Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    the reason the turnover is probably 2% and under right now is cause now everyone who originally brought them now realize what a bad investment it was and would like to sell them buy no-one else wants them
    The title of the thread has to do with an exodus from PSL's, 25% to 50% of all PSL owners being so mortified that they are refusing to pay their invoices, defaulting on their loans, ruining their credit ratings, risking prosecution.

So far, the only proof we've seen of any PSL resale are 68 seats on the biggest PSL sales website over a four-year period. If people were so desperate to get out of their PSL's for certain they would list them. Sort of hard to sell them if nobody knows they are for sale. Additionally, you have some PSL owners not really intending to sell who would list their tickets anyway just to see what the market will bear. I myself just for fun might list my seats at two times face value, see if somebody might bite, doesn't cost anything.

There is no exodus. Just the typical 3 Jets Insider whiners and a New York Post blogger fishing for a story.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1,651. That's the magic number. That's more than the customary 2% turnover each year.

When QJF does the research and provides a spreadsheet and links to sites that show SALES, not listings, then we'll talk.

Savvy?

SAR I
    I think people would be less concerned if there were SALES. Then at least you'd see some demand for the PSLs. Problem is there is a large amount of LISTINGS but no one is buying even at deep discounts. If the PSLs were flying off the shelves on the secondary market, we would have nothing to talk about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I think people would be less concerned if there were SALES. Then at least you'd see some demand for the PSLs. Problem is there is a large amount of LISTINGS but no one is buying even at deep discounts. If the PSLs were flying off the shelves on the secondary market, we would have nothing to talk about here.
    The problem is, anyone can list PSL's even if they really have no intention of selling them.

Additionally, if you are a ticket broker who bought large blocks of PSL's knowing that the Jets are headed into a 3-4 year downslide, might want to put some feelers out there and see if you can dump some of those seats now and then repurchase similar in a few years when the Jets are good again.

Listings mean nothing. The sure signs of an exodus are when 25% to 50% of PSL owners have completed a resale at a discount that is substantial. Everything else is just noise.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    So even your premise wasn't correct SAR?
    Here. Do some research. Here's the site that the other poster referenced:

http://www.stadiumpsl.com/new-york-j...r-sale/10.html

And here's the Jets seating chart along with the PSL prices for each section:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-a...ing-chart.html

For fun, I looked in Sections like 232, 142, 133, 131, you know, a typical decent non-Club PSL section and what do you know? At least half the seats with an asking price at or above face value.

You've been catfished.

SAR I

Here. Do some research. Here's the site that the other poster referenced:

http://www.stadiumpsl.com/new-york-j...r-sale/10.html

And here's the Jets seating chart along with the PSL prices for each section:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-a...ing-chart.html

For fun, I looked in Sections like 232, 142, 133, 131, you know, a typical decent non-Club PSL section and what do you know? At least half the seats with an asking price at or above face value.

You've been catfished.

SAR I
    Wait, so you are telling me that a site, RUN BY THE JETS, isnt listing their own tickets for below face value, epsecially when the media is claiming there are people defaulting?

Well if the jets are listing their seats at or above face value, then they must be so valuable....you gotta believe the jets, they couldnt possibly have a reason to list the seats at those values.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Wait, so you are telling me that a site, RUN BY THE JETS, isnt listing their own tickets for below face value, epsecially when the media is claiming there are people defaulting?

Well if the jets are listing their seats at or above face value, then they must be so valuable....you gotta believe the jets, they couldnt possibly have a reason to list the seats at those values.
    The site is not run by the Jets.

The media has not reported that anybody is defaulting. A single poster from this very thread spoke to a New York Post writer and he said conceivably someone could default and he wondered what the Jets would do about that.

SAR I

I've posted my annual income and net worth in the past, it's not appropriate here.

By "rich" I mean "PSL rich" or the ability to afford $5,000 a year or $60,000 per decade for NFL tickets. I don't think that's a lot of money, but apparently a lot of other people do because they keep telling us why we shouldn't be spending it.

SAR I
    I dont think you should ever post your annual income or I should ever ask such a question. Since you threw out "rich" people buy PSLs I was curious what your definition of rich was. 100K, 500K, one million etc.

Fact is the Jets are a pretty blue collar bunch. I hear things like he got a good job he is a fireman or a cop. Oh yea he is loaded he is an elevator repairman. Jets average income of fans have risen greatly last few years.

But the population of long term season ticket holders when stadium first offered PSLs which also was in midst of late 2008 and early 2009 the height of the financial crisis is not very much. I sit near a few season ticket holders since Shea, and they are guys in their 50s to 70s who are either blue collar or retired blue collar.

Honestly, the average new fan, white collar between 35-50 a PSL is not that much. We are talking folks who buy new cars, go to broadway plays and vacation in the islands with whole family.

The tradition Irish Cop who lives in a bungalow in Long Beach or Far Rockaway who went to Jets games at Shea and Meadowlands who had a block of seats the PSL prices seemed like a fortune.

In fact my seats are so good as much less Jets season ticket holders originally signed up for seats. Giants have a rich fan base and when long term fans were called the majority of good seats sold asap. Leaving crumbs for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I dont think you should ever post your annual income or I should ever ask such a question. Since you threw out "rich" people buy PSLs I was curious what your definition of rich was. 100K, 500K, one million etc.

Fact is the Jets are a pretty blue collar bunch. I hear things like he got a good job he is a fireman or a cop. Oh yea he is loaded he is an elevator repairman. Jets average income of fans have risen greatly last few years.

But the population of long term season ticket holders when stadium first offered PSLs which also was in midst of late 2008 and early 2009 the height of the financial crisis is not very much. I sit near a few season ticket holders since Shea, and they are guys in their 50s to 70s who are either blue collar or retired blue collar.

Honestly, the average new fan, white collar between 35-50 a PSL is not that much. We are talking folks who buy new cars, go to broadway plays and vacation in the islands with whole family.

The tradition Irish Cop who lives in a bungalow in Long Beach or Far Rockaway who went to Jets games at Shea and Meadowlands who had a block of seats the PSL prices seemed like a fortune.

In fact my seats are so good as much less Jets season ticket holders originally signed up for seats. Giants have a rich fan base and when long term fans were called the majority of good seats sold asap. Leaving crumbs for others.
    The price of the PSL itself is not the most relevant factor here whatsoever.

Even in the financial downturn time of 2008-09, the jets were able to sell almost all of the PSLs (although at reduced prices) because people thought that without a PSL they would get shut out of tickets or be stuck in the UD.

Now, for the exact reason that Same Asinine Rhetoric claims his PSLs are "GOLD" people are seeing that isnt the case at all.

It is far easier to simply buy single game tickets in PSL areas from "fans" dumping them or from the Jets themselves, avoid the preseason sunk costs, and also avoid a full season committment. That is what the problem here is.

This is NY, there is more money here then anywhere in the country, but you see PSLs available here and somehow dont see them available in Pittsburgh, where the income level is lower, because people dont sell the seats, and because the steelers dont have seats to sell on an individual game basis.

This is supply and demand....there is not enough demand here to drive PSLs higher and the supply will continue to move higher and higher, removing any "necessity" to won a PSL in order to see the jets play.

Luckily, SAR doesn't have to deal with this riff-raff anymore.

I have come to the conclusion that if Browning Nagle named this thread simply, "PSLs" and not "PSL Exodus is Coming" we'd have less bickering back and forth... It's all his f*ckin' fault!!!

I have come to the conclusion that if Browning Nagle named this thread simply, "PSLs" and not "PSL Exodus is Coming" we'd have less bickering back and forth... It's all his f*ckin' fault!!!
    BTW Jets are now offering to people in default with a balance owed on PSLs if they pay this years PSL payment they can skip the 2013 season.

Meaning just psl payment and no need to pay for 2013 season. Jets will just sells seats themselves. Places like Mezz B and club seats etc the seat sell at a loss when sold individually in sucky jets seasons.

The price of the PSL itself is not the most relevant factor here whatsoever.

Even in the financial downturn time of 2008-09, the jets were able to sell almost all of the PSLs (although at reduced prices) because people thought that without a PSL they would get shut out of tickets or be stuck in the UD.

Now, for the exact reason that Same Asinine Rhetoric claims his PSLs are "GOLD" people are seeing that isnt the case at all.

It is far easier to simply buy single game tickets in PSL areas from "fans" dumping them or from the Jets themselves, avoid the preseason sunk costs, and also avoid a full season committment. That is what the problem here is.

This is NY, there is more money here then anywhere in the country, but you see PSLs available here and somehow dont see them available in Pittsburgh, where the income level is lower, because people dont sell the seats, and because the steelers dont have seats to sell on an individual game basis.

This is supply and demand....there is not enough demand here to drive PSLs higher and the supply will continue to move higher and higher, removing any "necessity" to won a PSL in order to see the jets play.
    No.

The problem here is that you think $16,000 in PSL's and $60,000 per decade on season tickets is a lot of money.

It isn't.

Stop telling rich people how to spend their fun money. It is none of your business. Or, better yet, let me tell you what a waste of money beer and cigarettes and dogs and tailgating are. They cost you more than my paltry PSL's. Go start a thread about that.

Can't wait for the "Put Your Dog To Sleep Because Its A Waste Of Money" thread. Did you know that you don't have to buy a dog? You can get them for free. Did you know you don't even need to own a dog? You can find one in the street and play with it anytime you want. Did you know that dogs only live for 15 years? How could you spend money on such a depreciating asset? Dogs don't love you. They are just greedy and want you to feed them.

People who own dogs and spend money on them are idiots. Supply far exceeds demand, and the sunk costs are ridiculous. Get the point?

SAR I

Holy repetition Batman! None of has learned anything new from this stupid thread. It is useless. It's the same 5 or 6 people now for 3 years running saying the exact same things over and over and over. On both sides to the debate. Just look 5 posts up. I'm sure we all read the exact same thing in the very beginning of the New Stadium series of threads. It adds nothing new other than a new definition of SAR. Enough. No one is changing their minds on this issue no matter what anyone posts. So why bother? No one is learning anything from this thread. So why allow it to drone on?

This thread needs a big D - U - M - P.
    Last edited by Dcat; 01-17-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Poor blue-collar people like telling rich white-collar people what to do.

They have so much intelligent, deep thoughts to share with us. After all, that's why they're poor blue-collar people.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    No.

The problem here is that you think $16,000 in PSL's and $60,000 per decade on season tickets is a lot of money.

It isn't.

Stop telling rich people how to spend their fun money. It is none of your business. Or, better yet, let me tell you what a waste of money beer and cigarettes and dogs and tailgating are. They cost you more than my paltry PSL's. Go start a thread about that.

Can't wait for the "Put Your Dog To Sleep Because Its A Waste Of Money" thread. Did you know that you don't have to buy a dog? You can get them for free. Did you know you don't even need to own a dog? You can find one in the street and play with it anytime you want. Did you know that dogs only live for 15 years? How could you spend money on such a depreciating asset? Dogs don't love you. They are just greedy and want you to feed them.

People who own dogs and spend money on them are idiots. Supply far exceeds demand, and the sunk costs are ridiculous. Get the point?

SAR I
    If I had to guess, I prob. spent over $2k for the tailgaing this past season, including two new flag poles which I will have for years to come, but the catered Beefsteaks I did def cost some $$$... who cares though, all in good fun...

My mothers dog is 13 and not doing well, she has easliy dropped $1,000's in the past year.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

BTW Jets are now offering to people in default with a balance owed on PSLs if they pay this years PSL payment they can skip the 2013 season.

Meaning just psl payment and no need to pay for 2013 season. Jets will just sells seats themselves. Places like Mezz B and club seats etc the seat sell at a loss when sold individually in sucky jets seasons.
    of course they will ,that way they wouldn`t have to give those owners a shot at aquiring SB tickets for 2014. they`ll take those seats and package them with Hotels in Newark & NYC for SB week ,wanna guess what Woody will get for those.?

No.

It isn't.

SAR I
    Hey ASS HAT (and yea thats a personal attack - go ahead and cry to the mods about it) Never once did i mention what you should or shouldnt do with your money in my response, and furthermore it wasnt to you.

It was a logical explanation to someone else's poston PSLs in general, not my opinion on whether or not its smart to own them, not to mention it was factually correct.

If PSLs were about rich vs poor and how they spend their money, then the jets would have sold out in 1 day, considering NY has one of the highest income levels in the country as well as one of the largest populations per sq mile.

However THEY DIDNT.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    If I had to guess, I prob. spent over $2k for the tailgaing this past season, including two new flag poles which I will have for years to come, but the catered Beefsteaks I did def cost some $$$... who cares though, all in good fun...

My mothers dog is 13 and not doing well, she has easliy dropped $1,000's in the past year.
    "Dogs can cost between $310 and $7,100 to maintain every year and between $4,070 and $101,070 to maintain over a lifetime, says Kiplinger’s Personal Finance."

You stop your tailgating and put down the dog, I'll give up my PSL's.

SAR I

Hey ASS HAT (and yea thats a personal attack - go ahead and cry to the mods about it) Never once did i mention what you should or shouldnt do with your money in my response, and furthermore it wasnt to you.

It was a logical explanation to someone else's poston PSLs in general, not my opinion on whether or not its smart to own them, not to mention it was factually correct.

If PSLs were about rich vs poor and how they spend their money, then the jets would have sold out in 1 day, considering NY has one of the highest income levels in the country as well as one of the largest populations per sq mile.

However THEY DIDNT.
    Somebody's getting a little ornery now that the shoe's on the other foot, someone is lecturing him on how he should spend his fun money.

Your dog costs you $120 per month, $1,440 per year, $20,288 over its lifetime.

Put down your dog. Then you can tell me what to do with my PSL's.

SAR I