Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 979

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

  1. #541
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    good news for Zippy

    no football stadium in Queens or LI

    a sold old football stadium in NJ


    but


    you still got that beautiful Nassau Mauseoleum just down the road in Roslyn and your Long island Islanders packing the place



    oops.... wait a second


    never mind

  2. #542
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    So we lost 2 AFC Championship games. During that time we didn't have one Division Championship or one home playoff game.

    I have to bless the new stadium for that record? No thank you..
    I'll take the divisional win against the Pats over a relatively meaningless division title every single day.

  3. #543
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Band LOL You do the exact same thing to offset your mistake. You boast on here about how you sell key matchups for 3x face. You`re being a hypocrite. And yes, I quit on the Jets, just like they quit on me for 27 years of being a STH.

    My responsibility to the Jets ends on April 7 when they've cashed my $5,000 season ticket check. They've got the money, they're all set. What I do after that is my business.

    In a year where I like the team, I'll go to every game barring sickness or a major family conflict.

    In a year where I don't like the team, I'll sell off all the elite games to opposing fans at 2x or 3x face value and get back as much money as I can.

    By "liking" the team I mean that they could go 2-14 for all I care as long as they are headed in the right direction, giving 110%, and not mailing it in under a terrible head coach. I'll go to all 8 games in a year like that. I won't go to all 8 games if we have another clown circus. It's just not worth the effort.

    Yes, I am. For the better of the franchise. They would simply be better off starting over again, changing their helmets/uniforms/colors, changing their fans, which could be an improvement for the franchise and best of all, getting a stadium they can FINALLY call their OWN home for the first time in their history.

    The Giants aren't in their "own" stadium and they are the reigning Super Bowl Champions. There are more Jets fans than ever before in MetLife Stadium, all the scalpers and Giants fans having left because of PSL's.

    You didn`t buy me seats. I had first row ez seats in the old stadium. I was quite happy with them. Didn`t like the glass in front of me but I got use to it. What you have now is a segregated stadium. From wiser, or less wealthier fans, however you want to look at it, sitting in the UD to more wealthier, or dumber fans sitting in the Mezz below, to much wealthier and probably the dumbest fans around sitting in the rich club seats. Rather sitting inside watching television. It`s a stale atmosphere and resembles nothing of what football fans, specifically Jets fans, use to be like. The games are dull and the players notice, thus less enthusiasm to play hard.

    So wealthy fans are stupid and only poor fans are smart. That's your platform. It's not possible, not even imaginable that wealthy fans are wealthy because they are smart and they know more about football in their BMW's as a guy in a truck. Rich fans don't need alcohol and nicotine to enjoy a football game. Not sure how all your drunk friends even know the score let alone the strategy behind a playcall.

    You are gone. The stadium doesn't matter to you. You don't matter to us. Stay in your basement, eat your pretzels, sniff your own farts. Leave the talk about the Jets and the stadium to the paying customers. We didn't quit on the team; we bought in. Bought in big.

    SAR I

  4. #544
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    lol the storied New York Jets franchise has been ruined.
    Oh, definitely, dontcha know that the Jets are ruined because the big cement arena is in New Jersey and not Queens.

    Because, after all, if the stadium was in Queens the PSL's would have been double what they were, the Club seats wouldn't be close to sold out, and the lack of luxury suite revenue would have jacked ticket prices for everyone.

    Sharing a stadium means sharing the losses incurred by a building that only is useful for 10 out of 365 days. The fanbase has been in New Jersey longer than it was on Long Island. The old Shea fanbase is six-feet-under. But we should be in Queens. So the stadium could be half empty. So the ticket prices could be higher. Then the Jets would have a better head coach. Then the Jets would be 14-2 this very day.

    Logical, right? LOLZ.

    SAR I

  5. #545
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My responsibility to the Jets ends on April 7 when they've cashed my $5,000 season ticket check. They've got the money, they're all set. What I do after that is my business.

    SAR I
    So please explain how Fireman Ed is a selfish dirtbag, exactly?
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 12-30-2012 at 12:46 PM.

  6. #546
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    So please explain how Fireman Ed is a selfish dirtbag, exactly?
    Instead of just disappearing like a decent fan would, he made a big, pubilc spectacle over his decision and accomplished nothing but adding additional humiliation to the team and the very fans he pretended to represent.

    Instead of defending the team or just keeping his mouth shut, he joined the pile-on. An unforgivable sin.

    Oh, and once again, who was right? Who said the guy was an awful fan? Who said the guy didn't care as much as he seemed to? Who said the guy was a fraud? Who said the guy has a history of quitting on the team when the going gets rough and that he'd do it again. Yup. Me.

    SAR I

  7. #547
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    ed never gives the Jets any money. He got his free tickets and other perks (road trips) for being their official mascot

    It was selfish of him to up and walk out on all this free stuff in the middle of the season when a new mascot couldn't be easily found to replace him

  8. #548
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Oh, definitely, dontcha know that the Jets are ruined because the big cement arena is in New Jersey and not Queens.

    Because, after all, if the stadium was in Queens the PSL's would have been double what they were, the Club seats wouldn't be close to sold out, and the lack of luxury suite revenue would have jacked ticket prices for everyone.

    SAR I
    Listen nothing in my posts made this a Jersey vs Queens discussion but since you insist on doing that I will only comment that this post is just more bs to add to your mountain.

    PSL's would not have been double. PSL's have absolutely nothing to do with teams cost are in building a stadium. They have everything to do with what the market would bear.

    Woody tried so hard to maximize his PSL income but had to cut back severely to sell as many as he did (of course that was something that everybody told you needed to be done and you disagreed but I digress).

    Yes, PSL prices are set by S & D like everything else. Maybe in Queens if Woody would have designed his own stadium if would have been very different. I would argue that a solo stadium in Queens would have had a much greater demand for PSL's. I'm sure you disagree but we will never know.

    What we do know is the demand for PSL's in Jersey is not what the Jets need. That is indisputable by everybody in the real world (meaning everybody but SAR and Skippy).

  9. #549
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Listen nothing in my posts made this a Jersey vs Queens discussion but since you insist on doing that I will only comment that this post is just more bs to add to your mountain.

    PSL's would not have been double. PSL's have absolutely nothing to do with teams cost are in building a stadium. They have everything to do with what the market would bear.

    Woody tried so hard to maximize his PSL income but had to cut back severely to sell as many as he did (of course that was something that everybody told you needed to be done and you disagreed but I digress).

    Yes, PSL prices are set by S & D like everything else. Maybe in Queens if Woody would have designed his own stadium if would have been very different. I would argue that a solo stadium in Queens would have had a much greater demand for PSL's. I'm sure you disagree but we will never know.

    What we do know is the demand for PSL's in Jersey is not what the Jets need. That is indisputable by everybody in the real world (meaning everybody but SAR and Skippy).
    Every game at MetLife Stadium has been sold out or been filled to 90% capacity which is no different than it was at Giants Stadium. No different than the Yankees, Rangers, Knicks, certainly better than the Mets, Devils.

    Oh, and no different than the Giants.

    Everyone's happy except you. Sorry.

    SAR I

  10. #550
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Every game at MetLife Stadium has been sold out or been filled to 90% capacity which is no different than it was at Giants Stadium.

    SAR I
    If that 90% figure is true and I have my doubt it is with smoke and mirrors. Lots of gimmicks employed by the Jets as spoken about by savvy posters on this site.

    There is no question with price decreases of PSL's and game day tickets the demand for Jets tickets is much less then the demand for Giant tickets.

    Would that be different in a solo stadium in NYC. I say yes. You say no. The truth is we will never know and it's useless for you to keep bringing it up.

  11. #551
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    This type of analysis is only meaningful if you assume that the PSL buyer is on a fixed income.
    I made no type of assumption. I was asked what was the time value of SAR's 16k psl investment over the 30 year expected life span of the stadium.
    My answer is accurate per the question asked.

  12. #552
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your solo stadium in the Corona dumps would still remain unbuilt because Bloomberg after 10 years of eminent domain legal hassling still can't get the auto salvage yards removed

  13. #553
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Instead of just disappearing like a decent fan would, he made a big, pubilc spectacle over his decision and accomplished nothing but adding additional humiliation to the team and the very fans he pretended to represent.

    Instead of defending the team or just keeping his mouth shut, he joined the pile-on. An unforgivable sin.

    Oh, and once again, who was right? Who said the guy was an awful fan? Who said the guy didn't care as much as he seemed to? Who said the guy was a fraud? Who said the guy has a history of quitting on the team when the going gets rough and that he'd do it again. Yup. Me.

    SAR I
    You still haven't explained how he's an awful fan, and how he doesn't care as much as he seemed to?

    You don't defend the team either, you're always piling on them, you always disappear when the going gets tough, and you're also a baldy. You're Fireman Ed in sheepskin. If all the people you talk about are Frauds, based on whatever criteria you have, then you are a fraud as well, and a hypocrite to boot!

  14. #554
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    owning psls and season tickets to this team means nothing but we wasted our money.

    woody johnson thanks for nothing.

  15. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    ed never gives the Jets any money. He got his free tickets and other perks (road trips) for being their official mascot

    It was selfish of him to up and walk out on all this free stuff in the middle of the season when a new mascot couldn't be easily found to replace him
    and you have proof of this? Show it or stfu.

  16. #556
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You still haven't explained how he's an awful fan, and how he doesn't care as much as he seemed to?

    You don't defend the team either, you're always piling on them, you always disappear when the going gets tough, and you're also a baldy. You're Fireman Ed in sheepskin. If all the people you talk about are Frauds, based on whatever criteria you have, then you are a fraud as well, and a hypocrite to boot!
    I don't answer to you.

    You used to be cool. Now you are being a douche. Pick a side of the fence. Tell me now so I know what I'm dealing with.

    SAR I

  17. #557
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't answer to you.

    You used to be cool. Now you are being a douche. Pick a side of the fence. Tell me now so I know what I'm dealing with.

    SAR I
    There's no side of the fence to pick when dealing with you, mate. You move the perameters of your fence to suit whichever theses' of yours that you need to prove to everybody on here. Fireman Ed is a fraud who quit on the team and shouldn't be saying negative things about them to anyone. SAR I brags about how he sells half of his games every year, and repeatedly bashes damn near every aspect of the team on Jets Insider (not that I'm saying the positions you take are always wrong). So why is it that if Fireman Ed decides he doesn't want to lead the Jets cheer anymore, that he's a quitter and a fraud, whereas SAR I flat out decides not to go to games, and is the Jets biggest critic, but somehow that's ok? I'm not saying you don't have your right to do whatever you want with your tickets or say whatever you want about the Jets here, but I just can't wrap my mind around the logic that Baldy person A. is a fraud and quitter, and Baldy person B. is the only person who understands anything about anything, on Jets Insider.

    If you care to... at your leisure, please explain the double standard that you expect when talking about Fireman Ed compared to yourself.

    PS: When did anybody ever say I was cool on here?

  18. #558
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nothing wrong with that at all.

    What each of us does with our spare time and our hard-earned fun money is up to each of us. Why others think season ticket holders are ripe for judgement is beyond me. We're not part of the team. We're not public figures. They want to throw stones at Mark Sanchez or Rex Ryan, have at it, it's what we're here for. But throwing stones at other Jets fans because we like attending games even though it costs a bit of money? Ridiculous.

    In the end, everyone wins here. PSL owners finally get the seats of their dreams. Younger fans and straight season ticket holders get the entire upper deck with no PSL's at all and reasonable gameday ticket prices. Old timers have a mechanism in StubHub to get the customary 2 or 3 games they attend with extremely fair prices, bargains in many cases. The Jets went from Bottom 5 to Top 5 in revenue ensuring a strong future for the club, financially speaking.

    No one should be upset. There isn't a reason in the world that the new stadium should bother anyone. We all won here.

    SAR I
    I have to disagree with you on upper deck ticket prices. PSL or no PSL let's be honest would you pay $125 for upper prime seats in row 26 between the 40s? $125 for a corner end zone row 1 seat.

    I have upper deck seats yea I'm lucky no PSL and I'll pay the bill because well it's part of being a part of "the club" but I can't say it's a good value anymore.

  19. #559
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like
    My biggest complain about the new stadium is the type of fan it has attracted.

    I know there has been references to "burpers" "farters" and "guys with 1980s music blaring."

    Sure some of them are gone but instead you have 25 year old Gino from Staten Island blaring Avici in the parking lot funnelling beers and having a roid rage. Football flying hitting cars and just a lack of courtesy in the lots and inside the stadium.

    I am sure in some areas of the stadium things have gotten better but the lower level end zones and upper deck can be a zoo at times.

  20. #560
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    There's no side of the fence to pick when dealing with you, mate. You move the perameters of your fence to suit whichever theses' of yours that you need to prove to everybody on here. Fireman Ed is a fraud who quit on the team and shouldn't be saying negative things about them to anyone. SAR I brags about how he sells half of his games every year, and repeatedly bashes damn near every aspect of the team on Jets Insider (not that I'm saying the positions you take are always wrong). So why is it that if Fireman Ed decides he doesn't want to lead the Jets cheer anymore, that he's a quitter and a fraud, whereas SAR I flat out decides not to go to games, and is the Jets biggest critic, but somehow that's ok? I'm not saying you don't have your right to do whatever you want with your tickets or say whatever you want about the Jets here, but I just can't wrap my mind around the logic that Baldy person A. is a fraud and quitter, and Baldy person B. is the only person who understands anything about anything, on Jets Insider.

    If you care to... at your leisure, please explain the double standard that you expect when talking about Fireman Ed compared to yourself.

    PS: When did anybody ever say I was cool on here?
    Not speaking for SAR because God knows he can do that himself but IMO the distinction is that SAR paid for the privileges of doing what he wants with his tickets and being a critic whereas the Fireman was the Jet mascot sitting in comped lower level seats and getting other perks like road trip hosting and on field speaking gigs thus had little or no right to up and quit on his gracious hosts in the middle of a season without even allowing the team to find a replacement mascot. You don't see the philly phanatic or patriot pat or Mr Met turning on their teams when they experience bad seasons

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us