Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Alkrotraz, your knowledge on this stuff is unreal. Are you sure you're not a broker or a dealer?
    Nope, kinda like stocks or bonds. I like following anything I invested in. This was just more interesting as an insanely illiquid market, zero price discovery when we bought them and so many insane variables and then Jets control ticket prices which could wreck havoc at any moment.

Interesting and fun to watch. PSLs are really like timeshares. You have to be extremely lucky to make a buck, 99% are losers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Ask for rows 1-3 in section 135 or 142. Always a high class of folks in those rows. When they did original seat allocation by seniority they told folks row four was first row available, chart actually has some open area/slash handicap seat in them. Even when they reduced prices and put seats in there they never sold them to the unwashed masses.

You need to pull some favors to get the seats but well worth them. Seen Ray Romano, ICE T and a few others there, with a 145 ticket price and 25 yard line first 3 rows they are money seats. With all the firings last week I am sure Jets now have some family VIP seats opening up.

Daughters have to marry rich. Broke Dick Mezz A and LLEZ folk aint getting you comped at your future inlaws golf course or hotel chain.
    I know a lot of people like Row 1-3 in the lower deck (along the sidelines), but I would rather sit in the UD Mens Toilet then sit in thRow 1-5 on the sidelines of MetLife:

1) Those seats are often obstructed by the TV Truck. If that happened to me, I am 100% positive that I would lose my mind.

2) Generally, I don't like to sit in the lowest rows. While attending the Mighty Univ of Texas, our student seats were always near the field. Simply put, I couldn't see squat.

My "Perfect" seats - money is no object - would be Row 1, 50 yard line of the Mezzanine.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 01-03-2013 at 04:40 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I thought the unwashed and the massive or obese are required to sit in the upper deck
    Spread the word.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    PSLs are really like timeshares. You have to be extremely lucky to make a buck, 99% are losers

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I know a lot of people like Row 1-3 in the lower deck (along the sidelines), but I would rather sit in the UD Mens Toilet then sit in thRow 1-5 on the sidelines of MetLife:

1) Those seats are often obstructed by the TV Truck. If that happened to me, I am 100% positive that I would lose my mind.

2) Generally, I don't like to sit in the lowest rows. While attending the Mighty Univ of Texas, our student seats were always near the field. Simply put, I couldn't see squat.

My "Perfect" seats - money is no object - would be Row 1, 50 yard line of the Mezzanine.
    you are right, I have a lot of obstructions in my seat.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Best Seats in Giants Stadium
    By Cassandra Handley
    12:08 PM, January 9 2009
    Tweet
    EMail
    Comment (0)

FOR:
    Sports

Bill Squires knows exactly where the money seats are in Giants Stadium. Having managed the 80,242-seat facility—the second largest in the N.F.L.—for more than 10 years for the New York Giants and Jets, he now serves as a consultant to both teams, advising them on anything related to the game-day experience, from security and parking to guest services and seating. With that expertise, this man can stand at the 50-yard line, close his eyes, and still direct VF Daily to the best seat in the house.The Best Seat: “Within Giants Stadium, the best seats are section 311, row 1, seats 12 to 15. This is the section’s first row, so there is no pedestrian obstruction, and the distance to the field is optimum. Likewise, in the section below, 211, the same set of seats is prime. Section 211 is on the mezzanine level, where there are only about 10,000 seats, so the lines at the restrooms and concession stands are not nearly as long as elsewhere.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...giants-stadium

In the old stadium row 1 mez 50 yard line were great. I dont know if they are the best in new stadium.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are right, I have a lot of obstructions in my seat.

Not bad, but when it is a goal line situation, the TV truck ( on the visitors side at least) is parked right in front of you. My Ex (who was taken from us by cancer at 30) had the exact same seats at Texas Stadium. When that truck rolled in front of us, I went ballistic every time,

From a resale perspective, the lower rows are the way to go. I just prefer a higher view.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to make 3 (or 4) payments throughout the fall. I think the last payment was on 12-15.

Because I had a cheap PSL and I picked the 5 year plan, I plan to finish paying it off in the Spring.

I am not defaulting even though my seats aren't ideal.
    1) At $2500, what is the point. I like going to games and knew that there would be bad years.
    2) We are hoping that we can "upgrade" or move to different seats. Now that our daughters are old enough to start attending, we might move up to Mezz A (more family friendly) if we can get good seats (aisle and/or lower rows). Otherwise, we will stand pat.
    Upgrading with a PSL means you would have to sell your current PSL privately and buy another one privately or from the Jets, right? The Jets wouldn't have anything to do with the sale of your current PSL...?
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 01-03-2013 at 05:46 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Upgrading with a PSL means you would have to sell your current PSL privately and buy another one privately or from the Jets? The Jets wouldn't have anything to do with the sale of your current PSL, right?
    The Jets will upgrade you in a nanosecond. Turn in your old PSLs get the new ones, pay the difference up front or in installments. Call several diffeent times to find out availability. You will pay full price this way.

If you are buying new PSLs at a discount on secondary market, then Jets wont take back your current PSLs. You have to sell yours on your own. At a discount obviously. EIther way, you will be paying the difference. All depends on the seats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill Squires knows exactly where the money seats are in Giants Stadium. Having managed the 80,242-seat facility—the second largest in the N.F.L.—for more than 10 years for the New York Giants and Jets, he now serves as a consultant to both teams, advising them on anything related to the game-day experience, from security and parking to guest services and seating. With that expertise, this man can stand at the 50-yard line, close his eyes, and still direct VF Daily to the best seat in the house.The Best Seat: “Within Giants Stadium, the best seats are section 311, row 1, seats 12 to 15. This is the section’s first row, so there is no pedestrian obstruction, and the distance to the field is optimum. Likewise, in the section below, 211, the same set of seats is prime. Section 211 is on the mezzanine level, where there are only about 10,000 seats, so the lines at the restrooms and concession stands are not nearly as long as elsewhere.

In the old stadium row 1 mez 50 yard line were great. I dont know if they are the best in new stadium.
    The Mezzanine in MetLife Stadium is even better than in Giants Stadium, one of the reasons why I chose it. I was a season ticket holder in the Mezz in GS for 9 seasons.

They have (no joke) about 10x more concession capacity and 5x more bathroom capacity and less fans sitting there. Gotta love the Mezz Clubs for that.

I can get in/out of my seats and to my car in under 8 minutes and that's on the escalator. Taking the stairs I can shave another minute off. At halftime, I have not waited on a bathroom line for more than 2 minutes, ever, and I can go to 5 different food stands all within a 3 minute walk from my seats.

Best of all is security. Those bad boys check every single ticket. Even mine, though they know my face and my family personally. That keeps all the riff-raff out, keeps the aisles clear, allows no one to sneak a smoke.

The Mezzanine is a dream. Couldn't be happier.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    By Cassandra Handley
    12:08 PM, January 9 2009
    Tweet
    EMail
    Comment (0)

FOR:
    Sports

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...giants-stadium

I would have to agree with this. I use to have section 319 row 1 seats 14-17. No one in front of you but the entire field. The Jets should have never agreed to go in half with this new stadium. If I was Woody, and having the WSS deal fall apart, I would have told the Giants NO FRICKEN WAY !! We`ll just continue to lease Giants Stadium until we find another way of getting our OWN stadium. I really wonder what would`ve happened if Woody did that. There was no way NJ was gonna let the Giants build a new stadium next to the old one if the Jets were still renting. NJ just had a new stadium built in Newark(Metrostars) along with a new arena(Prudential). I can only wonder what would`ve taken place if the Jets simply said no.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Mezzanine in MetLife Stadium is even better than in Giants Stadium, one of the reasons why I chose it. I was a season ticket holder in the Mezz in GS for 9 seasons.

They have (no joke) about 10x more concession capacity and 5x more bathroom capacity and less fans sitting there. Gotta love the Mezz Clubs for that.

I can get in/out of my seats and to my car in under 8 minutes and that's on the escalator. Taking the stairs I can shave another minute off. At halftime, I have not waited on a bathroom line for more than 2 minutes, ever, and I can go to 5 different food stands all within a 3 minute walk from my seats.

Best of all is security. Those bad boys check every single ticket. Even mine, though they know my face and my family personally. That keeps all the riff-raff out, keeps the aisles clear, allows no one to sneak a smoke.

The Mezzanine is a dream. Couldn't be happier.

SAR I
    Why is it not surprising that the guy who checks the tickets knows you on a personal basis?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 on the 40, jets side a few rows up in the mez. Great seats and amenities, but at my age I like a little more intensity in the crowd which is lacking in the club, especially the closer you get to the 50. I usually don't sit there, I usually take the seats in a corner/endzoneish 2 steps down from the entrance tunnel into the section in the lower level. It's much more lively there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    I have 4 on the 40, jets side a few rows up in the mez. Great seats and amenities, but at my age I like a little more intensity in the crowd which is lacking in the club, especially the closer you get to the 50. I usually don't sit there, I usually take the seats in a corner/endzoneish 2 steps down from the entrance tunnel into the section in the lower level. It's much more lively there.
    Want to trade?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Why is it not surprising that the guy who checks the tickets knows you on a personal basis?
    Life is about relationships. My coffee girl knows my face, I don't need to speak each morning to place my order, my usher knows my face, I don't need to reach into my pocket to show my ticket stub.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, kinda like stocks or bonds. I like following anything I invested in. This was just more interesting as an insanely illiquid market, zero price discovery when we bought them and so many insane variables and then Jets control ticket prices which could wreck havoc at any moment.

Interesting and fun to watch. PSLs are really like timeshares. You have to be extremely lucky to make a buck, 99% are losers
    Wait. PSL's are an investment? I thought they were just entertainment expenses.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Wait. PSL's are an investment? I thought they were just entertainment expenses.
    They are an investment like buying any assets that depreciates, car, boat, timeshare etc.

But you still want to buy the best value possible and have one that holds value for as long as possible.

My seats were a good value as I could sell them today for a profit. But really that just makes me feel good as I am not selling and in 30 years they will be worthless just like every other psl seat.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    The Jets will upgrade you in a nanosecond. Turn in your old PSLs get the new ones, pay the difference up front or in installments. Call several diffeent times to find out availability. You will pay full price this way.

If you are buying new PSLs at a discount on secondary market, then Jets wont take back your current PSLs. You have to sell yours on your own. At a discount obviously. EIther way, you will be paying the difference. All depends on the seats.
    I have three club corner seats row 2. The seats are awesome. I got them really to spend time with my family in a comfortable environment. However my well behaved 5 year old son told me last year that he doesn't want to go to the games cuz the games are too long. I don't know. He was more into the games in the old Giants stadium. (yeah do the math...the kid was watching the games and cheering let's go Jets at such a young age and would thank me for having him come with me to the games). I think that's why I went club. To create a better experience for me and my family. Wifey likes the club but i don't know...I'm curious to find out what seats are up for grabs in the future. Should i keep the three I have or go lower sideline level where the crowd is more active. On the orherhand Getting two green parking passes is a nice perk. Maybe I'll work something out mutually beneficial as the Jets will have no problems having a Jet fan relocate to my club seats.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
    I have three club corner seats row 2. The seats are awesome. I got them really to spend time with my family in a comfortable environment. However my well behaved 5 year old son told me last year that he doesn't want to go to the games cuz the games are too long. I don't know. He was more into the games in the old Giants stadium. (yeah do the math...the kid was watching the games and cheering let's go Jets at such a young age and would thank me for having him come with me to the games). I think that's why I went club. To create a better experience for me and my family. Wifey likes the club but i don't know...I'm curious to find out what seats are up for grabs in the future. Should i keep the three I have or go lower sideline level where the crowd is more active. On the orherhand Getting two green parking passes is a nice perk. Maybe I'll work something out mutually beneficial as the Jets will have no problems having a Jet fan relocate to my club seats.
    He's five. He doesn't get a vote.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Problem issueing Tix to PSL owners on installment plan

My cousin and his sons joined me for the 12/23 San Diego game. Good tailgate, horrible game.

On his way into the stadium the ticket taker said the tickets my cousin had were no good. The owner of the tickets owed money on his PSL. He was directed to the ticket booth.

The ticket booth people asked him to call the owner and see if he would make a payment.

My cousin called the PSL "owner" who said he could not make a payment. I know the PSL owner. He had two knee surgeries this year and was out of work for many months so I was not surprised (season ticket holder for 20+ years).

The ticket booth people suggested my cousin make a payment for the PSL owner which he declined to do.

He walked to the back of the ticket gate and bought 2 tickets for $25 ea. One was in the 300s and the other was in the Lexus Club ($225 face value).

At any rate he ended up sitting in the PSL owners seats with his sons in the 100s anyway.

This example shows the Jets have problems with a policy of issueing tickets to PSL owners on a payment plan.

Does Stubhub check to see if PSL owners selling tickets are on track with their payments before putting them on line for sale? Do we have to call the owners every time we buy a ticket in the parking lot?