Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Cheese & friggin crackers dude. You`re just a child. All this time I thought you were some old fat balding idiot like most A-holes posting the crap like you do on the internet. LOL If thats even you in that pic? If not, you really shouldn`t post pics of other kids without their permission. It`s against the law and you can get screwed by doing that. I`m only gonna say this once, unless you continue to carry on with it ofcourse, but, you really don`t know much about life at the age you`re at, regardless of what you may think. I can see now that daddy, or daddy-in-law has taken care of you kids. I have even less respect for you now than before, and it wasn`t much. Good for you kids. I`m glad there are still parents out there who will do anything for their children while they`re still alive. And before you go into any of your ridiculous diatribes about how you "earned" whatever it is you have, I will never believe you that you didn`t have any help from either side of your parents.

Have a great life. I`m sure you earned it all Mike(if that is your name).
    Ray, you know you shouldn't drink and post. You get results like this. Hitting the bottle more often these days?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    How far should I sit from sea level for optimum viewing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    1000 ft under would be a fine start
    6 feet under would be sufficient

Jet PSLs in the news again! Check out today's NY Post. The guy who wrote it has to be reading this thread. I don't know how to download a copy of it to this thread but I am sure someone will. When you see some of the numbers being thrown out, it's a real disaster. Speaking of numbers, it looks like potential GM candidates are passing on the job due to the salary cap nightmare. Woody needs to hire a good accountant more than he needs to hire anyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Jet PSLs in the news again! Check out today's NY Post. The guy who wrote it has to be reading this thread. I don't know how to download a copy of it to this thread but I am sure someone will. When you see some of the numbers being thrown out, it's a real disaster. Speaking of numbers, it looks like potential GM candidates are passing on the job due to the salary cap nightmare. Woody needs to hire a good accountant more than he needs to hire anyone else!
    @dkaplanSBJ: Jets fans trying to dump PSLs, as the hits keep coming http://t.co/2ISpiSzS

Oh it's going to be a VERY interesting off-season on and off the field with this organization. There will be hundreds if not thousands of people defaulting. The ball is in the Jets' court.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    It's happened before, we're used to the noteriety.

The fact that the article is negative on PSL's and misleads is disappointing but expected.

1,100 PSL's in a stadium with 55,500 PSL seats? That's less than 2% which the Jets have told us for years is the typical churn percent stretching back to Shea days.

Coaches Club? No Average Joe bought those as they are bought by corporations who can write-off these losses.

It's silly sensationalism.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Oh it's going to be a VERY interesting off-season on and off the field with this organization. There will be hundreds if not thousands of people defaulting. The ball is in the Jets' court.
    LOL. Just stop.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    LOL. Just stop.

SAR I
    You're kidding yourself if you don't think a plethora of fans will walk away. It will be interesting to see if the Jets are ready to "suit up".

You're kidding yourself if you don't think a plethora of fans will walk away. It will be interesting to see if the Jets are ready to "suit up".
    That's what I'm wondering. I'm ready to walk on my PSL payments. $3500 per year for tickets and PSL is just getting way too expensive and unfortunately unaffordable. Especially when you know that Woody has a few ticket price raises up his sleeve in the near future. It wouldn't surprise me if this jerk would take us all to court. Great publicity on his part though. That's all we have going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. I'm ready to walk on my PSL payments. $3500 per year for tickets and PSL is just getting way too expensive and unfortunately unaffordable. Especially when you know that Woody has a few ticket price raises up his sleeve in the near future. It wouldn't surprise me if this jerk would take us all to court. Great publicity on his part though. That's all we have going for us.
    I am considering walking as well. There have been some accounts on this board and others of people walking away after 2010 and 2011 and the Jets not pursuing them. It's extremely enticing, but part of me wants to hang around for one more season for the simple fact that next year's slate of games could bring in a good deal of money if sold online.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It has nothing to do the Jets, it has to do with people who don't know how to manage money.

If the Jets won back-to-back Super Bowl's, we'd still have 2% of the fans trying to offload their PSL's. It's unfortunate, but a few people don't think before they make a 30 year commitment. Just like people default on car loans, credit cards, student loans. I bet that somewhere near 2% of all bank loans get defaulted on, there just isn't a website documenting all of it and there aren't any resale opportunities to sell some of their debt to someone else.

I feel bad for these people, they're good Jets fans who didn't mean to suffer consequences, but ultimately there isn't an exodus of Jets fans running away from their seats. There are just a handful of people who've fallen on hard times and made a bad decision.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-07-2013 at 07:55 AM.

It has nothing to do the Jets, it has to do with people who don't know how to manage money.

If the Jets won back-to-back Super Bowl's, we'd still have 2% of the fans trying to offload their PSL's. It's unfortunate, but a few people don't think before they make a 30 year commitment. Just like people default on car loans, credit cards, student loans. I bet that somewhere near 2% of all bank loans get defaulted on, there just isn't a website documenting all of it and there aren't any resale opportunities to sell some of their debt to someone else. I feel bad for these people, the good Jets fans who didn't mean to do something with consequences, but ultimately there is an exodus of Jets fans running away from their seats. There are just some people who fallen on hard times are made a bad decision.

SAR I
    But will the Jets chase them? I doubt it if there's such high numbers. That's all the people care about at this point - not if their seats will be re-sold - but if the Jets will pursue them for their remaining PSL balance.

I for one do not wish to lose my tickets. I've been going since I was seven and would hate not to have them, but I fit into the category of fallen on hard times and thus am in a pickle unless something comes up soon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't have time to count them all, but it appears there are just as many Giants PSL's for sale as there are Jets PSL's:

https://nygiants.strmarketplace.com/...-Licenses.aspx

Also, the Jets and the Giants are both listed as "partners" on this particular website. Makes me think that a significant amount of the seats are not being listed by suffering fans but rather by the teams themselves.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    But will the Jets chase them? I doubt it if there's such high numbers. That's all the people care about at this point - not if their seats will be re-sold - but if the Jets will pursue them for their remaining PSL balance.

I for one do not wish to lose my tickets. I've been going since I was seven and would hate not to have them, but I fit into the category of fallen on hard times and thus am in a pickle unless something comes up soon.
    First off, I definitely feel bad for you and hope that things work out for you.

I personally do not think the Jets will go after any average fans who defaulted on inexpensive, average PSL's. It's simply not worth the money and it's not worth the bad publicity. However, the Club seats are a different story. It's easy for the Jets to see if the owner is a corporation or an LLC or a broker. They'll go after them as its big-bucks and those companies won't want the bad press either.

This has been going on for years, the Jets have had luxury suites and corporate partnerships for decades. Hope things work out for you.

SAR I

I believe I posted this before but my old friend didn't make his PSL payment in 2011 which was supposed to be his first or second, I think. These were for Mezz A seats. He was on the 15 year plan and I can't remember if he'd made one payment or not (2011 in Nov was the first payment for folks who took all of the deferrals the Jets offered, I think. For others it was the second).

Anyway, the Jets called him a lot last year trying to get him to pay but as of a couple months ago that's all that happened.

Just 1 data point. Please don't default on your PSLs and not expect legal action based on this case alone.

Incidentally, I am in the camp of understanding that this is a long term thing, and look forward to the good years that will hopefully come after these bad ones. Also, would be nice if the Jets gave those of us sticking around some perks (no price increases, free parking? concessions coupons or swag of some sort?). Not expecting any of that...just saying it would be nice.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't have time to count them all, but it appears there are just as many Giants PSL's for sale as there are Jets PSL's:

https://nygiants.strmarketplace.com/...-Licenses.aspx

Also, the Jets and the Giants are both listed as "partners" on this particular website. Makes me think that a significant amount of the seats are not being listed by suffering fans but rather by the teams themselves.

SAR I
    The Giants and Jets ownership deserves what they get. They got raped by the unions and couldn't agree on anything which is why we are left with an ugly, overpriced stadium with no roof. MetLife is easily the worst of all the modern stadiums. And the PSLs were overpriced. You have a situation where an inferior product is being sold at a high price. If the product was good and the price was right there would be no PSLs for sale.

Most fans are willing to put up with "lean years" and that shouldn't drastically effect PSL sales or renewals. The whole stadium and PSL thing was botched from the beginning.

Of the 1,100 (I didnt count but lets say that # is right) there is only a small percentage below face....most of the PSL's have been up since Day 1 hoping that someone would bite and they could turn a profit. It costs nothing to list and can stay on forever...its very misleading...Giants have a similiar number of listings.

In these tough economic times, I have one obligation and its sure as hell not to Woody Johnson. I'm obligated to provide for me and my family. All this PSL stuff comes secondary so if Woody wants to take me to court, so be it. Let him tell the press why he's going after fans who unfortunately hit hard times and couldn't make their Jets tickets a priority.

2010 was the only year i had season tix in the new stadium.

I had them for eighteen years at "Giants Stadium"

My note of contention is I loved the neighbors I had at the old stadium.. And the experience was so much for for me..

In the new one I seemed to be sitting around visiting fans alot.. No regulars.. I was in the non psls.. Plus it seemed all the games (and we were 11-5 that year) were selling on stubhub for a third of the price....

I figured "F" it.. I don't have my usual crowd... The tix are half the price.. So I just bought tix on stubhub and dumped my season tix in 2011..

And there was always that feeling of commitment to go since you paid so much for tix you didn't want to waste it..

As it turned out.. I didn't go to a single game this season.. And the organization is such a mess.. It is so disheartening anymore..

I will go back.. But got to get my heart back into it.. I was loyal through a lot of crappy football.. But now it just seems like I get completely taken advantage of..

Oh BTW .. The Jets call me every month since I dropped.... So yeah.. There is no demand for Jets tickets!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Of the 1,100 (I didnt count but lets say that # is right) there is only a small percentage below face....most of the PSL's have been up since Day 1 hoping that someone would bite and they could turn a profit. It costs nothing to list and can stay on forever...its very misleading...Giants have a similiar number of listings.
    Good point. It doesn't look like the list has grown much since we discovered this site two years ago.

SAR I