Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ive been staying out of this thread because these points have been discussed enough already, but watching yesterdays press conference, you cannot help but see that this organization is 2 words from seeing actual fans leave.

Scott Cohen

It doesnt matter if people afford to keep paying for their seats, or not. It doesnt matter if the mezz sightlines are good or not. Nor does it matter if you can sell your seats to break even.

Its just becoming very difficult right now to support this team as a fan and especially financially. Whether its because of the insistence on keeping rex or not, our GM job was declined by Tom Heckert and used as leverage by David Caldwell. Our coach gave answers yesterday, that while honest, sounded idiotic. Our owner, who has zero football background, and has never hired an outside GM since he took over, backed the coach and said he believes we are on the right track.

If this organization winds up "cleaning house" by hiring the underling of the fired scapegoat, bringing no new blood into this equation, I honestly believe we will see some very loyal, longtime fans re-assess their committment to their seats and to the organization.
    Agree 100%.... I have been trying to stay optimistic and would be willing to live through a 2-3 year rebuilding process... IF IT WERE DONE RIGHT.

This appears to be "a process" to appease the fans and not a real GM search

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Glad to see you "out and about" today. Was afraid last night might have done you in. It's truly amazing that you can say that you think the coach is bad and should go and people think that means you are giving up on the team. I just don't get how people can equate the two.
    "People" equate the 2 because they do the right math - they know the QB is terrible, much worse than the coach.

When you persistently insist the opposite, that the Coach < the QB, especially when the coach is staying put for at least 1 more season you are either a troll or a dope. Pick one.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Glad to see you "out and about" today. Was afraid last night might have done you in. It's truly amazing that you can say that you think the coach is bad and should go and people think that means you are giving up on the team. I just don't get how people can equate the two.
    Thanks.

I drank heavily, downed a bottle of anti-depressants, and put my mouth around a tailpipe but unfortunately woke up this morning.

Not all fans 'get' what's going on because they listen to the garbage they are fed by Woody and Rex and think the media is the enemy, not the other way around. You feel bad for these people, but nothing we can do.

Some perspective: We've got a lot of posters here who are between the ages of 25-35. In 1995 they were a mere 7-to-17 years old and just comprehending the NFL. Since that time, we've been averaging 10 wins a season with a healthy quarterback, almost an elite AFC team by all standards. These 30-somethings simply don't know what it's like to have a really bad team and to make things worse they are used to us making a coaching change or a QB change and POOF! like magic we are back in contention.

That's why they scream for Sanchez' head as if it's Testaverde '02 or Pennington '08 or Favre '09. That's why they like Rex's act and don't want it to end. They just don't realize that we are decimated on the lines and have no playmakers, not a situation that ever happened since 2002 in these parts.

These fans simply don't know what you and I know. Two years from now, they'll get it.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    "People" equate the 2 because they do the right math - they know the QB is terrible, much worse than the coach.

When you persistently insist the opposite, that the Coach < the QB, especially when the coach is staying put for at least 1 more season you are either a troll or a dope. Pick one.
    Unfortunately, those fans are jumping on the wrong horse.

Rex Ryan is 50, has been in the NFL for 25 years, has reached his ceiling, isn't going to change.

Mark Sanchez just turned 26, has been in the NFL for 4 years, hasn't reached his potential, has never been coached properly, and has the possibility to improve.

Mark has done more with very little than Rex has with very much. Rex is in control of everything, and we suck. Mark only controls where the balls go and there aren't enough targets because Rex took them away.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ive been staying out of this thread because these points have been discussed enough already, but watching yesterdays press conference, you cannot help but see that this organization is 2 words from seeing actual fans leave.

Scott Cohen

It doesnt matter if people afford to keep paying for their seats, or not. It doesnt matter if the mezz sightlines are good or not. Nor does it matter if you can sell your seats to break even.

Its just becoming very difficult right now to support this team as a fan and especially financially. Whether its because of the insistence on keeping rex or not, our GM job was declined by Tom Heckert and used as leverage by David Caldwell. Our coach gave answers yesterday, that while honest, sounded idiotic. Our owner, who has zero football background, and has never hired an outside GM since he took over, backed the coach and said he believes we are on the right track.

If this organization winds up "cleaning house" by hiring the underling of the fired scapegoat, bringing no new blood into this equation, I honestly believe we will see some very loyal, longtime fans re-assess their committment to their seats and to the organization.
    If Scott Cohen, then I agree.

Speaking only for myself, I'm committed to the team and season tickets for 27 more years. I have no issue with that, I'm excited about that.

However, I don't feel good about the 2013 Jets at all therefore dishing out $5,000 for my 4 seats + parking feels very uncomfortable for me, it's just a waste of money. So, like 98% of the other PSL owners, I'll either reluctantly go to a few games or sell the 5 prime contests (NE, MIA, OAK, PIT, NO) for as much as I can and hopefully break even.

There's nothing disloyal in that. If Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan can put me into a position where I actually need to root against our head coach in order for us to improve, he's got to expect that I am not going to support that and will sell my 2013 seats to whoever wants them, enemy fans included.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Agree, so why bump the pig?

SAR I

Anyone think Woody will lower the ST prices this year? I read somewhere that an owner once did this due to the poor performance of his team the year before. It would go a long way with the fan base and we all know he can afford it.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Anyone think Woody will lower the ST prices this year? I read somewhere that an owner once did this due to the poor performance of his team the year before. It would go a long way with the fan base and we all know he can afford it.
    Dude, if you want more fluff for your next New York Post article just ask us. No need for the charades.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    is hell going to freeze over? woody is laughing all the way to the bank.

psl owners are being held ransom by woody johnson.

threads like these piss me off more than losing $30k.

Seems to me there is no problem in UD. Technically there are no seasonticketholders in the UD.

It is year to year commitments. When bill comes you pay or dont pay. Currently those folks have not paid anything towards 2013.

Folks in the PSL non-club seats, 2013 is no big deal. We have somewhat low ticket prices. We can afford to eat a few bad years.

I think one concern for Jets is Club Seat Ticket prices. Mezz Clubs, Coaches Club, the season ticket prices are killers. One cannot afford too many bad seasons with those ticket prices. Folks might even walk away from fully paid off season tickets.

How Coaches Club is $300 a ticket higher than Great Hall Club is beyond me. How Mezz Prime is same price as Great Hall Club but no free food is even more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    is hell going to freeze over? woody is laughing all the way to the bank.

psl owners are being held ransom by woody johnson.

threads like these piss me off more than losing $30k.
    You did not lose 30K. I know exactly where it it. Woody has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    You did not lose 30K. I know exactly where it it. Woody has it.
    i keep hoping i bought his hot wife some sexy lingerie namely a diamond studded thong that rides up her ass daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i keep hoping i bought his hot wife some sexy lingerie namely a diamond studded thong that rides up her ass daily.
    don`t be surprised if Woody is wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Dude, if you want more fluff for your next New York Post article just ask us. No need for the charades.

SAR I
    He needs to do something to "un-piss off" his fan base. I'm just saying it has been done before. I think lowering the ticket prices would be easier and less conflicting than lowering a PSL although he did do that once. And BTW he did lower the UD prices last year. He desperately needs some good PR. I can't think of a better way of achieving it.

Screw those in the UL. We the PSL owners are paying our dues. If there are lowered ticket and or parking prices in 2013 it should be for US, not those in the Upper Level.

However, I'm sure there won't be lowered LL/MZ prices and instead all we'll get is that half off parking if you pay with a debit card/check, crap. Frankly, we deserve more.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Screw those in the UL. We the PSL owners are paying our dues. If there are lowered ticket and or parking prices in 2013 it should be for US, not those in the Upper Level.

However, I'm sure there won't be lowered LL/MZ prices and instead all we'll get is that half off parking if you pay with a debit card/check, crap. Frankly, we deserve more.
    No argument there!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

all you PSL owners are gonna get screwed bigtime. You are binded by contracts. The UD is not. You guys are gonna pay the bulk of the Woody`s cost for that new Giants stadium plus whatever ticket losses happen from unsold seats throughout the new Giants stadium. Be prepared for price increases for the next 27 years. You may catch a break every few years with no increases, but you can count on Jets games costing PSL owners more and more as time goes. The UD will be $25 a seat with no PSL required, possibly even less than $25 just to get SOMEONE to sit in them, and it still will be empty. The UD is wasted space. Should have built a roof instead of another level.

What I think should be done with that crappy stadium is, have a retractable roof installed and tarp off the entire upper deck just for the Jets games(Giants don`t have the problems the Jets have with ticket sales, plus they wouldn`t be allowed to use the retractable because they are the ones who wanted this craphole the way it is). That will leave 55,000 PSL seats ONLY for Jets games. Tickets will be at a premium if anyone without a PSL wants to go. Maybe even the Coaches Club seats will finally sell out along with the other expensive club seats that didn`t sell. The only time the Jets will ever need to use the UD will be for playoff games. Which is unlikely for them to have at home. On average, the Jets have a home playoff game about once every 7 years. Will this idea I have help Woody? Nope. He`ll still be looking at 27,000 tarped off seats every home game if all the other seats sell out.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    all you PSL owners are gonna get screwed bigtime. You are binded by contracts. The UD is not. You guys are gonna pay the bulk of the Woody`s cost for that new Giants stadium plus whatever ticket losses happen from unsold seats throughout the new Giants stadium. Be prepared for price increases for the next 27 years. You may catch a break every few years with no increases, but you can count on Jets games costing PSL owners more and more as time goes. The UD will be $25 a seat with no PSL required, possibly even less than $25 just to get SOMEONE to sit in them, and it still will be empty. The UD is wasted space. Should have built a roof instead of another level.
    We don't care.

Stop trying to tell rich people how to spend their fun money.

Instead, go find a better job so you understand where we're coming from.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We don't care.

Stop trying to tell rich people how to spend their fun money.

Instead, go find a better job so you understand where we're coming from.

SAR I
    don`t care what rich people spend their money on. They`re all gonna die and it`s all for nothing anyway.

I think my idea is what the Jets may have to resort to eventually, not because rich people are throwing their money away because they want to and poor people aren`t spending thiers on the Jets. It has nothing to do with who has money to waste and who doesn`t want to waste it.

Even without a retractable roof, the Jets should simply tarp off the entire UD leaving only PSL seats available. It`ll be the best thing to happen to PSL owners since being given the opportunity to pay for upclose parking spots. You guys would make a killing on ticket brokering. I`m sure it will kill Woody to see the entire UD(27,000)not for sale but I think it will help sell the thousands of unsold PSLs available right now. Once the entire PSL seats are sold out, Woody can than kick everyone in their asses and open up the UD just stick to you even more. LOL I can easily see that happening.

I still think it would be the best move the Jets can do to help sell tickets. Not that I really care either but it`s probably the best move Woody can make right now before everyone says screw it.