Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

As for your buddy, I have no doubt that some people did things like that, but that is a vast minority. Most people didn't sit in those sections. Your friend was the exception, not the rule. This free ride assertion is a complete fabrication. Back then, Jets fans had season tickets because they wanted to go to all the games, not sell half of them. PSL owners sell so many tickets for 2 basic reasons. 1. They are encouraged by the Jets and technology makes it simple and 2. The cost for the seats are so expensive that selling a portion off helps justify the "investment".

That is not a criticism of today's STH. If I were a PSL owner I would do the same thing. The dynamic has completely flipped.[/QUOTE]

I originally got seats at face off someone at begining of year who rarely went as he wanted to maintain senority and play off rights. I dont think he went to more than one game a year for like ten years.

When I got my first seats I had two pair, one in an ok location one in a great location. I took four even though I needed two and I ended up selling the extra at a loss and said never again will I buy so so seats.

Technology is great. If I had opportunity to buy my whole row I would have. The ten seats to left of me are owned by scalpers and I see what they sell for on stubhub game after game. Some psls were bought for investment. However, not many of the "investable" psls made it into the hands of actual season ticket holders. Scalpers controled huge blocks of Jets seats in old stadium and unlike us loyal jet fans they only bought the investable seats.

If this was an IPO the SEC would have investigated the allocation process.

i lost money on psls.

i actually made the wrong choice when selecting my seats.

im not for them or against them.

its all a matter of personal choice and decision making.

you cannot argue or defend how someone decides to spend thier money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i lost money on psls.

i actually made the wrong choice when selecting my seats.

im not for them or against them.

its all a matter of personal choice and decision making.

you cannot argue or defend how someone decides to spend thier money.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    1) airlines extra charge for baggage, early boarding, and any seat that is 1in larger that steerage.
    2) cable companies charge us for channels we hate (YES and Big10) just to get access to channels we like.
    3) the gwb was paid for decades ago, but tolls continue to rise?
    4) New York taxpayers are paying for Yankee Stadium and Citifield.

At least with psl's, the users pay the bill, not taxpayers.
    So all those wrongs make it right?

Why should EITHER pay for a private stadium owned by a private citizen?

Neither will MAKE money from it, only the owner will make money, after YOU have built the stadium for him.

And for the millionth time, I have ZERO problem with anyone buying a PSL if they want. Hell I probably would have if the Pats had them. But just be honest about it, the only one who benefits is the owner.

Jets Insider VIP
    presumably you as a Massachusetts taxpayer don't mind Kraft holding the state hostage for millions by pulling the wool over the besotted Governor of Connecticut alleging to be interested in moving the team to Hartford?

So it's bad for the fans who go to the games in a private stadium to pay for part of it's costs through PSLs

but it's OK for all the citizens of a State to be forced to pay their taxdollars to the Cardboard King for his private stadium

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    presumably you as a Massachusetts taxpayer don't mind Kraft holding the state hostage for millions by pulling the wool over the besotted Governor of Connecticut alleging to be interested in moving the team to Hartford?

So it's bad for the fans who go to the games in a private stadium to pay for part of it's costs through PSLs

but it's OK for all the citizens of a State to be forced to pay their taxdollars to the Cardboard King for his private stadium
    Skippy, it would help if you knew the facts:

Kraft borrowed $452 million to build Gillette. He faces $20 million in annual debt payments, but the new stadium is generating $40 million a year just from sponsorships and premium seating sales.

Massachusetts taxpayers paid $72 million for infrastructure improvements and road construction around Gillette Stadium, but the team is required to pay that money back over 25 years.

Krafty's overtures to CT were to get a BOSTON location and they failed.

And while I know you have to make everything into a pissing war, its about PSLs in general.
    Last edited by FF2; 12-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Massachusetts taxpayers paid $72 million for infrastructure improvements and road construction around Gillette Stadium, but the team is required to pay that money back over 25 years.
    Which is more then the State of NJ is getting back from the teams for their infrastructure improvements in the swamps and their purchasing the land in Florham Park for the Jets.

In addition the State spent tons of money repaying the bonds for the old Giants Stadium something that only the Acting Governor Codie was willing to do and the reason the teams had to move so quickly while he was Governor to finalize the deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Which is more then the State of NJ is getting back from the teams for their infrastructure improvements in the swamps and their purchasing the land in Florham Park for the Jets.

In addition the State spent tons of money repaying the bonds for the old Giants Stadium something that only the Acting Governor Codie was willing to do and the reason the teams had to move so quickly while he was Governor to finalize the deal.

Give it a rest Zippy...

Isn't there a Major League Soccer message board around somewhere for you to cheer wildly for the new harebrained proposal to build a new soccer stadium in the Corona Dumps for an expansion kickball team???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Give it a rest Zippy...

Isn't there a Major League Soccer message board around somewhere for you to cheer wildly for the new harebrained proposal to build a new soccer stadium in the Corona Dumps for an expansion kickball team???

Why? Do facts make you uncomfortable in your delusionary state?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry Zippy...the stadium is in New Jersey

The PSLs that you guaranteed would never sell sold the acres of empty seats and blackouts you were certain about because the Jets had scorned that 80 percent of their fans in Queens/ Long Island never happened.

Hopefully for you they finally clean our those auto.junkyards next to Citifield and entice some Roller Derby or Team Tennis league to build a sports facility there just to make you happy

meanwhile nj property taxes and car insurance are out of control and they failed to properly subsidize the government employees pension system..........that damn stadium.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You're cherry picking the PSL "price" of a section and using it as justification that the Jets are somehow smarter than the Giants? Factoring in everything the Jets have done, how much they have spent from lobbying to marketing to advertising for YEARS now (WSS to today) - no chance whatsoever that the Jets are more profitable than the Giants. And that is the bottom line measurement of who is smarter.

As for your buddy, I have no doubt that some people did things like that, but that is a vast minority. Most people didn't sit in those sections. Your friend was the exception, not the rule. This free ride assertion is a complete fabrication. Back then, Jets fans had season tickets because they wanted to go to all the games, not sell half of them. PSL owners sell so many tickets for 2 basic reasons. 1. They are encouraged by the Jets and technology makes it simple and 2. The cost for the seats are so expensive that selling a portion off helps justify the "investment".

That is not a criticism of today's STH. If I were a PSL owner I would do the same thing. The dynamic has completely flipped.
    3) The new NFL schedules a lot of games without regards to STH's (Thurs, Sunday and Monday Nights) which forces many of us to sell. Believe me, I want to see the "big" games on the schedule.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Scott, I don't know how many times I can say that you should spend your money how you like, that's clearly not my intent. PSLs are a rip-off and you know that. It's a rip-off you are happy to pay, and thats fine. You have the disposable income, so why not.
    The rip-off is paying $225,000 a decade for a set of 4 Jets tickets. I fail to see how another measly $16,000 makes a difference.

A bagel and a cup of coffee every morning costs more than that $241,000. I don't see you giving that up or lobbying someone to give that up. There's no difference.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This post is such BS but why should anybody on this board be surprised by this coming from him? My post here is not intended for SAR. He's hopeless. I know SAR is not a stupid man but when it comes to these issues he is just consistently wrong.

First off. Whoever reads SAR's post needs to think of laws of supply and demand and not this sob story of people hurting in the economy. Of course there are people hurting. How does SAR know that every PSL for sale is because of that? He doesn't. He just pulls this sh*t out of his ass like all his other theories. The reality is that the economy is getting better. There are a lot of people in the tristate area that just received huge bonuses and unemployment is going down. The laws of S and D say that if these people wanted PSL's the seats offered in Alcotraz's post would be gobbled up at face or close to it. The fact that they are offered at way below face and still not sold means THAT THERE IS NO DEMAND FOR IT. SAR can spin it all he wants but that doesn't change the basic economic tenet.

Now about the BS of PSL's being just $13 a game over 30 years. Of course that would be true if there was no time value to money. Is SAR a life ins salesman? Has anybody here heard their pitch? Buy this whole life policy. Pay $5k/yr premiums and after 30 years you paid $150k and your policy is worth $250k. Look you made money and got the ins. for free? How do they do this magic? Speak to any annuity person and find out what your money would be worth after 30 years if you put your PSL money in an annuity - trust me you will find out it will be worth a lot more than $13/game.

Listen PSL's are not for everybody and I recognize that many are happy with them and I'm glad for them. It's just that people need to read these threads and understand that there is a lot of BS thrown around by the likes of SAR.

Cue up the posts calling me a zip code fan and just disgruntled by the stadium. So be it. Let anybody though try and refute the facts I just delineated.
    Do you own a dog?

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The vast majority of actual Jets season ticket holders did not go to games for "free". The assertion that this is what a lot of people did is completely fictional. These online ticket exchanges that you are cashing in with are a relatively new phenomenon and anyone who was a Jets season ticket holder for the duration of the lease a Giants stadium can tell you that for many games you couldn't give your tickets away. Scalping was illegal not too long ago. The Jets had the right to revoke your tickets if you did back then what they encourage today.

BTW - Still waiting for the explanation as to why the Jets were smarter than the Giants.
    I know several old time Giants Stadium Jets season ticket holders who had long-standing relationships with ticket brokers. Start of each season, they sold half their games for 2x face value, attended the rest of the games for free.

The majority of Jets fans didn't do this, but that's not the point. The point is that enough semi-Jets fans or Giants fans who inherited grandad's Jets tickets took advantage of that situation to freeze out new fans like myself who wanted in.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

OK Mr. CPA why don't you do this board a service then and tell us why PSL resale prices are not going down because of the supply of PSL's for sale being more then the demand for them?

Why don't you use your knowledge and tell us how money does not have a time value and that the true cost of PSL's is not the cost of the psl divided by the number of games in 30 years?

Why don't you do us all this favor without any personal attacks?
    Do you have breakfast and/or lunch out at restaurants each morning?

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Actually is hijacked by the likes of you and SAR who spread BS and when asked to defend the BS can't. Who doesn't want to hear for the 5000 time how you originally had UD seats and why you moved downstairs? Who doesn't want to hear again about SAR and how he got his seats?

Am still waiting to hear why PSL prices are not going down because of S & D and that there is no time value to the money used to buy PSL's.
    Do you drink wine?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The rip-off is paying $225,000 a decade for a set of 4 Jets tickets. I fail to see how another measly $16,000 makes a difference.

A bagel and a cup of coffee every morning costs more than that $241,000. I don't see you giving that up or lobbying someone to give that up. There's no difference.

SAR I
    Please don't bring bagels and other food items into a discussion about tickets with FF2...

Way too distracting

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Oh, he's trying to save me from myself. Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't chew gum. I don't play Lotto. I don't buy newspapers. I don't have a dog.

Right there I've got enough money to buy a whole section of PSL seats, yet I only bought 4. I'm so thrify.

SAR I
    That's the riskiest vice of them all, as some of us well know...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    PSLs are like gold!! they are expensive, there are costs to holding it and it pays no dividends or interest.
    PSL's don't exist. They are ghosts. They are windmills for Don QFJixote to chase.

The only reason they are "an issue" to the likes of him is because it's their convenient excuse to opt-out of season ticket commitments. The fact that they are nothing more than a price increase doesn't resonate, can't resonate, because then it means that they quit on the team for a couple of bucks.

And that's exactly what they did.

The rest of us said "Gee, no choice but to pay a PSL, it's the only way I can get renewable season tickets in the same location" and wrote a check that meant nothing to our wallets.

SAR I