Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Would white-collar piss have been better?
    J lot. I usually park in the first yellow PSL lot I can get in to.

I only drive when I take wife or kids. The other games I take the train. The parking if fine enough, but think about it. It costs like $70 to park.

I pay $15 for a pass I can sell for $40. Up $25. If I drive I have to deal with two sets of tolls plus gas. So altogether to drive I am out $40 parking ($15 for pass + $25 loss profit, Tolls are like $20 and Gas like $10.

To take train I pay $11 bucks so I am up $44 bucks and I can sit on train and read the newspaper and have an egg sandwich if it is a one pm game. .

I could post a picture of SAR but first of all only he can post his own picture and second off all you folks feel bad enough you dont have seats as good as his, are not as rich and he drives a better car.

It would be unfair and mean to post a picture showing that he is also better looking than you.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LGL 109, not as great as it sounds. I am one of the fans that benefited. Without PSLs there was no chance of me ever getting a seat there. Doesn't make it right or good business. The only regret I have is not purchasing on the visitor's side for resell value. But that is only b.c the past two years I have missed a handful of games that I could have made a nice chunk on.

Have you been to the new stadiums? Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, Detroit, Arizona and Indianapolis. I haven't personally experiences a game in any of them but by many accounts, they are all better. I know people that have been to Dallas, Arizona and Indianapolis and they say there is no comparison. IMO the only stadiums built in the last decade that we are better than is Lincoln Financial and Gilette. Both of which I have been to.

As for the home field advantage, I am assuming you are talking about the wind. MetLife isn't as windy as Giants Stadium. We managed to get a SB without the roof so that was a success but my main issue with the new stadium is that is a library and I think a roof would have been nice to trap the noise. Noise is the best home field advantage of all.

I know you disagree. And I don't want to get into a 20 post debate. So I will respectfully agree to disagree and humbly yield the last word to my elder.
    I agree that Philadelphia and New England stadiums are bad and MetLife is superior to them both, no question.

Dallas, Indianapolis, Houston, and Arizona are all domes and thus an unfair comparison. Domed stadiums are built in a completely different way because they don't have to worry about the elements. So it's almost a building within a building if you will, there's an outer structure that goes all away around the stadium and the stadium sits within that "donut".

I was in Indianapolis for the Championship game, and it felt more like I was at a convention at the Javits Center or an airport or the Garden State Plaza Mall. It's football, to me it should all be played outdoors. And the upside that one gets from a dome really is all about concessions and food and memorabilia and a mall-like atmosphere all of which seem to be too expensive for the average New Yorker to want to buy anyway.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I could post a picture of SAR but first of all only he can post his own picture and second off all you folks feel bad enough you dont have seats as good as his, are not as rich and he drives a better car.

It would be unfair and mean to post a picture showing that he is also better looking than you.
    SAR gets a lot of **** on here and I disagree with him on many a things, but I hung out with him in Indianapolis for the AFCCG and he's a nice, genuine dude. No B.S.

I have been a season ticket holder since the mid 60's after my Dad's company allowed my to purchase them when he left. Since then I have splitting the costs with 3 others and we just had our phone call to discuss if we want to keep purchasing tickets. The answer after much discussion was yes. Why? Because even though this franchise at times has been a laughing stock we still want to be there when they do start to turn things around and run up the score on the Pats. We believe it will happen because you can only hit bottom so much

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    SAR gets a lot of **** on here and I disagree with him on many a things, but I hung out with him in Indianapolis for the AFCCG and he's a nice, genuine dude. No B.S.
    sar i may be a genuine class act in real life many of us dont know. we can only judge him on the way he acts here, this can be said for many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a season ticket holder since the mid 60's after my Dad's company allowed my to purchase them when he left. Since then I have splitting the costs with 3 others and we just had our phone call to discuss if we want to keep purchasing tickets. The answer after much discussion was yes. Why? Because even though this franchise at times has been a laughing stock we still want to be there when they do start to turn things around and run up the score on the Pats. We believe it will happen because you can only hit bottom so much
    If you have UD seats I hope they are amazing seats. They should be.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

And there you have it.

SAR I

Thats all well and good. Maybe he should drop the schtick here then?

Did he drink beer?

Why cant Jets just sell PSL seats on a seasonticket basis to non PSL holders and and just add in a surcharge.

Look just do this for example. LGL seats have a $130 face. Sell them on a season ticket basis for $1,600 a season ticket. A $300 mark-up without a PSL.

To make things fair offer PSL holders first dibs at buying seats at face value as long as PSL is paid off or up to date. Let us have first dibs on our sections.

I bet my entire section would be sold at from current PSL holders. There are not that many empty seats in LGL so I am sure they would sell quick.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why cant Jets just sell PSL seats on a seasonticket basis to non PSL holders and and just add in a surcharge.
    Isn't that what they are basically doing now?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Who cares?

There are only a handful of available PSL seats and they are in the worst locations. The Jets dump these on brokers and ticket sites. On gameday's, the stadium is full.

There is no issue here.

SAR I

Look just do this for example. LGL seats have a $130 face. Sell them on a season ticket basis for $1,600 a season ticket. A $300 mark-up without a PSL.

To make things fair offer PSL holders first dibs at buying seats at face value as long as PSL is paid off or up to date. Let us have first dibs on our sections.

I bet my entire section would be sold at from current PSL holders. There are not that many empty seats in LGL so I am sure they would sell quick.
    I could be wrong but didn't the Lions and/or Raiders have PSLs they basically stopped selling eventually?

If they go with your idea with the markup they shouldn't allow transfer rights. That's what drove me crazy in the old stadium. People could sell/transfer their season tickets.

How much was the deposit SAR put in your paypal account in order to get you to make this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I could be wrong but didn't the Lions and/or Raiders have PSLs they basically stopped selling eventually?

If they go with your idea with the markup they shouldn't allow transfer rights. That's what drove me crazy in the old stadium. People could sell/transfer their season tickets.
    Raiders; years ago:

The Surcharge Idea

The plan is to replace the PSL system with a ticket surcharge that basically breaks down to an average of $20 per ticket for Raiders games, and $7 per ticket for all other events. The math is simple: the more events held at the Coliseum, the larger the money.

The idea is to gradually replace the public authorities payments with revenue from the surcharge. For example, 129 A's and Warriors games and 25 events at a $7 surcharge with an average attendance of 5,000 people, plus 10 Raiders games at a $20 surcharge assuming an average attendance of 50,000 would give an annual revenue from the surcharge program of just over $15 million. Increasing the Raiders surcharge to an average of $30 would increase the annual revenue to just over $20 million. By comparison, the City of Oakland and the County of Alameda pay $20 million annually to the Raiders bond debt.

The ticket prices would certainly increase from $71 for each club seat, to a $91 average when a $20 surcharge is added * the surcharge would vary with seat location. For season ticket holders, the Oakland Football Marketing Association and the Raiders could give season ticket holders the option of paying the surcharge in installments, rather than adding it to the per ticket total

For example, a $20 surcharge times ten games is $200, and the payments could be divided, so that a $50 payment was due each month over a four-month period. So, the "cost barrier to entry" for interested season ticket purchasers is dramatically reduced. They don't have to make a lump sum payment.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Raiders; years ago:

The Surcharge Idea

The plan is to replace the PSL system with a ticket surcharge that basically breaks down to an average of $20 per ticket for Raiders games, and $7 per ticket for all other events. The math is simple: the more events held at the Coliseum, the larger the money.

The idea is to gradually replace the public authorities payments with revenue from the surcharge. For example, 129 A's and Warriors games and 25 events at a $7 surcharge with an average attendance of 5,000 people, plus 10 Raiders games at a $20 surcharge assuming an average attendance of 50,000 would give an annual revenue from the surcharge program of just over $15 million. Increasing the Raiders surcharge to an average of $30 would increase the annual revenue to just over $20 million. By comparison, the City of Oakland and the County of Alameda pay $20 million annually to the Raiders bond debt.

The ticket prices would certainly increase from $71 for each club seat, to a $91 average when a $20 surcharge is added * the surcharge would vary with seat location. For season ticket holders, the Oakland Football Marketing Association and the Raiders could give season ticket holders the option of paying the surcharge in installments, rather than adding it to the per ticket total

For example, a $20 surcharge times ten games is $200, and the payments could be divided, so that a $50 payment was due each month over a four-month period. So, the "cost barrier to entry" for interested season ticket purchasers is dramatically reduced. They don't have to make a lump sum payment.
    The problem with the surcharge idea is credit. If the events don't hit attendance targets (see Florida Marlins), the team or the state get left holding the bag. By forcing STH's to buy psl's, the risk of stadium is greatly reduced. Plus, STH's who bought psl's are less likely to drop out in bad years.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Isn't that what they are basically doing now?
    Jets never sold season tickets in the PSL areas. Towards end of season they dumped some individual games but never season tickets. And never the right to buy the same seats each year in a PSL area.

cheapest online PSLs per section I see today. Price is total asking price all the PSLs listed. Which would you buy? I like the section 142 row 30 aisle seats. Those seats are closest seats to 50 yard line in non club seats.

Mezzanine End Zone B 224b 8 1 - 2 Aisle All $1,750

Lower Level End Zone 103 44 13 - 14 All $3,000

Mezzanine End Zone A 228A 7 19 - 20 All $4,000

Touchdown Club Corner 244 12 1 - 2 Aisle All $5,600

Lower Level End Zone Corner 146 24 25 - 26 Aisle All $6,300

Touchdown Club Goal Line 234 6 9 - 10 All $6,950

Lower Level Goal Line 143 5 21 - 22 All $10,950

Lower Level Sideline 142 17 17 - 18 All $14,000

Lower Level Sideline 142 30 1 - 2 Aisle All $15,000

Lower Level Sideline Select 111a 24 7 - 8 $20,000

Coaches Club 111c 13 1 - 2 All $14,000

Touchdown Club Sideline 240 3 13 - 17 All $24,495 (5 seats for under 25K, ouch)

cheapest online PSLs per section I see today. Price is total asking price all the PSLs listed. Which would you buy? I like the section 142 row 30 aisle seats. Those seats are closest seats to 50 yard line in non club seats.

Mezzanine End Zone B 224b 8 1 - 2 Aisle All $1,750

Lower Level End Zone 103 44 13 - 14 All $3,000

Mezzanine End Zone A 228A 7 19 - 20 All $4,000

Touchdown Club Corner 244 12 1 - 2 Aisle All $5,600

Lower Level End Zone Corner 146 24 25 - 26 Aisle All $6,300

Touchdown Club Goal Line 234 6 9 - 10 All $6,950

Lower Level Goal Line 143 5 21 - 22 All $10,950

Lower Level Sideline 142 17 17 - 18 All $14,000

Lower Level Sideline 142 30 1 - 2 Aisle All $15,000

Lower Level Sideline Select 111a 24 7 - 8 $20,000

Coaches Club 111c 13 1 - 2 All $14,000

Touchdown Club Sideline 240 3 13 - 17 All $24,495 (5 seats for under 25K, ouch)
    Agreed on 142 row 30 on the aisle being the best deal and sightline. In and out as far as entry and exit which is also nice. Only thing that scares me is: Does the market for secondary PSLs continue to drop? Regretfully, I think it will. I will be watching these seats too to see if someone pulls the trigger or if he continues to lower the price. The seller may be compelled to reduce them further as his ticket invoice will be coming due soon ($2900).