Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Stubhub and NFL ticket exchange are now electronic so I have no clue who is buying them.

Also I gave up trying to sell to Jet fans. Last straw was a Jet fan who when he found out I only go to around six games a year said he would buy four games off me every season and wanted four of the middle six games each year at face.

I then said the two pre-season and last two games are near worthless most years so this wont work for me. He said I know why do you think I only want middle six games.

Jet fans want pre-season for free, and discounts on the games like this Sunday and want to pay face for big games.

I have no problem taking friends and family to game with me for free. But why would I want to give them preseason games and end of season games for free then sell them 49ers, Pats, Giants regular season games at face. Plus who scalps to people you know.

Bad enough folks cant comprehend PSL fee and all the effort it took me to get great seats. So much easier to just throw them on-line at a high price and magically money appears in my account. Jet fans are cheap, if I had Giant tickets I would sell to fans. They understand that if tickets with a face of 130 that sell for 300 on stubhub a deal is not paying the 15% fee and getting tickets for $240. Jet fans want them for face, you to deliver them to your house and they might pay you after game if they win and you do their dishes. Selling to Jet fans anything and trying to make a profit is like selling bacon and ham outside a temple on saturday and wondering why you aint making money.
    I couldn't have said it better. A prime example of this absurd Jets fan phenomenon is the ticket forum on this very site where you are not allowed to post tickets at anything but face or below, to hell with fair market value. Jets fans always looking for a bargain from other Jets fans. Thanks, but I'll stick to Stubhub for games I don't attend. And if it is an opposing fan that buys my tickets, well anyone here could have bought the same tickets from me for less than the opposing fan paid (listing price, but minus the stub hub commission) but chose not to because it was over face. Sorry dudes, but fair market value is the 21st century expectation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    More like the "real suckers".
    guess you are not going...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    SG3, UD'ers are going to leave in droves. You just make it sound so simple like you have a crystal ball. We have not had a season like this since Kotite (we are a joke) but back then parking was paid on the day of the game and we did not have to buy Pre-seasons. The UD is going to empty out unless he cuts prices by 25-30%. Jet fans are pissed and embarrassed. Me, 32 years and counting, I am not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Sec340; 12-20-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    SG3, UD'ers are going to leave in droves. You just make it sound so simple like you have a crystal ball. We have not had a season like this since Kotite (we are a joke) but back then parking was paid on the day of the game and we did not have to buy Pre-seasons. The UD is going to empty out unless he cuts prices by 25-30%. Jet fans are pissed and embarrassed. Me, 32 years and counting, I am not going anywhere.
    They should just tarp over the UD EZ and UD corners row 20 and up.

Any ticket that was $50 bucks last season is worthless. Why even have those seats, they cheapen ticket prices all over stadium.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    BTW I will report first hand on this. I bought a pair of season tickets in the uppers last season as I got good seats for $50 bucks. I am not renewing them.

But will be interested in how Jets get me to try to renew. Throw in a free yellow parking pass or $250 in snacks and maybe I will. But without a deal no way. I dont need them. They dont sell above face in secondary and no one wants to sit in them. Everyone I take wants to sit in lower level.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most UDers with the prime or sideline seats are staying

There won't be much problem finding new cheapskates at 50 or 75 bucks per to replace the cheapskates that bail

Happened the first two years and will happen every year win or lose

The vast majority of the STHs in the seats worth owning with PSLs remain happy with the valuable asset they own and aren't going anyplace

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

There won't be much problem finding new cheapskates at 50 or 75 bucks per to replace the cheapskates that bail

The vast majority of the STHs in the seats worth owning with PSLs remain happy with the valuable asset they own and aren't going anyplace

Last year during seat upgrade process for UD my friend gave me his pasword so I could help him pick. I saw at least 30 UD prime row one seats open from people who dropped them. Sure people moved over and took them, but in old days someone with row one sideline UD seats or low row 50 yard line UD seats you had to pull them from their dead hands to get them.

Key is to get folks paying $50 bucks to over over to $105 and $125 seats and that will be hard. I only paid 1k for a pair, hard to get me to even renew them seats let alone a pair for 2.5k in UD Prime

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Last year during seat upgrade process for UD my friend gave me his pasword so I could help him pick. I saw at least 30 UD prime row one seats open from people who dropped them. Sure people moved over and took them, but in old days someone with row one sideline UD seats or low row 50 yard line UD seats you had to pull them from their dead hands to get them.

Key is to get folks paying $50 bucks to over over to $105 and $125 seats and that will be hard. I only paid 1k for a pair, hard to get me to even renew them seats let alone a pair for 2.5k in UD Prime
    You're not a cheapskate. They'll find new ones to replace the old ones

Like every year

No big news here despite the dreams of the OP

Certainly no PSL exodus given that the large majoriy are paid off. Nobody is financially unwise enough to walk away from multithousands in assets to avoid paying for annual gameday costs that can easily be recouped in stubhub resales.

Not everybody is thrilled and excited about losing 30K

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Most probably will, but maybe 5000 will bail.

the first year they were coming of a playoff appearance. The 2nd year the team bought a lot of them back up and ave them away. There is no draw this year, even the tebow fans who purchased tickets, wont be there again

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an Fing patfan wtf do you know

There has been about a 1-2 percent turnover in PSL seats each year due to moves deaths and joblosses.

It will probably be the same or less this offseason since the majority of PSLs are paid off and nobody is throwing away a significant asset value to not buy tickets whose annual costs can be easily recouped.

Want to see that mass exodus...watch Sucksboro in 2015 when Gramps Brady hangs up his panties and the front-runners bail by the tens of thousands

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

There has been about a 1-2 percent turnover in PSL seats each year due to moves deaths and joblosses.

It will probably be the same or less this offseason since the majority of PSLs are paid off and nobody is throwing away a significant asset value to not buy tickets whose annual costs can be easily recouped.

Want to see that mass exodus...watch Sucksboro in 2015 when Gramps Brady hangs up his panties and the front-runners bail by the tens of thousands

Only folks I heard of in PSL land dropping are folks who jumped in on the 2.5K nothing down PSLs in bad seats like Mezz B or LLEZ dripline. Those folks have hardly any skin in game and some feel jets wont bother chasing them down for peanuts

Folks in those sections who bought pre-price cut made a big downpayment, made a few PSL payments and wont jump ship.

Example. On guy I now bought row two aisle LLEZ for 10K and put down 20% in first go around. Price was cut to 5k, he put down 2k now so balance is 3k and he made a few payments. He aint leaving no matter what.

Person B I know last summer bought two mezz B psls put down 10% or $400 bucks, seats were jammed in corner by drip line and Jets refused to move him to better seats. He skipped 11-1-12 payment and is done. He went to game right before hurricane. Jets did not even kill his remaining tickets as they were hoping he would pay. Mezz B seats are like 2.5k a pair on line. He owes $3,700 and for chump change like that he figures Jets wont chase him.

Lots and lots of folks in 2.5k seats who bought in 2011 or 2012 have no skin in the game. Anyhow who bought in original go around like me has either paid it off, or if on 5 year plan almost paid it off. Plus those are the most loyal fans. I paid my PSLs are right away. Most folks near me got great seats and most downgraded amount of seats they have. I only have two psls and five in my family. We mitigated some risk by buying less. Jets will treat PSL holders right, maybe free parking etc. Jets have been good to me. I will stick by them

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You still haven't answered what the point is of having tickets if you're going to sell the games against top teams?
    he is stuck with a worthless investment a new york jets psl and season tickets. he calls it investment gold and said he never missed a game all of a sudden hes joe ticket agent selling off prime team games.

i too own psls and they are worthless and i lost money. no one on this board cant say they made a good investment investing in new york jets psls and season tickets.

its 43 years and counting soon to be 44 the jets are who they are and it what it is and that certainly isnt a good investment.
    Last edited by Nike; 12-20-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

kraft built a brand new stadium all by himself without help unlike woody and they dont charge a psl fee. woody is in it for the money and nothing more. look at the condition of the team and tell me differently.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    it was a loss but in the long run i won and many of you wont be so lucky to recoup even 50% and thats your choice. i made mine.

in the line of work im in i spent bonus money on those tix and already recouped my loss and then some.

i will not support woody johnson or the jets in person spending a dime until drastic changes are made.

enjoy the game.
    Just curious to how you recouped your losses?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Just curious to how you recouped your losses?
    hard work mostly 10-12 hour days but in the line of work im in the hurricane helped me make up the loss alot quicker than it would have without the storm. and no one was price gouged or were prices changed because of the hurricane.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hard work mostly 10-12 hour days but in the line of work im in the hurricane helped me make up the loss alot quicker than it would have without the storm. and no one was price gouged or were prices changed because of the hurricane.
    Oh IC. I guess that's a good way of looking at it. I thought you recouped by selling your ticket making it a zero loss...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Oh IC. I guess that's a good way of looking at it. I thought you recouped by selling your ticket making it a zero loss...
    no way i lost as we speak even with the option to sell the 4psls and seats im still gonna be out $19.5k. just couldnt fathom paying all that money for those seats hard to sell also at that price. it is what it is i dont look back i look forward. put a decent team on the field weekly and things will get better as it cant get any worse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    them bastards should go broke, for what they did to the regular joe, jets fan

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My house was heavily damaged in Sandy and I carried no flood insurance. I got no problem with honest contractors making a buck but so many were shady.

Electricians showed up uninvited trying to charge me 10K to rewire house or report me.

Rip out and mold remediation folk targeting the elderly and poor getting them scared to death and paying through the nose.

Oil/furnace people trying to charge for pump outs of old oil that DEC does for free.

"licensed" contractors, electricians and plumbers trying to stop people from using handymen.

I have a honest guy helping me, but he no longer wont work if me or wife aint home.

I feel really bad for some old lady near me, she got 31,900K from fema to do repairs and shady mold people, rip out people, electricans and plumbers hit her up for the full 31,900 and after they bled her dry they left her with a empty torn up house.

Meanwhile she could have got her electrical, plumbing, ripout and mold done for free and she should have used the 31,900 to actually rebuild.

I had to watch 99% of contractors like a hawk. Even had a guy with a fake LIPA badge attempt to enter property, a building inspector looking for cash and a contractor threaten my sheetrock guy from queens for moving in on his area.

I know the guys want to make a buck, but stick with folks with insurance, leave us folks without insurance or widows and orphans alone. I dont need to pay for the money you lost on your jets tickets, your new car or your trip to Atlantis

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    them bastards should go broke, for what they did to the regular joe, jets fan
    they wanted the regular joe jets fan out and wanted the new and improved fan like sar i who now is talking about being a sellout no surprise for certain games.

they should have bagged the psls and raised ticket prices and never forced anyone out or up. this entire debacle with this team and season tickets is the most ridiculous thing ive seen in many years as a jets fan.

whats next an announcement that woody sold the team and the new owner is moving them to la?