, the stadium has 10k more seats than it should. Since those bad seats have to be sold, the must have a low price and all the seat values go down from there.
    The thing is the Jets got greedy. They have too many seats but they are also priced too high. If you want more fans to bring in more revenue with concessions then you need to make an affordable entry fee into the stadium. Not even looking at the upper deck the Jets PSL seats cost more than the Giants PSL seats.