Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 979

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

  1. #881
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    this is not a stupid thread at all. It`s a mecca of information and misinformation. Positive, negative and neutral responses. People learn more from these threads than anywhere else. Just my two cents.
    There's nothing to learn here except the following:

    - Rich people can afford to burn $500 in fun money on Jets PSL's each year and not really care about it.

    - Poor people can waste $3500 on cigarettes or $1300 on beer each year and not think it's a bad thing.

    - There is no PSL exodus, just a lot of selfish jealousy.

    SAR I

  2. #882
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There's nothing to learn here except the following:

    - Rich people can afford to burn $500 in fun money on Jets PSL's each year and not really care about it.

    - Poor people can waste $3500 on cigarettes or $1300 on beer each year and not think it's a bad thing.

    - There is no PSL exodus, just a lot of selfish jealousy.

    SAR I
    At Met Life stadium $1,300 in beer is not much at all.

    Also paying a PSL is not fun. Going to games is fun.

    I used to have row one Mezz seats many years ago in Giants stadium. I did not think they were the cats meow. First I felt like I was yelling into outer space, no one in front of me and no one can hear me. Second I was pretty far back from field, only thing I had a really good view of was the middle part of lower level seating.

    PSL or no PSL Row one 50 yard line Upper Deck is most likely a better view than row one Mezz corner.

    Row one Mezz A corner, has no standing all the time, no one blocking your view, near escalator, easy in and out, short lines at bathrooms and concessions. But the view, not so great.

  3. #883
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There's nothing to learn here except the following:

    - Rich people can afford to burn $500 in fun money on Jets PSL's each year and not really care about it.

    SAR I
    I vaguely remember some blowhard on this forum coining the phrase

    PSL GOLD


    Way to stick to your guns.

  4. #884
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    On the very site where Jets fans buy and sell a whopping 7 PSL's per year the Giants have more PSL's for sale than the Jets do. What are your thoughts on that? Love to hear it. Their fanbase was always in NJ, right? Their team has won 2 Super Bowls in the last few years, right? Their team gets to play glamor Cowboys, Mike Vick, and RGIII each year, right? They're not playing in 'someone else's stadium', right?

    The Jets are in a down period. No question about it. The economy is in a down period. No question about that either. You would expect some Jets fans to not want to write a check for $5,000 in April for season tickets. You would expect some Jets fans to be down on their luck, out of a job, death in the family, relocation. The Jets have stated that 2% of the seats in Giants Stadium from 1984-2009 changed hands every year too, nothing different now.

    You listen to Alkotraz and his 7 transactions per year and his drug-dealing scalper all you want. Truth is, if there were a mass PSL exodus we'd have heard about it by now. How about you listen to the dozens of real-world PSL holders in this very thread and pay attention to the fact that none of us are dumping them, none of us are defaulting on anything, none of us are unhappy, none of us expected 30 years of consecutive winning seasons.

    Personally, you just keep rooting against the Jets any way you can. Sickening.

    SAR I
    SAR you're smarter then this. I know you are. I just can't figure why you get such a thrill about this stuff that you must constantly peddle bs.

    Did you ever once think that the reason there are so few transactions is BECAUSE THERE ARE NO BUYERS? Obviously since the prices keep dropping that must be true. Eventually they will get low enough where buyers will appear. What that point is nobody knows now. You ask me why are there more Giant transactions? Because there are more buyers currently willing to shell out money for Giant PSL's. It's all logical SAR and I know you get it. The question is why do you continue to post such nonsense?

  5. #885
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Further musing....I'd basically be putting out $15k PLUS the effort to sell and manage 2 extra tickets for at least a couple years with the risk of losing some of that money. And this just to "upgrade" by 6 seats, with the risk that this section may have a maniac next to me or something. OK so now I'm convincing myself to forget about these seats. Please someone buy them soon so I can stop musing....
    I don't know your financial situation or how important 6 seats is to you but I wouldn't buy two extra and spend an additional $15k. If you're thinking about value I'll put it this way...if they're sitting around this long for $15k why hasn't anyone snatched them up?

    Personally I'd take the $15k and put it toward a down payment on a small one bedroom condo that now go for $150k and rent it out. You would have a better return on investment.

    If you want to have 4 PSLs in the future and money isn't the issue then I'd say go for it.

  6. #886
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    At Met Life stadium $1,300 in beer is not much at all.

    Also paying a PSL is not fun. Going to games is fun.

    I used to have row one Mezz seats many years ago in Giants stadium. I did not think they were the cats meow. First I felt like I was yelling into outer space, no one in front of me and no one can hear me. Second I was pretty far back from field, only thing I had a really good view of was the middle part of lower level seating.

    PSL or no PSL Row one 50 yard line Upper Deck is most likely a better view than row one Mezz corner.

    Row one Mezz A corner, has no standing all the time, no one blocking your view, near escalator, easy in and out, short lines at bathrooms and concessions. But the view, not so great.


    I'm crying. Truly.

    So without bad stats from barely credible sources this is what it boils down to? Trying to put down other PSL owners? Be careful Alko; I might be asking you to put up a PDF of your PSL agreement soon.

    SAR I

  7. #887
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Respectfully, just stop already.

    When I post on seating locations, it's purely subjective. Sort of like saying chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla. Some people don't like the mezzanine, not like my saying "the mezzanine rules!" is going to sway anyone.

    Conversely, you keep posting with "empirical data" showing what PSL seats are currently "going for" in the "open market" but your datapoints are bad and your reliance on a single PSL site that itself admits to only 7 Jets transactions per year in a 4 year period is not only sketchy, it's downright misleading.

    Now you have "a ticket scalper" to add to the list of "credible datapoints". Really? A scalper? Who is this guy? How many Jets fans can he contact? 10 or 10,000? Does he offer drugs too, or just NFL tickets? He has "no interest" at certain price levels? So what, he's just one guy out of tens of thousands.

    I'm going to sell my PSL's to my wife for $64,000 tonight. Then, I'll come back into this thread and say "Wow! PSL's are selling like hotcakes, Mezz A corners just went for 4x face value! FTW!"

    You get the point. Cut it out.

    SAR I
    There are plenty of other places to look. Check out completed listings on ebay. Check out craigslist. The list goes on.

    I am not anti-PSL but right now they're going for peanuts. To say if the price will go up or down no one knows but to say they will go up in a few years we don't know. Our owner is a buffoon and he may let Rex stay here for 15 years none of us know.

  8. #888
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I vaguely remember some blowhard on this forum coining the phrase

    PSL GOLD


    Way to stick to your guns.
    My seats are PSL gold.

    No PSL owner is looking at this as an investment; it's merely a price increase. For fans who routinely spend $60,000 per decade on Jets gameday tickets, this $3,500 PSL vig is a mere pittance.

    It should not matter to you how we spend our fun money. Let me ask you, do you smoke, drink, have a dog, eat lunch out every day, have a bagel and coffee in the morning? Because if you do any single one of those things it's costing you a lot more than it's costing us every year.

    We all have our vices, our guilty pleasures. It's not your damn business how we spend our fun money.

    SAR I

  9. #889
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    There are plenty of other places to look. Check out completed listings on ebay. Check out craigslist. The list goes on.

    I am not anti-PSL but right now they're going for peanuts. To say if the price will go up or down no one knows but to say they will go up in a few years we don't know. Our owner is a buffoon and he may let Rex stay here for 15 years none of us know.
    In all walks of life, there are people who extend their credit too much and make a mistake. If I was some 26 year old kid in an entry-level job, getting $10,000 worth of Jets PSL's along with a commitment to spend $4,000 a year on season tickets might've sounded awesome in 2009 and might look stupid right now. That person would do anything to get out of the $4,000 season-ticket commitment including eating a couple of grand on the PSL that has his hands tied.

    That unfortunate financial situation is not the same thing as a "mass PSL exodus" because of how poorly the Jets are playing. The Jets themselves have told us that 2% of the stadium population has historically turned over stretching back as far as 1984. So far, all of these examples of PSL's for sale on several different websites and anecdotal information from ticket pimps is far less than 2%.

    And on the most popular PSL resale website, the New York Giants have more PSL's for sale than the New York Jets do right now, and certainly that welll-run franchise has no fans that would want out.

    The reason some of these PSL's seem to be going for 'peanuts' is because you have desperate sellers whose financial situations have changed in the past four years. It's a very sad thing, nothing that should be celebrated. It is not an indicator that there is a mass PSL defection from Jets fans. Quite the opposite, in fact.

    SAR I

  10. #890
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I vaguely remember some blowhard on this forum coining the phrase

    PSL GOLD


    Way to stick to your guns.
    i think it was "investment gold".

  11. #891
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    [IMG] Be careful Alko; I might be asking you to put up a PDF of your PSL agreement soon.
    SAR I
    dont play sar says alko.

  12. #892
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    I'm crying. Truly.

    So without bad stats from barely credible sources this is what it boils down to? Trying to put down other PSL owners? Be careful Alko; I might be asking you to put up a PDF of your PSL agreement soon.

    SAR I
    Actual view mezz a corner, try to see downfield


  13. #893
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like


    view from my seats

  14. #894
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The reason some of these PSL's seem to be going for 'peanuts' is because you have desperate sellers whose financial situations have changed in the past four years. It's a very sad thing, nothing that should be celebrated. It is not an indicator that there is a mass PSL defection from Jets fans. Quite the opposite, in fact.

    SAR I
    More craziness SAR. Why do you even bother? Has the economy only hit Jet fans? Why are Jet fans more desperate then other fans? Jet PSL prices on the secondary market are dropping because these PSL owners don't want to own them any more. Period. Can some of it be because of the economy? Sure, but Giant fans operate in the same economy that Jet fans do.

    Stop Sar. Just stop peddling such bs. It's beneath you.

  15. #895
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like


    Mezz A like I said has a great view of middle of lower level, try to see other side of field.

  16. #896
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

    view from my seats
    If I wanted to sniff jock I would go to the high school across the street.

    I want to see a football game. I want to see plays develop. You can't do that down so low, especially when the TV truck goes by with the camera crew in your face.

    Again, someone calls you out on your shady sources and assumptive mathematics and your retort is to put down his seating location. That's so helpful. What a good poster you are.

    SAR I

  17. #897
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    More craziness SAR. Why do you even bother? Has the economy only hit Jet fans? Why are Jet fans more desperate then other fans? Jet PSL prices on the secondary market are dropping because these PSL owners don't want to own them any more. Period. Can some of it be because of the economy? Sure, but Giant fans operate in the same economy that Jet fans do.

    Stop Sar. Just stop peddling such bs. It's beneath you.
    The Giants have more PSL's for sale on that PSL site than the Jets do.

    The laughs just keep on rolling...

    SAR I

  18. #898
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If I wanted to sniff jock I would go to the high school across the street.

    I want to see a football game. I want to see plays develop. You can't do that down so low, especially when the TV truck goes by with the camera crew in your face.

    SAR I
    you will get arrested.

    anyone i know with seats high up says this.

  19. #899
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Philly
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Giants have more PSL's for sale on that PSL site than the Jets do.

    The laughs just keep on rolling...

    SAR I

    I just wanted to chime in as I read most of this thread and I'd like to preface this by saying while I am a Jets fan, I am not a PSL owner nor am I a season ticket holder but try to make a few games here and there throughout the season. I think the fact the the economy is such that a fair number of people selling these PSL's is due to the economy and having the team not doing well both on the field of play as well as the internal turmoil within the front office plays a role too.

    I would like to say though for factual purposes at least from 1 site I checked out that sells PSL's and found out that actually the Jets have 447 items for sale (their term) compared to the Giants who have 133 items for sale.

    Perhaps the site you looked at were different but the one I saw wasn't but hey, this could be a good time for someone to "buy in" on the lower end of the PSL market.

  20. #900
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Giants have more PSL's for sale on that PSL site than the Jets do.

    The laughs just keep on rolling...

    SAR I
    And what is their price relative to face of Giant PSL's compared to the price of Jet PSL's relative to face for completed transactions?

    Hey I know you recently moved to Jersey. When your house was appraised did the appraiser check comparable prices for houses that were sold or prices asked on current listings?

    I know you know the answer and it doesn't back up your argument.

    Yes the laughs just keep on rolling.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us