Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    From 1988 to 2001 I was on the waitlist. For the vast majority of that time, there was no internet, no eBay, no Craigslist. Back then, had to rely on word of mouth or Newsday to find something. I tried to find season ticket holders to buy out, but no luck.

I discovered the internet in 1994, got into eBay into 2000, and very quickly found an old postal worker who was in retirement, couldn't go to games anymore, gave him $10,000 for a postcard on which he put my name and address as his "nephew" and, boom, 3 seats, Row 1, Mezzanine Giants Stadium.

For those 13 long, hard years I scalped a lot of seats in the parking lot, called a few brokers, got some seats from business associates, that's it.

So that's why PSL's are a dream for me. Finally, good seats, no nonsense, just cash.

SAR I
    seems you have some inconsistencies here. You are telling us that you were on the Jets waiting list from 88-01 and couldn`t get tickets? I was on that list from 85-90 and got 4 seats in 319 row 1 in 1991 after purchasing tickets in 340 row 19 seats 1-2 from a friend from 1985 till 1991(scalped the entire 1984 season). I think you are joshing us here. There was a waiting list of 14,000 or so back in those days. I was updated every year as to where I was on that list(started at 14,443). When I was at the 3,961 point, the following season I got my tickets. Even at the rate that you have proof of at 2% turnover each season, you weren`t picked? LOL Now everyone knows you are FOS. There were 78,961 seats available in the old stadium. At 2% turnover, it`s around say, 1,579(if you want exact #`s). If you WERE on that waiting list, after 13 years, the turnover would be around 20,500 seats. Me thinks you weren`t even on the list. You easily should have had seats by 1996 after the mass exodus back then. I knew people who were at the 6,000 point and got tickets after Kotite screwed things up. I don`t believe a word you say as do many others here. I won`t even bother with you anymore because you think you got something now. LOL It`s the worst time EVER to be a Jets fan and STH. You are WAY overpaying for garbage and the team won`t be good for another 6 or 7 years. Enjoy my friend.

You got totally jipped for buying someone out of their ST`s for $10,000. Couldn`t have happened to a more "die-harder" fan imo. LOL I`m thrilled about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    . I won`t even bother with you anymore because you think you got something now. LOL It`s the worst time EVER to be a Jets fan and STH. You are WAY overpaying for garbage and the team won`t be good for another 6 or 7 years. Enjoy my friend.

You got totally jipped for buying someone out of their ST`s for $10,000. Couldn`t have happened to a more "die-harder" fan imo. LOL I`m thrilled about it.
    Poor blue-collar people don't like rich white-collar people, it's just the way it is.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    At Met Life stadium $1,300 in beer is not much at all.

Also paying a PSL is not fun. Going to games is fun.

I used to have row one Mezz seats many years ago in Giants stadium. I did not think they were the cats meow. First I felt like I was yelling into outer space, no one in front of me and no one can hear me. Second I was pretty far back from field, only thing I had a really good view of was the middle part of lower level seating.

PSL or no PSL Row one 50 yard line Upper Deck is most likely a better view than row one Mezz corner.

Row one Mezz A corner, has no standing all the time, no one blocking your view, near escalator, easy in and out, short lines at bathrooms and concessions. But the view, not so great.
    50 yard line, Row 1 uppers are definitely better than MEZZ corner Row 1, but those non-PSLs were prolly the first seats to be selected in the whole stadium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Diehard fans actually attend all the games, not just the "good" ones.
    Diehard fans also spend time on their own team fan sites, not trolling other team sites. WTF business do you have on this thread? You need to see a shrink.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    50 yard line, Row 1 uppers are definitely better than MEZZ corner Row 1, but those non-PSLs were prolly the first seats to be selected in the whole stadium.
    I could have had those, took a pass.

Way, way too high up even still, first few rows obstructed by a railing, takes forever to get up there, dirtbag blue-collar types all around you.

If you want elevation, you want the mezzanine. The A corners are the only non-Club option available.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Way, way too high up even still, first few rows obstructed by a railing, takes forever to get up there, dirtbag blue-collar types all around you.

If you want elevation, you want the mezzanine. The A corners are the only non-Club option available.

SAR I
    here we go again with the dirtbag blue collar comments.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

When I give up my Steelers tickets to StubHub, I'm helping my fellow Jets fans, very diehard of me. And because these super smart no-PSL fans don't get hosed with ten games including the worthless preseason, they are more than willing to pay me two times face value for the privilege.

SAR I
    Wait a minute... I really don't want to indulge you but I recall you saying several times you were going to unload the Pittsburgh game and another 4 good games this upcoming year at two times face to the VISITING team's fans. Which one is it?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    BS. I was called at the end of day one and couldn't get those. I was told by the rep that friends and family pretty much had connections on those seats. Maybe if you wanted 1 seat, but not for 3 or 4.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Wait a minute... I really don't want to indulge you but I recall you saying several times you were going to unload the Pittsburgh game and another 4 good games this upcoming year at two times face to the VISITING team's fans. Which one is it?
    The Pittsburgh seats will be sold at 2x times face value, maybe 3x. Any Jets fan can PM me and buy them from me without using any online service.

If Jets fans here aren't interested, they will be put on StubHub where both Jets fans and Steeler fans can buy them.

I have to write a check to the Jets for $5000 this April. I know the Jets will be lucky to get 6 wins next year. I do not like and do not support Rex Ryan. So I will sell as many seats as is necessary at inflated prices to both Jets fans and enemy fans, let the Jets make me some money, and wind up attending two or three games and pocketing $6,000.

I have attended over 60 games in the last decade. I am above judgment.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC331 View Post
    BS. I was called at the end of day one and couldn't get those. I was told by the rep that friends and family pretty much had connections on those seats. Maybe if you wanted 1 seat, but not for 3 or 4.
    I had Day 1 seniority. Sales process started at 9 AM. I got my phone call at 10 AM.

Having being given a stadium tour, I knew I did not want the upper deck. It boiled down to Section 142 or 232A. I chose the elevation and partially did so because I do not like people standing up in front of me whenever they feel like it.

In Row 1 SAR controls who stands up and who gets to sit down.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Row 1 mezz like being in the upper deck . U got a nice pair of nikons to put around the neck area .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDMAN1 View Post
    Row 1 mezz like being in the upper deck . U got a nice pair of nikons to put around the neck area .

Nope.

It's like being in Mezzanine Row 7 of Giants Stadium. I took dozens of photos, spent weeks comparing the two before the shut the old girl down. Its about 20 feet of push back, 20 feet of push up from my old seats in Row 1.

Where are your seats again? I forget.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is, anyone can list PSL's even if they really have no intention of selling them.

Listings mean nothing. The sure signs of an exodus are when 25% to 50% of PSL owners have completed a resale at a discount that is substantial. Everything else is just noise.
    SAR I
    Agreed listings mean nothing. Is not an exodus unless 25-50% of PSL owners leave? I would not call that an exodus. I would call it an avalanche. If that happened Woody would not be able to pay his debt on the stadium and this team would be in even more trouble. I don't think anybody is predicting that. 10% would be pretty significant and IMO labeled an exodus. I think there's a very good chance of getting that # or a bit beyond. Of course you won't see any of that until the bills go out and people have to lay out dough.

Just the fact that Woody is now letting PSL holders not buy 2013 tickets (as reported in this thread) is very significant. It shows how worried the Jets are over the exodus.

Here. Do some research. Here's the site that the other poster referenced:

At least half the seats with an asking price at or above face value.

SAR I
    Wait. You just told me in the exactly preceding post that "listings mean nothing?" You changed your mind in 5 seconds?

Wow! Nice to know that you are a man with the strength of your convictions.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's like being in Mezzanine Row 7 of Giants Stadium. I took dozens of photos, spent weeks comparing the two before the shut the old girl down. Its about 20 feet of push back, 20 feet of push up from my old seats in Row 1.
    SAR I
    I remember when I toured MetLife for the first time, the rep told me that the 4th row UD at MetLife was equal to the last row at Giants Stadium as far as altitude goes. If you check the Giant PSL resale asking prices, some rows as high as 22 (highest row is 26) are going for above face... and that sight line is the same as the one from the Goodyear blimp. Just goes to show you it is all about demand.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor blue-collar people don't like rich white-collar people, it's just the way it is.

SAR I
    I think it's the people on here who bought into your "Jet PSL'S are a great investment" threads several years ago, only later to find out they got Bamboozled by your BS, who don't like you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just listing 4 Mezzanine End Zone A 245a 3 5 - 8 All 4 for $7,000

Row 3 Mez A seats 7k for all four I repeat. That is crazy. .

Just sold on line
    4 Lower Level End Zone 124 33 5 - 8 $4,800 for All four

2 Coaches Club 114 15 14 - 15 $5,000 Coaches Club!!!

2 Lower Level Sideline 135 6 19 - 20 $16,500 still cheap for six row 175 yard line

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have attended over 60 games in the last decade. I am above judgment.

SAR I
    when you do over 140 consecutive Jets home games, come back and talk. Otherwise don`t say a word. You ain`t above anyone or anything.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Just listing 4 Mezzanine End Zone A 245a 3 5 - 8 All 4 for $7,000

Row 3 Mez A seats 7k for all four I repeat. That is crazy. .

Just sold on line
    4 Lower Level End Zone 124 33 5 - 8 $4,800 for All four

2 Coaches Club 114 15 14 - 15 $5,000 Coaches Club!!!

2 Lower Level Sideline 135 6 19 - 20 $16,500 still cheap for six row 175 yard line
    Wow!!! That's nuts! I don't want to say the word, "exodus", but the market is certainly declining.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two months have gone by.

Still no sign of the predicted "MASSIVE PSL EXODUS! !!!"