Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 979

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

  1. #501
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    You set up a straw man of "PSL's are a bad investment!" when they aren't an investment and then you call us idiots because we don't look at your straw man.
    SAR I
    Again, you are putting words into my mouth. Where have I said that PSL's are a bad investment? Of course they are not an investment.

    My whole point is that you lie when you try to rationalize their costs as $13/game or a beer and a hot dog.

    PSL's are what somebody has to pay if they want to be a season ticket holder and not in the upper deck. They are nothing more and nothing less.

    Your trying to push the insignificance of their costs to people for whom it may not be insignificant is what I am trying to point out.

  2. #502
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see

    2500 psl divided by 30 years projected amortization is equal to $6.94.a month.

    A 10000 PSL amounts to $27.76 a month.


    My. New York Times subscription is 42.dollars month for godsake

  3. #503
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Let's see

    2500 psl divided by 30 years projected amortization is equal to $6.94.a month.

    A 10000 PSL amounts to $27.76 a month.
    Nice job skippy. Yes 2500 divided by 360 is 6.94. You pass calculator 101. Of course like your buddy SAR you totally mislead.

    You use a fancy word like amortization to make people think it's real yet your calculation is assuming a 0% interest rate and a 0% rate of inflation over 30 years. Too funny.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 12-29-2012 at 07:56 PM.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    just ignore these 2 clowns. They are the ONLY ones on this forum trying to justify the mistake they made. Others who are happy with their purchase aren`t trying to justify. They just go to the games and say nothing. sg3 only pays for ONE ticket. No one else involved where others here would need to purchase 2+, and actually pay for them. Buying 1 PSL is nothing. No one wants to go to games by themselves aside from freaks. Must be great not having family or friends to deal with. To me, that has LOSER written all over it.

    As for the other dolt, he believes it only costs a hot dog and beer as a ticket increase over 30 years. LOL We`ll see what a hot dog and beer costs in 10 years from now. Thing is, I won`t be buying either at Giants Stadium, nor will I be giving Woody any of my money. These are the fans Woody wanted. Good for him. All the good fans have bolted. Even Fireman Ed said screw it. Just goes to show us all what this franchise is becoming. Even the Head Coach wants to be fired. LOL This is exactly what I predicted would happen and guess what, It`s happening right before our eyes. Los Angeles Jets, HERE WE COME. Once the blackouts start, like I said they would, Woody will re-examine his problems and look for a way out just like his PSL donors are doing. Enjoy the games for whatever they are worth to you PSL owners.

  5. #505
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    What do I give a sh*t what you do with your money? For you it's not real money and it's frivolous fine. I'm happy for you.

    The point is you shouldn't be telling other people that PSL's are a frivilous purchase - like a beer and a hot dog. It's a lie.
    How is a PSL not a frivolous purchase like a beer and a hot dog or a New York Times subscription? How? Couple of bucks to make you happy. That's all it is. It's the very definition of "frivolous" in fact.

    Put the calculator to work. How much are we are we arguing about? A $2,500 PSL in 2009. What's the damage that you're seeing? Let's have it. Stop talking in generalities. Get specific.

    SAR I

  6. #506
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post

    Oh by the way that college kid on school loans in the old stadium thread says hello. You advice to him to buy PSL's now because he will never have another chance to as they will be sold out so fast and he will be in the same situation as you were in GS and locked out sounds like really wonderful advice.

    The truth is that he could probably buy his PSL's at half price now.

    Just another thing you were wrong about.
    I must have helped 100 Jets fans during those days, must have received 100 PM's saying "thanks".

    You know how many PM's I got from people saying I misled them? NONE. Zero. Nada. Donut.

    SAR I

  7. #507
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Hey SAR...do you remember any poster on any of the stadium threads claiming to be buying a seat license as something to add to his portfolio or his 401K to make certain of a retirement on easy street.

    I know you never did and I know I never did and I don't remember any of the 600 or so PSL seat STHs on the spreadsheet making that claim

    I do remember just about everyone saying that it was an entertainment cost and it's benefit was in clearing out the scalper seats and Giant fans that had been occupying 15-20000 seats in the old dump because it cost them almost nothing to own the best seats in the place sentencing deserving Jet fans to the upper deck. In that sense of freeing Jet fans to obtain great seats they were golden to me

    Maybe Zippy can refresh my memory as to the many posters who were buying PSLs instead of Apple or Berkshire Hathaway securities or gold bullion
    No, sg3. Not a single poster. I don't recall anyone saying what an "investment" this was except myself, half-joking at the time. And, being honest, knowing what I now know about StubHub and the aftermarket, my particular PSL's are indeed a good investment.

    For everyone else, it was made quite clear that this is just a fancy name for a "price increase" and that it had one major value- it got the old timers out because they were too short-sighted to see that this "big" $10,000 number they were looking at wasn't much money at all over the course of a 30 year commitment.

    If God came down back in 1988 and said to all the members of the waitlist that we could pay a vig of $13 more per ticket and throw out any old timer we want and grab his seats, good lord, we'd have all jumped at the chance.

    Flash-forward to 2009, it's a miracle.

    SAR I

  8. #508
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Oh, those losers will the 1st folks you see strollin' down Moonachie Road
    with a "Need 2 Tixs" sandwich board the next home playoff game

    I couldn't give a crap who goes or doesn't and where anyone sits, it would be too much to expect the disaffected among us to stop pissing all over whatever
    enjoyment non-SOJFs derive from the Jets
    +1

    Isn't it wonderful when other people try to tell us how to spend our fun-money?

    Let's create a thread called "Dog Genocide Is Coming" and call out all the dog owners and tell them how stupid they are for having those smelly beasts and how if they amortized their canine expenditures they'd find that they could purchase a small island in the Caribbean in 30 years and that their 12 year old Schnauzer is worth less than they paid the breeder for in 2001.

    Let's see how that goes over. The balls of some people, thinking they have the right to judge what we do with our fun-money just because it says "Jets" on it.

    SAR I

  9. #509
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Again, you are putting words into my mouth. Where have I said that PSL's are a bad investment? Of course they are not an investment.

    My whole point is that you lie when you try to rationalize their costs as $13/game or a beer and a hot dog.

    PSL's are what somebody has to pay if they want to be a season ticket holder and not in the upper deck. They are nothing more and nothing less.

    Your trying to push the insignificance of their costs to people for whom it may not be insignificant is what I am trying to point out.
    What are you talking about?

    $13 is a beer and a hot dog. That's all it is.

    The rationale back in 2008 was that if you were in Giants Stadium as a season ticket holder and you were enjoying yourself and could stomach $13 a game as a PSL fee (back then $4000 was the least expensive PSL, subsequently went down to $2500) that you didn't have to leave the Jets family, could get good seats in a brand new stadium.

    These people had seen their ticket prices increase from $13.00 in 1983 to $110.00 in 2009, so stomaching that they certainly could have a PSL seat for as little as $8 per game; beer and hotdog money. Give up a beer and a hotdog that you used to get, brown bag it, you don't feel the PSL.

    Lastly, I'm getting a bit tired of you thinking you're smarter than all the other Jets fans. And I'm pretty sure that upper deckers and old timers don't appreciate you thinking they're a bunch of idiots who don't know how to use a calculator or figure out that, gee, this here new a-stadium is a-bit pricey there.

    I've never met a more anti-Jet Jets fan in my life. I've never met a more elitist cheapskate in my life. I've never met a bigger blowhard who thinks he knows what the Typical Jets Fan is thinking about because 30 years ago he attended a few games at a baseball stadium in Queens with fans who are all dead now.

    SAR I

  10. #510
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post

    You use a fancy word like amortization to make people think it's real yet your calculation is assuming a 0% interest rate and a 0% rate of inflation over 30 years. Too funny.
    Forecast it out for us. Do it.

    $16,000 on PSL's in 2009. What's it worth in 30 years. Do it.

    SAR I

  11. #511
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post

    just ignore these 2 clowns. They are the ONLY ones on this forum trying to justify the mistake they made.
    Mistake? LOL.

    Gee, every time I enter MetLife Stadium and sit in my first row Mezz A seat with it's no-line bathrooms, multiple choice concession stands, 5 minute egress to my parking space, unobstructed view of the field, and location next to loyal Jets fans that I see every weekend, I just cry and cry to myself for the "mistake" I made.

    Oh, and when I take my kids? Oh, man. That's when the bawling really kicks in, just hating myself for the smiles I've put on their faces, that they never knew the sacrifices I made in 1989 to get myself into a position to oust an old timer so that they could have some of the best seats in the house.

    SAR I

  12. #512
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post

    As for the other dolt, he believes it only costs a hot dog and beer as a ticket increase over 30 years. LOL We`ll see what a hot dog and beer costs in 10 years from now.
    Blue collar worker, I assume?

    It works the other way, chief. Remember how a luxury car cost $5,000 back in 1975? Or how a movie cost $0.10 cents back in 1955?

    What cost $4,000 in 1979 would cost $11,668 in 2009.

    If you were to buy exactly the same products in 2009 and 1979,
    they would cost you $4,000 and $1,224 respectively.

    Should the same 30 year inflation rules apply, my $4,000 PSL in 15 years, at the half-life of the stadium, would be worth $8,165.

    So somewhere out there is a 15 year old kid in high school who will be a potential customer of mine in 15 years and he'll look back at 2009 and say "Man, would have loved to be older then, could have had the choice of any seat in the house and for chump-change."

    SAR I

  13. #513
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post

    Thing is, I won`t be buying either at Giants Stadium, nor will I be giving Woody any of my money. These are the fans Woody wanted. Good for him. All the good fans have bolted. Even Fireman Ed said screw it. Just goes to show us all what this franchise is becoming. Even the Head Coach wants to be fired. LOL This is exactly what I predicted would happen and guess what, It`s happening right before our eyes. Los Angeles Jets, HERE WE COME. Once the blackouts start, like I said they would, Woody will re-examine his problems and look for a way out just like his PSL donors are doing. Enjoy the games for whatever they are worth to you PSL owners.
    If quitting on the Jets because of that joke of a story helps you sleep better at night, good for you.

    What a pile of horsesh-t that is. Fireman Ed is a selfish dirtbag. The old timers sold half their seats to enemy fans at 2x face value so they could attend the other games for free. Some fans. Good riddance.

    You are here wishing that Woody Johnson would move the team to Los Angeles. The other curmudgeon won't attend at game that isn't in a dump in Queens.

    Here's the good news. The best news of all, in fact: The fans with money are here now. We bought your seats out from under you. We're more loyal than you ever were. We love the Jets more than you ever did.

    You quit over a beer and a hotdog. The Jets sold 90% of the seats in the stadium, PSL's and high prices and Club seats and all. Proof-positive that we don't need you.

    Sorry that bothers you. Go f-ck yourself with a cheap beer while you think of me enjoying myself in your seats, enjoying the team that you don't have, burning money you don't have.

    SAR I

  14. #514
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I must have helped 100 Jets fans during those days, must have received 100 PM's saying "thanks".

    You know how many PM's I got from people saying I misled them? NONE. Zero. Nada. Donut.

    SAR I
    There is no doubt, and I have said it many times that you were a big help to people deciding where to buy their tickets and they pm'd you I'm sure.

    As far as all your other predictions? Your batting average was 0.

    When this college kid joined the thread everybody there had the good sense to tell him to wait, get his education, a job and then worry about Jet tickets. You had the gall to tell him how now will be his only opportunity because the PSL's are going so fast and he will regret it down the road if he doesn't buy now.

    Can you finally say that you couldn't have been more wrong about that?

  15. #515
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    Should the same 30 year inflation rules apply, my $4,000 PSL in 15 years, at the half-life of the stadium, would be worth $8,165.

    SAR I
    I really think that you think the readers are a bunch of nitwits. So the rules of inflation apply to the value of your PSL's but they don't apply when doing your calculation of $13/game?

    I know this is the internet and you don't care about your credibility but please spare us. We readers come to this board for our entertainment. Enough of your brain dead drivel. Please enough.

  16. #516
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    There is no doubt, and I have said it many times that you were a big help to people deciding where to buy their tickets and they pm'd you I'm sure.

    When this college kid joined the thread everybody there had the good sense to tell him to wait, get his education, a job and then worry about Jet tickets. You had the gall to tell him how now will be his only opportunity because the PSL's are going so fast and he will regret it down the road if he doesn't buy now.

    Can you finally say that you couldn't have been more wrong about that?
    I don't regret it at all.

    If I didn't pull the trigger on Day 1 of PSL sales, May 1, 2008, I wouldn't have the great seats I have right now, seats that are worth more than I paid for them no matter how bad the team is playing.

    And throughout the discussions it was pointed out time and time again that PSL's meant an owner could sell any time he wanted and that because of the free market PSL system anyone could buy PSL's from another owner any time they wanted at fair market value.

    I don't even remember the conversation, but I'm sure that not a single person would have spent money because an anonymous stranger on the internet told him to. I have a bridge in Whitestone I want to sell you. Cheap. You have PayPal?

    SAR I

  17. #517
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Forecast it out for us. Do it.

    $16,000 on PSL's in 2009. What's it worth in 30 years. Do it.

    SAR I
    Ok you asked for it. At 5% interest compounded your $16,000 will be worth $32,000 in 14 years. In 28 years it will be worth $64,000.

    This is in actual dollars. If you factor in inflation you're probably talking your $16,000 being worth about $100,000 if talking about 2009 dollars in 2039 (just guessing now).

    Now I'm sure you will say that is worth it to you and that's fine. Just don't go telling people its $13/game or a beer and a hot dog.

  18. #518
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post

    As far as all your other predictions? Your batting average was 0.
    My other predictions? Let's see:

    Prediction: The Jets would never get a stadium in Manhattan and would never go near Queens. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: There are enough Jets fans west of Long Island to support the franchise once they left Hofstra for New Jersey. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: There would be no doomsday because of PSL's. The stadium would be full with more Jets fans than ever before, no blackouts, no protest, no hysteria. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: While the stadium holds 82,500 there really are only 30,000 seats that have the balance of price/view that anyone would want. Get in a lifeboat, grab a seat if you've got seniority. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: If you didn't get a good PSL location early, got stuck in the deep Mezz B or the low corner endzones, you'd regret it. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: If you skipped out on the PSL process entirely and went for upper deck seats you'd regret it as the view is brutal. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: The Jets would sell out the stadium because they had so many fans already plus fans on the waitlist. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: The Jets would not sell out of Club seats because they are designed for corporations and not the average fan who will find them too expensive. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: When the old timer geezers left the stadium, wealthy fans would eagerly take their place. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: When Joe $40,000 Salary Lunchpail was faced with a PSL fee there would be no more cursing, no more smoking, no more drunkenness, no more burping, and no more farting in PSL sections. (CORRECT)

    Prediction: The lack of a PSL in the upper deck would be abused by so-called loyal Jets fans who could bail on the team as soon as we stopped making AFC Championship Games and getting winning records. (CORRECT)

    Did I miss something? Sure looks like SAR did well to me.

    SAR I

  19. #519
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't regret it at all.

    If I didn't pull the trigger on Day 1 of PSL sales, May 1, 2008, I wouldn't have the great seats I have right now, seats that are worth more than I paid for them no matter how bad the team is playing.

    And throughout the discussions it was pointed out time and time again that PSL's meant an owner could sell any time he wanted and that because of the free market PSL system anyone could buy PSL's from another owner any time they wanted at fair market value.

    I don't even remember the conversation, but I'm sure that not a single person would have spent money because an anonymous stranger on the internet told him to. I have a bridge in Whitestone I want to sell you. Cheap. You have PayPal?

    SAR I
    Well my question to you wasn't if you regretted your purchase. Obviously you do not (if you post what you truly feel which I wouldn't say with certainty that you do).

    I remember the conversation very well and I'm sure other readers of the thread do also. He was a very naive and gullable kid who wanted to pull the trigger but his dad was against it. He went to his Dad with your arguments and he convinced his dad and he purchased. You got a lot of sh*t in the thread about that.

    SAR you may not want to admit it, but your bs had consequences for this kid. It may of had for others also.

    Can't you just admit that you were seriously wrong about the demand for PSL's? At that time you spoke nothing of it being a 30 year process. That didn't start till after the stadium opened.

  20. #520
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Ok you asked for it. At 5% interest compounded your $16,000 will be worth $32,000 in 14 years. In 28 years it will be worth $64,000.

    Now I'm sure you will say that is worth it to you and that's fine. Just don't go telling people its $13/game or a beer and a hot dog.
    It's worth it to me. I'd have spent $64,000 or $100,000 for my seats in 2009 if that was the price.

    The $64,000 over 30 years and 10 games and 4 seats equates to $53.

    A beer and a hot dog will cost more than $53 in 2039.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us