Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Can you take my PSL's off my hand? That would be quite a challenge. (Being Serious)
    Where are they? How much did they cost you initially? How much do you want?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't need the money. I just find the challenge of spending $5000 and making back $6500 more interesting in 2013 than the team itself.

SAR I
    Right, real fan.

Where are they? How much did they cost you initially? How much do you want?

SAR I
    Section 106 row 27 seats 9,10. Touchdown corner

I'm paying $10k for it. There's about $6k left I have to pay.

I don't need the money. I just find the challenge of spending $5000 and making back $6500 more interesting in 2013 than the team itself.

My new 4 cylinder 328i makes more horsepower and more torque than my old 6 cylinder 328i, has better 0-60 times than an M3 engine from a scant 10 years ago, chief. Stick to Ford products. Stick to what you know.

SAR I
    lol, I guess when you are as old as you are, 10 years is "scant." You can't compare a car from 10 years ago, not when 300 hp cars are as commonplace as cupholders. 245hp, lol. I took a s@@t this morning that had more power than that.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Right, real fan.
    You wouldn't know a real fan if you saw one; you sling hash for a bunch of belligerent drunks who couldn't tell you the time of day let alone who the Jets are even playing. Some of us go to watch the game, not to act like its 1982 and we're still high school students.

Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    lol, I guess when you are as old as you are, 10 years is "scant." You can't compare a car from 10 years ago, not when 300 hp cars are as commonplace as cupholders. 245hp, lol. I took a s@@t this morning that had more power than that.
    It must be exciting to see your life's work sitting in the bottom of a toilet each morning.

SAR I

You wouldn't know a real fan if you saw one; you sling hash for a bunch of belligerent drunks who couldn't tell you the time of day let alone who the Jets are even playing. Some of us go to watch the game, not to act like its 1982 and we're still high school students.

It must be exciting to see your life's work sitting in the bottom of a toilet each morning.

SAR I
    Sooooooo... I'm guessing you don't want my PSLs

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Sooooooo... I'm guessing you don't want my PSLs
    No. You're basically in the opposite corner on the LL and I'm a Mezzanine guy.

You have good PSL's, you should get top-dollar on StubHub for the elite games, 2x face or 1.5x face easy. If you do as I do, you'll make money in this 2013 bad season and ride it out until we have a head coach and team we can believe in again.

Pittsburgh, Oakland, New England, Miami, New Orleans. That's 0-5 right there anyway. Stay home. Make $.

SAR I

No. You're basically in the opposite corner on the LL and I'm a Mezzanine guy.

You have good PSL's, you should get top-dollar on StubHub for the elite games, 2x face or 1.5x face easy. If you do as I do, you'll make money in this 2013 bad season and ride it out until we have a head coach and team we can believe in again.

Pittsburgh, Oakland, New England, Miami, New Orleans. That's 0-5 right there anyway. Stay home. Make $.

SAR I
    How about I hire you as my PSL financial advisor?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

How about I hire you as my PSL financial advisor?
    Happy to help, no charge. Here's the advice:

The next year is going to be unwatchable and unenjoyable on many levels. Sell the 5 good games for a profit and use that profit to pay off the season ticket costs + PSL. Repeat until the Jets are good again and then sell the PSL's outright for a profit or break-even.

Selling the PSL's now when we are a 4-12 team isn't prudent. Selling gameday seats to enemy fans is your short-term lifeboat.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Happy to help, no charge. Here's the advice:

The next year is going to be unwatchable and unenjoyable on many levels. Sell the 5 good games for a profit and use that profit to pay off the season ticket costs + PSL. Repeat until the Jets are good again and then sell the PSL's outright for a profit or break-even.

Selling the PSL's now when we are a 4-12 team isn't prudent. Selling gameday seats to enemy fans is your short-term lifeboat.

SAR I
    Great advice, everyone should put their tickets on the market so we can make top dollar. There will be soo many buyers out there that we'll all make 2x face. Yeah, didn't someone already give a lesson in supply and demand in this thread.

Here's the best advice for STHs next year, drink heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by PJC331 View Post
    why should next year be any different than any other previous year.

44 years and counting.

psls and season tickets arent an investment they are a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    why should next year be any different than any other previous year.

44 years and counting.

psls and season tickets arent an investment they are a gamble.
    If you look at it as an investment or a gamble, you are doomed. It's entertainment. Looking at it any other way is a sure way to lose $30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    If you look at it as an investment or a gamble, you are doomed. It's entertainment. Looking at it any other way is a sure way to lose $30k.
    been there done that.

losing $30k was way better than losing $60k.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    +1

a cost for an entertainment choice one makes

period

If I keep my tickets I think SAR's advice is where I'm going to lean for 2013, especially if Mark Sanchez is still the Quarterback. If he's the quarterback, Pittsburgh, New Orleans and New England will all be sold on StubHub for 2 or 3x the amount and that will pay for the garbage Preseason games as well as another game or two. I can also pick one of those three games to go to for free (get four free seats to one game each year), so really I'd only be missing two.

Hmmm.

Actually not a bad idea, really.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pickchez will definitely not be the QB of the NYJ in 2013

put it in the books

saw the opponants for 2013 this morning in the paper. 4-12 is my very early prediction. I think Oak, split w/Buf & Mia and possibly Tenn are the only wins. Maybe not even Tenn. If Mia or Buf sweeps, 3-13 or possibly 2-14. Just doesn`t look good at all right now. Definitely sell all the games if possible.

Not walking away...

The season ended badly but I remain a Jet fan.

I will not give up my PSLs.

I go to the games to bond with my daughter, commune with my tail gate friends, and enjoy the comaradery of my section's fellow fans.

When the Jets win it's a bonus...

Many lessons are learned from being a Jet fan...including tolerance...

I don't know Woody Johnson. But, the ball is in his hands to change the team. The GM move seems appropriate for him to make.

Now Rex Ryan needs to make the coaching changes the team desparately needs...

I look forward to next season and making every home game I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fan 18D View Post
    Many lessons are learned from being a Jet fan...including tolerance...
    been there, done that. No longer "tolerant" for a team that hasn`t done anything in 43 years but raise their prices and force out many long time good fans. Eh, you`ll learn over the years that there is only so much a fan can tolerate, especially when thousands of dollars are spent annually for nothing but heartbreak, ineptitude and misery.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PJC331 View Post
    Great advice, everyone should put their tickets on the market so we can make top dollar. There will be soo many buyers out there that we'll all make 2x face. Yeah, didn't someone already give a lesson in supply and demand in this thread.

80% of Jets fans will still show up because they like to drink and party.

20% of Jets fans will selectively stay home because they actually like to watch quality football and a hard-working team making a big effort and don't drink and party at games.

There is never enough supply of good seats for visiting fans.

SAR I