Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post

I would like to say though for factual purposes at least from 1 site I checked out that sells PSL's and found out that actually the Jets have 447 items for sale (their term) compared to the Giants who have 133 items for sale.
    So even your premise wasn't correct SAR?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets also point out the the Giants sell more Psl's then the Jets the giants charge for $1000 a seat for UD seats the Jets don't charge for uppers. The money woody loses on those PSL's he makes up charging higher PSL' s than the giants on mid & lower level seating which he sticks to probably the longtime fan as opposed to the fair weather fan..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

PSL or no PSL Row one 50 yard line Upper Deck is most likely a better view than row one Mezz corner.
    No doubt... and a lot better value given your point there is no PSL with UD seats. Give me a choice of 1st row LL end zone and last row UD 50 on the TV side? No brainer IMO. I heard Mike & Mike say the same thing not long ago when they were talking about sight lines.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If I wanted to sniff jock I would go to the high school across the street.

I want to see a football game. I want to see plays develop. You can't do that down so low, especially when the TV truck goes by with the camera crew in your face.

SAR I
    LOLz, this thread is comedy gold.

"My over-priced seat's better than youuuuuuur over-priced seats...neener, neerer, neener."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    I just wanted to chime in as I read most of this thread and I'd like to preface this by saying while I am a Jets fan, I am not a PSL owner nor am I a season ticket holder but try to make a few games here and there throughout the season. I think the fact the the economy is such that a fair number of people selling these PSL's is due to the economy and having the team not doing well both on the field of play as well as the internal turmoil within the front office plays a role too.

I would like to say though for factual purposes at least from 1 site I checked out that sells PSL's and found out that actually the Jets have 447 items for sale (their term) compared to the Giants who have 133 items for sale.

Perhaps the site you looked at were different but the one I saw wasn't but hey, this could be a good time for someone to "buy in" on the lower end of the PSL market.
    I would think how many they are for sale is less indicative of demand or lack thereof than are the ones that are being sold are listed for a profit or a loss? with both teams coming off disappointing seasons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

"My over-priced seat's better than youuuuuuur over-priced seats...neener, neerer, neener."
    Proof positive that nobody likes rich people. Even rich people hate rich people.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    And what is their price relative to face of Giant PSL's compared to the price of Jet PSL's relative to face for completed transactions?

Hey I know you recently moved to Jersey. When your house was appraised did the appraiser check comparable prices for houses that were sold or prices asked on current listings?

I know you know the answer and it doesn't back up your argument.

Yes the laughs just keep on rolling.
    I don't know.

Why don't you take all of your free time and do some research yourself for a change. The onus is isn't on me to prove you wrong; the onus is on you to prove you right.

Go to Google, find the top five PSL resale sites, create a spreadsheet showing all Jets PSL's currently available for sale, all Jets PSL's sold in the past three years, and the relative selling price for each vs list. Then go to eBay and Craigslist and do the same thing. When you're done, do the exact same thing for the Giants. Come back and publish a white paper telling us what you found.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So even your premise wasn't correct SAR?
    My premise is I'm very happy in my PSL seats and my PSL seats are investment gold. I helped quite a few others find really good seats, PSL's appear to be 95% sold out, the stadium is full even when we suck, there was no exodus from Giants Stadium in 2009, there is no exodus from PSL's in 2013.

In fact, the only exodus seems to be you. Sitting there curled up in a little ball on your couch hating Woody Johnson, hating PSL owners, hating the Jets. We have several Patriots fans that treat us better than this.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    No doubt... and a lot better value given your point there is no PSL with UD seats. Give me a choice of 1st row LL end zone and last row UD 50 on the TV side? No brainer IMO. I heard Mike & Mike say the same thing not long ago when they were talking about sight lines.

I chose the most affordable mezzanine PSL's as close to the sidelines as possible so as to avoid the dirt bag burping farting upper decker's.

Mission accomplished. My only regret is that I didn't buy the whole first row.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I chose the most affordable mezzanine PSL's as close to the sidelines as possible so as to avoid the dirt bag burping farting upper decker's.

SAR I
    I met this dirt bag, burping, farting upper decker at the San Diego game...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know.

Why don't you take all of your free time and do some research yourself for a change. The onus is isn't on me to prove you wrong; the onus is on you to prove you right.

Go to Google, find the top five PSL resale sites, create a spreadsheet showing all Jets PSL's currently available for sale, all Jets PSL's sold in the past three years, and the relative selling price for each vs list. Then go to eBay and Craigslist and do the same thing. When you're done, do the exact same thing for the Giants. Come back and publish a white paper telling us what you found.

SAR I
    You're telling me to do research? Why don't you do the research before giving Cornfed advice that he is better off upgrading his PSL's now because there's a good chance he won't be able to next year. Why don't you do the research before sprouting off all your bs statistics. Yes, if you are giving other people advice the burden on you is to back up what you say and not to lie.

You're right I have not gone to any PSL reselling sites. I have just read the posts from those who have and ALL of them say the Jet PSL's are selling at significant discount to face.

Why don't you believe them? Why do you push your agenda with your crazy theories and bs stats?

My premise is I'm very happy in my PSL seats and my PSL seats are investment gold.
    SAR I
    I get it. We all get it. You love your seats and you love the process. All we ask you stop lying to everybody else about what the PSL situation is.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You're telling me to do research? Why don't you do the research before giving Cornfed advice that he is better off upgrading his PSL's now because there's a good chance he won't be able to next year. Why don't you do the research before sprouting off all your bs statistics. Yes, if you are giving other people advice the burden on you is to back up what you say and not to lie.

You're right I have not gone to any PSL reselling sites. I have just read the posts from those who have and ALL of them say the Jet PSL's are selling at significant discount to face.

Why don't you believe them? Why do you push your agenda with your crazy theories and bs stats?

I get it. We all get it. You love your seats and you love the process. All we ask you stop lying to everybody else about what the PSL situation is.
    Probably because he is one of Woody's top sales people and has visions of his commission dropping bigtime.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

You're telling me to do research?

You're right I have not gone to any PSL reselling sites.

You love your seats and you love the process.
    Section 142 is PSL Gold. It's like winning the lottery. They were the very first PSL's to sell out. Them becoming available is like finding a first-state Beatles Butcher Sleeve in the local Target, perhaps a Double Eagle or an upside-down airplane stamp. There is no question that Cornfed has to jump on these if he has the financial wherewithal to do so. Skipping those seats would haunt him forever otherwise.

If you look outside and the sky is blue and the sun is shining, you do not need to do any research to prove that it's not raining.

There are so few PSL's for sale that there is clearly no exodus. If you think there is, do the research, prove it to me.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Probably because he is one of Woody's top sales people and has visions of his commission dropping bigtime.
    I'm just a Jets fan with a good view for a change.

I did my time on the waitlist for 10 long seasons while old-timers squatted in the good seats because they could sell half the seats for 2x face value and attend the other half of the season for free. Lincoln freed the slaves, Johnson freed the waitlisters. Be happy for me.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so few PSL's for sale that there is clearly no exodus. If you think there is, do the research, prove it to me.

SAR I
    From a previous post:

"I would like to say though for factual purposes at least from 1 site I checked out that sells PSL's and found out that actually the Jets have 447 items for sale (their term) compared to the Giants who have 133 items for sale."

To clarify, the word "items" means "sets of seats". There are between 2 and 8 seats for sale within those "items". For what Roger Goodell labeled "an investment" it appears that "many", not a "few" people are selling their PSLs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    From a previous post:

"I would like to say though for factual purposes at least from 1 site I checked out that sells PSL's and found out that actually the Jets have 447 items for sale (their term) compared to the Giants who have 133 items for sale."

To clarify, the word "items" means "sets of seats". There are between 2 and 8 seats for sale within those "items". For what Roger Goodell labeled "an investment" it appears that "many", not a "few" people are selling their PSLs.
    1,651. That's the magic number. That's more than the customary 2% turnover each year.

When QJF does the research and provides a spreadsheet and links to sites that show SALES, not listings, then we'll talk.

Savvy?

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-17-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    1,651. That's the magic number. That's more than the customary 2% turnover each year.

When QJF does the research and provides a spreadsheet and links to sites that show SALES, not listings, then we'll talk.

Savvy?

SAR I
    the reason the turnover is probably 2% and under right now is cause now everyone who originally brought them now realize what a bad investment it was and would like to sell them buy no-one else wants them

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Proof positive that nobody likes rich people. Even rich people hate rich people.

SAR I

What is your definition of rich? For example I bought a new car in 2005 a week before I was invited to a work think. My Boss sees it as I pull up and gives me grief he cant believe I bought a new car, such a waste of money, tells me only "rich people" can afford new cars as depreciation is terrible, he gets his cars off ebay used.

My boss in 2005 made 5 million a year. He thought he was dirt poor. Why he reported directly to CEO who in good times with stock grants vesting made 50 million a year. So I meet CEO a few weeks later, and he pulls up in a used minivan. I get speech all over how rich people have new cars. Guess what at 50 million in 2005/2006 there were some CEOs on wall street with total packages of 200 million, he felt poor.

People who brag about riches crack me. up. You are not from NYC. But in NYC when they say Millionaires, that means a husband who has a salary of one million a year not including spouses income or investment income.

500K a year income is used car, can collecting split level lower upper class.

So how much do you think a year salary is to be rich. We talking New Hampshire, NJ or NY?

No offense at all here. My first job out of college as bank branch assistant supervisor the tellers making 13K a year thought the Branch Manager at 40K was super rich. It is all perception.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    the reason the turnover is probably 2% and under right now is cause now everyone who originally brought them now realize what a bad investment it was and would like to sell them buy no-one else wants them
    Look at Gourneys time share in Long Island, 100% of owners want to sell at any price. Yet they rarely sell. It is an iluiquid market and the time share fees are so higher it is usually cheaper just to rent the room for a week with no committments.

Gourneys is more like a PSL than you think. You are paying for the right to rent a room but timeshare can jack fees at any time on time share owners or let property get run down. You are also committed to it season after season and if you cant make it you have to find someone to take your week or lose your yearly payment.

A PSL is basically a Timeshare. Not to say all PSLs and Timeshares are bad. But sadly must are. And like a timeshare as unit gets older and more run down and property less desirable your fees stay the same. Even though it is harder to rent and harder to sell

In Gourneys case around half the owners walked away when they could not sell, defaulted and owners not got back half the units for free after selling them. Sound familar. The house always wins.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

What is your definition of rich? For example I bought a new car in 2005 a week before I was invited to a work think. My Boss sees it as I pull up and gives me grief he cant believe I bought a new car, such a waste of money, tells me only "rich people" can afford new cars as depreciation is terrible, he gets his cars off ebay used.

My boss in 2005 made 5 million a year. He thought he was dirt poor. Why he reported directly to CEO who in good times with stock grants vesting made 50 million a year. So I meet CEO a few weeks later, and he pulls up in a used minivan. I get speech all over how rich people have new cars. Guess what at 50 million in 2005/2006 there were some CEOs on wall street with total packages of 200 million, he felt poor.

People who brag about riches crack me. up. You are not from NYC. But in NYC when they say Millionaires, that means a husband who has a salary of one million a year not including spouses income or investment income.

500K a year income is used car, can collecting split level lower upper class.

So how much do you think a year salary is to be rich. We talking New Hampshire, NJ or NY?

No offense at all here. My first job out of college as bank branch assistant supervisor the tellers making 13K a year thought the Branch Manager at 40K was super rich. It is all perception.
    I've posted my annual income and net worth in the past, it's not appropriate here.

By "rich" I mean "PSL rich" or the ability to afford $5,000 a year or $60,000 per decade for NFL tickets. I don't think that's a lot of money, but apparently a lot of other people do because they keep telling us why we shouldn't be spending it.

SAR I